Troy Corporation Employee Reviews

Review
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work and learn. Accessibility to upper management and the opportunity to grow is immense. Pleasant experience overall. Privately held company.
Learned a lot about products and people
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 25, 2016
Typical days were pretty routine, changing only with product mix.
Learned additional people skills and instrumentation.
Management very structured.
Co-workers easy to get along with.
Hardest part was getting use to early commute.
Most enjoyable part was freedom to control multi-tasking.
Positive environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJDecember 5, 2016
The company had a pretty fair environment for everyone. I always felt I was helped with training when I needed it. Co-workers were always helpful and took the time to show me the necessary information.
Pros
great environment
Cons
only a summer job
stay away from this place!!!!!!!
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 22, 2016
If you want to be treated like you are nothing then try to work for Troy. If you become sick and you are unable to report to work just one day then you most like will be fire right away.
Win - Win situation
Senior Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 6, 2015
It was an excellent job I was an analytical chemist. GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, GC, wet chemistry FT-IR

The company makes biocides and fungicides for the personal care industry. I learned a lot about surfactants.
not a very fulfilling career location
Head of IT Core Services, Worldwide (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMay 12, 2015
Troy overall is a very challenging place to work. There is no work life balance at all. Your career will go no where here. There is no advancement at all at this privately held company.
Stable company
CORPORATE RECRUITER - Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 26, 2014
I have been a recruiter here for 8 months and I am treated with respect and given the flexibility I need.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Old-fashioned
Anger and Frustration will be your reward.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Florham ParkOctober 10, 2013
Sadly Troy has no consideration nor appreciation of it's employees. If one can put up with daily humilliations and back talk from an under qualified manager and/or lazy co-workers, while few work hard to keep dept running some just keep browsing their texts or internet. If one does not care being scream to in front of others and be threated lower than trash then this is the place for you. The many hard working employees still within receive not appreciation nor even a pat on the back for work well done. There is not room for growth or to go up the ladder (unless?) as one is told when interview, benefits are increase every year, health insurance is completely un-affordable. Help is non-existing so there is not point in bringing up your complains or concerns on the contrary they will pick a shovel to make it 7 feet under instead of 6.
I saw how an employee of more than a decade was put down on daily basis by new management, written down,made fun of and literally the whole company knew about it, this employee was exemplary, hard working and dedicated, knew the company in and out literally, gave Troy 1000% if this person could, yet at the end sadly was shown the door.
Pros
Few outstanding people
Cons
Not worth talking about
productive environment
summer clerk (Former Employee) –  florham park, njApril 2, 2013
I did not work there long, only for the summer as a clerk. The whole day consisted of filing papers and writing up deposit slips.
Pros
coffee breaks
Cons
tedious work
Unproductive place to work!!! Stay far away as possible!!!
An Employee (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 11, 2012
The employees and my co-workers were great people. They will feel sorry for you after you have been hired and find out how bad it really is. It is the management that needs to be replaced. Not all management is bad, but my director was counterproductive, conduct unbecoming of a manager. My director and his sidekick manager did not want to work with you, was always against you...Always second guessing me..the lying, sneaking, I was always getting written up for stupid reasons...The most enjoyable part was leaving...What I learned from working there was that my other managers and directors were not as bad as I thought. In retrospect, I actually learned from my past managers and directors especially from their constructive criticism...Stay far away as possible!!! If do need a job, work there and keep searching...it will take you no longer than a month to figure it out how hostile it is.
Pros
there are no pro's whatsoever!!!!
Cons
see review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Troy Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9