Troy University Employee Reviews in United States

Work life balance, great relationships, not ideal pay scale for economy
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  n/aApril 10, 2015
Working at Troy University is fun, creative, and builds long lasting relationships. The work life balance is awesome especially for those with families. The most rewarding part of working at Troy other than those previously mentioned, would be the great benefits as well. The few cons would be pay rate for the economy we live in, it is completely not ideal. The next, would be moving up the ladder, there is not very much growth and when there is it usually takes some time to get there sometimes "moving to another position" is simple that nothing more.
Pros
Paid time off, holidays, sick leave - great work life balance
Cons
Pay in regards to cost of living.
Interesting Environment
Administrative Secretary - International Affairs (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 13, 2016
Working with people from different cultures is educational and rewarding. Most people are extremely friendly and have a lot to offer.
Pros
People from different cultures
Cons
Low salaries compared to other universities
Overall great experience
Adjunct Professor, Leadership Institute (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 14, 2016
University administration reaches out to faculty and students in order to make both groups highly successful in a rigorous academic environment
Great work environment
Work Ship Student (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 9, 2016
I would travel daily sailing products and promoted the gym. I also was a personal trainer. I learned how to handle sales and also handle money.
Awesome!
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 23, 2016
Troy University is GREAT! Working there was absolutely amazing. I loved the employers, employees, and students that I came into contact with.
Work Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 11, 2016
I was a student worker. I loved working for the university everyone is nice and caring They work around classes and exams.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 12, 2016
Great place to study and learn.
The city isn't the best but it's okay for studying and working. Great degree programs and teachers.
Decent workplace slow advancement
IT Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 26, 2016
Decent place to work. Coworkers were good friends. Slow advancements and little to no raises. Nice office space and good benefits.
Pros
Free class
Cons
No advancements
Great learning experience
Assistant to Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 26, 2013
I thouroughly enjoyed my work at Troy University. I really loved the challenge of preparing for special fundraiser events, soliciting donations from various businesses, and preparing material for presentations, creating flyers and letters for promotion of events. When I wasn't busy with fundraiser, I typically organized and updated donor and alumni files, and conducted reasearch for grants for different department heads. The most difficult part of my job was the down time or work underload; I like being busy and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was allowed to be creative and the trill of succesfully acquiring donations.
Like 3rd Rock From the Sun
Distance Ed/ Institutional Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Troy Phenix CityDecember 30, 2012
It was University Work. Great benefits such as leave, paid holidays, and medical insurance. Those things were being subtracted as the economy worsened.
The environment was a huge mix of all types of people. I quit to open my own business and help my husband with his.
Most of my original co-workers and management have moved. I stay in touch with a few and one of whom has been a wonderful influence in my life.
A typical day at work filled with some typical daily activities and other days were back to back "Fires to Put Out" or "Opportunities to Overcome."
Pros
meeting and working with a diverse group
Cons
location - "i love living in the big city" atlanta
Pleasant and supportive work environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work is meeting with a client in school visit to speak with client and/or teacher and/or guidance counselor on client's behavior in school; home visit to monitor client's medication which may involve counting medication, get feedback from family, medication clinic visit to report client status on medication, if client is compliant or not with medication, report behaviors and/or side effects . Write concurrent notes in avatar system. Make your own appointment schedule with clients. Caring work environment. The hardest part of the job is explaining child's needs to parent, but parent refuses to do their part.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Great Leader
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Great leader and teamwork there was no organization. Students felt unappreciated and not motivated. The job was not hared at all because the school got very little student traffic.
Productive work environment
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2015
Be ready to change, we were constantly in a state of flux as the college went to an international University. The majority of my co-workers really tried to make Troy University a better place to work. The hardest part of the job was trying to work for someone that really did not know their job, but were placed due to nepotism. Yet the most enjoyable part of my employment was assisting the students and seeing the light in their eyes as the finally got it.
Stepping Stone Job
Director (Current Employee) –  Pheonix CityMay 16, 2012
Promises of advancement with degree's, but no advancement. Mass layoffs with last minute notices. Managers tend to suspend people who put in complaints about them or their department in order to deter further complaints.

Insurance is cheap and their leave is generious. Thats about the only good thing with Troy, if you can deter layoffs.
Pros
benefits and vacations
Cons
constant mass layoffs
Like my Job
Montgomery Campus-Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 12, 2016
Enjoy teaching students the curriculum of the history of Troy. My boss is amazing and very supportive. I enjoy teaching and showing students new things.
Pros
Amazing Supervisor-Dr. C
Cons
Pay could be more
Stay clear of the san antonio office!!!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2015
Hostile working environment. Management has no regard for human decency. Unprofessional and inappropriate behavior is non-stop. The university has questionable financial aid practices and the overall office culture perpetuates a pattern of behavior that is seriously lacking when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and overall emotional safety of employees. All travel must come out of pocket from the employee and then the university reimburses 30-45 days later (if approved). It is required to work federal holidays, nights, weekends. Overnight travel staff were required to stay together in the same room because of budget. Discriminatory practices and behavior at the san antonio office.
A mixed bag
Assistant Site Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2014
Troy's Tampa site has some outstanding professors and staff. There is good communication between sites and main campus. Coworkers in Tampa are often led by a business development director who came with no training or background and throws tantrums and belittles women. The Area Director does not care. Great opportunity to learn.
Pros
great colleagues at other sites, healthcare, compensation
Cons
expect your personal time to be invaded.
Amazing experience
International Programs Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 8, 2015
Intercultural place with eclectic team members. Makes you open to international cultures and different ways of management.
Pros
Got 6 credit hours paid every semester
Productive in the workstation.
Facility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 14, 2015
Worked with participants who came to workout using the Troy University gym. I maintained the upholding of the facilities and provided a safe environment for participants. Also I helped plan and coordinate venues to be used on campus.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALNovember 18, 2015
This was a great job for college and really prepared me for time management and things of that nature outside of college.

4.2