Troy University

Troy University Employee Reviews

Work life balance, great relationships, not ideal pay scale for economy
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), n/aApril 10, 2015
Pros: Paid time off, holidays, sick leave - great work life balance
Cons: Pay in regards to cost of living.
Working at Troy University is fun, creative, and builds long lasting relationships. The work life balance is awesome especially for those with families. The most rewarding part of working at Troy other than those previously mentioned, would be the great benefits as well. The few cons would be pay rate for the economy we live in, it is completely not ideal. The next, would be moving up the ladder, there is not very much growth and when there is it usually takes some time to get there sometimes "moving to another position" is simple that nothing more.
Typical day
Intern Video Coordinator/Player Personnel (Former Employee), Troy, ALApril 6, 2015
Pros: Unlimited gym access and two breaks!
Cons: 60 hours a week, no overtime.
A typical day starts at 5.30 a.m. this is when the gym opens for each sport teams daily workouts. We had specific times during the day for each teams to train and the hardest part of it was training the women sport teams. Enjoyable moments, working with my co workers and achieving maximum goal in strength and conditioning.
Professional Setting
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, ALFebruary 23, 2015
In this position I was assisting the Director of the Accreditation department.My job included research and analysis,summarizing of data and many other duties.
Productive and fun place to work
Counselor (Current Employee), Troy, ALFebruary 18, 2015
Interactive with students and administration daily. Ability to utilize managerial and organizational skills are essential.
College Life
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, ALFebruary 4, 2015
This was just a college work study job.. i recommend it for all freshmen although they didn't pay much it was enough for food and gas an to wash clothes... It was also nice and quiet for studying
Working at school
Electrics Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Troy, ALJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: i was my own boss, mostly.
Maintaining and implementing stage equipment at Troy University's Theaters for public speakers, performances, and events. I was also in charge of overseeing Stagecraft Lab students attaining their hours for school credit.
Great place to work.
Vacuum Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, ALDecember 15, 2014
A day that is bright, beautiful, and great people to work with. It's a great place to work and the shift that I work, there are not many people around. I've had a chance to meet a few people. The people that I have met and got to know, they are really nice and friendly people.
The perfect college
Student worker (Former Employee), Troy, AlOctober 14, 2014
Was able to meet and help the incoming students. I ran errands and was a runner for the main workers in the office
Great Community
PROJECT FACILITY MANAGER, Sodexo (Current Employee), Troy, ALOctober 7, 2014
Typical day was spent meeting with University employees and responding to University Administration request
Troy was a great place to work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: interaction with students
Cons: driving 200 miles to work
Prepare lessons, research, and advise
There are more questions than answers
Management was excellent.
Co-workers helpful and friendly
The hardest part of my job was to drive 200 miles to the office twice a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job was face-to-face interaction with my students.
Fun place to work with good benefits
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, AlabamaAugust 7, 2014
I was a life line of help for the students. I worked in the international dorm and built up a skill of communicating to people who spoke broken English and worked in the Freshmen dorm where I helped the students adapt to college life. Other responsibilities were turning in paper work on time and answering the phone in a professional manner when in the office. Sometimes I had to direct the parents in the right direction for answers
Serious divisions along ethnicity lines
Director of Troy Abroad (Former Employee), Troy, ALJuly 13, 2014
Pros: salary is fine
Cons: some eople in position of power address you with :"you people".
There are serious divisions along ethnicity lines, with no policies or actions that on the ground (not on paper) appropriately deal with the issue.
Fun Atmosphere
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, ALJune 15, 2014
Pros: easily assessable to school
Cons: no health care
A typical day at Troy University's Student Support Services consisted of completing needed filing, answering calls, scheduling appointments, assisting director of program. I learned to work independently and balance school and work. I managed a heavy work load with attending school full time in anticipation of my Bachelor's degree. I worked well with all of my coworkers and assisted them in times when work load became to heavy. I managed things very well on this job. I can not say there was anything hard about it. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with students.
Great school
Student Coach (Former Employee), Troy, ALJune 6, 2014
I went to classes and played football my first year. Then I stopped to be a student coach and tutored the players.
Great place to work when going to school,
Student Worker (Former Employee), Troy, ALJune 2, 2014
Troy is a great place to work as a student worker. The ability to get to know fellow students, make money, have a social life, and get educated at the same time.
Lovely and fun office to work
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, ALMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: sometimes it get boring doing the same things over again
At a particular day at work as a Graduate Assistant I download Teacher Education Students grads from a database and use Microsoft Excel arrange and develop a student database system.

I learned that giving your best at the work place pays off when it comes to recommendation. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I use filter and sorting to cut down days of work to hours of work and also helping students to find results of their exams.

I did not have co-workers but my supervisors and secretary were very good
A mixed bag
Assistant Site Director (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: great colleagues at other sites, healthcare, compensation
Cons: expect your personal time to be invaded.
Troy's Tampa site has some outstanding professors and staff. There is good communication between sites and main campus. Coworkers in Tampa are often led by a business development director who came with no training or background and throws tantrums and belittles women. The Area Director does not care. Great opportunity to learn.
Quiet work place
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 8, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: public speaking
The typical day at Troy would consist of cold calling businesses and developing relationships with Human Resources. The objective is to have that company allow you to come back and do a presentation on our school to their employees.

It is a very hands off manager that I work under. The hardest part of the job is presenting to over 20 - 30 people at one time. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the flexibility to use your own marketing approach to gain new clients.
enjoyable job
Academic Counselor/Site Coordinator (Former Employee), South Boston, VAMarch 19, 2014
I enjoyed this job. My only reason for leaving was that it was part time and I needed to make more money.
Troy is a good option in town but is going through growth pains.....
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: excellent staff who cares for the students, reasonable tuition costs
Cons: decision making is centralized so it can create hardships for the student into the consideration.
Troy is one of the better programs in the Augusta market. It's tuition costs are reasonable and cheaper than many of the other schools in the area.

Staff is caring for the student. Faculty is limited and it is shifting to more of an online program which can be problematic for the students and certain programs.

1 2 3