Troy University Employee Reviews

Fun
Student Assistant -Sports Media Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 7, 2017
I am a sports fan and so I loved working here while in college. I learned a lot about how to produce statistics and reports for sports. I learned how communication skills. It was great to be able to work with all the coaches on things. It was a positive and fun atmosphere.
Pros
Inside perspective and great views at games
Cons
long weekend hours
Good start up job, not a good career
Sodexo/ Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 3, 2017
This company was very much ran by the books. No harsh language or violent acts. The supervisors were far in their decision making, but most of the problems lied in the workers under the management.
small and not much room for growth
Academic counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 25, 2017
It was a very demanding position. they wanted you to wear many hats be educated but pay less than 30k a year with no room for advancement unless you aspire to be an assistant site director or a director.
Pros
prestige and experience
Cons
can't feed your family on this pay
GHere is my review
Graduate Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 24, 2017
this was a summer internship. It was ok. Worked way too much. Didn't get paid. Under appreciated and treated like trash. Par for the course for internships.
Summary
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I spent at Troy University Montgomery. I learned a lot under the leadership of some very fine professors. My role as an adjunct taught me how to be a better educator to my students.
Productive, fun environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 5, 2017
Fun environment, teachers care about students success. Professors assist in finding job opportunities for students. A typical day at work is relaxed and easy going.
Great people to work with!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 19, 2017
While you are paid for a limited number of hours per week, it is honestly a 24/7 job. You'll learn to deal with difficult people and how to compromise to get the objective accomplished. The management is ever changing, so the policies in place while I worked there are more than likely gone. Over all it was a great experience to work directly with fellow students and learn from other team members.
Child care worker
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 19, 2017
I worked with serious juvenile offenders to help transition them back into normal life. I helped them learn how to function in society. I helped teach them life skills, job skills, etc.
Fun janitorial duties in cool beautiful enviroments
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 11, 2017
This was an excellent place to work with many flexible hours. Teamwork was learned, and management is always friendly, and understanding to employees.
Great University
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAApril 8, 2017
I had an overall great experience working for Troy. The faculty, staff, and administration are good people. This is a growing University with a great working culture.
Student
Family Nurse Practitioner Student Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 13, 2017
Well set up masters program. Hours for clinical hours are well designed to develop a well prepared nurse practitioner.
Reviews are set up to assist students with passing boards.
great place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 13, 2017
great school
worked part-time as adjunct
7-10 students each semester
graded soap notes and evaluations
It was a great place to work and to go to school.
A great University to graduate from.
English tutor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 7, 2017
I get a lot of experience when I worked in the international office because the involving with the advisors and students gave me a lot of information about the study, the applications, handling different problems that the students have, and helping the students with the events that was happening in the university.
Nice place to work
Financial Aid Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJanuary 13, 2017
I don't think they pay their employees enough. I love my job. I enjoy assisting the student's and parents with their issues regarding financial aid. I only wish the pay was more.
Pros
I love that its close to home.
Cons
Pay is not enough.
Very traditional, attention to Chinese teaching, Confucius Institute.
Chinese Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 9, 2017
I am in its branch, Dosen City, to teach Chinese, where people are very friendly, students are adults, like Chinese and Chinese culture, teach them to make me very happy.
Fast Paced High Energy Productive Higher Education Platform
Purchasing Coordinator - Staff Accountant Level (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALNovember 10, 2016
Finance and Business Affairs is an intricate part of the daily operations. This team was high energy full speed every day. Exceptional group of people and organization.
N/a
Adjunct Instructor, Korean (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 7, 2016
Troy University is a public institution comprised of a network of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, Troy University provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body in traditional, nontraditional and emerging electronic formats. Academic programs are supported by a variety of student services which promote the welfare of the individual student. Troy University's dedicated faculty and staff promote discovery and exploration of knowledge and its application to life-long success through effective teaching, service, creative partnerships, scholarship and research.
Pros
International
Cons
No Cons
It was great experience working in Troy University
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALSeptember 15, 2016
My duties look after the exam schedule for ESL department.
Enrolled all ESL students for classes and exams.
Cooperative Co-workers and great leaderships.
just work somewhere else
Professor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALSeptember 8, 2016
main campus not a great place to live, the department I was in was very disorganized and had a terrible leader other departments seemed like they were more enjoyable. Very unprofessional mix of people that did little and go paid to keep it that way. Work anywhere
Very fun place to work
Document Imaging Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Troy, AL 36082September 7, 2016
I enjoy working here at the University with the people and the students. Keeps you busy with doing your job for the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Troy University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2