TRS Employee Reviews in United States

very fun to work with TES
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 20, 2016
housekeeping is only what i know iv learned a lot with then these past 8years the people i work with is so kind i just enjoy having a job
awesome management
mod installer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 11, 2016
I love this company! My supervisor shawn is one of the best bosses I've ever had. The work is straight forward, and there's always plenty to do.
Coworkers were all nice and very kind
Mobile Drug Screen Technician (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXDecember 11, 2015
horrible management, no communication, rules and guidelines were never explained until a mistake was made, was lied to multiple times about hours/overtime benefits

work environment was horrible, no selective station, basically had to make up your own table and own office in the gym
Pros
coworkers/pay
Cons
everything else
TRS-Fluor
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Great company overall. Good compensation rates, would let you work on a flexible schedule. It would have been great if there was a career development group that could have offered some well needed engineering skill set that I wanted. I was instead given a largely reporting job for enumerating all the instruments and its related equipment from weight control management.
Pros
Free lunches and seminars
Cons
Can not make a career
Loved being a manager and answering questions
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2015
Was in charge of managing multiple office locations with up to 15 people. Scheduling, invoice payments, customer service, client relations, profit recording and projections.
Cons
Advancemtent to the next level brought from outside the compnay
lots o hours
IT/Shipping/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  houston, txJuly 14, 2015
you work a lot and get paid nicely for it. family atmosphere and room for growth. you will be tot a trade and have good benefits. great place to work.
Pros
money
Cons
rough hours and hard to balance
Tig/Mig/Stick welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
going to work 5am or 6am or 7am to whenever they tell you to go home. You never know how long you will work to or have to be at work. it changes on a moments notice which is very hard to balance sense they have a zero late policy but even with all that cons i loved what i did there i learned how to Tig and Mig weld
Great work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSDecember 30, 2014
I used basic math skills to calculated payroll and invoices. I communicated with my boss to help her in what ever ways she needed.
Productive, fun work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
Get Colleagues, fun environment...Limited advancement, Limited family time...benefits could have been better...hard to take vacation.
Good company to work for
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Heruclaneum, MODecember 6, 2014
TRS is a great company to work for. Unfortunately it requires a lot of travel, which I'm trying to minimize in my professional career. TRS is a sink or swim company which allows you to move up in the company. TRS is a small company and the co-workers for the most part are easy to work with.
Owned by Fluor
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 1, 2014
Working for this company can lead to a more permanent position.
Pros
lead to a more permanent position
Cons
temp agency
Friendly
Piping Technician II (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 2, 2014
TRS is a friendly place and fun people. I wish they would have better Health Benefit and paid vacation for contractors.
Pros
free donuts on friday's
Cons
no benefits
Believed in happy employees productive employees
Payroll clerk on contract (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 12, 2014
A typical work day consisted of 12 hours, entering data, following up on employee missing badge times, for example when they had to "badge out" to work outside of the gate, I had to contact their Foreman to verify that they were working those hours or were gone off site for personal business. All of the upper management were great people to work for and with, co-workers were nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was learning the Payroll part of the job, I had no previous experience people were very patient and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting "rewards"(lunch provided for employees) once a month for job safety and/or other achievements.
Pros
great people, willing to teach
Cons
it was a temporary job
Terrible company to work for
HVAC TECH (Former Employee) –  TUCSON, AZJune 7, 2014
TRS has the absolute worst insurance I have ever seen for a large company. Yea they might give you a decent hourly rate, but for employee and spouse insurance is over $400.00 A WEEK. No job security, and the "BIG" company that may hire you permanently is not any better. Fluor also has terrible insurance, and no security. I would run from working for this place in Tucson, AZ. Every employee is unhappy and it shows.
Pros
the local manager was nice
Cons
terrible insurance and no job security, other hvac tech is very lazy.
Great Environment
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2014
Great work environment. No OT required however it was noticed and management was grateful. Compensation was fair but benefits were lacking in many areas. Zero job security was the biggest downfall. Management was personable, and easy to talk to. Culture was by far the strongest selling point for this company.
Pros
on-site cafe, gym, and social events.
Cons
cost of healthcare, job security
Ok
Site Prep Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2014
They were a hiring firm and I had little contact with them as I was contracted to another company.
Good company to work for.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Good working conditions and a good safety program. Good people to work for.
Fast-paced, focused,opportunities for growth & advancement
HR/IR Tech II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 17, 2013
Worked in three departments, varied work demands from: records management; database administration, management, and QC; instructor, developer, first-line help for reports in Report Builder 3.0; problem-solving & technical/misc. support for deployed employees & subcontractors in the field (Afghanistan primarily with some in Dubai & US); subcontractor compliance; support for subcontractors going to and returning from Afghanistan; executive reporting & support, etc.

I learned very much from each of my three departments as well Fluor's history, policies & philosophy of business, and a myrid of things regarding subcontractors, Afghanistan, contracting and subcontracting in general, business practices, etc., etc., etc.

Under various managers & departments with various co-workers (which were, generally friendly and close-knit).

I enjoyed what I did in each department and always enjoy variety and the opportunity to grow and learn all I can. I loved the work schedule.
Pros
many opportunities to grow & learn, opportunity to interact with people from over 60 nationalities on a regular basis, great schedule, frequent opportunities to meet and share a meal together, employees were included on the inner workings and status of the company
Cons
lack of unity, communication, and accountability at times affecting productivity and morale.
Productive and friendly place to work. Company provided for the workers convince of a gym, cafe, bank etc. all in one building.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 8, 2013
Review previous days notes and material as needed for morning status meetings. Proceed to work on individual tasks, getting with co-workers as needed. Update all material as needed for following day.
Pros
lunch & learns
good company
Procurement Closeout Specialist & Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2013
I really got the chance to learn and blossom as an employee. TRS was the true lift to my career in the beginning.