Trucking Company Employee Reviews

Great step.......... Into another job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Owner would rather be at work than at home, and expects ALL employees to have same view. Management expects to you to forward the company and forget yourself. WILL NOT GO BACK
Lots of paper work
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wilson OklahomaJanuary 13, 2018
I've been working here one day a wk for 21 yrs. I love it cause I can pick my own day of the wk to work as long as it's not payday. I can also come and go as I need.
Pros
Anyday of the wk that i want
Cons
Wish it was full time
Very dirty at the end of work shift
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Port baltimoreOctober 3, 2017
The stock in the warehouse was dirty every day I would leave work covered in black sut. But the employees where good n hard working people. It was a new experience.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Very dirty
Coworkers were fun to work with
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 18, 2017
I would pull reports every day on our Trucking industry and see which clients were over 90 days in payments make calls and send letters out to collect payment.
Pros
environment
Cons
Lack of work
Very physical job that requires speed and stamina
Helper/Loader/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2017
Summer heat made it very difficult to stay Hydrated. You have to fast loading over one thousand tires a day all different shapes and sizes. Then once loaded a certain amount then stacked. Repeating this process until all the tires are loaded into the trailer at this stop. Then off to the next.
Pros
Daily overtime
Cons
Very physical, very hot
Great way to earn money
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2017
Honestly, I enjoyed driving, and would recommend it to anyone who isn't a home body and needs money in a hurry. However, It does have it's downfalls.
Pros
fast money, decent benefits, decent wage, get to see the country at the comapnies expense.
Cons
Rarely home (if you/'re otr), some DM's are shady and dirty in their dealings, rough hours.
Company out of business
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Peyton, COMay 12, 2017
Good job. Lots to do very independently. Owner not very nice and hard to be around. Location very hard to get to. Company no longer around. No sense in an overview.
Pros
Cons
Very hostile environment
grwat place to be employed
cinco g (Former Employee) –  Cleveland okDecember 19, 2016
Cinco is a great company to work for service is amazing great people to be employed by loved working with the customers everyone e is so cheerful aswell
Pros
very easy goung company
Cons
no cons
Productive ongoing assignments
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2016
ongoing traveling , load and unload truck , different assignments everyday team worker , very busy work days , getting to see the world
Pros
traveling
Cons
waiting on loads
Per Diem
Consultant - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 25, 2014
It was a good experience learning a new industry, but at this time my services are no longer needed and I am looking for a new opportunity.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
I knew it would come to an end, services wouldn't be required
stress free
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2014
All was required of you is to do what was ask of you and the boss would not ask you to do anything he wouldn't do
An exciting learning experience. An enjoyable working enviroment
Whitehead's Trucking (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 29, 2014
I started my day at work with making phone calls to set up appointments for scheduling freight. I collected and typed information provided from customers into the computer system. I learned about the different types of freights. I found out why it is important for the driver to get to it destination in a safe and timely manner. I enjoyed communicating with the truckers and the vendors.
Pros
I was able to eat and drink coffee at my desk.
Cons
No breaks, short hours
Truck Company Review
Receptionist / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waitts Lake, WAJune 21, 2014
A day at the Trucking Company would be pretty stressful ant points, I had to learn to keep my calm and not pull my hair out a little. There would so many calls and you had to balance them out, not wanting to lose a customer or make them mad, you also could not get distracted by any noise in the background or anything. You had to stay focused completely on the Customers waiting and what was the immediate downfalls and upbringings for themselves, because the customer is always first, you have to want to help them, you cant not care about them in that side of the field, or any other. I learned that in some cases you have to be independent you cant have someone just watching you all the time, you have to step up and take responsibility because what you don't do cannot be pinned on someone else it;s you, in our management case it was you who controlled yourself, the more calls you answered and had ended successfully the better, however if you slacked off, even a little that didn't help. In that case you were the one who decided if your work load was huge or small that day, if you made exceptional or okay progress that shift. My co-workers were very supportive from the beginning, they helped e out on my first day, and they joked around in a goodnatured way, while still taking care of business. Some were icy and cold, but eventually they opened up to me about why they did what they did because I would not let them treat me that way, when they were icy and cold i would treat them nice and warm, and eventually they let it go. Overall our environment was inviting and kind. The hardest  more... part of the job was knowing that you may be losing customers, you may be doing less than what you could have done, whenever I saw that a line was empty I would just feel a little sad because of the fact that had I switched over to them for a while i would have been able to get one more customer, it may not sound like a lot but I think that one more can set you apart from okay to great. The best part of the job was going home and being able to feel great that I did a good day of work and knowing that I fully earned my pay check.  less
Pros
Great Envoironment, SocialJob and Free Lunch
Cons
Very Short Breaks and Huge Rush Loads at Points
A Day On The Job
Mustang Expediting (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJuly 1, 2013
A Typical day for me is waking up at 5am before the sun preparing myself for a long days of hard work. Like many i would have to train myself to be a morning person so i would drink my coffee and keep a smile. Enter my work place greet my co workers and being the day we would talk the whole drive to a job site or drop off. Me being so into the conversation would make me work harder i wouldnt be so drozy i stayed focus and got the job done in no time so the customers where happy so where we
Pros
free afthernoon
Cons
never know when you work, long days all day.
A day @ Ellerbee trucking
Office Administrator/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 1, 2012
Enjoyed working with everyone and I never had to guess about or wonder about job security and wonder what I'm suppose to be doing next. With everyone knowing there place and what the job consisted of, it allowed for the company to run very effectively.
Pros
management and co-workers
Cons
company moved