TRUE FOOD KITCHEN Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Awful kitchen. Childish drunk head cook. Weak management. 4 tables at most so you work 8 hours to maybe make a hundred dollars with two hours of side work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours little money
Working at true food
Server (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 7, 2018
The culture is great. We all work together for guest satisfaction. The food is amazing, and we cater to special dietary needs that people may have.Once guests experience our restaurant they always come back with friends .
Pros
The best coworkers you could ask for.
Cons
only a 35%discount and extreemly rude managers
Negative work enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I have never had a job where I have been so disrespected in my life. One can expect the magers to treat you like trash, talk down do you, and very well bring you down in every possible way. One simply cannot do something right, your always in the wrong no matter what. A huge factor in mangment is blame, theyre always looking to pount fingers. Also expect them to talk to you in the most condescending rude tones. None of the mangers are ever on the same page and all expect diffrent things from you, so no matter what you cant please anyone.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short hours, no tips
Good Place to Work
LEAD COORDINATOR/HOST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2018
It was a good place to work. Employees got along well. management overall was good, but sometimes forgot about their staff and their needs. Pay rate was competitive.
Pros
busy and steady
Cons
not offer a good discount on food only 35%
Great emloyees and a great work environment
Busser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
I really love working at true food and i think that I really gained a bunch of experience from working here. I met so many people and gained so much experience when it comes to customer service and a good work ethic.
Pros
Good hours, nice people and good food.
Cons
Some management issues.
A quick-paced healthy food spot
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 26, 2017
A day began with getting rid of dishes to boot. Sweeping the line every hour as well. Cleaning the kitchen in the end. Learned that even with 3 workers, it was a difficult job. Culture was decent, and hardest part of job was working 9 hour shifts sometimes 10 in consecutive order while going to school. Most enjoyable was the friends I made.
Pros
Good food, free meal with shift
Cons
low pay 10.50
Fun place and great enviorment to work in
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 19, 2017
Great place to work and make a little money on the side the staff is friendly hard working and very team oriented. A place where you can get food quick and in a fashionable manner
Good days
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 11, 2017
Loved working at True Food Kitchen
Really nice people
Team work makes dream work
Learned a lot from co-workers
Left because of school, moved to PA
Great experience
A Glimpse of TFK
Server (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 5, 2017
A lot of wholesome people work for this company. It was an unforgettable experience. One must be physically fit to endure, but it was a wonderful team to run with.

The tip out is high, but I accepted it quickly. Sometimes rules seem unclear, but dialogue happens often and efficiently. It's a dynamic company, new, and ever-changing.
Fun atmosphere, but not enough hours
Front Desk Hostess (Current Employee) –  Naples, FL 34108December 5, 2017
I like the people I work with and the hostesses get along very well, but we do not get enough hours. I work constantly but barely get 25 hours a week.
Cons
No healthcare, not enough hours
Over worked and under paid. Stressful work environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2017
True Food Kitchen recently was sold to PF Chang’s and the culture has changed mightily. Hours were cut across the board and management is all new. The turnover rate has increased with very little support from management.
Pros
One free meal per shift
Cons
Inconsistent work hours, and inconsistent work schedule
Amazing culture, but very little room for advancement
Server Trainer/Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2017
Given different circumstances, I could still see myself working there. Sean was a great manager, but fell short in the GM role. If the staff likes and accepts you into the True family, then the work environment is one of the best I've been apart of.
Pros
free food, greart atmosphere, awesome location
Cons
no free parking reserved for employees, money could have been better for the amount of work asked of you
Terrible Management
Nutritionist/Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75225October 25, 2017
management does not care about the employees that run the restaurant. Was also asked to train new employees without compensations, and when going by training guidelines, I was scolded for ordering too much food for the new employee to taste test, although all the food i ordered was on the list of training food. Ridiculous management, use and abuse people who are looking to work work work for MONEY
True Food Kitchen Summary
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 9, 2017
Very True to the brand, culture and food. Learned larger scale volume, which developing less talented cooks into chefs. Most enjoyable part was being able to build the kitchen from ground up and see it go from a blank canvas to a well oiled machine.
Pros
Fast Paced, Growth
Cons
Fast Casual restaurant, Not fine dining
Busy and fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 9, 2017
A typical day was generally very busy but it was also fun and I gained a lot of good experience. The hardest part of the job was not becoming stressed on busy days but management always helped to make sure things ran smoothly.
rude managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
managers are not on your side. like to play favorites and lack of tables in sections sucks. the food is good and the people are even better but they take everything was too seriously.
Pros
cool place
Cons
cheap discount, bad managers, snobby people
It's has its good days and bad days
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2017
It sucks being passed up for a person who is their first job in a kitchen get promoted before somebody with 12 years experience. Asking questions gets you yelled at. They make promises and never come through with them
Pros
Free food high pay rate
Cons
Management yells and cusses at you
Really great work culture, fun enviornment
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2017
General manager is outstanding, the rest of management needs a little work. It's a new establishing business . The work environment is very comforting and welcoming.
Pros
35% discounts, alot of health knowledge
Cons
Over schedule
Productive, fun, and challenging work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
Although I always planned on going into medicine after my undergraduate education, True Food Kitchen taught me invaluable skills when it came to problem-solving, professionalism, quality service, and dedication. If I did not move to New York to go to medical school I swear I would have stayed with the company forever.
True food
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Lenox, GASeptember 5, 2017
True food is an ok place to work although they only hire pretty women and the food is only discounted 35 percent even though the menu is expensive. The managers arent very nice, some racism and sexism is definitely in place, they are also good at picking favorites and trying to get you back for not doing what they want.
Cons
No breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRUE FOOD KITCHEN. Our community is ready to answer.