About The Company:
True Goods is a socially responsible ecommerce start-up focused on selling only safe/non-toxic, highly curated products across the spectrum of home and personal goods, with a focus on meeting the needs of savvy consumers in today’s growing health and eco-conscious marketplace. Our mission is to provide the best of the best all in one place – from safe products to compelling and educational editorial to assessment and sharing tools, all of which make True Goods the ultimate healthy lifestyle online shopping experience. The company has been in rapid development since early 2013 and is poised for launch. We are thrilled and honored to be part of the dynamic start-up community in Colorado and proud of the relationships we are building locally with community stakeholders, designers, vendors, investors, and LOHAS thought and business leaders. We are looking for motivated, socially conscious, and collaboratively driven candidates to join our team and help launch this forward-thinking company into the ecommerce marketplace. This is a tremendous opportunity to do great work for a great company while gaining invaluable and truly unparalleled work experience.
Ecommerce Startup Internship Description:
True Goods is looking for excited, passionate and hard-working interns for our Ecommerce Startup Internship Program! We will be bringing in a group of students across all parts of the business to gain experience in our fast-paced socially responsible and quality curated e-commerce organization to join our close-knit team of start-up professionals. Our creative team is currently looking for a talented Digital/Graphic Design intern who is ideally working toward a degree in graphic or web design. The internship will provide hands-on exposure to the world of design for online media and commerce, offering a solid foundation for those looking to pursue a career in the digital and graphic arts. You will be part of a small team of seasoned startup professionals and learn the ins and outs of our business. You will also be a key member of both the creative and content/product marketing teams, working directly with the CEO/Design Director while presenting projects for creative review and receiving feedback accordingly. Our intern will leave True Goods with a solid knowledge of the ecommerce startup world and related financing, product selection, marketing, design and sales initiatives. S/he will push their creative process and gain experience in typographic layout, concepting, web design and marketing campaigns.
Intern will be performing the following tasks:
- Assist digital/design team in execution of online promotions, photo galleries, and day-to-day site maintenance
- Acquire and design multimedia content for blogs, online library, social media posts, newsletters, etc.
- Design infographics using Piktochart for use across the site and various social media/marketing channels
- Work with site design team on layouts, typography, design elements, etc.
- Provide creative content for producing badges, marketing assets, and promotions
- Typographic and graphic research for seasonal event projects, etc.
- Work with Design and Marketing/Product Directors to organize digital files on server, including logos, fonts, images, etc.
- Participate on weekly team meetings/calls
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite is essential
- Comfort and proficiency with CS5 Photoshop is required (Illustrator a bonus)
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Good people skills and the desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with an eye for savvy messaging and quality design
- Healthy addiction to the Internet and current cultural trends a must
- A strong interest and familiarity with safe/non-toxic, eco-conscious products and healthy living/lifestyle factors a huge bonus
- Innovative, self-motivated, socially-conscious, collaboratively driven team player
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to enhance our design strategies
- Ability to relate design strategies to an identified target market
- Ability to contribute individually, as well as work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
The Fine Print:
All internships are either paid or for academic credit, and will provide qualified students and adults with relevant professional skills in various areas related to startups, ecommerce, environmental health, social responsibility, retail product management, online editorial, and marketing/communications. Please submit cover letter and resume via email.
- If seeking for-credit positions, candidates should be enrolled in an accredited school and be able to provide proof of school credit for the internship. It is the applicant’s responsibility to set up the internship with their school.
- Prefer candidates with a major in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media Design, or equivalent, looking to learn and gain experience in the field.
- Must be able to complete the internship from mid-May/June to mid-August/September
- Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours per week
- Portfolio and/or URLs of active work must be presented
True Goods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.