About The Company:
True Goods is a socially responsible ecommerce start-up focused on selling only safe/non-toxic, highly curated products across the spectrum of home and personal goods, with a focus on meeting the needs of savvy consumers in today’s growing health and eco-conscious marketplace. Our mission is to provide the best of the best all in one place – from safe products to compelling and educational editorial to assessment and sharing tools, all of which make True Goods the ultimate healthy lifestyle online shopping experience. The company has been in rapid development since early 2013 and is poised for launch. We are thrilled and honored to be part of the dynamic start-up community in Colorado and proud of the relationships we are building locally with community stakeholders, designers, vendors, investors, and LOHAS thought and business leaders. We are looking for motivated, socially conscious, and collaboratively driven candidates to join our team and help launch this forward-thinking company into the ecommerce marketplace. This is a tremendous opportunity to do great work for a great company while gaining invaluable and truly unparalleled work experience.
Ecommerce Startup Internship Description:
True Goods is looking for excited, passionate and hard-working interns for our Ecommerce Startup Internship Program! We will be bringing in a group of students across all parts of the business to gain experience in our fast-paced socially responsible and quality curated e-commerce organization. The Retail Buyer/Product Management internship will provide hands-on exposure to the world of online retail, product sourcing, and merchandise management, offering a solid foundation for those looking to pursue a career in ecommerce or a related field. Interns will be part of a small team of seasoned startup professionals and learn the ins and outs of our business. Candidates will assist with our online retail product selection and management efforts and learn how to make strategic purchasing and product management decisions for optimal impact in the ecommerce world. Interns will be key members of the retail buying and product marketing/management team and assist in driving the True Goods product plan. They’ll report directly to the CEO and Marketing & Product Development Director and will receive a great introduction to the role of product manager in a fast paced agile environment. Candidates will be assigned specific projects and will execute on defined deliverables and milestones, as well as interface with many functions throughout the company to gain a broader understanding of the business as a whole.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Work with internal team, vendor partners, and key stakeholders to define product criteria and source products
- Partner with tech and ops teams to deliver the required product and category information for online store
- Assist product marketing on new sales tools, including apps, infographics, and presentations
- Support the sales and channel partners to increase their effectiveness
- Participate on weekly team meetings/calls
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Interest in safe, eco-conscious products and healthy living/lifestyle factors
- Analytical, self-motivated, socially-conscious, collaboratively driven team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong content editing skills
- Have an eye for quality and design
- Ability to develop a detailed and strategic product selection plan
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to enhance our product portfolio
- Ability to relate product selection criteria to an identified target market
- Ability to contribute individually, as well as participate in cross-functional collaborative teams
The Fine Print:
All internships are either paid or for academic credit, and will provide qualified students and adults with relevant professional skills in various areas related to startups, ecommerce, environmental health, social responsibility, retail product management, online editorial, and marketing/communications. Please submit cover letter and resume via email.
- If seeking for-credit positions, candidates should be enrolled in an accredited school and be able to provide proof of school credit for the internship. It is the applicant’s responsibility to set up the internship with their school.
- Prefer candidates with a major in Retail Operations, Business, Product Development, Marketing, or equivalent, looking to learn and gain experience in the field.
- Must be able to complete the internship from mid-May/June to mid-August/September
- Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours per week
True Goods, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.