true north

true north Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee), Boardman, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pros: love the customers
I like working at True North because the customers are very friendly. I worked night shifts, so it was easy for me to get my work done and to assist customers. I would say the toughest part working there are my co workers. They were very lazy
Good place for a good role
Program Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Worked in southern CA, a little far from home, and stayed 2 weeks at a time to control expenses. A contract role, which ended early. Nice plase to be, nice weather a lot of the time.
Very productive and busy environment
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee), Valley View,OHJanuary 21, 2015
Work is just any other day sometimes good and bad. Learn how to stay calm and patient. Supervisor very nice but still direct. My co-workers are fun to work with helps time fly. Having a displease customer is the hardest part of the job but also making a customer happy is what I enjoy the most.
Laborer, carpenter (Former Employee), Dennis, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: seasonal
Varied days and never boring. Great management. Unfortunately it is seasonal.
Good Job
Debris Monitor (Former Employee), Cross, SCAugust 25, 2014
We would get sent to a specific location and we were to find trees damaged by the ice storm of 2014 and have the tree companies cut the GPS locked trees down.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Independence, OHJuly 15, 2014
I've gain more experience with handling money, I able to talk to customers and show my people skolls
True north is a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (part-time) (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work I would help customers with their purchases and give the grade A customer service. I would often count large amounts of money at the end of the day and I was also responsible for making drops at the bank. I learned to become more self motivated at this job. My fellow co-workers we also very motivating and hardworking. Doing the paper work at the end of the day was hard at first but as I completed the work day by day it became easy. What I enjoyed about this job the most was interacting with the customers and helping them find what they needed.
Fun, learning environment.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 15, 2014
My employment experience with this company was awesome. I developed relationships, and had new learning experiences.
Friendly environment, co-workers easy to get along with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Warren, OHMarch 27, 2014
I would wait on customers as well as help the customers that needed help. I learned how to run a cash register and deal with ignorant customers. One of the managers I did not get along with. Dealing with the customers who weren't satisfied was the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of my job was waiting on my regular customers who would talk to me and make me smile and laugh, it made my day go by easier.
Monitor (Former Employee), Ruffin, SCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: being responsible and in control of my decisisons.
Areived at 6:30 in the morning and got off at 7:00. Learned the importance of what an emergency was about. The co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was givimg the best percentage of every truck load. The enjoyable part was meeting new people.
snow plow
Snow plow operator (Former Employee), Buffalo, MNDecember 10, 2013
lots of work, but fun long hours worked only seasonal as a plow operator
Progressive place where you can advanced by your skills.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2013
Pros: no set hours
Cons: periods of slow work
Counting Inventory where you can work with others instead of alone which makes the day go by a lot faster.
Good Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fremont, MIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Was a good workplace, we took our job very seriously though. As I do with everything
nice place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), Warren, OHJune 8, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: got robbed a lot.
running register, I learned to be patient with rude people. Management was very nice and the staff was nice. A lot of dealing with rude customers.I enjoyed working late nights, was very quiet.
overall nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), youngstown, ohioJune 6, 2013
enjoyed co-workers and customers. work was alright too. management was awesome
a great place to work
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Salem, OHApril 22, 2013
Pros: my bosses, healthcare, working with the public
Cons: no breaks
I quickly learned the management side of the business, from hiring/firing/training personnel to inventory to making sure customers were happy. The hardest part of the job was when the gas prices were raised an the most enjoyable part was when they started coming back down again. I really enjoyed working with the general public and also the management portion of this job.
ok job
Inspecter (Former Employee), Rupert, WVFebruary 19, 2013
I would inspect stitching and would run the leather press machine nd glue foam together.
over all a good company to work for and be a part of
Store Manager to Clerk (Former Employee), youngstownFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: constantly busy, .50 cup of coffee or soda while working
Cons: no breaks at all, insurance was minimal
I started with the company as manager- then assistant manager then clerk they did work with me due to mother's illness less stress so I stepped down gradually however the older managers took advantage also I knew how to do it so they let me. My store manager was great. coworkers the same (some did less than others). The hardest part of the job was leaving but I needed to move back home for myself and the customers were the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. You could easily befriend each and everyone of them.