true north Employee Reviews

Fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHAugust 30, 2015
Managers are good. I learned how to be a constructive assistant manager. Balance time. Dealing with all kinds of different customers and their needs. Hardest part of the job is you are non stop. Orders, customers, stocking, paperwork, money handling, etc. Co workers are fun. Most are young staff. Most enjoyable is being around different customers and having fun with them. They make the job wonderful!
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay for the work you put in
Slow and immature work environment
Customer Service Lead (Trainer Certified) (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 28, 2015
For the work we perform the company does not pay well enough, but great job for a college kid returning home for the summer or winter break. Not a great job for those with kids and things to take care of.
n/a
Monitor Worker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 28, 2015
work wit a typical day at work was you had to meet up around 5 a.m to get your supplies for the day. meet up with the truck you was suppose to monitor for the day. must sure everybody was on the same page of where will was suppose to cut tree that day. my co worker was the best and we got along very well. the most enjoyable part was its wasn't miro management
Fun place to work get to go out an about and the pay is swell.
Crew Monitor (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 23, 2015
A typical work day consist of early morning meeting on what the asingments are going to be for the day . Then we are asinged everything we need for the day then our day begins .Being a monitor I learn how communicate and get along with people better. My coworkers make the job enjoyable, but the hardest part of the job is the long hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 22, 2015
I like working at True North because the customers are very friendly. I worked night shifts, so it was easy for me to get my work done and to assist customers. I would say the toughest part working there are my co workers. They were very lazy
Pros
love the customers
Good place for a good role
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Worked in southern CA, a little far from home, and stayed 2 weeks at a time to control expenses. A contract role, which ended early. Nice plase to be, nice weather a lot of the time.
Very productive and busy environment
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley View,OHJanuary 21, 2015
Work is just any other day sometimes good and bad. Learn how to stay calm and patient. Supervisor very nice but still direct. My co-workers are fun to work with helps time fly. Having a displease customer is the hardest part of the job but also making a customer happy is what I enjoy the most.
Laborer, carpenter (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Varied days and never boring. Great management. Unfortunately it is seasonal.
Pros
fun job
Cons
seasonal
Good Job
Debris Monitor (Former Employee) –  Cross, SCAugust 25, 2014
We would get sent to a specific location and we were to find trees damaged by the ice storm of 2014 and have the tree companies cut the GPS locked trees down.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 15, 2014
I've gain more experience with handling money, I able to talk to customers and show my people skolls
True north is a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work I would help customers with their purchases and give the grade A customer service. I would often count large amounts of money at the end of the day and I was also responsible for making drops at the bank. I learned to become more self motivated at this job. My fellow co-workers we also very motivating and hardworking. Doing the paper work at the end of the day was hard at first but as I completed the work day by day it became easy. What I enjoyed about this job the most was interacting with the customers and helping them find what they needed.
Fun, learning environment.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 15, 2014
My employment experience with this company was awesome. I developed relationships, and had new learning experiences.
Friendly environment, co-workers easy to get along with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 27, 2014
I would wait on customers as well as help the customers that needed help. I learned how to run a cash register and deal with ignorant customers. One of the managers I did not get along with. Dealing with the customers who weren't satisfied was the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of my job was waiting on my regular customers who would talk to me and make me smile and laugh, it made my day go by easier.
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Ruffin, SCMarch 5, 2014
Areived at 6:30 in the morning and got off at 7:00. Learned the importance of what an emergency was about. The co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was givimg the best percentage of every truck load. The enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
being responsible and in control of my decisisons.
snow plow
Snow plow operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNDecember 10, 2013
lots of work, but fun long hours worked only seasonal as a plow operator
Progressive place where you can advanced by your skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2013
Counting Inventory where you can work with others instead of alone which makes the day go by a lot faster.
Pros
no set hours
Cons
periods of slow work
Good Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIOctober 24, 2013
Was a good workplace, we took our job very seriously though. As I do with everything
Pros
free lunch
nice place to work
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 8, 2013
running register, I learned to be patient with rude people. Management was very nice and the staff was nice. A lot of dealing with rude customers.I enjoyed working late nights, was very quiet.
Pros
good people
Cons
got robbed a lot.
overall nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  youngstown, ohioJune 6, 2013
enjoyed co-workers and customers. work was alright too. management was awesome
a great place to work
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 22, 2013
I quickly learned the management side of the business, from hiring/firing/training personnel to inventory to making sure customers were happy. The hardest part of the job was when the gas prices were raised an the most enjoyable part was when they started coming back down again. I really enjoyed working with the general public and also the management portion of this job.
Pros
my bosses, healthcare, working with the public
Cons
no breaks