True Religion Brand Jeans Employee Reviews

I would not recommend anyone working for True Religion
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2013
A typical day at work is usually just engaging with the customers. Most if not all customers that shop at True Religion are really fun to talk to and joke around with. On a slow day the managers expect you to task. Mainly folding jeans all day and censoring new merchandise. Unless you are a tasker and like to keep tyourselves busy on a slow day, then this job is not for you.
What I learned is that basically a sales associate's complaints will go ignored. A sales associate is nothing more than a civilian to a supervisor. They tell you your opinions matter, but in actuality it doesn't. I have complained about a certain manager's unethical and unprofessional ways of dealing with her emotional outbursts by being verbally abusive to her sales associates, more than once. But my complaints have fell on deaf ears.The managers treat the sales associates with the attitude of dealing with a high school juvenile. It doesn't matter if you are 25 or 30. In their eyes you are lower than them so expect to be treated like you are stupid.
The only upside from my experience is the coworkers. I have met truly nice and genuine coworkers while working their.
The hardest part of the job is dealing within close quarters (especially if you work at a small, boutique type True Religion store) with certain clashing personalities. Since the shifts are mostly just one manager and sales associate per shift, you really need to try to get along with some managers you don't see eye to eye with. It will be hard on some but as long as the manager is a professional and knows how to deal with the situation without
  more... resorting to yelling and crying on the sales floor , then I think that manager is a god send. Also building a clientele is like pulling teeth at this company. Since you are only selling upscale jeans, most people will not take you too seriously when you ask them to give you their personal information. Oh yeah, and the higher ups expect you to have no life outside of True Religion. If you want hours then expect to have no social life. If you have a second job or are going to school, then you are basically hired but won't really be working at the store you were hired at. You will basically be on-call or seasonal depending on how busy the store that hired you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is selling. Especially if you have a customer who wants to buy 5 plus items. Also reaching your personal sales goal is nice too.
Pros
the discount, nice co-workers
Cons
managerial politics, no advancement and no life except working at true religion
They are no GUESS
acting store manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Being a fairly young company they still have a lot of old systems in place that make you wonder if they have their stuff together at all. I was excited to know that the ex ceo from Guess took over as director of stores so maybe there is still hope for them. Despite communicating thorugh several emails they dont do anything about yur concerns or store specific issues. For example I kept complaining about lockers being in the rest room as it was a loss prevention issue, but was ignored for 6 months until I caught some internal theft after doing a locker check they removed them the next day. Which was frustrating because this could ve been prevented by simply removing them when i first brought up the issue. They have no common sense as they send you all their shipment in one day not caring that the 50+boxes they sent you are a fire hazard and safety issue. They do this the day before floor set and do not give you the hours to process them. Our store was top-tier and still had to do this with minimal coverage. Replenishment process is not tied into what you need but started getting slightly better as they implented a charge send program. The District Manager for Texas area is quite inept and not suited for her position as she is not familiar with the programs that managers are to use for their daily operations . She uses the store managers to do her job for her, i know delegation is key to success but having 3 assistants while only overseeing 10 stores is pretty ridiculous. The turnover is high because if she doesn't deem you as one of her lackies she harrasses you until she pushes  more... you out. HR has received several complaints but ignores to do anything about it. I'm sure not all DMs are like her at least i hope not, but if in the TX area i strongly recommend you dont apply as it will suck the life out of you and turn off even the most passionate work-aholic like myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling and customer relations. They have a good commission incentive and clientele program. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the DM who in her right can be as ingenuine as she wants  less
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHMay 14, 2015
I am currently a part-time Sales Associate at True Religion Brand Jeans, and I love it! No day is the same. We are constantly attracting new customers curious about our brand name, and as to why our denim is among the best denim to have. If management recognizes you as an amazing sales person, then you will be compensated accordingly. I was brought on as the highest paid sales associate in store, and I still qualify for raises. Also, you get paid weekly, and you receive cash bonuses, $100, every time you make plan or the month. Hours are great, i receive the max, 32 hours, but I do have re-occurring weeks where I have 36+, but you have to be one of the best if your want to keep the 30 hours or more. Management is always there to answer any questions you have, and help you with anything you need, such as requesting time off and working around your schedule, as long as you are communicating with them. Most friendly management staff ever! Lies on the line of your friend whom you can say anything to, but have to remember, they're still your manager. There's nothing hard about working for the company, except when you are selling to picky customers, and when you have shoplifters in the store, but your team is there to assist when that happens. You will enjoy the relationships you create with both the customers and your co-workers. I've learned a great many selling techniques, have acquired a great deal of retail knowledge, jargon, and am already seen as a leader among my co-workers. As long as you are hard-working, and can adapt to a constantly changing environment, then  more... you'll have nothing to worry about. I've only been with the company for less than a year, and it feels like I've been with them for ages with how much I've experienced with them. Long story short, an awesome company to work for.  less
Pros
paid accordingly, hours, co-workers, amazing management staff
Cons
difficult customers, theft, prone to attract employees that are no-shows
An ever-changing and exceptional company
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
I am a current Assistant Manager in NYC - I have been with the company just over two years and have sincerely enjoyed my experience, more-so than my previous companies (Lucky Brand Jeans, Madewell, and Zara.) True Religion is still developing and it's amazing to be a part of that experience. One the best parts of the company in my opinion are the people that I am surrounded with on a daily basis, as well as the corporate employees - The people in this company are truly inspiring, and the corporate culture is warm and encourages growth, nurturance, and advancement. As in all retail jobs it can be high-stress, but that just comes with the territory! The clients can be one of the best parts of the job - Especially being in the NYC market and dealing with tourists and locals alike, it never gets old! The company has a commission structure which is a nice cherry-on-top every month. Depending on the sweat and passion you put into your day to day work, the ability to advance is available. If there were a prominently recognizable con it would be the fluctuation of our product and identifying 'our customer' - One day at a time, we are getting closer to really solidifying our brand identity, so though the process may be challenging at times, the end result will be worth it. Loss prevention is an issue in all True Religion locations that is a daily struggle - Our brand is targeted by BOLO'ers, fake CC and cash scammers, etc, etc. The company provides you the proper training to deal with this, but if LP makes you anxious this may not be the company for you. All in all though - and in all  more... honesty - I wouldn't wish to be at any other brand at the moment!  less
Pros
Commission structure, corporate environment, people, potential for advancement and growth, development
Cons
Loss prevention, finding footing in the competitive denim marketplace
True Religion Brand Jeans
eCommerce Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
THE TRUE STORY: THE STITCH THAT STARTED IT ALL

In 2002, True Religion emerged onto the Los Angeles denim scene by blowing up the construction of the classic five-pocket jean. Industry-standard sewing machines couldn't handle our designs, so we broke them apart and rebuilt them to produce our one-of-a-kind vision. With its five-needle thread at two-stitch-per-inch process, our Super T stitch was instantly recognized for style that was unlike any other denim brand in the world.

True Religion's designs soon caught the attention of the world's most iconic style leaders, and demand for our denim grew rapidly. Everything from there on out was committed to be bigger, better, and bolder than the rest.

As our stitching evolved, True Religion became synonymous with quality craftsmanship and bold style designed to stand out. Our specialty denim fits, washes & treatments, were all designed with amplified details to grab attention at every turn. Our iconic horseshoe was born from the silhouette of a Buddha's smile, and our hardware was inspired by the romance of denim's 140-year history. We have always been fashion forward, even from behind.

Our styles inherit the swagger of their given name. The Joey. The Ricky. The Halle. However, it's the Fearless Style Leaders who rock True Religion with a Be So Bold attitude that ignite the world with bold statements of creative self-expression. We became famous because we were like no one before us, and what began with a stitch now leads to a future of innovative fashion designed by the fearless, for the fearless.
Inconsistent Management and Riddled with Policy Violations
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GADecember 9, 2014
I worked for the organisation for 5 yrs. I started out as a Key Holder and worked my way to Store Manager. I can say that there was no typical day at work. Which was a great thing. I had to the opportunity of working in two different markets, South Beach and Atlanta, and grew with the company. Within this time frame, I witnessed a drastic change in the organisation. The organisation moved far from its focus on People and Product, to focusing purely on Profit. This eventually led to high turn in management and sales associates. Additionally, the company failed to properly investigate claims made about senior management violating company HR policies as well as Federal EEOC policies. The hardest part of this job was partnering with my former DM to be successful. In general, company support of local initiatives was severely lacking. Also, the work-life balance was lacking and almost non-existent.
Nevertheless, the most enjoyable part of my job with the company were the lifelong relationships that were built. To this day, I am very close to my first SM, ASM and DM. They are mentors and have molded me to be the professional that I am today. If asked, I would gladly work with them again.
Pros
relationships build, product, company retreats, benefits
Cons
inability to take pto, no relo package, lack of senior management support
New ownership has been productive with bringing the employees together to celebrate various holidays.
Senior Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 7, 2014
A typical day at TRBJ for me is checking and answering my emails from sales, management and customers. Running reports to check availability of product to ensure my orders are filled. Working with the credit team to resolve possible credit issues with my accounts, to ensure the orders are released and shipped in a timely manner. Pull and Process EDI Orders for my .com accounts. Processing and auditing sales orders. Working with the allocation and shipping team on product picking and shipping. Running various reports throughout the day.

I have a wonderful bond with my colleagues. The most difficult part of the job would be going to work daily and knowing there is no room for growth within the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to get recognition from my customers and sales reps about what a great job I do. I enjoy working with and resolving any all issues that are presented to me.
Pros
the great things about the company is that we receive a holiday bonus yearly, we accumulate vacation time weekly, we have a ping pong table, we have a nice lunch room with a t.v., we have great holiday parties.
Cons
there is no room for growth within the company.
Good energy and team but flaws
Sales Associate / Floor Setter / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TexasFebruary 14, 2013
I come to work, and that's what I do. A typical day to me is having to have met my expectations whether they are reachable or not considering my terrible scheduling.. But what I have learned is that it is retail, and my first retail job at that. The Brand in it self is great, to me they mean a good premium american brand to me that is supported by a mass following of denim-heads.
Co-workers I work with are great, the 80% of them that is. I'm upset with some of the managing and how they act towards the Co-workers doing the real work vs. them being uptight and so power hungry.
The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with some of the Managers which is not only me because there are multiple employees quitting because of them.
The most enjoyment I receive at work is helping others, story of my life. Whether it be to help a customer to find some awesome jeans or an outfit for that night so they can look good to helping one of my coworkers by getting them some food or medicine cause they aren't feeling well, Broad subject for myself.
But I enjoy it, the people, the stories, and the new faces I get to see coming into the location.
Pros
work=$, discounts, it's a job
Cons
few co-workers, rude customers, hours.
Semi-productive yet fun work environment with personable managers.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 25, 2014
A typical day of work at True Religion consisted of regulating incoming and outgoing transfers of shipment. I would process the shipment and either back-stock the product or move it onto the sales floor for replenishment. Most of my time was spent in the stock room processing shipment. I learned how to apply different methods in order to increase my efficiency in the stock room. My co-workers, for the most part, were very friendly. Management seemed a bit unprofessional at times, but that forced us to work with each other even more in order to reach goals. My hardest part of the job was preparing for floor sets. Because my store location is such a low-volume store, there were only a few of us on the stock team. This forced us to have to move faster and more efficiently if we wanted to be successful. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different types of denim and extending my product knowledge.
Pros
flexible managers
Cons
very short breaks, no job security
Great team and fun place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cream Ridge, NJAugust 29, 2013
I start my day by checking e-mails and looking at job site photos. Then calling our site supers and checking on job. Asking if they need any thing from me. ie help with any vendors being late or short materal. Any issues with LL or building deparment.
I start on east coast time. So once my team gets in on the west coast, I check in with them and make sure they are updated. Letting my PC know what I would like her to help with and asking if she needs any thing from me. Making sure I send back all signed paper work back to her and I did not miss any PO's or invoices to sign off on.
The hardest part of my job is going away for a couple weeks at a time. Missing my family.
Most enjoyable is completing a job. Steping back and seeing the store complete. it is a great felling when all our hard work paid off and the store is complete and looking great.

Want to know more about True Religion Brand Jeans?

Ask a question
Growing Company
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 14, 2013
Behind all the neatly folded jeans, there is constant training focused on building the associates as well as the constant upkeep of the products. Working in a small store, I realized that although I was signed on as a Key Holder, I took upon responsibilities of that of an Assistant Manager. In a commission based environment, your individual sales determines your paycheck. Given the increase of responsibilities, it is important to make time to create your sales. The challenge here lies in finding the balance of completing given tasks within a certain time frame, ensuring that your own staff also has the opportunity to sell, all of which is ensuring there is a high morale maintained in the store.
Pros
growing company, great benefits
Cons
commission reliant, too much responsibilities
busy, fast paced and fun environment
Stocking / Customer service (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CADecember 11, 2013
really busy, people always coming in and unfolding as they search through the piles of clothes. I organize the tables by folding the clothes and helping out customers, asking if we can assist in anything and help them shop easier. I have learned throughout effective ways to approach customers, deal with large crowds and organize shelves effectively in a fast pace. M co-workers are talkative as i am usually, very great helpers and a solid team. I would say the hardest part of my job has to be recovering after a massive amount of people have shuffled through the piles of clothes, but working with a fun and energetic team the pace is fast and effective.
Pros
fun environment, good people
Cons
short brakes
Cool jeans and co-workers but company is cheap and difficult to advance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 25, 2015
Cool jeans and ok discount but they limit how much you can use it. Pay is below average for sure but good for the management experience and clienteling exposure. Hardest part of the job was probably the visual changes each month...but only b/c the regional's would make such a big deal about a shirt facing the wrong way or a hanger the wrong direction. lol I mean, ok yes its wrong and so lets fix it, but also please feel free to NOT have a heart attack in my store over the little stuff. Very little offered in training and growth, at least not without a lot of self motivation.
Pros
Get to wear jearns to work
Cons
Pay and scheduling
Used to be awesome, now an endless plateau
Product Developer/Asst Designer (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJune 20, 2014
PROS:
-Design team in general friendly and fun to work with
-Not a long of long hour days
-Attempts being made to make a fun work atmosphere
-Floating Holiday, Vacation & Sick pay, Health Care, 401K

CONS:
-NO MONEY OR OPPORTUNITY TO GROW. When in hiring process they literally ask what the lowest amount of pay you would take is. Takes ages to fill a position since most people walk away from low money alone.
-Everyone senior up is rude and doesn't encourage growth or opportunity
-Higher-ups are a clique
-HR is non-existant
-No promotions in design. EVER. Plenty in other departments except design
Productive work environment and very exciting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TxAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work is nice when business is flowing well and we have a store full of customers to work with. I have learned a lot about why the jeans we sell are so expensive, and also the amount of hard work that goes into each pair. The management staff are very knowledgeable and informative of all products. All of my co-workers are very nice,respectful, and easy to work with. There is not really anything difficult about working at True Religion. The most enjoyable part is explaining to customers the value of each pair of jeans.
Pros
Discounts and Free items from company contest
Cons
N/A
A Day at my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North GeorgiaMay 19, 2015
I was at the cash register most of my day unless I opened it was a very high volume store. I learned a lot about the product while I was working there. The management team was like a bunch of friends it wasn't really management like with in the store they picked and choose when they wanted to be manager and when they wanted to be friends and the co-workers on the other hand was very nice and helpful. the hardest part about my job was working with the management team they was not as professional as they could have been.The most enjoyable part was working with new people and the scheduling.
Pros
Cons
scheduling
An Wonderful Place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 25, 2015
Everyday it was something new, your always busy. Never Bored (Unless your in the front greeting). I learn the different types of jeans and the names of each pair. they taught me how to do add-on to sales. Also, learn how to be an wonderful cashier. The Mangers our wonderful, very fun, energetic and always complimenting us when we do good. my co-workers are amazing. The hardest part about this job is trying to keep the customers on an positive mood. we never want them to leave unhappy.The most enjoyable part of this job is being there
Pros
great lunch breaks, great people
Great work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 30, 2014
Fast paced job all day long, and very educational. I owe most of my expertise in Customer Service to True Religion, it was my second home for eight years. Management was very professional and strict, but very accessible to my co-workers and I. My co-workers were excellent, we made a great team. I still communicate very often with most of them. There wasn't anything hard about the job, it was a great experience. What I enjoyed most about the job was the friendly environment.
Pros
frequent free lunches, long lunch breaks, health care, and payed holiday early dismisals
Cons
commute
Fun and Energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2015
I started out working in the Outlet True Religion store in Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise, Florida. When my store manager got promoted to the retail store in Aventura she asked if I would come with her. There I got a raise and commission. Everyone there was very fun, we always had contests and events to keep us motivated in selling. It is a very fun company but sales started decreasing and they started cutting hours the last few months I was there so I decided to stay with my other job
Pros
Fun people, exciting environment
Cons
No benefits, very hard to move up in the company
Great Environment
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 14, 2015
This by far has been one of the best company I have been able to work with. I love the environment of the work place. I love coming to work knowing that all of my coworkers are like family and that we all truly and genuinely get along. I have learned so much from working here, as far as visual merchandising, payroll, scheduling, lost prevention, clientele, improving my customer service skills on a daily basis. Supervising the sales floor, making sure everything is running smoothly, supervising 5 to 10 associates on a daily basis. i love coming into work.