Virtual Lead Generation Representative
As our business is going through the roof, we are looking for three people who are currently doing lead generation in a high tech environment. Working in close partnership with our clients you will be:
- Calling into target Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Profiling the account
- Perform preliminary qualification
- Give a quick elevator pitch about the product/solution
- Close the opportunity by arranging a meeting with an Account Executive.
Typical projects you will be working on is calling into CIO tasked teams that are exploring a private cloud option based on open source, or maybe it is introducing the company to a commercial version of MySQL. We represent disruptive technologies going to market and selling to the enterprise such as Cloud, Social Media, Security, Database, Large Data, etc.
There are two important things to know about this position.
1. This is a contract, 1099 position. Average hourly rate is $20 per hour plus incentives.
2. This is a virtual role. You will be working from home, with your own equipment and telephone line.
Experience and skills necessary to do this job:
- Motivation. This is probably the number one requirement. As you will be working virtually, YOU are responsible for making 50 calls per day and 25 personalized emails. No one will be there looking over your shoulder counting the number of calls. Of course, there will be a network of co-workers for support, but you will put more pressure on yourself to be successful than we could ever put on you.
- Great Communicator. We find the really successful people in our business have a very comfortable presence over the telephone. You must be able to convey your message quickly and succinctly. It’s also important that you be able to write an effective, well written email.
- Technical understanding and curiosity. We won’t be asking you to write code, but we will ask you to understand technology from a broad perspective. From open source technology, to virtualization to the cloud and beyond! You don’t need to be a geek. We can teach you what you need to know on a project by project basis, but you need to have the curiosity.
- Sales experience. We typically like to see three or four years of inside sales in a technical environment.
- Salesforce. It would be great if you had experience with Salesforce, but any CRM will work.
- Social Media. It’s a lot more than Facebook. Have you heard of Linkedin? Twitter? Google+? You’re going to need them.
Frequently asked Questions
- I live in Omaha! It doesn’t matter where you live. It matters that you are motivated to build on an opportunity to have true work/life balance.
- I need a certain monthly income to provide for my family. That’s understandable, everyone does. Our compensation plan is designed to be about a 50/50 split between hourly rate and incentives. Your income is not gated and is determined by your effort and results.
- Working virtually sounds great, but I might miss the interaction of co-workers. We are all in the same boat. You will have co-workers, it’s just that they won’t be in the next cube.
- What about growth opportunities? If you like what you are doing, great we will always have work for you. Maybe you would be interested in moving over and working for one of our clients, still virtually. Many of our clients offer that opportunity, even into outside sales. You also can move in to inside sales management depending on your aptitude and interests.
- I am intrigued. What do I do now? Send me an email telling me why you can do this job. If you have a resume great, if not, send me your Linkedin profile.