True Value

True Value Employer Reviews

I had a great time working there.
Roller Packer (Former Employee), Cary, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: i started early and got out early.
Cons: i was a temp.
Everyone was nice and that made it easier for me to get along with the people from there.
True Value
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berea, KyOctober 26, 2014
At True Value it was a great place, I worked through my high school career in the Summer time here. It was an interesting place to be. I learned about swimming pools, how to make keys, and many different tools and parts that we carried in our store. The management team and my coworkers were awesome. I enjoyed being there because it was a happy and upbeat – more... environment. The hardest part was learning all of the tools and parts. – less
This company sucks on all levels.
Material handler (Former Employee), morrow gaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: upper management is rude and so is supervisors....
I worked for them 2 1/2 years and then they up and fired me because of quality which was later found out that it was the companys fault for not training properly. They dont train you for nothing they want you to know like the first week everything that should be known about their warehouse. That is impossible poor management all they care about is getting – more... the product out even if it is rat infested. And yes you read right there are so many rats in that place its nasty luckly i havent been infected with anything because of nastiness. This is a warehouse environment. NASTY!!!!! – less
Productive and family oriented work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Platte City, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: locally owned and operated, competitive pay, benefits
Cons: short-no breaks, last minute schedule changes, late payroll checks
True value is a comfortable place to work. Locally owned and locally shopped, they are always wanting to cross train their employee's so that every one is useful no matter what time of year or day. Load days can be very stressful due to the amount of product that is required to be put away during operation hours. The physical labor portion of the job – more... (ie. loading mulch, concrete and propane) can be demanding escepcially during the busy season (summer, early winter). – less
Productive and time constraints
Order Puller (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 30, 2014
Good work, okay pay.******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Great owner and co-workers
Greenhouse management/Customer Service (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: i was working
Cons: no upward mobility and low paying
It was a full time job that worked with my lifestyle as a family man and it was a source of income. I learned a lot about gardening and plants in many aspects. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker.
nice people small store
sales rep (Former Employee), Elizabeth, COJuly 23, 2014
I liked the work place grate coworkers and vary understanding boss
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Material Handler (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: management, pay
Management is very misleading to their employees. Warehouse is old and has no room which slows down your production. Some of the employees are ok but can do better with other companies. Hours might be ok in the summer but in the winter you barely get any hours whatsoever.
Productive Workplace
Assist customers (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILJune 9, 2014
A typical day at True Value was unloading trucks,checking products in the computer system, and stocking shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with questions.
Great Company
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, incentives program
Cons: horrible management
True Value is a great place to work. I enjoy going in at 3:00am and being able to get off early enough to still enjoy my day. The job is a very fast-paced job with minimum free time. The hardest part of the Job is getting to know the warehouse and its locations. I do love weekly pay.
Inventory Planner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: lunch outing with sales representatives
Cons: career growth and advancement not likely
The company has a nice environment; however opportunity for professional growth was very slim. There was no work-life balance and management did not lead by example.
Good place to work through college
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ozark, ARMay 18, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: family owned, no chance for advancement
True Value is/was a great place to work though college. I gained customer service skills, inventory management, and knowledge in the lumber and building materials as well as general home improvement products.
17 years of upward mobility
Sales and Marketing Director (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 13, 2014
Pros: everything until merger
Cons: mad scramble after merger
Awesome company until merger
Chance to grow and succeed
Great family business until merger
90% travel last 5 years
Merger changed everything
West End Floors
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prescott, AZMay 3, 2014
Pros: self employed
Cons: self employed
It was a great business. Floor covering was a business of mine for 20 years.
STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!! bad place to work, Warehouse
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMay 2, 2014
Pros: none at all!!!!
Cons: lack of communication, trust, faith, and logic in new employees.
Well if you get past the interview, they will tell you that they will help get you up to speed and on to making money. After that they will pare you up with a worker that has been there for a few years or more to teach you the ropes, but not tell you how to do the training? (watch or hands on) And in my case after 3 days there I was pulled into a room – more... with a person that wasn't apart of the area I was to be working in to be told that i'm not picking up speed fast enough to do the job on there (over the top) standards.

Put yourself in my place, if you are new to a job do you think that it would take more than 3 days to get to know a warehouse and its products to do the job right and at a good pace? So they fired me 3 days into the training.

Don't end up like I did , you would be better off looking else ware.
A bad company breeds bad employees, and managers. – less
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee), DeWitt, MIApril 29, 2014
Cons: very short breaks
-Help customers find what they need
-Learned a lot about tools and our merchandise
-Management was pretty good
-Fun co-workers
-Hardest part was trying to learn how to mix paint correctly
-Most enjoyable part was learning something new everyday
Ok expereince, not best management
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Palatine, IllinoisApril 13, 2014
Provided excellent customer service. Attentive to customer needs. Assembled appliances as needed. Restocked and cleaned store to ensure company image was well presented. Bosses didn't always make the best decisions and were harsh to new employees, even excluding myself. It was my first job, which was fun, but it was far from an enjoyable experience.
Fun environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee), Decorah, IAMarch 14, 2014
A lot of people visit Decorah, Ia so there is always someone new and interesting to help out.
Great company
Senior Programmer Business Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work with business groups and with my co-workers.
Cons: only con is no stability in the job.
.Great company and management team. They had a change in direction regarding their mainframe. They decided to replace their mainframe with SQL Server and to eliminate mainframe programmer positions.
.Typical day consisted of working with the business community, managers, and project managers. Write and or work with specifications to create code, test, – more... and implement service request.
.Terrific manager and co-workers. Super team ! I was fortunate to be in the group I was in.
.Most enjoyable parts of my job is to work with the business community, to develop code to assist the business by making their job(s) easier, more efficient, and to eliminate human errors, and to work with my co-workers as a team. – less
A great place to start out or start over
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oakhurst, CAJanuary 24, 2014
A great place to start out or start over. Family owned and operated.

1 2 3

About True Value

True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers – Read more

True Value Photos