True Value

True Value Employee Reviews

Great benefits and good people.
Temporary Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, beautiful location
Cons: None
True Value is a great company to work for, depending on the department. The people are great and they have great benefits.
Retail Consultant
Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Store owners understand value we bring.
Cons: No career development
Visit and work with independent hardware store owners on being the profitable they can be.

Management of True Value is trying to change culture. Accountability thru the ranks and empowerment is non existent and biggest issue on a daily basis.
Great place to work at.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAMay 14, 2015
True value has the hardest workers that i have ever met and that reflected on me and made me a hard worker. Worked there for almost a year and wished they could of let me work part time when i went to school.
A lot of these reviews are useless
Driver (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 11, 2015
Pros: Fair pay, management that will listen
Cons: Early morning starts(such is trucking)
I am a driver in NH. As another driver has pointed out, the new CEO has decided that the delivery service can suffer to try to save a few bucks(savings remain to be seen). Logistics company coming in will probably balk at some of the extras that have been done for the stores to give them excellent service, probably sending stores over to ACE.
Anyway, the reviews that are not for the warehouse or drivers for the dist centers are all about completely different companies/stores with a different owner and management style in every one, Pointless to use review unless it is that exact store (there are about 4000).
Awesome staff to work with...
Sales Associate/Cashier/Paint Stocker (Former Employee), Moab, UTApril 28, 2015
Pros: Awesome environment and people
Cons: Some customers are "difficult"
It was easy to work in this environment. Everyone worked really well together, and I was given the paint section to be in charge of after being there for only a short period of time. The managers there were really nice, and it feels more like working with family than just associates. Would work here again in a heartbeat if I ever lived in Moab again.
Good, friendly place to work.
Yard man (Current Employee), Locust Grove,VaApril 8, 2015
The employees are always quick to help the customers and also are very well mannered. Everyone gets there job done but also has fun as well. Employees get along well with each other and are like a small family.
Kind of a poor ending of a story.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: i made somee good $$ and met some great people on my routes
Cons: dealing with corprate america
I have been a loyal TV employee for over 14 years. There have been some good times. And there have been some bad. I would like to think there have been more good than bad. I have literally put my blood sweat and tears into this job. I have been hurt on the job, I kept working. I have sacrificed much, but I kept working. We as drivers have accommodated to the companies request and conformed to the changes – more... in the trucking industry that have been made not only by the company, but by the government as well. But after all that has happened, the company has now said that their bottom line is not where they want it to be. Our new CEO has made the decision to make sweeping changes throughout the company in order to get the bottom line up, near 3 x where it is now by 2020. So in order to get there, the driver fleet will be changing over to a lease driver program. In other words, we wont be TV employees, we will be employees of the incoming lease company. That is if and only if we/I get hired by the lease company.Hope I don't sound too bitter. – less
temp. job, but nice place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Coloma, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learning different things
Cons: temp. job
met alot of people being cashier.Learned alot of usefull things such as mixing paint and differenet types of hardware. Hardest part of the job was keeping codes for every different kind of nail or screw for cost at register.Enjoyed meeting people and made alot of friends
Great Company to work for.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Berlin, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Co-workers were much fun. Management was very fair. Enjoyed helping the customers with what they wanted. I liked learning about plumbing, hardware and tools.
Great leadership experience
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee), Janesville, WIDecember 8, 2014
I learned a lot of leadership skills, how to do work on small engines how to use all of the rental units
rental repair
Small Engine Mechanic (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYNovember 6, 2014
Good company and good people. Lousy wage. However I did enjoy my position a lot with small equipment repairs and the rental side. I also enjoyed the hands on customer service side of the position.
I had a great time working there.
Roller Packer (Former Employee), Cary, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: i started early and got out early.
Cons: i was a temp.
Everyone was nice and that made it easier for me to get along with the people from there.
True Value
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berea, KyOctober 26, 2014
At True Value it was a great place, I worked through my high school career in the Summer time here. It was an interesting place to be. I learned about swimming pools, how to make keys, and many different tools and parts that we carried in our store. The management team and my coworkers were awesome. I enjoyed being there because it was a happy and upbeat environment. The hardest part was learning all of the tools and parts.
This company sucks on all levels.
Material handler (Former Employee), morrow gaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: upper management is rude and so is supervisors....
I worked for them 2 1/2 years and then they up and fired me because of quality which was later found out that it was the companys fault for not training properly. They dont train you for nothing they want you to know like the first week everything that should be known about their warehouse. That is impossible poor management all they care about is getting the product out even if it is rat infested. And yes you read right there are so many rats in that place its nasty luckly i havent been infected with anything because of nastiness. This is a warehouse environment. NASTY!!!!!
Productive and family oriented work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Platte City, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: locally owned and operated, competitive pay, benefits
Cons: short-no breaks, last minute schedule changes, late payroll checks
True value is a comfortable place to work. Locally owned and locally shopped, they are always wanting to cross train their employee's so that every one is useful no matter what time of year or day. Load days can be very stressful due to the amount of product that is required to be put away during operation hours. The physical labor portion of the job (ie. loading mulch, concrete and propane) can be demanding escepcially during the busy season (summer, early winter).
Productive and time constraints
Order Puller (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 30, 2014
Good work, okay pay.******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Great owner and co-workers
Greenhouse management/Customer Service (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: i was working
Cons: no upward mobility and low paying
It was a full time job that worked with my lifestyle as a family man and it was a source of income. I learned a lot about gardening and plants in many aspects. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker.
nice people small store
sales rep (Former Employee), Elizabeth, COJuly 23, 2014
I liked the work place grate coworkers and vary understanding boss
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone
Material Handler (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: management, pay
Management is very misleading to their employees. Warehouse is old and has no room which slows down your production. Some of the employees are ok but can do better with other companies. Hours might be ok in the summer but in the winter you barely get any hours whatsoever.
Productive Workplace
Assist customers (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILJune 9, 2014
A typical day at True Value was unloading trucks,checking products in the computer system, and stocking shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with questions.
Headquarters