TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

good company
commercial sales manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2015
This is good company or at least in my department. I had a lot of responsibilities but it was good.
I became licensed with the department of agriculture and learned a lot about different properties.
The local office is a good place and friendly and willing to help achieve the goals needs to make the branch grow.
The managers out of state would not come when asked but the branch manager was always helpful.
horrible hours
outdoor salesmen (Former Employee), plant cityMay 21, 2015
Pros: make lots of money
Cons: everything
you typically go in at 11 and do role play for an hour then set false goals to get the manger excited , horrible management people always quit only a dang 30 min break throughout the whole day they can watch what you do with your phone that they give you and always call you if you do something wrong or even take a little breakk
High Pressure, High Turnover Company
Tech (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDMay 19, 2015
TruGreen is a challenging company to work for. They have a very high pressure culture. You will receive extremely fair compensation for the work that you do and you will be rewarded well for hitting objectives. If you are off your objectives you will find the reason that they have such high turnover.
Lawn Care / Fertilizer
Commercial Lawn Technician (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2015
Clock in, Daily morning meetings, truck preparations and then take off to your designated route. Hardest part was having a normal day. Best part was no one was always in your ear.
Faced Pace, Long hours
Lawn specialist (Former Employee), Lewis Center OhioMay 19, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay
Cons: Consistently long hours
A typical day lasted from 7am until abut 6 or 7pm and consisted of 20 or more stops on my route performing services such as fertilization and aerations.

During my brief time with the company, I learned about the different types of lawn grass and weeds. I also learned what it takes to maintain a healthy lawn.

Management was good.

I enjoyed the co-workers I had the opportunity to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the long outdoor hours.

The most enjoyable part was working solo on the route.
Productive work place
Account Manager/Technician (Former Employee), Yaphank, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free gift cards when goals are met
Cons: Healthcare
It was a great company, tuesday morning meeting route managing and tree spraying. most of the meetings were meant to help with new facts about plant/insect life. Most enjoyable part of the job was being out on your own working on customers properties.
Aweful Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 14, 2015
This was one of the worse experiences in my 10 years of job history. 7.95 to complete all requests and know all job positions in the facility.
Much change and little stability
Account Manager (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: One learns how to work with little support
High pressure with little recognition for excellence or hard work. Resources very scarce and the constant feeling of struggle for that which is needed to properly carry out job role to place of excellence and satisfactory delivery.
Terrible Management
Account manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2015
I really did not like working here, Management was very terrible and had terrible hours. The hardest part of the job was having to go solicit in neighborhoods that clearly stated "no soliciting". Was told to do it anyway.
I enjoyed my co-workers but didnt like the constant upheaval in the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 6, 2015
The people I worked with in the local office were wonderful but corporate changed everything all the time. If sales is making too much from their commissions, they will change it with no warning. I had some really good sales weeks and made too much so they changed my commission. Computer operating systems changed all the time.Company structure changed all the time. They downsized to only 2 people in the front office. Then customers began to cancel so they added the front office jobs back. Then they again changed to a call center structure and downsized the front office. Employee turnover rate is horrible.
N/A
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee), allison park paMay 6, 2015
too pushy on sales and demanding on work load.. drive time are long and and schedule is not based on drive time. have to manage to get 90 percent of stops done.. wash and fill your own truck. 10 hour days.
Pretty ok place to work, as long as you can handle weather conditions
Route Specialist, Customer Service, Salesman (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 3, 2015
An ok place to work, things changed each year or months as far as working 4 days a week and changing to 5 or 6 days a week. It becomes an inconvenience when you find another job and you're told the day before that you may end up working that 5th day.
A day in the life of a Trugreen Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with.
Cons: No paid sick days, you must use vacation time.
A typical day at work consisted of taking in-bound phone calls from customers. They are strong on retention and Quality Assurance. They expect you to save 35% of all services that are cancelled. The hardest part is if a customer is moving and they cancel two services such as lawn services and trees and shrubs that counts as two cancels even though it is one customer and you can not save someone who is moving. Some customer service representatives do not cancel the service even though the customer tells them to cancel the service, so it is your responsibility to cancel the service and it goes against your Cancel/ Save metrics. You can even send them to sales for the new address and it is still considered a cancel.

Quality Assurance .... they are working on it.

There are NO paid sick days. If you are sick you must use vacation time.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2015
Awesome place to work if you love working outside and working with lawns. Great place for anyone looking into turf management. i would recommend this place to anyone that loves lawn care.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Being outside. Traveling.
Cons: At the end recession hit and management kept changing.
It was probably one of the best times of my life. The people I got to work with and got to know made it worth while coming to work everyday.
BS sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), twin citiesApril 25, 2015
Pros: learn sales
Cons: hours work managment
Working every weekend in spring For 2 months straight. Lied to in interview about every detail in interviews. Cold selling door to door and high pressure sales environment. Don't make sales it's 55 hour week to make u get more sales. And written up. High turnover seasonal job. Don't recommend. money advertised for year salary is total lie and half that amount realistically.
Great job! Great Pay! Not the greatest customer feedback on the call centers
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 25, 2015
Needs to improve call centers and customer service. I am a lawn specialist and I do love my job. Great commission and base rate of pay.
Sales and marketing for lawn care.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Self starting, fast past sales environment
Cons: poor customer retention
Trugreen is a great sales and marketing company. Company good at obtaining customers. Worked as a sales representative selling lawn and shrub treatments to residential clients. Completed on-site lawn analysis for potential clients and completed sales contracts.
Just a Terrible Culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Ijamsville, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Leadership, customer service, vision, culture
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. NO vision, NO culture, NO Leadership!!! They treat their workforce as expendable assets and fight you tooth and nail to give a HARD working employee a .50cents raise.
Great people, great enviroment
Branch Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lima, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: seasonal work
This is a great place to work, at least my home branch was! The only problem is the job is seasonal, but management does its best to keep you as long as possible.

1 2 3 4 5

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries