TruGreen Employee Reviews

Found 1,026 reviews matching the search
Not made for succuessful sales reps
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 19, 2016
There's money to be made there for sure but the design of the company is not for professional sales people. More for people looking to start out.a career in sales. Long hours, management can be a bit intense at times, ran like a matter of national security.
Pros
Good exercise, work outdoors, fun team
Cons
Micro manage, short breaks, long hours, 6 days a week
Productive with room to grow
sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2016
I enjoy meeting people and potential prospects along with assisting customers get satisfaction they desire with there lawn care.

Selling door to door is known as the most challenging sale, treating the job as it were your own company.

The advancement opportunity is great, along with incentives, good benefits and 401(k).

Although the work life balance is under par.The compensation fits the job at hand, high demands but that is what drives sales.

Micromanagement, The reduction of micromanagement takes, time and communication.As a manager I always offered support and advice, kept a positive attitude when difficult situations arose. Positive feed back and motivation can lead to optimal relationships between employees, and those optimal relationships can strengthen the company culture and make the business more successful.
Pros
Presidents club, advancement opportunities, incentives, benefits and 401k
Cons
Consistent changes, disorganized and culture
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 27, 2016
Lots promise's that never happened . Always low staffed. Company direction changes every month.

Raises are always low. Management has been very unprofessional. Nothingyou do is ever good enough,always wanting more. Get the stops done over taking care of the customers
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No family time
If you want no life, or an excuse to end it
Applicator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 10, 2016
I don't think, with the current state of this company, it could get much better than what I experienced. Oh man was it bad. 12 hour days sprung on you - day of, or 5 days in a row. Poor communication between upper and middle management. Managers are hired and fired like the plague. Sales becoming the only thing that matters. unethical practices like performing services without consent. Or being required to aerate peoples lawns without marking for sprinklers, just to save time. Customers getting gouged with crazy expensive services from people barely trained to diagnose problems. Oh and my favorite, a fancy auto-scheduling system that auto-calls customers the night before, scheduling services they don't want, saying "sometime between 7am and 5pm, we will do the service". So they call in the morning b4 work, get put on hold for 45 minutes till their cut-off, 6 hours later you show-up. Meanwhile upper management doesn't have a clue why the customer base is plummeting. So they're looking for someone to hang all the time. And any number of money-centric disfunctional practices that caused me to frantically quit this job ASAP..
Pros
Cons
OMG
Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed the $500/wk but working 60 hours made your hourly wage around $8. I personally wouldn't recommend the product or service to friends based on the double billing issues and the lack of caring to solve those issues. "Not my problem" was a common quote in those situations. You visit the same houses a rep was just at maybe not even 3 weeks ago. Most competitors yards looked way better than Trugreen yards did. A lot of people already got burned by Trugreen before. Spend a lot of time putting out fires with people you sign up or former customers. If your good at lying to people you'll enjoy this job. I don't so I didn't.
Pros
Meeting new people at each door, some praise you for working such a difficult job, some will even offer you jobs depending on your background.
Cons
Hours, Commission Schedule, Must lie to customers and corner potential customers to get the sale.
Sales group is very competitive and fun.
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2016
When applied I was a bit oversold on the position. I was accepted the position I was sold on the amount of commission I would make, and found it to be much harder to attain than they made it seem to be.

Sales works a 12-9 shift. In certain cases you'll be staying later if they want you to role play to craft your sales pitch. It only happened to me once but I saw it happen to many people ofter. I wish this would be done during the 12-9 time frame, but since they pay salary they take advantage of that.

It is a very aggressive sales position where you'll be canvassing areas that have seen representatives come not only from your company but from competitors every year. Going into the summer you then focus on upselling the current base of customers, again they see this year after year. So you need to be strong willed, a great listener and have or develop your sales technique quick.

There definitely are opportunities to make good money but know you'll have to put the work and time in to do it. I enjoy it but I've been in sales for almost all my life.
Pros
Great Coaching, Great Benefits, PTO, Holiday Pay
Cons
6 days a week, Work life balance, higher paying commission tiers very hard to achieve
Best job I've ever had
Branch Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 26, 2016
I absolutely love working at TruGreen's South Bend, IN branch. I've had jobs where I loved the people I worked with but hated what did. I've had jobs where I loved what I did but couldn't stand who I worked for. I also had a job where I wanted to cry at the thought of going in.

This job as a Branch Employment Coordinator at TruGreen in South Bend is the first and only job that I look forward to going into and get excited about. I don't even mind staying a bit late if I have to. The manager is a wonderful leader who is patient, caring, kind, and makes it a priority to ensure the environment in the office is a welcoming, friendly and supportive one. It's nice to have your hard work and efforts acknowledged and even praised. My only complaint is that my position is seasonal. However I fully intend to return when the season starts up again.
Pros
Awesome manager, great people who understand teamwork, Welcoming and supportive environment, manager is a leader who is willing to help you grow into a wonderful employee
Cons
Seasonal
Great front line staff but high executive turnover
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2016
Branch personnel were great and hard working but upper management seemed disconnected from daily operations and turnover was high at corporate office.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
work life balance
Dishonest from the start
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 21, 2016
Probably the worst employment of my career. Training is terrible in that they teach you very little. They supply you with faulty equipment, and deprive you of the tools you need to be successful. They set you up to fail from the beginning. They state that its a 4 day work week but its mandatory overtime every week because they cant retain employees and are short staffed. Management doesn't care about the employee
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Work like animals
OK place to work
Field Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 2, 2016
Advancement in this company is based on what I call an "Idiot" test which measures supposed abilities, although I have successfully operated three businesses in the past, two for over 20 years I was unable to pass any test I took for advancement. Thus I am stuck as a Field Sales supervisor which has no real advantages except a bonuse paid monthly for a quarter if the entire office meets budgeted sales. This relies heavily on the Salesmanager and his/hers ability to successfully run the sales room.
So in this review I say if your seeking advancement, within the Tulsa area your likely more than not to fail in that regard, no matter what the production says about your ability to sell, your at the mercy of a Wal-Mart type personality test, ( which I also failed).
Pros
Base pay plus commisions
Cons
Long work hours including Saturday punishments if entire office is not meeting sales goals.
Local managment is great, corporate is bad.
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 18, 2016
It might be a bit difficult to give it a fair review. There was a major transition in my branch from being a satellite to being its own branch. Corporate also bought out it's rival. As a result there was way more work than associates available. This all boils down to me working 6 days a week 13 hours a day and dealing with some very angry customers. All for under $14 a hour!
The management at my branch was great, and tried everything they could to keep my experience there a pleasant one. Corporate of course caused issues every step of the way. Poor communication, excessive demands etc..
Pros
Outdoor work, interesting field (no pun intended)
Cons
Bad hours, low pay, greedy corporate bosses make it hard to do job well.
fun environment great opportunity to move up in the company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72209November 23, 2016
Trugreen is a great company to come in each day and feel comfortable. Coworkers are like family we are all a time we have the understanding we see each more than real family so that also makes each of us strive to work harder and help each other out on the way. the hardest thing about working at trugreen was how to handle rejection the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different kinds of people, developing negotiation skills, use and develop problem solving skills and most of all being able to help someone.
Pros
healthcare, coworkers
Cons
working every saturday if the brach didnt meet goal for the week
it was fun being outside and i love train
Field Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2016
long hours impossible to balance your family life with work. it was fun and rewarding training new sales representatives every year. Watching young people learning and getting better and better every week.
Pros
benefits money
Cons
no balance
Do not work here
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEOctober 24, 2016
The lawn techs are over worked and underpaid. The pay per hour plus commission,. I did very well in commission my first year, so year two they raised what I needed in order to his commission.
Telephone lawncare sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 29, 2016
Company is a good place to work but the drive is too far for little compensation and no room for advancement. Hourly pay isn't much and compensation / commission structure doesn't meet the seasonal type sales this is
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Productive team oriented environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJNovember 20, 2016
We work in a high paced team environment to provide an excellent customer experience. Company provides continuous education across all areas of business.(safety, customer service, sales and etc.) The job does offer its challenges from time to time, with being able juggle the many different tasks. But with a great support staff it helped keep things in line. The best part of working for this company is the people I get to work with and the customer interaction.
Pros
monthly incentives, flexible scheduling.
Cons
long hours, occasional weekends
This is a really great company with a great management team!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NH 03053August 24, 2016
What can I say, it if wasn't for the seasonal work, I would still be there. You have a caring top notch management team that gives you all the training you need, support, and fun loving caring people. You are able to grow as a Customer Service Representative, and Supervision is there to help. I enjoyed my work with Trugreen, only wish I could have had stayed, I wasn't able to survive the winters with no work.
Pros
Great Training, Fun Staff, No work on Sunday, ever!
Cons
Brutal Customers, you will learn to become a ACE Customer Service Person, or you will Quit!
Fun and laid back
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 3, 2016
My typical work day started around 9:00 AM I would place outbound collection calls to customers with delinquent accounts. On an average day I would place about 150 calls per day leaving mostly voicemail's for a return call back while also notating the account. The hardest part of the job was getting people to answer the phone so we can try to collect on the balances. The enjoyable part of my day was my co-workers. Everyone was so helpful
Pros
Daily snacks, weekly pay
Cons
Low compensation
Fun ompany, work as a Team, focus on Customer satisfaction
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 8, 2016
Assisted inbound & outbound call in a fast paced environment; providing empathy and resolving customers concern. Make management decisions on type of additional services to save customers and have satisfaction. Provide pay options and other services as request.

Navigating several computer screens & solving problems and satisfying customers at the same time.
Pros
Have summer Bar B Q cook outs by the manager
Cons
continuous calls
Production envoriment
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2016
This was productive base job. Where it has a lot of responsibility but the pay would not equal the responsibility. There are short beaks with long hours.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
short beaks

2.9