TruGreen Employee Reviews

Found 1,079 reviews matching the search
Work Culture
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Long hours in heat. Will get penalized for not closing sales. Do get a company phone for GPS. Have to go door to door in designated neighborhoods. Some neighborhoods worse than others.
Compensation
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 22, 2017
For someone who loves to do lawn care, this company will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of this field. As a Service Manager, the demand of the position an pay doesn't match. The compensation to be equaliant requires for the employee to meet every metric to achieve bonus or pay worthy of the time that is put into a career. For a single person, this would be perfect. For someone who enjoys their family and life, it consumes you.
Pros
Great learning and training experience.
Cons
consumes majority of your life.
very unorganized and broken management
B2C sales rep and Lawn tech specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
As a lawn technician management just throws you out there , no full training, no proper guidance ,and they seem more concerned with revenue & not product quality
Pros
fun experience, descent commission
Cons
very low pay
Decent place to work
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 22, 2017
Trugreen is a decent place to work but there are long hours and some times throughout the year there wont be consistent work for employees due to lower volume of lawn care sales due to weather.
Pros
Good benefits and friendly managers
Cons
Doesnt have consistant work
Overall a good place to work.
Tree and Shrub Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 21, 2017
The hours are long but over all this company does value its workers and treats them like they are human beings. If your a hard worker and like to work outside this is a decent company to work for.
Pros
There was never a shortage of hours.
Cons
Long days.
great co workers
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Great training, very patient while teaching new techs. very productive and caring of each clients yard. Good healthcare benfits.
Pros
not very over the back supervision.
Cons
breathe in a lot of chemicals
Very nice place to work with a very high demand
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 21, 2017
I have worked for this company for over 3 years. This is a fast past atmosphere. If you can't sell over the phone I suggest you look somewhere else for work.
Pros
Win Prizes
Cons
Accountable to the time you are on the phone
Every night and holiday off
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Trugreen is a great place to work. You work at your own pace and you get nights and holidays off. You also make a comission if you make sales. Theres also a bonus if you finish a percentage of your work on time.
Lots of responsibilty but also freedom, can prove yourself and it will show.
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2017
I like working here. Outdoor work with many benefits. Can be your own boss to an extent. Many opportunities to make a good living and a good expierience. Much to learn and lots of responsibility but will be rewarded for good work ethic and being dependable.
Pros
Good health insurance and benefits
Cons
Changes in working conditions(weather) and fluctuating hours, layoffs in winter months
No family time
Senior Service Manager/Branch Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 18, 2017
All they ask for is numbers and do not care about the staff that is doing all the work. The customer service is very bad and is not trained to the level of what it should be. The region managers are very unprofessional and have flings with other employees to make it tough to get anything solved.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
16 hour days
hard work
Fertilizer Tech (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 17, 2017
You're on the road 1/4 of the time travelling to customers homes to fertilize their lawns. Very hard work, no gym needed, definitely worth it. Get paid to work out.
Pros
Oceanfront views while working
Cons
Seasonal work
Great place to work!
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester MNJanuary 17, 2017
TruGreen is a successful and growing company that believes in building an exciting atmosphere of success. They look to their employees as teammates and not another cog in a machine. The company values the hard work and goals of their employees and are always looking to their own people to fill leadership and managerial roles.
Pros
Working outside most of the year, great atmosphere, Benefits for full time employees
I don't like TruGreen
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 16, 2017
They treat their employees like numbers and don't ever listen to suggestions. They punish anyone who shows opinions. They do what they can to pay you as little as possible.
Good place to start, bad place to stay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado and South CarolinaJanuary 13, 2017
I learned a lot about the needs of turf grass as well as trees and shrubs that I never would have known otherwise. I also learned selling techniques like overcoming objections and closing skills. The money was pretty good, the most money I ever made in a year was at TruGreen.

A typical day started with some role-playing to refresh knowledge and skills then off to pound pavement or phone.

I liked talking to homeowners about their lawn and landscapes and knowing that a proper program can make a huge difference toward improvement.

I struggled with the poor communication between management levels on down to trench employees. There was no consideration for the work/life balance as you work 6 days a week for about 12 hours a day so the managers can hit their sales goals. A lot of goals were set and then as soon as they were met, they were immediately upped before the week was out. Never enough for TruGreen. They don't focus on the success of lawns and customer retention, just new customer acquisition so you are constantly trying to battle your customers from canceling because you have no control over the process at the residence. Being overworked leads to low morale and easy burnouts causing high employee turnover.
Pros
Good money, good selling techniques
Cons
Have to work way too hard and long
Difficult to keep up & exceeding expectations
LAWN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2017
The expectations from management is insane. They expect their employees to handle an insane workload in an amount of time that is not enough. Their trucks are not properly maintained. The pay is not enough considering the workload.
Pros
work alone
Cons
hard conditions, insane expectations, not enough pay, large workloads
Not a company I would recommend.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Working for TruGreen proved to be quite a challenge. The work environment and culture was detrimental to creating positive work relationships with coworkers and clients.
Terrible sales job
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 10, 2017
After 3 years I just can't handle all the bs anymore. I wouldn't have my worst enemy work for this trash can of a company. At first it's cool because they are selling you the American dream but it doesn't take long to see through it. 1 season and you have a pretty good idea how terrible this place is to its employees.
Cons
Too many hours on salary
A Great place to learn to be Awesome!!!!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I Truly enjoyed working for TruGreen. I went there as a girly girl, with no knowledge of Agronomy. The management made it really fun to learn. Within weeks I was a selling dynasty. They spend time teaching you, rather than throwing you to the wolves!

The culture is the main thing I loved about TruGreen. Their awareness of culture and best practices in the work place, creates a family oriented and loving environment.

I appreciate having the opportunity to have worked for a wonderful group of professionals, and represent a well respected brand. I only left because I was wanting to explore more in the sales world.

THANKS TRUGREEN! !
Pros
Culture, In depth sales training, uncapped commission
slave ship
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2017
i did it for money nothing else., i didnt like it, will never go back, long days and still can not pay all your bill, break your back with nothing to show
Pros
non
Cons
non
place of opportunity
LEAD GARDENER (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed the time i spent working there. I started as a gardener and they gave me the time to grow and move up to become a lead gardener. I was able to manage my own crew and learn as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9