TruGreen Employee Reviews in United States

This is a really great company with a great management team!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NH 03053August 24, 2016
What can I say, it if wasn't for the seasonal work, I would still be there. You have a caring top notch management team that gives you all the training you need, support, and fun loving caring people. You are able to grow as a Customer Service Representative, and Supervision is there to help. I enjoyed my work with Trugreen, only wish I could have had stayed, I wasn't able to survive the winters with no work.
Pros
Great Training, Fun Staff, No work on Sunday, ever!
Cons
Brutal Customers, you will learn to become a ACE Customer Service Person, or you will Quit!
Not a bad job at all!
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
I quite liked the time I spent at TruGreen! You generally start your day in the office, and then head out into the field to start selling the product. I had a manager that didn't create a team atmosphere, unfortunately. However, my co-workers were very nice people! The hardest part of the job is probably having to deal with rejection, but that will come with any sales job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of making a quality sale.
Pros
Wonderful compensation, vacation time
Cons
Having to deal with constant rejection
outlook
Lawn Technician (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 24, 2016
i love the exercise of this job but it kills my back and i really would like to be promoted one of these days but i never get that choice. people before me complain a lot about change in the company but that can be a good thing somethings. long hours and never have time for my family since i have started working here and if i did go to school that wouldn't accept that i was and have to be at school at a certain time.
Pros
great exercise and pay starting out
Cons
no breaks and take test to advance
This is company has been great to work for. They reward you for on how well you work & recognize you when you have done well.
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day starts early in the morning and some days can be a 10 to 12 hour day. You then may only have to work a 4 day work week. I have learned about how to sell a product to benefit residents on the care of their lawn. My supervisors are willing to listen to me. My co-workers help each other out. The hardest part of the job is working in cold/rainy weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my customers and seeing the results of their lawn.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
seasonal, working in cold/rain weather
got a chance to meet new people
Commercial Pesticides Applicator (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 17, 2016
Aerations , Drive company trucks to different sites to apply fertilizer and Weed controls, fill
truck reservoir with pesticides, log into handheld computers to find out where and what
pesticides will be used, educate customers on what different types of grasses and weeds
are, make sales while out in the field and interact with each customer that I give lawn
treatments to!
Pros
met alot of new people
Cons
healthcare
Answered Phones ,Put Datat Into The Data Base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 22, 2016
I Walk In I Sign In Clock in Then I Start Making Phone Calls To Customers So They Can Make Payments. I Learned Patience And Communicating Better With Customers . My Mg Was Helpful At Some Times But She Could Care About Her Employees More. My Co-workers Where Helpful And If You Needed Help They Always Had A Helping Hand . The Hardest Was Dealing With Rude Customers And The Most Enjoyable Part Was Getting Paid Every Friday.
Dishonest from the start
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 21, 2016
Probably the worst employment of my career. Training is terrible in that they teach you very little. They supply you with faulty equipment, and deprive you of the tools you need to be successful. They set you up to fail from the beginning. They state that its a 4 day work week but its mandatory overtime every week because they cant retain employees and are short staffed. Management doesn't care about the employee
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Work like animals
Great workplace and a great product
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallqas, TXAugust 2, 2016
Excellent experience in door to door sales. I feel it is a new skill when it comes to sales. I have gained more co-workers/ friends that are great to work with. The weather reflects the type of day it will be. If it is hot then be prepared to drink lots of fluids and walking in tough conditions. I enjoy the exercise and speaking to new faces daily and try to give them a product with great benefits.
Pros
Paid to excercise
Cons
Hot brutal weather
Personal freedom and great office culture but poor customer relations
Area Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
While employed with this company i learned a great deal about contacting a potential customer and closing a sale. The management was very hands on with teaching probing questions and closing a deal. the job also demanded a huge amount of your daily life and did not leave much room for personal life. The corporate structure was not very well receptive to customer service requests, often time ignoring questions and concerns all together.
Pros
great employee atmosphere and personal freedom
Cons
poor customer relations
Simple job with incentives
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2016
My typical day consists of nswering incoming phone calls to answer questions and calling out to approve sales for existing and new customers. I have learned to be more outgoing and social. My manager is very fair and understanding about taking off for personal situations. My co workers can be very hard to work with due to their negative attitudes. The hardest part is getting the customer to provide a form of payment over the phone. The most enjoyable part is talking with the customer and helping them feel comfortable and feel a sense of trust within the company. We are the voice of the company.
Pros
Im good at my job
Cons
location
Just don't
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 7, 2016
The training is horrible the effort put into it is nonexistent! They lay you off come winter. When it's time to ask questions after the horrible training you get smart responses. All they really want you to do is retention save their customers by giving them whatever they want because the product isn't what it use to be. You get benefits but by the time your 90days are up you will be laid off.
Bad experience
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 1, 2016
They say you get breaks, but you really don't due to the amount of yards you have to do and you get in trouble if you don't have a 90% that day. By my third day on my own I was given 32 yards that day to complete didn't complete it and was talked to. Also found it ironic they fired me day before I was suppose to take two days of to swear into the military and for MEPS. They say they care about you but they care about meeting their quotas first. Co workers are friendly but many of them will say same that money is their priority. I wouldn't work here again or recommend it to a person.
Pros
Paid weekly, cloths and truck provided
Cons
Work outside 7am-6pm, 6days a week on avg, poor pay, and many others
Good Job,Only available half the year.
Neighborhood Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 1, 2016
It's a great place to work if you don't mind door-to-door sales. It really creates a visual for the law of averages as you knock those 20 doors for those 2 awesome future customers. The management is really supportive and your peers will help you stay at the job with roleplaying and a sharing of sales tactics. Sadly, at December you find yourself out of a job for 3-5 months depending on winters duration.
Pros
All around great job
Cons
Seasonal
loved working with customers and made built trust and friendship
Driver Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 18, 2016
Tru Green was a great company to work for the employees were fun to work around and I loved being out in the field helping customers to get their turf green and weed free .The sales part of it was thrown in on top of the work we did and at first it was tough but I got better as time went by.
Pros
working in the field by my self was nice
Cons
sales was hard but the extra money was good
Ok Work Place
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 13, 2016
Start off in the morning by getting dressed into my work uniform. Then i go get my manifest and handheld to clock in for the day. After this just make sure you have everything you need for the day. I learned how to be a team player and help others when in need. Hardest part of my job is having to walk up and down the sep lawns we have in our area and pull the hose that we spray our chemicals with. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to be outdoors all day.
Pros
Being out doors
Cons
Over working us this year
Customer Care Coordinator at TruGreen
Sales (Promoted) Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJune 2, 2016
This was by far one of my favorite environment's and team to work with. It breaks my heart that the position is discontinued. But the employment is Seasonal. Awesome group to worth with and work for. I rate this company as an overall work place. A+.

Team ethics. Employee fairness. Customer Service to the fullest degree. This particular office makes me really miss those days.

Thank You TruGreen.
Pros
Amazing Team Work
Time at Trugreen
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 16, 2016
Training was the best part of my entire experience. They roped me in with incoming sales calls and easy sales and commission. In reality we were placed on outbound calls. The few times we were placed on inbound calls we had mixed success, unfortunately they put most everyone on outbound calls they gave next to no training for.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Sales driven, Poor leads, incomplete training
Fun Work Enviornment
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 7, 2016
A typical work day included calling current and non customer's to sell products. I learned about how to care for a lawn. The management was okay for the most part. The hardest part of the job was not being able to make money. $12 per hour is not a good way to live. I enjoyed the people but the job was one of the worst I have had.
Cons
if you can get inbound calls you can more than double your hourly rate
good crew and training program
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  rockord illinoisMay 25, 2016
Hours are terrible, noon till 9 pm. Gotta go door to door knocking and begging for business. You may get 2 out of 100 customers on a good day. Pay is terrible, you gotta really get lucky. Oh and you have to answer phones all night like a telemarketing nut job and bother people after dinner. Gotta drive your own car and mileage is like 20 cents a mile. Other than that good luck
Pros
good crew and training program
Cons
noon till 9pm and every sat 9 to 1
Competitive workplace with very nice breakroom
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
i learned a lot about lawn care but also a lot about myself. This job is definitely a work in progress. they are still changing their systems and adapting to their growing company making changes as needed. however in this process some are forgotten and left behind forced to figure some things out on their own using their peers or simple common sense.
Pros
good commission pay
Cons
management staff on different levels of understanding as to whats going on.

2.9