TruGreen Employee Reviews

Great Job and great co-workers
AERATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 15, 2017
I found working for this company to be a great experience. Everyday was a new learning curve with the customers I worked with and the environment. My managers were very sensible and helped me along my way to being a better employee. The hardest part of my job was the Florida heat, but once you get use to it, it gets much easier. The best part about my job was learning how to solve customer problems and finding solutions that made people happy.
Pros
Paid drive time
Cons
Rain
My Insights
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
I enjoy getting out and meeting with existing and potential partnerships. The managers are fair and understanding. The work environment is good and my fellow co-workers and I get along well.
It has it's ups and downs
Customer Service/Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GADecember 13, 2017
Working at TruGreen was really not that bad. I was there for 4 yrs in the Customer Relations Department. Pay was great, hours were great. The particular location I was at was a complete gossip box and the team lead didn't lead anything.
Pros
My manager
Cons
constant changes
n/a
Sales Representative, Feb 2013 (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2017
the people here are family, i looked up to my managers, they brought me in when i was still young and taught me everything i needed to know about sales.
They just pushing for more sales they don’t care about anything except full sales and they don’t care about you if you aren’t making high sales consta
Field Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 12, 2017
Keep high sales constantly or your fired bad management and they have no sales person ever make it over 6 months they just don’t care about anything except full program sales and you will work Mon- sat usually 10-9p.m.
Pros
Good money if you sale a lot but that’s only 3 months you can
Cons
Bad management and you won’t stay long because it’s drama
Lawn Care Specialist
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJDecember 11, 2017
A normal work day is grabbing your truck placing your materials in storage beens, making sure you perform the right DVIR before jumping on the road to service customers lawns, I really enjoyed speaking with home owner. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, being out doors was a beautiful thing peaceful work environment
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Working every Saturday
Terrible Place to Work
Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 11, 2017
They will fire you in a second and a promise alot of things when it comes to pay but they are all untrue. If you are in the door to door side you will work 50 plus hours a week with unreachable goals for "saturday offs" that will never happen. Then when it gets slow they lay you off or fire you.
Excellent
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2017
I have worked for TruGreen 19 years as of February 2018. I feel TruGreen offers plenty of room for growth and rewards their employees for the work they do. They are also understand that employees have life outside of the company. I would recommend not only customers but people seeking employment.
hard work
Route manager\chemical sprayer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 10, 2017
tru green Chemlawn was the hardest , physical job that I ever work for. They took for granted efforts and only considered their numbers. tellamarketing driven
Pros
independent routes
Cons
no support out in fiield
Stressful workplace with no breaks
TruGreen Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 9, 2017
Typically, I would work from 6 am until about 5 pm. Most work weeks were 4 days a week, but you may be called in on Friday or Saturday. I often worked in rough weather and usually did not have time in my day to take a lunch break.
Overall Good
FIELD SALES (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 8, 2017
Trugreen does a good job of motivating their sales representatives to work very hard during times they know sales will be high. It is a good plan for making money for both the representatives and the company. For the most part, I enjoyed my experience with Trugreen.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Late Evenings
typical day
Regional Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 8, 2017
The day would normally start off with us in the office having a meeting, which would be relaxing most of the time.
Then we would all go out and work for our sales while being in steady contact with each other and our Branch Sales Manager.
Yes the days can be stressful and tedious but overall you get what you get.
Hard work and determination=Success!
Pros
You manage your time your way!
Cons
Stressful when you are not getting sales.
Fair
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIDecember 7, 2017
TruGreen is a great place to work. As a lawn technician, you don't have a supervisor watching over you all day because you are out in the field on your own. Work is pretty easy and it is what you make of it.
Very hard work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTDecember 7, 2017
Long hours. Management was less than friendly. Training was not a priority. The hardest part of the job was working in 100+ degrees and not having enough time to do the work antiquately
Long hours for little pay.
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VADecember 6, 2017
You are told 4 10 hour days when you start but be prepared to work 5 days and some Saturdays. And don't hold your breath for a raise even if you are told by your manager that hes getting you one. Very poor management and lack of care for the customer.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Pretty much everything else, poorly managed company
TruGreen: Great service, even better people.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2017
The people and management is always great. The job itself is great. I was never asked to do anything that my managers wouldn't do. They took care of me far beyond expectation all the time when I was with Trugreen.
hard work and had to maintain everything. trucks included.
Pesticide Applicator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 6, 2017
starting out at trugreen was fun and an interesting job. as time progressed management had so troubles and some of them had to be let go. then after this the work loads became insane to where they had me doing 80 plus lawns a day. this was a problem because i was not able to guarantee my work and started missing out on my son's school and games.
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
they don't care about employes
Not organized
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLDecember 6, 2017
Trugreen let me go after 7 month with no notice saying it was a lay off , they didn't give no heads up I was leading the other techs in producing revenue.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Bad equipment
Working at Trugreen
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 5, 2017
We are a big family. love working here. come to work get your job done. hardest part is that customer calls. everyone is awesome to work with. only thing its hard to live on the pay. thats why im looking for part time work
Pros
family
Cons
pay
Very professional, learned a lot about industry, stressfull and constant change.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed very much my time at Trugreen, learned a lot about the industry and office management. They are very knowledgeable and professional in corporate but at the branch level experience can be a little different. I had excellent Branch Managers and a couple horrible ones.
Pros
Challenging, professional, good benefits.
Cons
Tremendous stress and expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.