TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: weekly pay and benefits and friendly co-workers
Cons: working in rain
If you love being outdoors then this is the place to be. I absolutely enjoyed seeing the results of the hard work I put in. My managers were phenomenal. I had to move or else I would still be there. I have nothing negative to say for the Loganville Branch
Enjoyment of working outdoors
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Working outdoors
Cons: Management
A typical day consisted of going to different lawns on a route and servicing those lawns. I learned how to better work alone at this job being that I serviced the route by myself. The management at the office I was did not seem to care about their employees like I would hope for; however, I do not believe this is so at every office. My co-workers were great. We all worked together if one needed help. We would cover each other's routes if needed. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if overtime was going to be worked over the weekend until late in the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was being outdoors every day.
During heat of summer, this job could kill a person
Lawn Tech (Former Employee), Shawnee, KansasJune 30, 2015
Pros: Weekends off IF you hit you quota by Friday
Cons: working Saturday of you dont, the HEAT, lay off in winter
First off, you are required to wear a long sleeved, tan shirt, and thick dark green pants with thick rubber slip ons over your shoes. When it's spring time, this is no big deal. In mid summer, it's crazy!

You have to keep a certain pace of walk when doing the fert, which they teach you. You can't spray the lawns in the mid of summer, because the hear will evaporate the liquid before it does it's job, so you have to use a spreader and granular fert. The bad part about that, is loading the truck up in the AM with dozens of 40# bags of fert, and then unloading them to fill you spreader when – more... needed.

The Service Managers will at time go out and 'ghost' you, which means they will find where you are, and sit down the street and watch you work, to see if you are doing it correctly (pace of walk when spraying/spreading, if you are actually doing the lawns, if you are using your weed killer, stuff like that)

That's all fine, you are supposed to do your job right, so if you aren't, and you get caught, that's on you.

Back to the heat. Your truck has no AC, just a flap on the roof to open to catch air, which is bogus, you have to eat lunch on the go, and you have to do a certain amount of lawns a week, to reach your dollar amount that is set for you on Monday, OR you have to come in on Saturday and do enough lawns to reach your quota. This is bad, because if you are a customer, do you really want a lawn person coming to you home, at 6AM on a Saturday morning, knocking on your door, and then walking around your yard? No. And the pay was only $500 a week, for sweating your butt off and running all over town – less
outside sales
Account Executive II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: outdoors
Cons: half day in office
generating new customers,cold calling,door to door,working outside,meeting new challenges,the freedom of being my own boss,leading team members.
great customer interaction good work environment
Sales (Former Employee), rapid city sdJune 24, 2015
Pros: commissions team
Cons: seasonal
great education on all products and continued training to better understand the company and what it stands for. management has a great open door policy and is very involved with everything going on in the business. very team oriented
Good job, good benefits
Residential Lawn Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons: Hours, Lay-Offs
Hours can be long, all about sales, can make some good money and benefits are pretty good, work with some good people but a lot of turnover
productive and fun place to work
Outside sales representative (Former Employee), Cumming, GaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches and cash rewards and healthcare
Cons: Hot working outside, long hours
I loved the management and the people I worked with. Part of the excitement is we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was going door to door in the heat of the day. It was very hot. But the pert was getting sales and being recognize for being successful and everyone was excited overtime you get a yes and made great commission.
it sucks
Outside salesman (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 23, 2015
it was ok. Not enough communication. Sales manager was not really at work and was under the influence alot of time . Montgomery al branch
Cutomer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 22, 2015
This is a great place to work. I was a temp employee. The time I spent here at the Allentown office was the best expeirence. Higlhy recommend this companyt
workplace clean but the heat is horrible
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hard to get a break and climate
Great job, good management, and good benefits for a job. Co workers are friendly but this job is a self motivated job that can mentally break you
the company was very fun and productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: very fun
Cons: seasonal
the company was very fun and productive to work for the company kept the employers very informative of what was going with the company
lawn tech
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 19, 2015
customer service is a must.i learned how to keep the grass green and weedless lawn.i to keep busy at all times.i drove to the customer property to spray and put down fert.
Terrible place to work
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee), Elyria ohJune 18, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Everything
Horrible place to work the manager bob in elyria ohio is a dick they can't get organized don't train you try to force you to work well past your hours give you attitude if you have somewhere to be instead of work at 6 or 7 pm just an overall poorly ran place
I enjoy being able to help with trouble shooting situation
Sales Auditor (Former Employee), 1440 N.Market BlveJune 18, 2015
I was able to learn how to help over the phone with trouble shooting cable situation. The job itself wasn't hard to do the software was very managable to learn
decent money but hard to get. Not somewhere i would recommend.
Outdoor Sales Rep (Former Employee), OutsideJune 18, 2015
long hot days in the sun knocking on doors trying to get people to buy into the program so you can make a paycheck. the management claims they care about you as an individual not just a number for the company but that's a lie. your co workers are the best and worst part of the job you have ones that are good that help you then ones that are sneaky and watch you struggle so they can get your customers and more money for themselves.
Work Objectives
Inside Sales/ Call Center (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 17, 2015
Objective: Seeking a career with an established and progressive organization to share my customer service supervisor experience and increase company profitability. I am a team player with a positive “can do” and “take charge” attitude, exceptional work ethics and a professional reliability that would be an asset to any company.
Professional Talents & Highlights: Extremely professional, punctual, outgoing, people person with a natural charismatic talent to defuse irate customers. I excel at using empathetic negotiating skills, reassuring company product value to customers while maintaining the profitability interest of the company in satisfactory customer resolutions. I am very structured, organized, and reliable. Experienced with and enjoy multi-tasking. I’m outstanding at prioritizing, utilizing experience to think on my feet, asking targeted questions, anticipating returned questions to analyze and solve problems. I use sympathy, consistency and fairness as a supervisor.
Very Difficult to have a Balance in Life
Outside Sales - Territory Sales (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, O.June 11, 2015
Pros: Great Working with People -
Cons: Work 6 days a week - 8-10 hours a day
It is Impossible to have a Balance in Life - when You work 6 days a week - 8-10 hours a day - It was also not stated that our Commissions were paid two weeks after we made the sales & we did not receive a residual - one time commission even though the sale is renewed over & over again unless it is canceled ...
Kind and productive people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Reimbursed for gas, making commission, and opportunity to obtain prizes each week
Cons: Very long hours, no set work schedule, not able to see my family much
Went to the office, prepared door fliers, and made callbacks to customers that were interested the previous day. Went to route, knocked on doors and encouraged people to purchase adequate lawn care for their yards. Went back to office and proceeded to call customers who were interested in purchasing earlier in the day.

I learned to listen, communicate, and help customers fix their problems.

The managers always kept us excited and motivated to be successful that day.

I had the opportunity to go door-to-door with a few experienced co-workers while training. They were helpful in training me to appropriately educate the customer.

The hardest part of the job was finding customers willing to pay a moderate price for quality labor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and improving in my communication skills.
This job required a lot of on-going training and hard work
Area Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: The sales training I received
Cons: Working in field during bad weather
The position encompassed detailed work and training. I respected the sales training processes that they imposed. Overall I grew professionally.
Amazing place! Great people! Low pay.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great people and Good management!
Cons: Bad bad pay! Out dated System.
I loved the people i worked with but i hated the pay. My manager was ALWAYS there for me and she is an amazing manager, but i got 12 Dollars an hour. No room to improve. Outdated system. Sales people lie to customers and it's your job to fix their screw ups.

1 2 3 4 5

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries