TruGreen Employee Reviews in United States

Productive with room to grow
sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2016
I enjoy meeting people and potential prospects along with assisting customers get satisfaction they desire with there lawn care.

Selling door to door is known as the most challenging sale, treating the job as it were your own company.

The advancement opportunity is great, along with incentives, good benefits and 401(k).

Although the work life balance is under par.The compensation fits the job at hand, high demands but that is what drives sales.

Micromanagement, The reduction of micromanagement takes, time and communication.As a manager I always offered support and advice, kept a positive attitude when difficult situations arose. Positive feed back and motivation can lead to optimal relationships between employees, and those optimal relationships can strengthen the company culture and make the business more successful.
Pros
Presidents club, advancement opportunities, incentives, benefits and 401k
Cons
Consistent changes, disorganized and culture
Terrible Management, Nice Work environment
Landscape Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2016
The work was at a good tempo, and during the summer it was really nice to have done a good amount of properties by the end of the week. Some days are really hot, learned a lot about the equipment and the way landscaping works. Management was great at first, but then the company hired people who aren't so great to replace those who were jumping ship. Co-workers were hard workers and had drive, which motivated me to work harder. Hardest part of the job was coming back from lunch into the sun. Loved looking at my work at the end of each property.
Pros
Weekends off, set schedule, pay every week
Cons
short breaks, hot weather, bees/wasps, and property managers angry and the companys account managers
Productive with room for growth
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 8, 2016
The advancement opportunity is great.
The work life balance is under par.
The compensation fits the job at hand.
Management is well informed.
If you have honesty and integrity, you can do better.
Outside Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCDecember 19, 2015
I wasn't told of "seasonal Layoffs" at right at Christmas too. Oh you can collect unemployment but if you have kids you won't be getting them presents. Better hope Santa is real! Work you way too many hours for salary. Must sell X amount before commission even kicks in. If you don't you get chopping block. Not enough support from management and no time for second jobs or even to search. I'm a great salesman but market too tough and too many dissatisfied from previous experience to get them to buy.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
everything else
Friendly and very professional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to work for and well compensated for the service that you were selling. Great sales manager and very supportive as well. The General Manager ran a very tight ship but he kept you focused and motivated. I would work here again as a lawn technician or in some type of management posiiton. Sales was not my cup of tea.
Pros
Great company, Good compensation
Cons
Very demanding but that's what drives sales
Hard work, but well worth it.
Lawn Specialist/Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work lasted from 6 A.M. to around 4:30 or 5:00 P.M.
I learned how to appraise a lawn's issues, value, and possible resolutions to said issues. I also learned about the many varieties of lawns we have here in Northeast Florida. The hardest part of the job for me was having to take over a lawn that the previous tech hadn't treated properly and assure the customer that I would make it right. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the result of a few months of proper care on a lawn.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Long days, manual labor.
Great place to work!
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2015
You better be a go-getter to work at TruGreen in loveland, CO. Get to the office, make your morning calls, get your materials ready and hit the doors. At this job, I learned all about reading my customers, and goal-setting. The managers at my location are extremely knowledgeable, easily approachable and excellent leaders. My co-workers were easy to work with and competitive, both qualities I enjoy in a team. The hardest part of my job is whether or not I have enough water with me or not when I am out on doors. Aside from that , my job is enjoyable to me. My favorite part is the end of the day when the top salesperson is identified.
Pros
Hour lunch, salary pay plus commission
Cons
Outside Sales (door-to-door)
Fabulous company with a great working environment.
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2016
I have held a few different positions in the company and I can say this is the best company I have ever worked for. There is a strong vision from our leadership which is portrayed well to all facets of the company, the branches foster a friendly and enriching workplace environment. I have learned what it means to run a successful business and to manage a vast array of people in my tenure with TruGreen. The management strives to motivate people to be the best they can be by setting goals and holding their staff accountable to their goals.
Pros
Wonderful employees, promote from within, wonderful environment to grow.
Lousy management, low pay harmful chemicals
CSR (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 27, 2016
I did auditing in which I verified orders the sales team setup. Job was very easy but the pay isn't worth it. Management is horrible and hours were inconvenient. Not a real comfortable place to work even tho it's an office job it is all done around the lawn chemicals so you breathe in harmful chemicals all day. If you like headaches and nausea you'll enjoy the job. They push you to encourage customers to give you credit card and banking info as an EZ Pay setup which is how you make your money but in today's world nobody likes to give that info over the phone. And if after several attempts to gather that info from the customer and they refuse then you in turn are not meeting the companies standards which can cause write ups or fear of being let go.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay lousy management harmful chemicals snobby coworkers
poor management from corporate office
Tree shrub specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 21, 2016
start time is at 630 work till your done . you are expected to complete all work given to you even if its too much work or if gates are locked Any reason you bring back unserviced account is considered an excuse no mater the reason.to much micromanagement of employees ,
Pros
salary
Cons
expectations beyond realty for employees poor customer service
Accountability is non-Accountable
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 24, 2015
When hired I was assured (and continuously thereafter) that if I continued to hit my numbers I would be employed until late November. After my introductory period, I hit or exceeded my numbers most of the time. In fact, I was asked to attend a conference for "future managers". At this conference, the RSM and NSM preached accountability--doing what you say you are going to do. I was constantly getting praised for my drive and success. Then out of the blue, I was laid-off over a month before I was originally told because of a company-wide mandate. I now have to scramble to find a job for the lack of time to save additional money to survive during the lay-off period. I was told they very much want me back next year because of my success.
Pros
if you are comfortable with cold/warm calling and door-to-door sales, you can make a decent (not great) commission. Ok base salary.
Cons
laid-off over a month before i was told to expect.
Great Management
Customer Service Representative/AR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2016
Management is willing to work with you and will have a great relationship with employees when there is equal partnership i.e if you are working as hard at what you are doing and are very willing to work harder or ask questions to become a better employee the manager is more than willing to help.
hard labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 16, 2016
hard work in the blazing sun.
costumer service.
driving work truck
map reading
Room for advancement
Good for someone in good shape
Pros
on your own for the day
Cons
long hours in the hot sun
Good overtime
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 8, 2015
I'm still employed here, but that will not keep me from being honest. Overtime later in the season is good, and typically associates work 4/10 hour days, sometimes later. Benefits are good, but the pay is average. There is no support system within this company, and the job cultural is horrific. The management is perhaps one of the worst I've encountered in all my years of working.
Pros
no weekends work for the most part.
Cons
lack of communication and professionalism.
good company
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 20, 2016
first day till the last day was great and very profecial not alot of drama and great management everyone is willing to help and teach you about the in's and out's about the job
Pros
not many advancements
Cons
upder paid in my opion
Casual Environment but Ineffective Management
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2015
Inadequate Training, misleading information from recruiter,
no job security. Fun place to work but training is horrible and management is never clear on their requirements.
Never advised it was a seasonal position and subject to layoff..given three day notice of lay off.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
inadequate training
Poor management when i was there
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJanuary 1, 2016
Didn't get paid for the hours worked or the sales made. Had sales stolen from me by the salesmen. Nothing was done about it. If your goal was not reached you were forced to work more hours or get fired. Unrealistic goals of $1,100 in production covering entire southside of hamptonroads including areas in North Carolina racking up over 100 miles a day. Each job could be from $35 to $90, Averaging 55-60 per house with no more than 4 houses per city. (general area). I will never return to this place for work.
Pros
Greatest Lawn care programs if you have a good tech that cares!
Cons
Most people employees don't care about quality just quantity!
fun workplace
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI and Jackson, MINovember 12, 2015
Long. long, long hours. 8-9 m-f and most Saturdays mornings. A bit frustrating to work for them. They have you do bidding all day long, then give you 1 hour to relax. Then, at 4, you come to the office and make calls until 9 p.m..
Pros
Decent pay, exciting atmosphere for selling.
Cons
Hours are horrible. No room for advancement. Many customers do not want them calling them.
Very unorganized
Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 29, 2016
Equipment never worked properly, the equipment repairmen think they own the company and treat you like you're an idiot. When you let management know of an issue, they don't do anything about it until you threaten to leave. Then they act like the best manager in the world and try to make everything right. They also have filling techs who put the wrong pesticides in the trucks. Last year they killed the trees and shrubs on over 40 different properties.
Cons
No breaks or lunches
Not a place to work!!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Worked at Trugreen for a brief period as outside sales. There so called salary is bull----- They tell you you may occasionally work a half a day on Sat. Well it was a 60 hour a week job for a salary of 628.00 a week,Before taxes. Do the math 11.00 a hour and you working until 8pm every day.
Pros
Cons
Work you to death and you are jyst a dollar sign to them.