TruGreen Employee Reviews in United States

it was ok
Lawn speaclist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2016
a typical day at work consist of me coming in early doing routes
how to treat custormers lawns
management was great
my co workers were very helpful
the long hours were very hard to deal with
the pay was always rewarding
Boiler Room Mentality
Telecenter Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
This company is driven and so are the managers. 60 hours a week is not uncommon and for top performers is expected. I enjoyed the job mostly because of the people I worked with and for. Management puts in ridiculous hours and expect no less from there employees.
Pros
Money
Cons
No life and very stressful environment
Very fun productive job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
I did like working there it was a very fun productive job, i recommend it to others, the managers great and very enthusiastic.
good crew and training program
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  rockord illinoisMay 25, 2016
Hours are terrible, noon till 9 pm. Gotta go door to door knocking and begging for business. You may get 2 out of 100 customers on a good day. Pay is terrible, you gotta really get lucky. Oh and you have to answer phones all night like a telemarketing nut job and bother people after dinner. Gotta drive your own car and mileage is like 20 cents a mile. Other than that good luck
Pros
good crew and training program
Cons
noon till 9pm and every sat 9 to 1
enjoyable in most aspects
Door to door sales representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 24, 2016
Enjoyed meeting a variety of new people each day and helping them fit their needs and enhancing their family life as well as beautifying their homes on a daily basis.
Competitive workplace with very nice breakroom
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
i learned a lot about lawn care but also a lot about myself. This job is definitely a work in progress. they are still changing their systems and adapting to their growing company making changes as needed. however in this process some are forgotten and left behind forced to figure some things out on their own using their peers or simple common sense.
Pros
good commission pay
Cons
management staff on different levels of understanding as to whats going on.
Sugar rush from 8-5 Monday through Saturday
Specialist (Current Employee) –  TXMay 20, 2016
Fast paced environment that continuously keeps you busy playing a numbers game every day, week, month and year. Tons of data entry and projects, plenty of physical work in all kids of weather, amazing customers to work with, fairly even amount of good and bad co-workers/managers to work with. Best part is getting the breaks before and after work.
Pros
Stay busy 75% of the year
Cons
110% is never enough
yuk
Sales and lawn tech (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 18, 2016
This was an entry level position and you were reminded of this almost daily and often treated disrespectfully
Was told I would receive 50 hours weekly and it rarely happened
Spray/Sales Tech to Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 17, 2016
offers sales commission, overtime extra bonus. work outside in all kinds of weather. improving customer lawns. managers are there to help. co-works are good friends. hardest part of the job is working on the trucks
Great Employees,
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 16, 2016
everyone worked very hard everyday to take care of our customers.

Co workers were awesome.

Hardest part of the job was keeping customers happy at all times.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being with people you cared about everyday that were as passionate as you were. and developing people

watching people move up in the company
Horticultral Specialist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILMay 16, 2016
I liked the outdoors and being able to interact with people. Some days can be longer then others but consistent work all season.
Seasonal Work
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 15, 2016
Typical day was arriving at the office at 7 a.m. to get the schedule for the customers you were going to see that day. Then going out to the customers and answering any questions they may have before applying the product to their lawn that they purchased. I learned the different lawn chemicals that help lawns grow and what harms the grass.
over all good company to work for
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILMay 15, 2016
Day tend to start early 7 am..
review the days manifest and map..
drive to individual stops perform duties
return to building, fill trucks, checkout..
Pros
work outside
Cons
days can get long in the summer
Great Company
Commercial Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. I have been here for 8 years and would recommend this company to my friends and family.
Short pay
indoor/outdoor sales rep (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 12, 2016
Trugreen is a nice and reliable place to work. They are upfront in the interview as to what the job is and what you will be doing. However, They dance around the pay and say they give you commission and compensate for your mileage weekly but never get it paid to you. I worked there for a month maybe longer and never seen a dime from the renewals, commission, and mileage reimbursement they promise every week. They say you can earn 38K a year but in reality it's only $28K. Very disappointed in this job. I wish I didn't take it. However, they are flexible with your time off when you request for it but require you to work 12-9 sometimes 9-9 and every weekend.
Pros
reliable, nice people to work for
Cons
lie about pay and short your paychecks
Good steady job , trains the staff well.
senior sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 11, 2016
Typical hiring time in january., Typical lay offs due to off season in mid november. Persons are able to collect unemployment for 60 days then they are rehired.
Pros
GOOD TRAINING, WELL MANAGED.
Cons
VERY STRESSFULL SALES TECHNIQUES
It wasn't my cup of tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 9, 2016
Were really adamant about the sales that it made the work environment stressful. The workers were fun to work with and the managers were very persistent.
well done
Professional Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2016
The foundation of my journey started here, I was able to jump ahead and meet beautiful people while being close to management that gave me the encouragement to keep - not saling but making lives better.
Horrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 6, 2016
I worked as a customer service rep for about 6 months and I found it very hard to take the company seriously. Most of the calls I answered were angry customer either complaining about how dishonest and unethical the techs were to how horrible their lawns looked due to receiving the services. My managers were extremely lazy and never wanted to handle an escalated call. I ended up leaving because it became harder and harder to defend the company to the customers when I knew the customers were actually right!
Pros
I had a great work schedule
Cons
Low moral, low pay with no chance for pay increase
Okay place if you don't want a life and you love working in thunderstorms outside
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GAMay 4, 2016
Everyone thinks the pay is good until you work 60+ hours a week with no time for an actual life. You start off cold calling 300+ people a day then you transition outside and walk 8 hours going door to door manipulating people for the sales that you HAVE to get or they toss you. Hey, you even get to work in lightening. Told my manager about it and her reply was worrying about sales, not caring about safety. I would not recommend this company. They don't care about the employees, only about the sales and money.
Pros
Hour lunch, meeting new people
Cons
Long hours, no life, measley pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.