TruGreen Employee Reviews

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search
Fun and productive
Telemarketing Associate (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be to arrive at 9 am and start calling previous customers and offer lawn care services. I would make outgoing calls from 9 am to 5 pm. I learned working here to remain calm and not say anything I would regret. Sometimes you come across a angry customer and you just have to stay calm and quiet. The workplace culture was very upbeat, fun and witty. I enjoyed the work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the bonuses for the most sells each week. Overall working for this company was great.
Pros
weekly bonuses
Cons
No holiday pay
Great
Lawn Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
Trugreen is one of the best companies I worked for, the pay is great and the benefits as well. Can't forget the co-workers and service managers, they are also great. They are a part of my family
Fair
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Knowledge of different types of grasses and weeds and opportunity to advance in the company. Also the ability to interact with different types of customers
TruGreen
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Lot of training to do the job. Work at your own pace and can take lunch whenever you want to lots of freedom included as well. Also the job does give lots of percs and it is a great place to work for. Including being seasonal job, you work 8 months and have 5 months off.Work days are either long or usually average.
My TruGreen review
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Pay + Commission , # 1 lawn care company , Great benefits , Successful company , Great team atmosphere, Great management staff. Great product to sell.
Productive and Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 18, 2017
The best part about working at TruGreen is that we help each other and motivate each other to be better. If they do not have the necessary tools to help you excel, they will find a way for you to be successful.
Very difficult job for $13/hour - Randolph location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randolph NJFebruary 18, 2017
Jobs is not fun. Two week training period, then you are on the phone. Your every move is monitored and tracked. Cell phones must be kept in the drawer. Your calls are monitored and you get weekly reviews. If you fall below certain standards you are put on performance review and require additional coaching. Schedules can change every other week...one Saturday per month is required. Daily role plays are done. No vacation or sick days. Doctors appointments and emergencys are unexcused absences. There is no water cooler or coffee. You must learn a legacy system which houses all the customer data and you must be a quick typer. No one talks to each other because you are fielding one call after another from upset, angry customers. Very high turnover rate with average tenure being about 4-6 months.
Pros
Time goes by somewhat quickly
Cons
Micromanagement to the tee
Very positive and friendly people.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2017
Great people and fun work environment. The management is very family friendly and works to maintain a positive and professional work place.Also they hire from within the company.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
The work is seasonal
Keeps you buisy
Commercial Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Definitely enough work throughout the season, layoff by Thanksgiving and rehired by March. Take advantage of time off in late fall though early spring.
A great chapter in my career
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Competitive pay, Great atmosphere, high morale: I always feel valued and appreciated. I am commended when I do well and encouraged when I fall short. This is the best company I've worked for.
Excellent
Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
It give you the opportunity to show your skills you have learned from other technicians that have been there for many of year. You get rewarded for best practices.
Pleasedn
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 13, 2017
Good money, GREAT leadership and guidance. You'll learn great things about lawn care. Also lots of promotion room for the motivated
Was a great Place to work until they moved me under new management
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 11, 2017
I know i would still be employed if i worked under the hiring manager.I truly Loved working for the customers I always had Packs of dog treats for the customers who had dogs. I took my job serious
Pros
overtime
Cons
paid for my own licsense and boots
Easy place to work for
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 11, 2017
I have learned many different aspects of treating lawns properly, and this knowledge is something I can spread to others. The management is easy to work for. The hardest part of the job is the heat in the summer months. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on your own out in the field daily!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Heat
Good
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2017
TruGreen is a place where you will learn and be educated on alot of things... Pay is descent.. Work can be stressful but not impossible.
management and team work together to hit r objectives.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
Management staff at the TG call center in Crestwood is awesome. Continue to work on the commission structure and r insurance. Love working for Crestwood fair and continue to be very aggressive in purchasing other companies.
drive around spraying chemicals on plants
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 8, 2017
little pay and poor benefits. they force you to make sales or you get written up or even fired. I got written up for taking a day off when my son was in the hospital with a life threatening illness.
Pros
education of plant health
Cons
Pay, benefits, Laid off at the end of each year and rehired at the beginning of the next year.
A Great Place To Work,
Ware House Technician (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work is to experience a new problem or situation that requires me to act decisively. Management and the culture of TruGreen makes a day of work fun and enjoyable. There is no difficulty in the job that I do, as a warehouse technician. This is the reason for me looking for another career.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No immediate supervision. I manage my own work schedule.
Not a bad gig.
Field Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
There are flexible hours. It was the perfect summer job for me while I was in a school and I was could work part time during the school year.
Cons
It is physical work which can be exhausting on hot summer days
Crazy inconvenient Hours
Sales Representative for the Little Rock (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 6, 2017
I loved my job. I learned so much and was able to make life changes, however, there were a lot of issues with the service side of things. It became too difficult to achieve sales quotas because of the continual bad service done by that dept. Also it became too difficult for me to keep up with the hours and still try to have a life with my kids as a single mom.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Bad hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9