TruGreen

TruGreen United States Employee Reviews

A day in the life of a Trugreen Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with.
Cons: No paid sick days, you must use vacation time.
A typical day at work consisted of taking in-bound phone calls from customers. They are strong on retention and Quality Assurance. They expect you to save 35% of all services that are cancelled. The hardest part is if a customer is moving and they cancel two services such as lawn services and trees and shrubs that counts as two cancels even though it is one customer and you can not save someone who is moving. Some customer service representatives do not cancel the service even though the customer tells them to cancel the service, so it is your responsibility to cancel the service and it goes against your Cancel/ Save metrics. You can even send them to sales for the new address and it is still considered a cancel.

Quality Assurance .... they are working on it.

There are NO paid sick days. If you are sick you must use vacation time.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2015
Awesome place to work if you love working outside and working with lawns. Great place for anyone looking into turf management. i would recommend this place to anyone that loves lawn care.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Being outside. Traveling.
Cons: At the end recession hit and management kept changing.
It was probably one of the best times of my life. The people I got to work with and got to know made it worth while coming to work everyday.
BS sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), twin citiesApril 25, 2015
Pros: learn sales
Cons: hours work managment
Working every weekend in spring For 2 months straight. Lied to in interview about every detail in interviews. Cold selling door to door and high pressure sales environment. Don't make sales it's 55 hour week to make u get more sales. And written up. High turnover seasonal job. Don't recommend. money advertised for year salary is total lie and half that amount realistically.
Great job! Great Pay! Not the greatest customer feedback on the call centers
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 25, 2015
Needs to improve call centers and customer service. I am a lawn specialist and I do love my job. Great commission and base rate of pay.
Sales and marketing for lawn care.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Self starting, fast past sales environment
Cons: poor customer retention
Trugreen is a great sales and marketing company. Company good at obtaining customers. Worked as a sales representative selling lawn and shrub treatments to residential clients. Completed on-site lawn analysis for potential clients and completed sales contracts.
Just a Terrible Culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Ijamsville, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Leadership, customer service, vision, culture
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. NO vision, NO culture, NO Leadership!!! They treat their workforce as expendable assets and fight you tooth and nail to give a HARD working employee a .50cents raise.
Great people, great enviroment
Branch Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lima, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: seasonal work
This is a great place to work, at least my home branch was! The only problem is the job is seasonal, but management does its best to keep you as long as possible.
On a daily basis I was required to do door to door sales for 11 hr days with only one break. If we did not meet goals we had to come in an hr early.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Get sunday off
Cons: You get no personal life. Managment is a joke.
I was lied to in the interview and proceeded to be pushed hourly to the breaking point until myself and several others quite.
Challenging yet rewarding
Sales, Customer (Former Employee), ChattanoogaApril 17, 2015
A typical Day at Tru Green Started with an office meeting to see who had done the best job the day before.
Then Goals on sales for the day were set and we headed out to work.

I learned that if you can truly believe in the product you are marketing that sales are easily made through that confidence. we all worked alone in this job but in morning meetings we all boosted each others confidence.

The hardest Part about the job was working alone for very long hours.

I enjoyed the money that could be made in this position.
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Rep (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good base pay with commission bonus
The sales manager is a high level man who wants greatness from his team, great to work for. He pushes you and motivates you to be better than you were the day before. Love meeting people on routes
Good compensation but poor ethics and work/life balance
General Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTApril 15, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: work/life balance, unethical practices
I was lured the to TruGreen by their compensation plan. However, after working there for a few months I couldn't help but notice many unethical practices that the company had. Also, the managers are expected to work a very high number of hours and given minimal balance between work and life. Managers work 6 days a week and 13+ hour days.
Great coworkers, terrible management
Can't say (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, great pay, benefits
Cons: no job security, management attitudes, No advancement opportunities
None of the customer service is done at branch level. You can forget advancement unless you can pick up and move across country and there's no saying your spot will remain open. Recognition rarely given for hard work. Veteran employees aren't recognized. If you like to hear people yell and curse then this is the place for you.
Overall a very up-beat and positive atmosphere and work environment!
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great commission structure, easy-going/laid back work environment and overall atmosphere; NO micro-managment
Cons: short breaks, short lunch
*a typical day at work entails:
 Responsible for warm calling a minimum of 100 prospects daily
 Marketing and selling company’s services to prospects
 Responsible for upselling a certain percentage of prospects that are initially closed
 Team Leader
 Continue to meet and exceed personal and company goals

*I have learned:
Self discipline, being that my current work environment is that laid back and easy-going.

*Management:
I have been there for six months so I am in the process of applying for a management position! Especially considering that I have management experience and a proven track record from it.

*My co-workers:
My co-workers are very diversified, which I tend to like/enjoy. It makes for a much more interesting work environment!

*The hardest part of my job:
The most difficult part of my job is not being able to actually look and talk/communicate with my customers on a face to face level/basis.

*The most enjoyable part of my job:
The most enjoyable part of my job is to maintain my position as a top producer, making an average of 10 sales a day and a total daily revenue of over $10,000, of which I allot 2% commission from!
Branch Manager
Branch manager (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNApril 13, 2015
Very Fast paced Branch Manager job. Enjoyed working with co-worker and our customers. When I started at this branch it was sliding by but when I let it was the most profitable branch at TruGreen Landcare.
Awesome
Branch employment coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 9, 2015
Love working here, great hours, room to grow, understanding management and little to no supervision over my job. Love it.
Great group, Horrible management
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hours, management, compensation
Come in at at 11 a.m and have a 1 hour meeting, then break for lunch. Report to my first yard by 1:15and begin knocking on doors until 8 p.m then return to the office and make calls until 9 o'clock.

I learned about the best way to treat lawns and to have them thriving and as healthy as possible.

Management is very poor, the higher ups claim to have your back and your best interest but will turn on you in a heart beat.

The co-workers are great very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.

Most enjoyable part is the co-workers
Good company, poor work life balance, High staff turnover
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Loganville, GAApril 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough break times, six day working week 12 hours per day
Door to door selling
Overcoming objections
Inexperienced managers
friendly good people
hardest part is long days and weekend working
the best part of the role is meeting people
New upper management is a problem
Lawn technician (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAApril 3, 2015
There is a clear directive from upper management to eliminate tenured employees through unfavorable policy changes and pay reductions.
Meh
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 2, 2015
Not much room for advancement or an exciting industry. Good experience for learning an outside sales position as you are truly on your own, knocking on doors, etc

1 2 3 4 5

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries