TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

TruGreen
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Acworth, GAAugust 1, 2015
America's #1 LawnCare Company is a great place to work. Goal Driven! Goal Oriented! If you like cold calling 8hrs daily you'll love TruGreen!
Its An okay place to work.
Crew Supervisor (Current Employee), statham gaJuly 29, 2015
The pay is not that great, no benefits. The management talks to you like you are a dog. They have no respect for anyone, and only think about themselves.
Growing Company
Branch Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 27, 2015
Overall, TruGreen is a great company to work for. We have established a well-known name and reputation. The position of the BEC allows you to work closely with potential candiates that help shape the type of company this is. There are opportunties to work with the customers and learn everything you need to know about lawn care.
great company to work for
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Homewood, ALJuly 24, 2015
I never had a bad day at trugreen, always enjoyed coming to work and helping my guys get our properties completed. I also enjoy the physical aspect of the jobs, and seeing the completed project.
Worst Place I have Ever Worked At
Customer Relations Auditor (Former Employee), Plant City FlJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Nothing good about this place.
Cons: One second you are told one thing next day something else.
From the top to the bottom, they pretend to care but it's all about the numbers. A very hostile work environment, boss shows favoritism, no professionalism. No confidentiality, when the area supervisor says they are stupid what more can you expect.

Customers are pressured into giving the credit card number for services. Lies and Lies from the top to the bottom. This is a great place to work for if you are 18 yrs old, and no common sense. The will lay you off during the holidays.And maybe call you back.

Do not waste your time here, go in the parking lot and talk to any employee , they will tell you to run, run run!
Large lawn care facility
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJuly 15, 2015
Lawn care company that provided lawn services to thousands of customers during the spring, summer and fall seasons. They also provide tree care also.
nice place to work good people to work with
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: my Manager is AWESOME
Cons: The benefits
I like my job but pay is not that great for the amount I do and the vacation and benefits is not all that. Other companies that I have worked for offer personal and sick time not that I use it but it would be nice just in case like last year cause I had heart surgery and had to use my last week of vacation and it take to long to earn vacation first year you get 2 weeks then you have to wait 5 years to just get 3 weeks that is crazy. I work hard and ive been with the company almost 7 years and ive called out maybe 4 times something got to change I know im not the only one that feels like that trust me.
Relaxing yet sometimes strenuous
Lead Specialist (Current Employee), Kimberly, IDJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Outside work can be relaxing, Peers and leadership are easy to get along with.
Cons: Working with chemicals, Hot days can be stressful, Difficult to find and hire qualified people
TruGreen is a nice place to work. There are usually steady changes to company procedures from year to year but if you're adaptable, they're nothing much to worry about. I enjoy working outside. Management and peers are easy to get along with.
productive work place hard work
Lawn Care Turf Specialist (Former Employee), Irmo, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: No boss over your neck
Cons: Alot of working do in a days work sell trugreen routes are not looked over as needed
job routes could be better pay should be higher raises should be more or scaled differently but over all good job to have if you don't mine working IN ALL weather but less than 450.00 a week and being a tech /salesman you love it
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative/ Sales (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 13, 2015
Helping customer process payments and schedule orders for lawn service. Transferred them to the correct department when needed and handled high volume inbound calls
Typical seasonal job
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 9, 2015
Trugreen is a lawn care company. I was responsible for generating revenue through door to door sales of lawn care services.
Terrible place to work
SALES REP (Current Employee), TexasJuly 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management, work life balance, pay, incentive programs unreachable
Deceptive managers
extremely low compensation less than $100 a day and work 6 days a week (salary)
unethical treatment of both employees and customer
unfair advantages given to certain employees
no accountability for managers actions
no true opportunity for advancement

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! they will sell you on the job for a reason, if they told you the truth you wouldn't want to work there. They will tell you that you sound like a top tier sales person and that you will easily top 60 to 70 k, most people won't even get past about 32k. They will tell you that most leads are generated for you and absolutely none are. They tell each and every person the same story because they are desperate to fill all the chairs they empty out each year. They tell you it isn't a seasonal position when in all actuality it is. Over 95% of the branch level staff are laid off each year mid to end of year.

Don't even consider this place even if you are single with no family. You will add around 30k miles to your personal vehicle with no assistance on maintenance or wear and tear (you are told to write of the difference which does not benefit you since you will make less than 35k)

You will not be able to come in and make an average of 700 to 1500 a week. You will average about 550 to 600 a week without taxes and gas taken out. You'll take home $398 to $450 on the average week and not have time to do a second job to supplement your income.
Hard work with worth while compensation
Outside Salesman (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: get to be outside
Cons: short breaks
Lots of walking but worth it. I loved that I was outside most of my day and not behind a desk not knowing how the sun set looked that day.
Demanding fast paced work environment that is mentally and physically challenging
Production Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, very consistent work, solid employee recognition
Cons: can be some very long work weeks
Work days average around 9-12 hours per day. Very physically demanding especially when weather conditions become more extreme during summer and winter months. Have to be able to multitask and handle delicate customer service situations. Nashville service team is very dedicated and even though each member works independently in their own territory, they all help each other out to achieve a common goal. TruGreen as a whole does well at recognizing top performers and has a solid comp plan for production staff.
Loved this job
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: weekly pay and benefits and friendly co-workers
Cons: working in rain
If you love being outdoors then this is the place to be. I absolutely enjoyed seeing the results of the hard work I put in. My managers were phenomenal. I had to move or else I would still be there. I have nothing negative to say for the Loganville Branch
Enjoyment of working outdoors
Lawn care specialist (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Working outdoors
Cons: Management
A typical day consisted of going to different lawns on a route and servicing those lawns. I learned how to better work alone at this job being that I serviced the route by myself. The management at the office I was did not seem to care about their employees like I would hope for; however, I do not believe this is so at every office. My co-workers were great. We all worked together if one needed help. We would cover each other's routes if needed. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if overtime was going to be worked over the weekend until late in the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was being outdoors every day.
During heat of summer, this job could kill a person
Lawn Tech (Former Employee), Shawnee, KansasJune 30, 2015
Pros: Weekends off IF you hit you quota by Friday
Cons: working Saturday of you dont, the HEAT, lay off in winter
First off, you are required to wear a long sleeved, tan shirt, and thick dark green pants with thick rubber slip ons over your shoes. When it's spring time, this is no big deal. In mid summer, it's crazy!

You have to keep a certain pace of walk when doing the fert, which they teach you. You can't spray the lawns in the mid of summer, because the hear will evaporate the liquid before it does it's job, so you have to use a spreader and granular fert. The bad part about that, is loading the truck up in the AM with dozens of 40# bags of fert, and then unloading them to fill you spreader when needed.

The Service Managers will at time go out and 'ghost' you, which means they will find where you are, and sit down the street and watch you work, to see if you are doing it correctly (pace of walk when spraying/spreading, if you are actually doing the lawns, if you are using your weed killer, stuff like that)

That's all fine, you are supposed to do your job right, so if you aren't, and you get caught, that's on you.

Back to the heat. Your truck has no AC, just a flap on the roof to open to catch air, which is bogus, you have to eat lunch on the go, and you have to do a certain amount of lawns a week, to reach your dollar amount that is set for you on Monday, OR you have to come in on Saturday and do enough lawns to reach your quota. This is bad, because if you are a customer, do you really want a lawn person coming to you home, at 6AM on a Saturday morning, knocking on your door, and then walking around your yard? No. And the pay was only $500 a week, for sweating your butt off and running all over town
outside sales
Account Executive II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: outdoors
Cons: half day in office
generating new customers,cold calling,door to door,working outside,meeting new challenges,the freedom of being my own boss,leading team members.
great customer interaction good work environment
Sales (Former Employee), rapid city sdJune 24, 2015
Pros: commissions team
Cons: seasonal
great education on all products and continued training to better understand the company and what it stands for. management has a great open door policy and is very involved with everything going on in the business. very team oriented
Good job, good benefits
Residential Lawn Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons: Hours, Lay-Offs
Hours can be long, all about sales, can make some good money and benefits are pretty good, work with some good people but a lot of turnover

1 2 3 4 5

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries