TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace with friendly customers
Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Rushed, Hard directions
Working at True Green, you have a set route to on a weekly basis, with a set amount of stops. It is not difficult work, but it is time consuming if your yards aren't measured correctly. The co-workers are friendly, along with management.
Interesting place to work...
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at tru green... I gain plenty of experience that help obtain employment in other jobs. Learned many phase of the construction trade at an entry level.
Sales staff is great.
Field sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FlAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great sales staff
Cons: Too many hours
The hours did not work for my family. 6 days a week and 65 hours per week. This was door to door sales soliciting. I average 15.5 sales per week. I learned a lot about the company and programs offered.
A typical day at TruGreen consisted of morning safety meetings and then applying and selling it.
Sales Associate/Licensed pesticide applicator (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: There were a few pleasant woman in the office, occasionally cold drinks were paid for by the company, when it was above 90 degrees.
Cons: Working with chemicals so harsh, they can impose extremely serious health risks to you, and your family as well.
TruGreen dumped toxic chemicals all over the state, had leaks in there hoses, causing such chemicals to drip on the highways and local roads. Employment at TruGreen was a hypocrisy of sorts. There was – more... a high volume of drug abuse within the work environment. I learned that, despite what the laws state about pesticide application in the state of Massachusetts, TruGreen conducted activity that was clearly illegal. Our applicators were ordered under the severest of rain and flooding, to just keep dumping the pellets, or spraying the liquid. Most of my co-workers were potheads and absent of brain cells due to all the toxic exposure. Management: one manager was an alcoholic, one was a narcissist and the other was in it for himself only. The most difficult part of the job was a combination of sweltering summer days, with a subtle wind that would make the liquid fertillizer cover you from head to toe. The enjoyable part: being on the road, and as long as you hit your revenue goal for the day, nobody really bothered you. We just got yelled at a lot from customers because our sales department would call them four times a day, seven days a week, attempting to upsell more product that would yield no different results. – less
Enjoy my manager and co-workers
Sales Co-Manager/Sales Team Leader (Current Employee), Hudson, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Positive working environment
Cons: 60 hour weeks will equal $32, 000 a year.
Fun place, long hours (50-60 hours a week), and low pay. TruGreen would rather have a lot of turn over, as opposed to hiring great talent and retaining the top performers with better salary and compensation
plans.
A good jo with advancement potential.
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Set hours and days.
Cons: Lay off period due to seasonal limitations.
Decent hours, Saturdays off if mon-fri sales goals are met. Decent commissions and excellent training, Appropriate technology provided to accomplish tasks such as iPhones and desk top software.
It was a good work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great bosses, parties random times of the year
Cons: Weather
As Long as you do you're job the RIGHT WAY it's a very easy job to do, and everybody is pretty friendly coworkers, everybody is really chill and somebody you can have fun with on your down time
Descent Company
horticulture and Sales (Current Employee), Rogers ARAugust 19, 2015
Overall TruGreen is a descent company to work for. You do have to figure out a work life balance though because the job is very demanding of your time. I sometimes do not get home from work until 7 or 8pm after going in at 6:30 A.M.
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Lititz, PAAugust 19, 2015
Amazing leadership team. Lots of excellent support. The only drawback is the seasonal nature of the business. Other than that, it's an awesome company to work for!!
Looks can be deceiving
Field Representative (Former Employee), Irwindale, CaliforniaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Monitored bathroom breaks, gas reimbursements late, very poor training on products
All sales were door to door, with little training on products you were to sell. Minimal time for lunch and bathroom breaks while in the field. Alot of customer complaints. In general the worst company I have ever worked for even to the point where my direct manager quit due to the way things were being run.
worked too much for having a family to take care of
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Richland Hills, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: working all day long, sun up to sun down
working with salesmen is not an easy thing to do. working door to door in the Texas heat is aweful. Also having to compete for top sales put too much stress on me.
Short period but good experience.
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2015
For the short 3 months, I worked here, the job was enjoyable. But the doors were closed at the end of those 3 months. Management was great and accommodating, they tailored to any concerns that I had.
Great development and career opportunity
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Career development
Cons: Work life balance
TruGreen believes in development and promotion from within, however, once in a management role work life balance is sacrificed. Managers work 70+ hours and are required to work 6 days a week which leaves very little opportunity to balance a home life.
if you have no life at all work here
Route Manager/ Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: 30%off all services
Cons: you will be treated like a number they do not care about you or the customers
you start at 530am sit in a two hour meeting with management tell you don't know what you are doing they don't know why they hired you in the first place. all the employees get the same treatment if you work hard are not
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great hours and call center
Cons: no over time
Resolved customer concerns through the use of good listening skills, probing questions to determine root cause of the concern, and paraphrasing to check for understanding.
● Identified opportunities – more... and present additional services to existing customers based on customer needs and agronomic conditions.
● Handled angry customers by empathizing and determining the root cause and determining solution favorable for customer and company in a timely manner
● Created billing invoice and additional document requested by customer – less
corporate america
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), las vegas, nevadaAugust 10, 2015
i did not enjoy working in such a large nation wide company. i much prefer working for a mom and pop type company where the employee comes first and not the bottom line.
Positive work experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent Sales Manager. Very friendly and thoughtful employees.
Cons: Very long hours. Summer heat!
I did not last long (5 weeks) as a door-to-door salesman, but I started during the hottest summer time of year and with a bad knee.

I was very impressed by the quality of the training. The Sales – more... Manager was first rate. She really knows the business and made every effort to convey all that would be necessary to succeed. I learned more about selling in this job than I ever expected.

All of the employees were friendly and they helped each other as much as possible.

If you can handle tough weather and you want to learn to be a salesperson in a hurry this might be a job to consider. I would give the company a much higher rating if not for the hours. I'm grateful for the opportunity and wish my leg would have allowed me to continue. – less
Disorganized management team.
Lawn Technician (Current Employee), columbus, ohioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Working at your own pace.
Cons: Even at a high or fast pace you still work 13+ hrs. a day
When i first go in its an unorganized mess. People don't know what truck they are taking or if the truck works properly. Management will not hold up promises or take care of problems in a timely manner.
hard work
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHAugust 4, 2015
Pros: by yourself
Cons: hott
good job the only thing I didn't like about tru green is that your whole team weekly retentions percentage would never be it would suppose to be because you have over 40 people that don't all compete there job every day so you work hard for nothing in reality
TruGreen
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Acworth, GAAugust 1, 2015
America's #1 LawnCare Company is a great place to work. Goal Driven! Goal Oriented! If you like cold calling 8hrs daily you'll love TruGreen!
Headquarters