TruGreen Employee Reviews in United States

Very unorganized
Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 29, 2016
Equipment never worked properly, the equipment repairmen think they own the company and treat you like you're an idiot. When you let management know of an issue, they don't do anything about it until you threaten to leave. Then they act like the best manager in the world and try to make everything right. They also have filling techs who put the wrong pesticides in the trucks. Last year they killed the trees and shrubs on over 40 different properties.
Cons
No breaks or lunches
Not a place to work!!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Worked at Trugreen for a brief period as outside sales. There so called salary is bull----- They tell you you may occasionally work a half a day on Sat. Well it was a 60 hour a week job for a salary of 628.00 a week,Before taxes. Do the math 11.00 a hour and you working until 8pm every day.
Pros
Cons
Work you to death and you are jyst a dollar sign to them.
This company is very reputable, still!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 12, 2015
It amazes me to see how badly slackers can ruin the good reputation of a business and the level of LOW they are willing to go to to berate a great company like this one! Trugreen knows what it takes to make a lawn beautiful and if you choose this company for your lawn care, it will be a great investment. One problem is lazy, good-for-nothing slackers who infiltrate the company who once they are found out, do not accept the discipline they receive. Another issue can be if some customers are unwilling/unable to do their own part to follow our maintenance recommendations and therefore do not get the desired results.
I had to work hard to become good at my job. I never minded the hard work because I have good ethics. I will not work for anyone without doing my best.
It is so great that I have a manager who understands how difficult this position of Outside Sales can be. He makes our work environment fun and exciting. If it weren't for him, no one would be able to view this job as fun, exciting and rewarding.
Pros
Time alloted to re-group from extremely irrate customers
Cons
Poor ventilation, close proximity to others
nice place to work good people to work with
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2015
I like my job but pay is not that great for the amount I do and the vacation and benefits is not all that. Other companies that I have worked for offer personal and sick time not that I use it but it would be nice just in case like last year cause I had heart surgery and had to use my last week of vacation and it take to long to earn vacation first year you get 2 weeks then you have to wait 5 years to just get 3 weeks that is crazy. I work hard and ive been with the company almost 7 years and ive called out maybe 4 times something got to change I know im not the only one that feels like that trust me.
Pros
my Manager is AWESOME
Cons
The benefits
good place to work
Active Directory and Exchange Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2015
This is a good place to work. co-workers are great and policies\work life is great. They care about their employees and try to treat them fairly and with respect.
Pros
good culture
Cons
not a large envioronment
TruGreen
Field Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PANovember 24, 2015
TruGreen was a great company to work for. I worked out of the War-minster, Pa office last year. Management was very thorough in safety and education in lawn care service. I enjoyed working with the customers and solving their issues. When I don't have the answers to their questions, I was able to call my managers with a quick response.

A typical day was connecting with the customers. Listening and ensuring value added performance. This satisfied me the most. I believe in TruGreen's ethics.
Pros
Treating the job as if it were your own company.
Cons
equipment
Not for me but not a bad job.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2015
Very high stress job, I couldn't handle it. this was the job that taught me that there are jobs that are to hard. The weeks are 60+ hours, I wasn't told that when hired. They are very disorganized with the sales script. They say things like "Keep it up we may let you leave early." I was told this on 4 different occasions and never got to leave early. One occasion the sales manager said we could go but the branch manager disagreed so we were upset about that and we brought it to the sales manager and he gave us a extra 30 min break but it felt like I was being jerked around. They give false promises to keep you working. They said during the hiring process that we get to leave at the first sign of lightning and that they watch the weather where we are but Iv been caught in the rain 2 times and both times there was a lot of lightning. Then when I asked to come back in they say it will pass soon but that meant an hour of waiting in my car for it to pass over.
Pros
Communication between you and managers is good, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Communication between manager to manager is bad, 60 hour weeks
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHNovember 23, 2015
Worked there for 5 years , long hours but great pay. They have great benefits. Always gave you help to get your sales going. great benefits too.
productive work place
Residential Lawn Specialist ­ Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day was getting all work orders ready for the day. I dealt with people regarding their yards and how to maintain their lawn.
I learned the types of different grass there is and relayed that knowledge to my everyday work.
Pros
home at a decent hour most days
Cons
management downloaded work that was not quality work to my standards
Perfect job if you love walking a lot
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 31, 2016
Not a bad job if you enjoy walking about 12 miles a day.
Good management, montgomery trugreen stays on top.
Not much growth in company.
Pros
Working Mon-Thur, $13 starting pay
Cons
by yourself all day, lots of walking
Terrible work culture
Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Dishonest management.
Revolving door sales force.
Creepy religious policies.
They film you in company vehicles.

Overall, I met some really nice people there. The turnover is crazy. I worked there for only one season and went through 3 Managers. Good job for a young kid.
Pros
at least you have a job
Cons
everything about this company and services.
Challenging and exciting job!
Route Manager/Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNDecember 18, 2015
A typical day at work would involve a morning meeting with management then assisting new hires in getting their route and required equipment prepared for the day. After that, managing a scheduled route or breaking off said route to assist anyone that needs help completing their day. At the end of the day, contacting clients that have any questions or concerns and assisting new hires with paperwork and end of day duties.

I have been at this job for over seven years so I have learned quite a lot! Working as a team, beig adaptable in performing multiple job duties, multitasking, customer service, leadership and effective communication skills.

The management staff has been great! They communicate effectively and go out of their way to assist anybody that needs help. Easily the best management group I have ever worked for! Same can be said about my co-workers. The veterans consistently go out of their way to assist anyone that needs help in completing their tasks for the day. Very easy to get ahold of and always willing to help. Great team atmosphere!

The hardest part of my job would be the actual physicality of the work. It can be demanding at times especially in the dead heat of summer. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the management group and co-workers. With such a large group, it is easy to find someone to assist if you fall behind on your work for the day or if you have any specific questions. It has also been great learning several different jobs and gaining a vast knowledge about agronomics.
Pros
Management/co-worker, great benefits
Cons
Weather conditions can be challenging
Overall good employer, must enjoy accountability for all aspects of the job.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Fast paced environment, day goes by quickly. There are lots of hats to wear on a daily basis but that keeps the job interesting and offers the learning of many job skills.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment, outside work, generally good people to work with.
Cons
Work/Life balance for managers is difficult.
n/a
Senior Territory Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 21, 2016
A typical day includes a lot of walking and a little talking. The goal isn't to sell everyone, but only a few. However, you are expected to knock on every door in your neighborhood and the sales manager is following your every move and every knock. You will get called out and you will get written up if you are not doing so. They GPS your location and track even if you have to go to the bathroom. I am a very trustworthy person and believe in hard work paying off, but working for this company was a little hard for me. I felt like they where looking for you to make a wrong move. It wasn't a comforting feeling.
Pros
uncapped commission
Great company to work for.
Residential Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  wilkes-barre paOctober 13, 2015
Great compensation if you are a good seller. During peak season i earned 16,000 dollars in 2 1/2 months. The money is real.
Pros
Great pay if your a seller
Cons
Long hours during peak season.
It was a great place to work fun educational
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 26, 2015
I would take inbound customer service calls, make outbound collections calls, convince customers not to cancel their account if they wanted to cancel by explaining the benefits of the program. I would train new employees in accounts receivables and customer service.
Pros
I was well trained at my job that helped me train new employees
Cons
I didn't like it when they outsourced the office to another state
Hard work and determination are needed for this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ivyland, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Enjoy meeting people and helping them get the satisfaction
they desire. Selling door to door is a challenge. Not much
interaction with co-workers as we are all independent. Management
was young and still learning the ropes but gave good guidance.
Busy and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 19, 2016
Every day is busy from start to finish. As a customer service representative I was constantly on the phone to assist with any questions or concerns a customer may have. Inquiries range from schedule dates to retreating to saving a customer from cancelling services. The management was always available to assist with any concerns and if they didn't know the answer, they would find someone who would. The hardest aspect is dealing with unhappy customers. I have developed skills to help manage and resolve the situation in a professional and calm manner to provide the best customer experience.
Pros
Company dinners when reaching certain metric goals
Right from the start the opportunities were a falsehood.
Outside sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Too aggressive in their approach. In the Buffalo market the weather wouldn't break quick enough so the office was the place for long, long dialing & smiling all day long. You'll destroy your car & work long hours for meager pay. Stay away.
Terrible place to work
SALES REP (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 9, 2015
Deceptive managers
extremely low compensation less than $100 a day and work 6 days a week (salary)
unethical treatment of both employees and customer
unfair advantages given to certain employees
no accountability for managers actions
no true opportunity for advancement

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! they will sell you on the job for a reason, if they told you the truth you wouldn't want to work there. They will tell you that you sound like a top tier sales person and that you will easily top 60 to 70 k, most people won't even get past about 32k. They will tell you that most leads are generated for you and absolutely none are. They tell each and every person the same story because they are desperate to fill all the chairs they empty out each year. They tell you it isn't a seasonal position when in all actuality it is. Over 95% of the branch level staff are laid off each year mid to end of year.

Don't even consider this place even if you are single with no family. You will add around 30k miles to your personal vehicle with no assistance on maintenance or wear and tear (you are told to write of the difference which does not benefit you since you will make less than 35k)

You will not be able to come in and make an average of 700 to 1500 a week. You will average about 550 to 600 a week without taxes and gas taken out. You'll take home $398 to $450 on the average week and not have time to do a second job to supplement your income.
Pros
Cons
management, work life balance, pay, incentive programs unreachable