TruGreen Employee Reviews

Corporate greed
LAWN CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 13, 2018
They do not promote from within, they just transfer a manager from a different branch. Equipment is always broke, and they cry poverty when you ask. Managers sit around all day eating fast food and smoking, then complain they are busy. Can't afford to keep medical insurance over the winter, and they could care less. It's all about quantity, not quality, they expect you to do 30 or more lawns a day, so there's no way you can do a good job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Over 20 years of experience is giving this review.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 12, 2018
This is a company that says it wants employee input. But the branches managers don't just shut up and do your job. Good ideas are looked at as complaining. The hard workers are just that. They are not looked at for advancement. People with less then a years experience are looked at for management. Not the senior technicians. if you take this job just remember there's No future in it.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Advocate / Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 12, 2018
The day began with inbound calls about service, Learned how to maintain a green lawn year around. Management was not all that it appeared to be in that they did not back the employees as they claimed too. Found that you had to always look over your shoulder in order to keep your position.
Workplace culture was stressful at times depending on the time of year. Hardest part of the position was dealing with other employees not so much the customers, If certain employees did not like the way that you did your job things would be done to make you want to leave.
Benefits
Cons
Having to be a part of the company Click
Poor Company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Hours were rigid, demands were unreasonable, and no support from corporate. After TruGreen took over for ChemLawn, it became less about what's good for the customer, and more about selling as much as possible to maximize profits.
work all day in various weather conditions
Sales rep/Lawn technichian - spent time as a door (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 11, 2018
would have to work in the rain, extreme, cold and pretty much any weather that was not snow or lightening. Very long hours and few incentives to offset that aspect.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
style of work, hours, management
Great job!! Compensated well if you work hard!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2018
I love this job. The environment here is like nothing I’ve experienced before. If you have ever felt like you weren’t paid fairly for your work and you enjoy being outside meeting new people you need to try this. I had zero sales experience or lawn care knowledge and they trained me to do it. There were a few weeks I earned over $1000 in commissions plus my base pay but those numbers went way up my second year and forward. You are held accountable for your numbers and I like that. They also pay me back for gas which is a bonus. There is a possibility of layoff in the winter (which I usually volunteer for because I make enough the rest of the year) which is nice so I can spend time with family over the holidays.
Pros
Sales contest and great commissions, Hands on managers that don’t micro-manage. Advancement opportunities
Cons
A lot of hours in spring time but also busy and making sales
Interesting Place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2018
First job in sales as a door to door. Long hours and lots of walking and driving. Really tests your sales ability. Must be physically fit and not have any leg or ankle issues.
Lots of work with little pay
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2018
You work very long hours. You work six days a week and they expect you to fulfill all your 40 stops a day and up sale customers and make new customers.
Fast paced and fun environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Start out the day at the office getting everything ready for the day either in office or in the field. Morning meeting and training before we go. The management team is very supportive. If you want to go forward into the company then they will do what it takes to get you there. they will train you and help you succeed. The team you work with becomes like family. you get to know them on a first name basis and they will help and keep moral up. This is important when you have your bad days or customers are being very difficult.
Pros
friendly enviroment, great benefits
Cons
A good job if you like to work outside
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Working outside. Interactions with customers. Taking pride in watching your work throughout the summer. Learning new ways of doing your job each year
Work around a lot of chemicals
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 9, 2018
Very heavy workload put on you. Equipment is not up to par and makes it difficult to get the job done correctly. Management is hard on you and no home life.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No home life and crappie equipment
All about the money
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2018
Only worried about how much money you are making the company and how potential new customers you sign and talk to. They are all about numbers and they will remind you of that at daily meetings before you start your day. Equipment is always broke and they dont care.
Good Experience overall
Senior Sales Consultant/Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Day started late morning and worked until dark as it was door knocking in the Field and Calls from office when not in the Field. Knocking on doors of current customers was both good and challenging depending on satisfaction of customer and cold calling was challenging depending on condition of lawn and mood of person who answered the door. Overall management was supportive and helpful and culture was positive with the core people that had been there 6 months or more. Hardest part of job was insuring customer service matched the services being sold. Being in the outdoors and the fellow workers and the good energy of certain people on the team.

My motto in life is give Good Energy to others even when they do not give it back and blessing's follow.
Pros
late start in day freed up morning for personal needs and rest as well.
Cons
weather at times
Poor place to work
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Horrible compensation, Horrible Management, Horrible Benefits, SellSellSell if you don't sell you get reamed out and forced to sit in branch and call customers to try to cold sell to customers that may already be disgruntled
Great company
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  New England, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Great company with okay benefits and management makes it worth the while. I like that they have days dedicated to CSR's and constantly show appreciation.
Its like a second family
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 7, 2018
Its a fast paced and very physically demanding job, but the fact you are at a different place every day makes it bearable as its not monotonous work. The coworkers are like family and will help you out at the drop of a hat.
Had a great time!
Area Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
Had a great run with my team. We rose company value 17% in a season. Was around for merger. Great summer job if tour a people person. Salary and Commision.
Pros
Salary and commission
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times
It used to be a good place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 7, 2018
Within the last few years this place has gone downhill due to management. The last three years I've gone through five sales managers. and have gone through 6 branch managers in The Last 5 Years. Currently that place I would not recommend for anyone to work.
I worked there for almost 11 years and was let go due to unforeseen reasons.
Nest job I've ever had!
Field Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 4, 2018
In a short time with Trugreen I have been well respected and have had many opportunities to advance. I enjoy the atmosphere and comradely among my coworkers and look forward to going to work every day. I have often been heard in the office chiming "Best job I've ever had"
Fast pace for a person starting a career
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2018
This was a career move for me in earlylife, but an accident with liability cost me advancement for the remaining time T was there. I learned a lot with fertilizers and pesticides,plant life and interactions with the environment. hours and responsibility were long; Solved
problems with equipment, horticulture and turf, personnel, office and management issues.
Pros
Pay, on your own work environment
Cons
Hours, customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.