TruGreen Employee Reviews

Found 1,334 reviews matching the search
Good place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 2, 2017
Competitive and fun place to work and make commission if you can sell. Flexible hours and good benefits. If you can grind out sales, you will do well!
Decent company
Director, HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2017
TruGreen has gone through a lot of changes and is a bit exhausting to work for, but in general people are trying hard to make it work and it's a good company.
Not a place I would recommend
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 2, 2017
Had us working all day for bad pay, I was getting paid less than other people due to "a wage decrease" when new hires were hired on at a higher pay rate. Benefits were super expensive in comparison to what we were paid.
Above average but company needs improvement
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 1, 2017
My sales manager is fantastic. My fellow employees are very helpful and supportive. The hours are consistent. It's always intriguing learning new things.
seasonal
Certified Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 1, 2017
This job was ok other than the fact that in the summer none of out trucks had air conditioner so we had to ride around with the windows down. It was very money driven.
The company cares about the customers
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLMay 31, 2017
My typical day at work would be 30+ houses to spray. I learned at Trugreen that there is different types of fertilizer. The management at Trugreen is good but at times can be quite hard. My workplace culture is caring and understanding. The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude costumers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things, taking care of different lawns and making sales.
Pros
Working outside, making customers happy
Cons
Fixing other peoples mistakes
Good
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 31, 2017
It's like a second family, and they are always giving back. The people are genuine and the company really tries to set a positive environment for employees as well as customers.
Micromanagement
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 31, 2017
Great money...if you can handle the managers staring over your shoulders and bullying the weaker employees. The threat of losing your job consistently was also unappealing.
Great company with poor follow through to employees
Customer services- auditor- collector (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 31, 2017
Very good team enviroment. Very supportive management. I feel corporate and branch communication and cooperation was great. I loved feeling like post of our branch, even though I was corporate.
Good workplace culture in a fast-paced work environment
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2017
Typical workday starts at the office to receive your work route for the day and load truck with supplies for the day. The rest of the day consisted of performing aeration and over-seeds with an hour lunch. How to use an aerator and general knowledge of grass seed and types of weeds and lawn pests. TruGreen was a fast-paced workplace that encouraged a competitiveness for employee sales. The hardest part of the job was doing the job in the summer with the heat. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers to provide an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Being outside, commision on new sales
Cons
Very physical work, Seasonal
just one guys opinion
lawn service specialist (Current Employee) –  Nevada, MOMay 29, 2017
Hard work, but not difficult to understand. easy to pick up but difficult to sustain for long hours. it gets taxing and it can take time to become proficient and fast but it can be very rewarding.
A great place to work
Outdoor Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
The hours are great and I love the pay! My co workers are so fun and nice! I love working with everyone and going door to door speaking with new customers
So many opportunities
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 28, 2017
Decent pay. Good work environment. Be your own boss. Decent benefits. Good training. Keep in shape. Chance to make great relationships with customers.
Busy kinda chaotic
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 27, 2017
My day consist of answering phones, taking complaints from customers and try to resolve in a one call resolution. Hardest part of my job is not feeling appreciated. I know it's not my job to be compensated but to have what I do acknowledged and paid accordingly.
Pros
I have learned to be more opened and able to speak to customers better
Cons
no accountability, no place for advancement
not the ideal place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 27, 2017
The management puts a lot of pressure on people to meet their numbers and expectations. Their is a lot of stress with this job! Not a fun work environment. They try and give a good first impression that they are like a family environment, then when people find out what's really going on they leave! They pay lower than other businesses that are in the phone sales industry. They try and make sure that you are trained well with 2 weeks training, but it needs to be 3 weeks.
Pros
Try to be a family environment
Cons
stressful environment, low pay
Not the best of places..
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2017
You'll use your own car, you will not get paid $536 every week unless you make $2500 in sales that first week, if you do so you'll only get 2.5% commission. Trust yourself not your team, they feed you that and lie right behind your back. They're two faced and care about theirselves. I have watched 8 people walk from this job in less than 2 months. If your desperate for a job I'd understand but please stay away from here. Only pro I can think off the top of my head is when you're on your own talking to customers and people from different backgrounds.
Pros
hour lunch, talking to cool people
Cons
to many to mention..
Gone Green for Life
Executive Admin II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMay 27, 2017
flex schedules would be amazing, early dismissals on fridays even better. Gym on site or near corporate locations are a plus. On site or near site child care with other co-workers children.
Basically grass military
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 26, 2017
Idk but they will keep you right till your 90 day probation is up, then let you go because they underestimate the Rich's lawns, then overestimate smaller lawns to make up for it, If you are on rich route, can not do good job and in time allowed. If you want to work for them, get inner city route driving will be harder but at least you will have time to eat lunch and go to bathroom. If you get rich people route, do not attempt to do perfect job on their lawns that have been underestimated. Do half job and go to next one if you want to keep your job. Also you probably shouldn't be colored or woman.
Pros
None, except maybe dieing sooner from being soaked in pesticides all day.
Cons
Everything except maybe dieing sooner
TruGreen is a great place to start a career.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMay 25, 2017
Great income potential, your performance determines your paycheck. TruGreen does an excellent job of training and helping individuals grow their career if you are willing to put the time in.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAMay 25, 2017
The Great working atmosphere ,relatable mangers and supervisors and great number of individuals I work ...... the opportunity
of Making money.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9