TruGreen Employee Reviews in United States

If you want no life, or an excuse to end it
Applicator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 10, 2016
I don't think, with the current state of this company, it could get much better than what I experienced. Oh man was it bad. 12 hour days sprung on you - day of, or 5 days in a row. Poor communication between upper and middle management. Managers are hired and fired like the plague. Sales becoming the only thing that matters. unethical practices like performing services without consent. Or being required to aerate peoples lawns without marking for sprinklers, just to save time. Customers getting gouged with crazy expensive services from people barely trained to diagnose problems. Oh and my favorite, a fancy auto-scheduling system that auto-calls customers the night before, scheduling services they don't want, saying "sometime between 7am and 5pm, we will do the service". So they call in the morning b4 work, get put on hold for 45 minutes till their cut-off, 6 hours later you show-up. Meanwhile upper management doesn't have a clue why the customer base is plummeting. So they're looking for someone to hang all the time. And any number of money-centric disfunctional practices that caused me to frantically quit this job ASAP..
Pros
Cons
OMG
Good Job,Only available half the year.
Neighborhood Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 1, 2016
It's a great place to work if you don't mind door-to-door sales. It really creates a visual for the law of averages as you knock those 20 doors for those 2 awesome future customers. The management is really supportive and your peers will help you stay at the job with roleplaying and a sharing of sales tactics. Sadly, at December you find yourself out of a job for 3-5 months depending on winters duration.
Pros
All around great job
Cons
Seasonal
Answered Phones ,Put Datat Into The Data Base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 22, 2016
I Walk In I Sign In Clock in Then I Start Making Phone Calls To Customers So They Can Make Payments. I Learned Patience And Communicating Better With Customers . My Mg Was Helpful At Some Times But She Could Care About Her Employees More. My Co-workers Where Helpful And If You Needed Help They Always Had A Helping Hand . The Hardest Was Dealing With Rude Customers And The Most Enjoyable Part Was Getting Paid Every Friday.
Competitive workplace with very nice breakroom
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
i learned a lot about lawn care but also a lot about myself. This job is definitely a work in progress. they are still changing their systems and adapting to their growing company making changes as needed. however in this process some are forgotten and left behind forced to figure some things out on their own using their peers or simple common sense.
Pros
good commission pay
Cons
management staff on different levels of understanding as to whats going on.
Hard work and determination are needed for this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ivyland, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Enjoy meeting people and helping them get the satisfaction
they desire. Selling door to door is a challenge. Not much
interaction with co-workers as we are all independent. Management
was young and still learning the ropes but gave good guidance.
TruGreen
Field Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PANovember 24, 2015
TruGreen was a great company to work for. I worked out of the War-minster, Pa office last year. Management was very thorough in safety and education in lawn care service. I enjoyed working with the customers and solving their issues. When I don't have the answers to their questions, I was able to call my managers with a quick response.

A typical day was connecting with the customers. Listening and ensuring value added performance. This satisfied me the most. I believe in TruGreen's ethics.
Pros
Treating the job as if it were your own company.
Cons
equipment
Dishonest from the start
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 21, 2016
Probably the worst employment of my career. Training is terrible in that they teach you very little. They supply you with faulty equipment, and deprive you of the tools you need to be successful. They set you up to fail from the beginning. They state that its a 4 day work week but its mandatory overtime every week because they cant retain employees and are short staffed. Management doesn't care about the employee
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Work like animals
Overall good employer, must enjoy accountability for all aspects of the job.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Fast paced environment, day goes by quickly. There are lots of hats to wear on a daily basis but that keeps the job interesting and offers the learning of many job skills.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment, outside work, generally good people to work with.
Cons
Work/Life balance for managers is difficult.
Customer Care Coordinator at TruGreen
Sales (Promoted) Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJune 2, 2016
This was by far one of my favorite environment's and team to work with. It breaks my heart that the position is discontinued. But the employment is Seasonal. Awesome group to worth with and work for. I rate this company as an overall work place. A+.

Team ethics. Employee fairness. Customer Service to the fullest degree. This particular office makes me really miss those days.

Thank You TruGreen.
Pros
Amazing Team Work
good place to work
Active Directory and Exchange Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2015
This is a good place to work. co-workers are great and policies\work life is great. They care about their employees and try to treat them fairly and with respect.
Pros
good culture
Cons
not a large envioronment
good crew and training program
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  rockord illinoisMay 25, 2016
Hours are terrible, noon till 9 pm. Gotta go door to door knocking and begging for business. You may get 2 out of 100 customers on a good day. Pay is terrible, you gotta really get lucky. Oh and you have to answer phones all night like a telemarketing nut job and bother people after dinner. Gotta drive your own car and mileage is like 20 cents a mile. Other than that good luck
Pros
good crew and training program
Cons
noon till 9pm and every sat 9 to 1
Not honest
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2016
Interview was very misleading. Hours were were worse than presented. Company has a terrible reputation. Compensation is awful for the work you put in. Do not waste time.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything.
nice place to work good people to work with
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2015
I like my job but pay is not that great for the amount I do and the vacation and benefits is not all that. Other companies that I have worked for offer personal and sick time not that I use it but it would be nice just in case like last year cause I had heart surgery and had to use my last week of vacation and it take to long to earn vacation first year you get 2 weeks then you have to wait 5 years to just get 3 weeks that is crazy. I work hard and ive been with the company almost 7 years and ive called out maybe 4 times something got to change I know im not the only one that feels like that trust me.
Pros
my Manager is AWESOME
Cons
The benefits
Right from the start the opportunities were a falsehood.
Outside sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Too aggressive in their approach. In the Buffalo market the weather wouldn't break quick enough so the office was the place for long, long dialing & smiling all day long. You'll destroy your car & work long hours for meager pay. Stay away.
Challenging and exciting job!
Route Manager/Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNDecember 18, 2015
A typical day at work would involve a morning meeting with management then assisting new hires in getting their route and required equipment prepared for the day. After that, managing a scheduled route or breaking off said route to assist anyone that needs help completing their day. At the end of the day, contacting clients that have any questions or concerns and assisting new hires with paperwork and end of day duties.

I have been at this job for over seven years so I have learned quite a lot! Working as a team, beig adaptable in performing multiple job duties, multitasking, customer service, leadership and effective communication skills.

The management staff has been great! They communicate effectively and go out of their way to assist anybody that needs help. Easily the best management group I have ever worked for! Same can be said about my co-workers. The veterans consistently go out of their way to assist anyone that needs help in completing their tasks for the day. Very easy to get ahold of and always willing to help. Great team atmosphere!

The hardest part of my job would be the actual physicality of the work. It can be demanding at times especially in the dead heat of summer. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the management group and co-workers. With such a large group, it is easy to find someone to assist if you fall behind on your work for the day or if you have any specific questions. It has also been great learning several different jobs and gaining a vast knowledge about agronomics.
Pros
Management/co-worker, great benefits
Cons
Weather conditions can be challenging
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHNovember 23, 2015
Worked there for 5 years , long hours but great pay. They have great benefits. Always gave you help to get your sales going. great benefits too.
it was fun to work around different people
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 5, 2016
its a very demanding job both physically and mentally,you must maintain a good pace in order to keep up.i learned time management skills the co workers are great and the most enjoyable you get to work outside
Pros
you work alone
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Learn Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 6, 2016
The sales team here works together to reach a goal. Unlike other companies where people compete for customers coming in the door, your next lead is as close as the next house.

Paid training is available, so this can be your first job in sales and you can excel because Trugreen has been doing this so long the coaching is great.

If you enjoy being outside and talking to people, this is the job for you.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy being outdoors with customers
Not for me but not a bad job.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2015
Very high stress job, I couldn't handle it. this was the job that taught me that there are jobs that are to hard. The weeks are 60+ hours, I wasn't told that when hired. They are very disorganized with the sales script. They say things like "Keep it up we may let you leave early." I was told this on 4 different occasions and never got to leave early. One occasion the sales manager said we could go but the branch manager disagreed so we were upset about that and we brought it to the sales manager and he gave us a extra 30 min break but it felt like I was being jerked around. They give false promises to keep you working. They said during the hiring process that we get to leave at the first sign of lightning and that they watch the weather where we are but Iv been caught in the rain 2 times and both times there was a lot of lightning. Then when I asked to come back in they say it will pass soon but that meant an hour of waiting in my car for it to pass over.
Pros
Communication between you and managers is good, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Communication between manager to manager is bad, 60 hour weeks
Fun Work Enviornment
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 7, 2016
A typical work day included calling current and non customer's to sell products. I learned about how to care for a lawn. The management was okay for the most part. The hardest part of the job was not being able to make money. $12 per hour is not a good way to live. I enjoyed the people but the job was one of the worst I have had.
Cons
if you can get inbound calls you can more than double your hourly rate

2.9