TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

Productive place to work with a ping pong table! :-)
SERVICE PLANNER (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: branch meetings were meant for free food, and a few minutes for socializing
Cons: just like in any job, there are difficult people, and this job is no different.
This is one of the best places I have ever worked, the management teams are remarkable and easy to approach if issues rise. Job duties are easy to accomplish and if there are issues, there is always someone with a hand to reach out to. I loved the conference calls that we had once a week with our teams to make sure everyone was on the same page and there trying to attain the same goals. The absolute hardest part of the job was pleasing 4 different team of managers, day after day.
Enjoyable interaction with customers
Commercial Route Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: customer service, working outdoors and the enjoyment of being able to see a job well done.
Cons: too much driving and hot summer days
At TruGreen I treated commercial and residential lawns and landscapes for weeds and pests. I would work my route each day, keeping in close contact with my customers while providing excellent service.

The typical day would be 10-12 hours long and would include keeping track of my chemical usage, inventory and problem-solving any issues I may run across in regards to customer concerns about their landscape.

The most enjoyable part about my job was the opportunity to see and talk to my customers in person and the ability to work outdoors.
Great place to work if you love being outside
Route Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: working in harsh weather conditions
TruGreen is very focused on making sure that you have a good work/home balance. They also strive to compensate you for the work that you do.
great place to work
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
i love everything about trugreen. the ppl are great if there ever is a problem it is always solved on time. i have nothing bad to say
Very concerned with employee and customer satisfaction
General Manager in Training (Current Employee), NY/NJFebruary 15, 2015
This company is one of the most concerned with employee job satisfaction as well as customer satisfaction. Their management job training is extremely thorough and has the candidate go through a psychological and aptitude assessment as well as performing all jobs.
Great Job
High Potential Lawn Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: tons of hours
Cons: pay
Tons of hours, Pay not so great but fair... Very long days at times, bad weather etc. Management is great.. 630-430 work days
Manager taught me alot, good company with great benefits.
Outside sales rep (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: job culture, good money during spring and summer, management continually focuses on sales training and employees grow a lot, old fashioned company with great health insurance and company values.
Cons: seasonal work, door-to-door, dealing with extremes of weather, long hours, six day work week, they don't necessarily paint the full picture that this is a seasonal job during hiring.
Trugreen is one of the only companies left who offer Blue Cross Blue Shield traditional health insurance. Management really cares about employees and there is ongoing sales training. I learned a lot. During Spring and Summer months, a top sales rep can make up to 1,000$ per week with the base salary plus commission on sales. I was the top preseason rep and in the top four during the door-to-door season. My stats dropped way down in summer because I am not heat tolerant, which is why I ultimately left. Mandatory lay offs occur in lawn care jobs from beginning November thru end of Feb. This is also difficult for some people financially.
It's Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDFebruary 11, 2015
Honestly, this job feels like school. Coming into this job and having no history of direct sales it is stressful. Everyone is always listening and it really is kind of intimidating. We are told when to go on breaks and lunch, unlike other jobs when you know when you have a break you just go. Also, there needs to be allot of discipline with management. Oh, and your hours can change at anytime, you honestly don't know what time you leave until they tell you. Hello, there are people out here with families that love them and ensures their safety.
not a great place to work
Customer relation specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: short breaks
people that works there are nice people but the management is a different story
very bossy regional area supervisor and very nit picky. she pretends to be considerate but she's really not.

since it's all goal oriented they make you do things that are uncomfortable and unnerving to you and things you don't want other's to do to you on the phone. just to reach a sale goal

after awhile it will make you feel desensitize of how you treat your customer over the phone.
friendly
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere, co workers were a pleasant to work with. Also the company had some nice contest to win prizes and trips.
no fun
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), marietta gaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: you wont be mqjorty
cant make incentives
30 min lunch
did get to listen to music
train faster then you can catch up. harassment all day.
no advancement opp. bosses drive you into the dirt. no room to breathe
The generally care about people development and customer saisfaction
General Manager in Training (Current Employee), NJFebruary 2, 2015
It is the lawn care business and the compensation packages are very good.The are emerging from under the Servicemaster umbrella into a stand alone company
challenging work with rewards when clients were helped
INSIDE SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no time for family
Very busy work environment where I learned sales and customer service skills. Management was fairly supportive and co-workers were very team oriented. The hardest part of the job was to always get sales and service personnel on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a rapport with clients and solving their concerns.
Tyical day at TruGreen
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee), Austell,GaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, benefits
Cons: none to report
Upon arrival in the morning and we receive our daily workload, we then venture out to our trucks to prepare ourselves to leave for our routes. My particular route was located in Fayetteville, Ga. Most days, I enjoyed the ride, however the location, area rather, I worked in made it challenging everyday. Not that I could not handle the work, matter of fact the work was rather easy. It was the fact that the company itself, or management rather, put us in not the best of situations. So, I would have to resort back to what a former Manager used to always tell us, "Adapt, Improvise and Overcome." When we didn't have the chemicals to spray for weeds (which was most always), when our equipment was not in proper working order (again in most situations) or when the weather just did not want to cooperate, I still found a way to finish my workload, without shortcuts, that is unless the truck I was driving broke down, then it became a whole new challenge within itself.
GOOD JOB COMPANY OCC UNORGANIZED IT WAS A SEASONAL JOB
LAWN CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: worked on my own
Cons: working in the heat with long sleaves and long pants weather and seasonal position
WAS GIVEN MY PROPERTIES THAT NEEDED TREATED WORKED INDEPENDENTLY HARD JOB LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT EVER SUMMER ALOT OF WALKING WANTED A FULL TIME JOB WENT BACK TO SCHOOL
Great medical benefits
Telesales Associate (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I learned the basic sales skills. The hardest part was dealing with difficult callers. The most enjoyable part was commission during peak season.
Great team of people to work with and a great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: no job security, no benefits
I loved the job as I had a lot of different responsibilities so it gave me an opportunity to gain experience in several different positions.
Horrible management
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: rush, rush.
Terrible place to work. Nothing but con game. No support from managers.
productive
Registered tech (Current Employee), VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work by yourself
Cons: the weather
A good company but it just has lay offs at the end of the year. You work with some really knowledgeable people and the work itself is not that complicated. Overall Trugreen is a place if you want to learn horticulture and agronomics at its best.
Poor
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2015
I would not work here again quite frankly, no respect in the work place.

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries