TruGreen Employee Reviews

Productive always busy
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2018
I was hired as a lawn tech for the end of the season for fertilization and the company was a good place to work everyone was supportive at all times and would go back if called.
Unethical in every way
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2018
I worked for TG for over 3 years in branch sales management. The company would lie cut chemicals blame customers not satisfied problems would lose more customers and we could sell to retain it was a horrible environment high pressure no team, comradity
Pros
Advancment
Cons
You will be asked to be unethical in every way
"Hard work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
seasonal employee (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MIJanuary 18, 2018
Hard work but decent pay. The seasonal aspect is nice. Expect to work 50-70 hours a week, sometimes through Saturday. But being laid off mid November - March is nice little vacation to be with family and re charge the batteries.
Pros
Weekly pay. overtime is great
Cons
they have a very obvious quantity vs quality issue. 40 stops a day generally
To each its own
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 17, 2018
Trugreen is a good work environment for people who love nature and outdoor sceneries, to folks with sensitive skin please be advised the chemical intake that penetrates on the hours your working it is hazardous
Awesome job! Fun management, and great hours!
Inside Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working for TruGreen! It was an amazing place to grow, but my position was dissolved at the location I worked at. I am considering returning to TruGreen this season as an outside sales associate, but I haven't decided if I like sunshine that much yet lol. My boss was awesome and the whole company was there to help when I had a question.
Most stressful job I’ve ever had
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I am amazed that there are any positive reviews especially for this location. Pay is great but they operate like it’s 1990. You are required to constantly call the same numbers that belong to customers who canceled 5+ years ago. It’s absolutely ridiculous! This is off off pages of paper that are usually duplicates. These customers are extremely upset and feel harassed. The call center uses the same resources resulting in even more duplicate calls. You are called into the office at least weekly for “couch” which really means allowing the manager to pick apart calls you were required to record on a recorder from the 90’s. You are constantly being threatened with termination if you don’t make 5+ sales per week which is next to impossible. After four months I walked out the front door.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Daily routine of a typical Trugreen workday
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Arrive at work, view your manifest for the day. Get truck ready for the day. Meetings on Tuesday. Start route. Apply appropriate chemicals to the lawn, insecticide, pesticide, fungicide, liquid or granular fertilizer. Return to shop when your route is done. Keep truck in working order and clean aka checking oil, tires, a/c ect.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
TruGreen review pros and cons
Branch Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Compensation and opportunity are the best things about TruGreen. Benefits and flexible work schedule is also a huge plus. Vacations are nice and included
Corporate greed
LAWN CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 13, 2018
They do not promote from within, they just transfer a manager from a different branch. Equipment is always broke, and they cry poverty when you ask. Managers sit around all day eating fast food and smoking, then complain they are busy. Can't afford to keep medical insurance over the winter, and they could care less. It's all about quantity, not quality, they expect you to do 30 or more lawns a day, so there's no way you can do a good job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Over 20 years of experience is giving this review.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 12, 2018
This is a company that says it wants employee input. But the branches managers don't just shut up and do your job. Good ideas are looked at as complaining. The hard workers are just that. They are not looked at for advancement. People with less then a years experience are looked at for management. Not the senior technicians. if you take this job just remember there's No future in it.

Want to know more about TruGreen?

Ask a question
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Advocate / Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 12, 2018
The day began with inbound calls about service, Learned how to maintain a green lawn year around. Management was not all that it appeared to be in that they did not back the employees as they claimed too. Found that you had to always look over your shoulder in order to keep your position.
Workplace culture was stressful at times depending on the time of year. Hardest part of the position was dealing with other employees not so much the customers, If certain employees did not like the way that you did your job things would be done to make you want to leave.
Benefits
Cons
Having to be a part of the company Click
Poor Company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Hours were rigid, demands were unreasonable, and no support from corporate. After TruGreen took over for ChemLawn, it became less about what's good for the customer, and more about selling as much as possible to maximize profits.
work all day in various weather conditions
Sales rep/Lawn technichian - spent time as a door (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 11, 2018
would have to work in the rain, extreme, cold and pretty much any weather that was not snow or lightening. Very long hours and few incentives to offset that aspect.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
style of work, hours, management
Great job!! Compensated well if you work hard!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2018
I love this job. The environment here is like nothing I’ve experienced before. If you have ever felt like you weren’t paid fairly for your work and you enjoy being outside meeting new people you need to try this. I had zero sales experience or lawn care knowledge and they trained me to do it. There were a few weeks I earned over $1000 in commissions plus my base pay but those numbers went way up my second year and forward. You are held accountable for your numbers and I like that. They also pay me back for gas which is a bonus. There is a possibility of layoff in the winter (which I usually volunteer for because I make enough the rest of the year) which is nice so I can spend time with family over the holidays.
Pros
Sales contest and great commissions, Hands on managers that don’t micro-manage. Advancement opportunities
Cons
A lot of hours in spring time but also busy and making sales
Interesting Place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2018
First job in sales as a door to door. Long hours and lots of walking and driving. Really tests your sales ability. Must be physically fit and not have any leg or ankle issues.
Lots of work with little pay
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2018
You work very long hours. You work six days a week and they expect you to fulfill all your 40 stops a day and up sale customers and make new customers.
Fast paced and fun environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Start out the day at the office getting everything ready for the day either in office or in the field. Morning meeting and training before we go. The management team is very supportive. If you want to go forward into the company then they will do what it takes to get you there. they will train you and help you succeed. The team you work with becomes like family. you get to know them on a first name basis and they will help and keep moral up. This is important when you have your bad days or customers are being very difficult.
Pros
friendly enviroment, great benefits
Cons
A good job if you like to work outside
Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Working outside. Interactions with customers. Taking pride in watching your work throughout the summer. Learning new ways of doing your job each year
Work around a lot of chemicals
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 9, 2018
Very heavy workload put on you. Equipment is not up to par and makes it difficult to get the job done correctly. Management is hard on you and no home life.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No home life and crappie equipment
All about the money
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2018
Only worried about how much money you are making the company and how potential new customers you sign and talk to. They are all about numbers and they will remind you of that at daily meetings before you start your day. Equipment is always broke and they dont care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.