TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

Meh
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 2, 2015
Not much room for advancement or an exciting industry. Good experience for learning an outside sales position as you are truly on your own, knocking on doors, etc
Hot Days and Long Roads
Lawn Specialist/ Sales Rep (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Bonus & Sales
Cons: Drought
The smell of chemicals on fescue grass. residential lawn specialist inspecting lawns for weeds. Door to door sales. Boss was great. Coworkers where like brothers.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Sales Representative (Former Employee), SAINT LOUISMarch 31, 2015
Working at TruGreen, under converges was a great experience. I was the top salesman for the time I worked there for inbound and outbound sales calls, pitching premium lawn care services and products. It was a very fast paced environment, I also assisted trainers in the new hire environment, showing them different techniques of selling , even if they had no clue what the product was or consisted of. I let it be known that selling is mostly up to you and your personality along with the ability to build rapport and highlight what the product will do for the customer and how it will make there situation better and how to ultimately close the sale.
Trugreen
Lawn Tech (Current Employee), Vero BeachMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great sales comission
Cons: not enough to take a lunch always on the run
The job itself is not hard have to drink plenty of water we may get up to 25 stops in day will have to make sure to read the notes on the account for any special notes. Learn the different types of grass and weeds through the lawn and different type of turf damage insect like chinch bug, sod web worms and grubs. Coworker are great nice and easy going manager are nice. What make the job hard is maybe the heat in the summer and the walking all day and now it is also the demand of making a sale once a week with a lot of stops and very little time and most come back with 95 percent complete no less then that sale is not a problem but when little time and lot of stops it makes it difficult
live outside with customers!!
Route Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, being outside, getting alot of excersize.
Cons: long hours, working in the elements, rude customers.
A typical day at work for me is arriving at the office around 630am - 730 am and picking up my truck and route. I check my route for any new customers that were added the night before. I leave the branch to my first customers house. Throughout the day I talk to my clients and treat their properties. If a neighbor or somebody in the neighborhood wants service I give them a free estimate and sell them service if they are interested. The best part of my job is watching the homeowners enjoy their lawn and landscape knowing that I had a part in taking care of their property.
outbound customer service
Outbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2015
• Answers customer inquiries/communications as required.
• Conducts follow up phone calls to survey respondents who have concerns or questions.
• Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel/departments.
Great company with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, friendly enviroment, management, promotes within
Cons: Sales
Suddenlink was one of the better companies to work for. The free cable and internet can't be beat. I had more paid time off than I knew what do with. The sales goals are a bit aggressive but nothing unmanageable.
Nice place to work for a working mom
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Defined career path
Nice work life balance, positive attitudes, and stability. I would definitely recommend for anyone who's serious about a stable carrer.
Wonderful company to work for
Spray Technician (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, to do the best job i could each day.
Cons: being put on sales when work was low.
My time at this company was a joy and a delight to work for.
Was able to perform my duties with confidence and being able
to give my costumers the best service that I could.
Customer retention was something to work toward each day.
Nice place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good commission rate.
Cons: long hours, weekends sometimes.
Co-workers were nice people and management was always there to assist. The hardest part of the job was making sales, which was not even that difficult. The best part of the job would be making the sale.
I made a lot of good friendships here
Lawn care Specialist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: 3 weeks of vacation and friendships.
Cons: consant change of managers and unrealistic goals.
I have to say, I enjoyed working for Trugree for almost 10 years. I actually wouldn't have left but due to all of the changes in upper management and the lack of respect in the last year I worked there made it very hard to continue. The company was slowly going down and well as much as I loved my co-workers and customers I had come to know and enjoy seeing on a constant basis. I knew when to also jump of the sinking ship. The branch I worked out of closed later that year. The hardest part of the job was the constant motion of swinging you arm to spray a lawn with fertilizers or pest control. It wore on my elbow and back but I never let it break me down. I still can do everything I used to with no issues. I loved being out in the community meeting new people and seeing people I'd made good friendships with and still see today if I enter their job locations.
GREAT COMPANY TERRIBLE MANAGERS
outside sales rep (Former Employee), los angelesMarch 18, 2015
Pros: nice to work outside
Cons: managment, mandatory saturday, long hours, mandate 100 knocks a day, put tracking devices and monitor you like a child.
GM OF THE BRANCH IN LOS ANGELES HAS SOME OF THE WORST PEOPLE SKILLS, HIS IDEAS OF RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL BRANCH INCLUDED BELITTLING EMPLOYEES AND USING BULLY TACTICS TO GET HIS WAY.
GREAT COMPANY BUT TERRIBLE MORAL IN THE L.A BRANCH.
I WOULDNT DOUBT IT IF THE SALES MANAGER/SERVICE MANAGER/FRONT DESK EMPLOYEES AND ENTIRE STAFF WALK UP AND LEAVE ONE DAY! OHH AND THEY HAVE MANDATORY SATURDAYS FOR HALF THE YEAR, AND THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT TAKES AWAY FROM THE "SALARY"
HAVE FUN GIVING UP EVERYTHING TO PLEASE AN UNPLEASABLE COMPANY
might be a okay start but not much forward momentum.
Residential Lawn Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 14, 2015
Pros: outside environment can be good for nature lovers.
Cons: management is more profit oriented and less customer related.
When the overtime was available in the years past, it made the hard work seem slightly worth the effort, but over all it wouldnt be beneficial for a long term career.
Great company to work for
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: steady work year-round with vacations and insurance benefits
Cons: pay could be better and working outdoors in the elements is sometimes hard
It is wonderful when you get a lawn that needs major work done to it and over time it becomes a work of art, with no weeds and lush green grass. There are some customers that you cannot please, no matter what, but the many ones you do please with great service are not only customers forever, but friends as well.
Awesome team to work with
Branch Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILMarch 12, 2015
Awesome company. they have great customer service and awesome management. Not very big branch, but its big enough for me.
Please don't accept a job here.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: literally everything else.
They bait you in with promises of advancement and easy pay, then work you to the bone six days a week for ten hours a day, getting upset with you for not hitting impossible goals that you weren't trained properly to hit. They don't care about their employees, they just care about the bottom line. steer clear.
Excellent company to work for
Inbound and Outbound sales and service (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 10, 2015
You are given all the training needed to succeed and use your sales and customer service knowledge. Great employees to work with making it a place you look forward to going to daily.
Productive and fast paced work place
Administrative Assistant/ Branch Coordinator (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: exceptional training and knowledge
Cons: lack of communication and direction
• Directly assist Office Manager with all Human Resources functions for the entire office including but not limited to administrating background checks, new hire paperwork, human resource training, and filing of all employee documents
• Data Entry; exceeded time expectations regarding the entry of daily productivity. Running daily analysis reports; responsible for accurate weekly closure of financial revenue
• Act as Customer Service Escalation Coordinator, ensuring all customers received excellent customer service, provide knowledgeable advice on the functionality of our products
• Guaranteeing all customer complaints are resolved within 24 hours. Making sure we keep an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
• Trouble shooter; taking charge and being involved in all day to day operations
• Maintain facility in a professional manner; making sure it is safe and secure.
• Responsible for the recruiting/pre-screening of potential candidates; respond to job inquiries and locate leads online to find eligible candidates by conducting phone interviews and being the decision-maker for eligibility of advancement in the recruiting process
Fast paced and production-oriented
Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Clarion, PAMarch 9, 2015
A great place to work if you love the green industry. Provides opportunities for advancement, but be prepared for long hours and high pressure to perform efficiently.
This is a large natiowide company that provides services for lawn care that includes weed control, weed sprevention, fertilizer, tree and shrub care.
Lawn Consultant/Outside Professional Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 8, 2015
A typical work day includes calling back customer leads, setting up appointments, and going out into the field to canvass.

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries