TruGreen

TruGreen Employer Reviews

Calling former canceled customers all day...
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salem, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: management at salem va was awesome
Cons: feel like a jehovah's witness
The sales side of this job is terrible. There was one guy who had been there 2 decades and had tons of contacts. He got fed all the hot sheet leads and received preferential treatment. Everybody else was part of the revolving door system. If you weren't knocking doors like a Jehovah's Witness, you would sit there and call people who had canceled their service in the past. They get called several times a year, so be ready to get chewed out by severely annoyed people. Same with doors. They have reps knocking the same middle to upper class neighborhoods every spring so people get sick of it. Of course, sales is a numbers game. For every 99 people who threaten to kill you, 1 will say yes. So you'll get some sales in there, but it's such an uncomfortable and even unprofessional way to go about it.
Trugreen
Service manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good management descent pay and benefits
Cons: slow work in winter season not enough hours
great high volume place to work. The people are very enthusiastic and easy to get along with. The management works well together to the operation smooth. Hard part of job is to get the clients to water their lawn before application and put flags out to do service.
good company would reccomend to others
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Austell, GANovember 14, 2014
productive fun workplace cowerks are great and management was great
nice work experience
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Plant City, FLNovember 12, 2014
Job is seasonal
very easy job
calls all day
dealing with paper sales
Profit Oriented
Lawn Tech (Former Employee), Ankeny, IANovember 6, 2014
Pros: pretty easy pay
Cons: managers
I know that a business needs to profit, but this company focused more on production than on their workers. They do well on training, but they forget a lot of things needed when working (truck mechanics, sprayer mechanics). Expect something to fail on the vehicle or spray equipment, most of the time one can jerry-rig something.

Managers did not allow much freedom and would mandate workers come in on Saturdays (they would inform workers Friday evening). Weeks usually were 60-70 hours.
Great Company Overall
Commercial Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: lunches, lawn care and more
Cons: slow to advance
I truly enjoyed working for trugreen it was a wonderful experience. wonderful opportunities.
Good company
Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work 9 months out the year
TruGreen offers good pay with good benefits. Co-workers helped each other and delivered quality products.
Private workspace
Lawncare Specialist (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDNovember 3, 2014
Pros: light work load with good compensations
Having an opportunity to work in company directed towards working in a green environment franchise.
great place to work
outside sales (Former Employee), Clarion PaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: pay, management, sales training
Cons: 2 month layoff in winter
great pay. $12/ hour for full time plus good commission and benefits. Great management. Gas reimbursement for travel. Fun competitive atmosphere. The work isnt bad as long as you dont mind going door-to-door and talking to people.

My manager was great and made sure I enjoyed my job.

2 month layoff in winter december- feb. but it was nice to not work around the holidays.
It was a great learning experience.
Route Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2014
I learned alot about lawn chemicals and fertilizers.I love working there and my co-workers.I love learning about the field of agriculture and dealing with customers.
very productive and a great company to work for
Field Technician (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: benefits salary job it self
Cons: na
every day we report to the warehouse and map out our route for that day as well as make sure that our trucks were topped off and that we had all the gear we needed we also would perform checks on the vehicle prior to leaving
Alright Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAOctober 29, 2014
Cons: poor mangement
The job was ok. I just didn't like being foreced to lay to the customer about the stuff we where selling
exciting place to work
Residential Sales Rep, Lawn Tech (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 27, 2014
Cons: seasonal
I would go door to door and try to sign new members up to get their law serviced with our company also would treat lawns as well
out doors
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILOctober 26, 2014
Pros: big staff
Cons: sales
door to door sales
customer service
goals
revenue
driving to destination
Hostile enviroment
Residential Consultative Sales Executive (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2014
no set job description, it would change almost daily. I wouldnt suggest anyone go to work there. no BBB rating
fun and knowledgable staff
Lawn care specialist (Current Employee), Brunswick,ohioOctober 23, 2014
Pros: outside work
Cons: even in bad weather
Like working for company.Management is very helpful to complete tasks.
TruGreen
RESIDENTIAL LAWN SPECIALIST (Former Employee), League City, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: easy job and great co-workers
Cons: horriable management
The work is easy and fun. Your work by your self, but your co workers are always willing to help out.
The management would ask you to do unrealistic things and never had any answers to your questions. The trucks, tools and equipment would never work right and outdated. The management would train people with outdated videos. The management would not treat the employee fairly. The management makes the job a lot harder than it is.
Good company during season
A Tele associate, to sell Lawn care (Current Employee), Tampa FL.October 17, 2014
Pros: flex schedules
Cons: pressure to meet matrix
Made great money during Lawn growing season. The matrix ser up for sales is very stressful.
Great environment to be successful.
Residential Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: salary plus commission
Cons: seasonal, long hours.
The training was awesome. My manager is great to work with and generates new ideas for our branch to make revenue. I learned alot about the process of taking care of a lawn long term, to make the grass green and healthy.
Job with great pay and no light work
Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Job that takes up a lot of time. Getting up at 4:30 am to make 6:30 am then working til late evening, Monday through Saturday. At least Sundays we have off. Not big on benefits.

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries