TruGreen

TruGreen Employee Reviews

Great team of people to work with and a great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fenton, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: no job security, no benefits
I loved the job as I had a lot of different responsibilities so it gave me an opportunity to gain experience in several different positions.
Horrible management
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: rush, rush.
Terrible place to work. Nothing but con game. No support from managers.
productive
Registered tech (Current Employee), VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work by yourself
Cons: the weather
A good company but it just has lay offs at the end of the year. You work with some really knowledgeable people and the work itself is not that complicated. Overall Trugreen is a place if you want to learn horticulture and agronomics at its best.
Poor
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 26, 2015
I would not work here again quite frankly, no respect in the work place.
Centrally Based Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clarion, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: typical desk job
Cons: knowledge required
Working at TruGreen is difficult if you have no prior knowledge of lawn care. Customers need explanation of the services, benefits are hard to explain to someone if you have no knowledge of it yourself.
good seasonal job
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 23, 2015
its a job that isnt year round and the amount of people you encounter throughout the day can be either nice or be mean.
Sell Products to ensure grass is healthy
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Memphis TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: competitive with co workers
Cons: expensive healthcare
Typical day is selling Lawn Products to ensure that grass and shrubs are healthy and trees are disease free.
Fun Team oriented Job
Landscaper (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
This is a job for the outdoorsman and "do it yourselfers". Exciting task that will satisfy you at the end of your day. Friendly atmosphere and a good way to get in shape. I've learned to manage my time more efficiently with this position and has helped me in my personal life.
alright
Lawn Care Specialist, Emerald Ash Bore specialist (Former Employee), cedar falls, iowaJanuary 15, 2015
get to office, get route, fill the company truck, do your route all day, come back and finish up your day
A different atmosphere
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Gave me an opportunity to drive trucks and use different types of equipment
Rewarding employment but miscommunication between corporate and branches
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: take lunch at your liesure, priority on safety, pay, hours and benefits
Cons: communication is lacking on corporate and local levels, emphasis on sales not customer satisfaction
You interact with existing customers while attempting to acquire new accounts or selling them additional programs. It is a great way to enhance your customer persuasion skills but not customer service as you are not given enough time to: talk to the customer that has an issue/complaint; analyze the problem and thoroughly correct it. Management is courteous and helpful if you are having issues with any portion of your duties, but beyond the branch, the communication breaks down and it affects your immediate managers. Co-workers were great for the most part, appreciative of any help you can give and they reciprocate the deed.
Selling was the hardest part of the job.
Never being in one spot, working independently and meeting new people were the highlights of job.
Not a good place to work
Customer Relation Specialist/Lead Support (Current Employee), Plant City, FloridaJanuary 9, 2015
For a big company software is behind time and company is unethical, unprofessional and they are liers
With good customer service the customer and the company wins
Customer Service (Former Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 8, 2015
I spent my day taken calls about complaints about their grass treatment and setting up return visit to get the grass treated, i enjoyed working with my fellow co worker the managment was also a treat the hardst part of the the job was to learn about grass something i knew nothing about, and i was able to learn as i work talking to customers every day
Hard Working Office Professional
Branch Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Through out wight years of employment with Trugreen I have worn many hats, from accounts receivables to scheduling to employment coordinating. I can be trusted to do anything that needs to be done. I enjoy my position at Trugreen. Its has afforded me the opportunity to work and contribute while balance my home life. I enjoy talking to and meeting a wide variety of people through this position. I have been challenged at Trugreen and have learned that I can do anything that I put my mind to.
lawn specialist
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Fun and good money just wish that you didn't get laid off. its not a hard job just make sure you drink plenty of fluids .
Not A Place For Any Career
Laborer (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great way to stay fit
Cons: oppressive system
This company is like most companies located in the South. Due to management, it's implemented the buddy-buddy system over time. Which means, minorities are slaved and "others" are treated like royalty. -Former Employee
great place to work
lawncare specialist (Current Employee), Township of Randolph, NJDecember 28, 2014
great staff,co-workers and managers.on the road daily learning more about lawns and their needs.Besides the constant walking n pushing spreaders the job isnt that hard.Knowing your customers are satisfied the work you perform is the most enjoying part of the day.
Poor equipment care
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: no pay incentives; ie. pto or holiday pay
The equipment used to support contract work is not in the best condition. Good mechanic, but much needed repair. Management does check on you in the field and that's a plus
Freedom of choice
Area Manager and Auditor (Former Employee), Rocklin, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: salary plus comission, operating and control of my buisness.
Cons: lost contracts due to bidding, and closing of the branch
Delegate task to employees.
Follow up with issue and get them resolved
Follow up with inspection on job site and assist if needed
I ran a large maintenance crew and enjoy my job from a-to z.
Refined my employee management skills.
Enjoy working and helping to get it done
Organized, customer caring business
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Richmond VaDecember 28, 2014
It was a pretty decent job. The work was easy, I also worked alone so that was something different for me. I had to make my own choices but still follow the instruction giving from my supervisor. I didn't really learn anything new do to my prior landscaping jobs.

About TruGreen

TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments. – Read more

TruGreen Salaries