TruGreen Employee Reviews

yuk
Sales and lawn tech (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 18, 2016
This was an entry level position and you were reminded of this almost daily and often treated disrespectfully
Was told I would receive 50 hours weekly and it rarely happened
Spray/Sales Tech to Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 17, 2016
offers sales commission, overtime extra bonus. work outside in all kinds of weather. improving customer lawns. managers are there to help. co-works are good friends. hardest part of the job is working on the trucks
Horticultral Specialist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILMay 16, 2016
I liked the outdoors and being able to interact with people. Some days can be longer then others but consistent work all season.
Seasonal Work
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 15, 2016
Typical day was arriving at the office at 7 a.m. to get the schedule for the customers you were going to see that day. Then going out to the customers and answering any questions they may have before applying the product to their lawn that they purchased. I learned the different lawn chemicals that help lawns grow and what harms the grass.
over all good company to work for
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILMay 15, 2016
Day tend to start early 7 am..
review the days manifest and map..
drive to individual stops perform duties
return to building, fill trucks, checkout..
Pros
work outside
Cons
days can get long in the summer
Great Company
Commercial Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. I have been here for 8 years and would recommend this company to my friends and family.
Short pay
indoor/outdoor sales rep (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 12, 2016
Trugreen is a nice and reliable place to work. They are upfront in the interview as to what the job is and what you will be doing. However, They dance around the pay and say they give you commission and compensate for your mileage weekly but never get it paid to you. I worked there for a month maybe longer and never seen a dime from the renewals, commission, and mileage reimbursement they promise every week. They say you can earn 38K a year but in reality it's only $28K. Very disappointed in this job. I wish I didn't take it. However, they are flexible with your time off when you request for it but require you to work 12-9 sometimes 9-9 and every weekend.
Pros
reliable, nice people to work for
Cons
lie about pay and short your paychecks
Good steady job , trains the staff well.
senior sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 11, 2016
Typical hiring time in january., Typical lay offs due to off season in mid november. Persons are able to collect unemployment for 60 days then they are rehired.
Pros
GOOD TRAINING, WELL MANAGED.
Cons
VERY STRESSFULL SALES TECHNIQUES
It wasn't my cup of tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 9, 2016
Were really adamant about the sales that it made the work environment stressful. The workers were fun to work with and the managers were very persistent.
well done
Professional Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2016
The foundation of my journey started here, I was able to jump ahead and meet beautiful people while being close to management that gave me the encouragement to keep - not saling but making lives better.
Horrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 6, 2016
I worked as a customer service rep for about 6 months and I found it very hard to take the company seriously. Most of the calls I answered were angry customer either complaining about how dishonest and unethical the techs were to how horrible their lawns looked due to receiving the services. My managers were extremely lazy and never wanted to handle an escalated call. I ended up leaving because it became harder and harder to defend the company to the customers when I knew the customers were actually right!
Pros
I had a great work schedule
Cons
Low moral, low pay with no chance for pay increase
Okay place if you don't want a life and you love working in thunderstorms outside
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GAMay 4, 2016
Everyone thinks the pay is good until you work 60+ hours a week with no time for an actual life. You start off cold calling 300+ people a day then you transition outside and walk 8 hours going door to door manipulating people for the sales that you HAVE to get or they toss you. Hey, you even get to work in lightening. Told my manager about it and her reply was worrying about sales, not caring about safety. I would not recommend this company. They don't care about the employees, only about the sales and money.
Pros
Hour lunch, meeting new people
Cons
Long hours, no life, measley pay
spray tech.
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 3, 2016
a typical day at work is i go in look over all my work sheets and map out the i done for the week and the oned i didi not do.

what i learned was how to work with others.
Cons
grass
boring tedeous job
Indoor/Outdoor Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 2, 2016
staff is horrible, sales manager is just plain rude and very bipolar. would not recommend anyone to work for company. if no sales are made they write you up.
Pros
hour lunch, weekly pay
Cons
work 40+ hours and work saturdays
Fun work environment, casual dress code
Contact Center Sales Rep I: Outbound Calls (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 1, 2016
Open door policy. Two weeks intensive classroom training. Once training is complete you will be ready to work on the floor.
good company to work for
Outside Sales Rep Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 30, 2016
excellent company to work for decent pay very well managed witha great work crew and environment, takes care of employees and goes out on a limb to help whenever possible even management
Overworked and sent with poor equipment and ppe
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHApril 29, 2016
Working 60 hours of physically demanding and customer service work with minimal education given before being sent into the field. My truck gauges did not work but still got sent out to drive my route for weeks until I couldn't take the job anymore.
Pros
freedom driving around on your own
Cons
hard labor, chemical exposure, driving record risk, minimal directions given
If you can do it.
Route Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 28, 2016
Not the easiest job. If you can do it you can be compensated very well. I have had a bad experience with management not knowing what is going on here. Some people had to wait a month to get there first pay check. The current manager at the time had not gone out and done the work so he was no help to any one.
Lively team environment, with various products to market
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILApril 20, 2016
Daily activity can range from taking 40-50 inbound calls to placing 200-250 outbound calls to advise new and existing lawn customers.
Pros
Good training, wealth of experience.
Cons
salary fluctuations, seasonal employment
Busy and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 19, 2016
Every day is busy from start to finish. As a customer service representative I was constantly on the phone to assist with any questions or concerns a customer may have. Inquiries range from schedule dates to retreating to saving a customer from cancelling services. The management was always available to assist with any concerns and if they didn't know the answer, they would find someone who would. The hardest aspect is dealing with unhappy customers. I have developed skills to help manage and resolve the situation in a professional and calm manner to provide the best customer experience.
Pros
Company dinners when reaching certain metric goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9