Trulia Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service ERT (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
The culture is great, I hope it lasts! Happy hours and Mind, Body, and Spirit days are awesome.
Great sales environment and people!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CoAugust 30, 2014
Pros: food packed cafeteria, great environment, happy hours, great benefits, workplace that gives back to the community
Cons: commission is very good, but limited. rougher work environment for females. base pay is a little low.
If you love inside sales Trulia is amazing. Your managers will mentor and work with you. You can set your own sales schedule ( breaks, lunches, etc). Competitive teams, and coworkers who work together to help everyone meet their monthly and weekly goals.
Very good place to work
Data Scientist Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
Trulia has very good data science team, and its working environment is really good.
Lots of promise, needs discipline and follow through
Marketing (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: little engagement between management and staff
Good WL balance, but management is haphazard, needs to follow through on stated goals, and measure performance.
Telemarketing Call Center
Account Executive (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: free benefits
Cons: almost everything else
Not a lot to say about this company, but stay away. I personally did not agree with many facets of their business model, so it made it very hard for me to stay there.
Awesome
Internal Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), DenverMarch 21, 2014
Really enjoyed my time there, great work culture. You don't always get to be in a great company culture. Although I was only there on contract I felt like part of the team. Had great co-workers and the office is a fun, energetic place to work.
Exciting startup company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 23, 2014
Working here was all about fun. There was a ping pong table and stocked food for snacks. At one point the commission structure withheld a lot of money from their employees. I have heard that after I left it changed.
Great benefits
Not Specified (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, environment
Cons: management, focus, vision
Management is chasing their tail. Each month the focus shifts and reasons for said shift are not communicated to the masses. This causes a great deal of frustration and confusion.
Trulia
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 8, 2013
At Trulia they typical day was answering and placing phone call addressing agent concern. I learned to quickly adapt to an ever changing environment, and continually improved my multi-tasking capabilities
Glorified Call Center
Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 29, 2013
Used to be a great company to grow with. Now all hirings are from outside companies and culture has gone to a micromanaged call center
One of the best places to work for in the Bay
Account Executive / Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2013
Pros: great workplace with lots of energy
Cons: low base
7:30-4pm
Great inside sales training
Only thing consistent is CHANGE
Age group majority ranges 23-35
Hardest part is making 100 dials a day
Most enjoyable is the workplace
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial COMay 29, 2013
Pros: free breakfast kitchen
Trulia was a fantastic place to work. Typical days would include a morning huddle and very involved with all employees. The most enjoyable part was the benefits that Trulia provided. Hands down number 1 place for that.
Sales mill - beware!
sales person (Former Employee), centennial, coloardoApril 24, 2013
Pros: laid back, free food
Cons: sales mill, fight the refund, high pressure sales tactics
I am writing this review so that other sales people are not sucked into believing that this is a professional company. I arrived for my interview in a suit, like several other sales people that were interviewing that day. I had been told by the HR recruiter that this was a professional position. The sales people were in one huge room made of cubicles. – more... The dress was considerably less than professional. Sneakers and blue jeans were the standard fare except for the managers.

While waiting for the sales manager to interview me, a one-on-one meeting was taking place at the table next to me. I do not believe in open conversations between a superior and subordinate. I believe that any constructive criticism should take place in a private meeting room. As I looked around I saw none. Their corporate culture was very clearly on display. There was a ping pong table in the break room/kitchen area, and they conduct employee evaluations as well as interviews in the same area. I get that this is more of a west coast style of culture, however its less than professional. Boxes of cereal were strewn across a messy table, and family size soda boxes were below. This was all free to access as far as I could tell.

During my time waiting for my interview, I overheard part of the one-on-one conversation. It was about problem resolution and giving refunds to the customer.

I would never want to be part of an organization that operates like they do. It is a high pressure sales tactic, and then when customers are dissatisfied with what they've bought, they fight the refund. All of this adds up to a less than professional sales environment. Do not be fooled. I would expect that there are indeed several sales people making the income claimed. If you like a loud environment, with 60 other sales people all talking on the phone, and the ability to wear casual clothes to work, then this might be the right fit for you. But someone needs to make sales people aware that this company is not what they claim in their ads.

Another joke was that I was told that the sales manager would want me to sell him his watch, and then ask for the job. – less
Great Company
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), Englewood CoFebruary 7, 2013
Nice office huge breakroom, ping pong.
Fun managment and incentives.
Sales
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2012
Great location with good management. Very competitive environment with NO guarantee that you will have a job tomorrow. Typical sales floor.
This position did not suit most of my interests
Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2012
I was able to work with many computer programs that I was never exposed to before which is helpful for future job oppurtunities. My management was always available to ask questions and get advise from, as well as my associates. The hardest part of the job would have been the learning curve for me. I was never in a sales position before and was unaware – more... of what exactly was expected from me and this ended up being the reason that I decided to leave the company. – less
Great start-up culture and laid-back environment
Business Services (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 5, 2012
Pros: great benefits and laid back culture.
Cons: tough job
This is a great company to work for. The company is focused on treating their employees right, and have the best benefits of any company I have worked for. The job itself can be tough at time, as it is a very metric/quota based company. Turn-over is relatively high based on the stress of the job, but it is a great culture and environment.
“Employee centric, fun environment, passionate people, successful trajectory.”
Sr. Director of People (Current Employee), San FranciscoMarch 6, 2012
Pros: perks - on site yoga, meditation, massage, stocked kitchens, games/toys, regular parties, commuter benefits, 401k match, parental leaves
Pros:
The People - Every employee ("Trulian") I know is super helpful, collaborative, friendly, and sharp! The passion people share for the company & industry is impressive and I haven't personally experienced this before. The company tends to celebrate everything! (think social crowd) which makes for a fun environment.
The workspace - Great location – more... (near downtown SF), the office itself is open, light, there are kitchens in each area/department (stocked with drinks & snacks), and "the penthouse" (aka, top floor space) is reserved for recreational activities like Ping pong, videogames, happy hours, meet ups, etc.
The work - The company is making a big difference, applying cutting edge technologies to make residential real estate search more personalized, fun, simple, and interesting. Trulia's mobile products are impressive, and real estate agents seem to truly benefit from Trulia's ad products (selling well)

Cons:
Cultural divides: The speed in which the company has built its Inside Sales teams started to create a separate culture, one that worked different hours, had a different type of job (sales vs. development), and most people on these teams were pretty new to the company and didn't get entirely acclimated with the dev teams. Tons of work has been put in to this lately and we're already starting to see an impact. – less

About Trulia

Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. – Read more