Trulia Employee Review

Sales mill - beware!
sales person (Former Employee) –  centennial, coloardoApril 24, 2013
I am writing this review so that other sales people are not sucked into believing that this is a professional company. I arrived for my interview in a suit, like several other sales people that were interviewing that day. I had been told by the HR recruiter that this was a professional position. The sales people were in one huge room made of cubicles. The dress was considerably less than professional. Sneakers and blue jeans were the standard fare except for the managers.

While waiting for the sales manager to interview me, a one-on-one meeting was taking place at the table next to me. I do not believe in open conversations between a superior and subordinate. I believe that any constructive criticism should take place in a private meeting room. As I looked around I saw none. Their corporate culture was very clearly on display. There was a ping pong table in the break room/kitchen area, and they conduct employee evaluations as well as interviews in the same area. I get that this is more of a west coast style of culture, however its less than professional. Boxes of cereal were strewn across a messy table, and family size soda boxes were below. This was all free to access as far as I could tell.

During my time waiting for my interview, I overheard part of the one-on-one conversation. It was about problem resolution and giving refunds to the customer.

I would never want to be part of an organization that operates like they do. It is a high pressure sales tactic, and then when customers are dissatisfied with what they've bought, they fight the refund. All of this adds up to a
  more... less than professional sales environment. Do not be fooled. I would expect that there are indeed several sales people making the income claimed. If you like a loud environment, with 60 other sales people all talking on the phone, and the ability to wear casual clothes to work, then this might be the right fit for you. But someone needs to make sales people aware that this company is not what they claim in their ads.

Another joke was that I was told that the sales manager would want me to sell him his watch, and then ask for the job.
Pros
laid back, free food
Cons
sales mill, fight the refund, high pressure sales tactics

Other Trulia Employee Reviews

one of the best places to work! Amazing company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2017
Left due to the merger with Zillow. One of the best places I've ever worked for. Amazing leadership, amazing culture, competitive. had the privilege to work with amazing talent.
Productive and Positive workplace,provided free benefits
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Great hours, free food daily, game room. I learned a lot of salesforce, ticketing, working on the back end of a website. Management pick and chose favorites, which made for a lot of extra drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trulia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8