Truliant Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Deposit Representative/Business Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I enjoy working at Truliant because there is always room to grow and learn something new. I enjoy the people I work around everyday. Truliant is always offering opportunities.
Cafe at main location with lunch vendors
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment and advancement opportunities for those interested in working extremely hard to obtain goals . Truliant is member centric but becomes more of a banking atmosphere each year .
Pros
Employee appreciation week
Cons
Vision care
Previous emplyment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2017
Working at Truliant was a great experience. They are all wonderful people and although I am no longer employed because of family emergencies, it was a great place to work.
Great!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAAugust 7, 2017
Excellent company looking for employees who are full of honesty, integrity, and concern for member's needs. Not out to rip anyone off. They are very member focused!
Pros
Great benefits for healthcare, Pto, travel, and training.
Cons
Difficult to advance.
Minimal room for grwoth
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
I have worked at TFCU in multiple areas. Unpredictable, unstable, little structure. Systems rarely work properly and there are a barrage of updates that do not work.
Pros
Help member's financial lives.
Cons
system errors.
Excellent Culture
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
They live their mission to enhance members lives. They value their employees and support personal career growth, even if it means leaving the company. I look forward to going to work every day because it doesn't feel like work. Everyone from the top down shows respect for each other and it truly is a great place to work!
Great Company to Work For!
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2017
Great people, great environment. Employees do come first here! They allow you to create a path to move into different careers. The compensation isn't the greatest but the benefits and incentives make up for it.
Lots of perks; especially for those at the corporate location
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the call center. The only negative was the focus on numbers and comparing reps to each other. It would be better to appreciate each ones strength.
Great workplace
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
Truliant offers great benefits and job security. You are learning everyday!

A typical day at work consists of sitting at a teller line completing cash transactions and building relationships with members. At the end of the day you must balance your drawer and follow all security procedures.
Cons
pay
The job is ok
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 14, 2016
I worked at Truliant part time for a year and 3 months. During that time a lot of things were promised that I never saw. When I was hired I was told that I'd only have to work 1 or 2 Saturdays a month. Myself and another part time employee worked 7 back to back. I had 4 people promoted to full time in front of me. I liked my coworkers for the most part but it was clear that there were cliques within the team. There a little more lienance for those who have kids.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay isn't competitive, No benefits for part time, Not approved for loans or credit card if part time
Great Stepping Stone
(EFT) Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 5, 2016
This is a good company to work for if you are just entering the workforce. The pay is much lower than most companies in the area but the benefits are good as well as vacation time provided. The people are friendly. The company is growing in great strides.
Pros
Good company to work at if entering workforce
Cons
pay is not compatible with other companies
Great benefits low pay
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Great company, some management is great others should not be in management.

Negotiate the pay before you accept a position. Once you get in raises are pennies on the dollar.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and really incompetent managers
Great Work Atmoshphere
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2016
Decent pay with great employees and good advancement possibilities and come with unbeatable benefits. Even part time receives a pension and a 401k also paid time off. Truliant loves to hire within its company. Every day you walk in to a enthusiastic work environment.
teller
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 3, 2016
Work-life- bankers hours and one Saturday a month

Comp. - less than the market- individuals that work for 10 years consistently with 4 year degree still making less than 35,000 per year.

Job Sec.- Depends on the branch

Management- hires people they know personally from the community- shows favoritism- some forms of racial discrimination, but only at the Burlington branch

Job culture- clickish
Na
Bilingual Member Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2016
Excellent Financial Institution

Should afford employees with longevity and experience opportunity for growth.

They are very keen on protecting their members as the security classes that are offered, were very essential for day to day work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Truliant Federal Credit Union is a great place to work. The work culture was really good and it's place where they really care for members/customers needs and make sure to fulfill it. Co-workers were really nice and i have enjoyed working with them as a team.
Summary
Corp. Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Great company and benefits. I would recommend working at TFCU to anyone looking for a company that cares. Growing company.
good place to work
Member Contact Center Deposit Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Very good place to work. the hardest part of my job was meeting sales. i really like working in team atmospheres. i had a very long commute but the people made it worth it
Pros
nice team atmosphere
Cons
sales
Truliant believes and follows their mission statement
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2015
I loved working for Truliant. I would still be there today if I had not moved to FL. It was a great awesome company to work for they believed in helping their members and employees get the most out of their banking experience and their careers.
No benefits for part timers
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2015
Branch managers are all fairly young. They lack of communication skills with employees. All it matters to them are numbers. Most are not personable and the little people are just a number.
Pros
Flexible in time
Cons
Lack of communication from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truliant Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2