Truman Medical Centers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced, lots of interaction, and multitasking is required
Patient Access and Scheduling Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2015
Exciting always something a new experience. It is a great feeling to meet with new people, and feel they trust you to handle their check-in process along with any questions.
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), MOAugust 14, 2015
Easy work high school student and the pay was the best I could ask for at the time. Patients are usually nice and appreciative.
Poor management, Great place to work
Lab Info Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Employee Benefits
Cons: Unstructured environment
I actually loved my job a TMC Lakewood, but most of the other employees did not. The company is going through a major finance crisis that has left many employees uneasy or sure of their job security. TMC is a large company, so unfortunately, good employees are often overlooked. Lab management pretends to care about their employees personal matters, but they don't. I never missed any work days while employed at TMC, but I was terminated for literally being 1-2 mins late 10 times over the year that I worked there. I had valid excuses but unfortunately they didnt care. I personally think that the Lab supervisor picks and chooses who she wanted to implement the attendance policy on and in return she have lost some of her best staff. I worked for this company for about a year and I have seen at least 3 lab managers come and go. Employees were just dropping like flies.
Great Expectations
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2015
Pros: busy, diverse
Cons: hours, work holidays
Great teaching hospital with a very diverse population of patients. Received great experience with patients, traumas, and critical respiratory care.
Tense, fast paced, stressful
Staff nurse providing direct patient care (Current Employee), kansas city, moJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: inconsitency among managment
A typical day in a Level 1 Trauma center is that there is nothing typical about it. You have to be able to adapt well and conform to situations and work well with others. Communication is a big key to success as well and education and knowledge. Hardest part of the job is when you feel as though you have failed when a patient does not survive, or when patients degrade you and are not thankful for all that you have done for them. The most enjoyable part is appreciative patients and saving lives. This was definitely a fun work place, at times there was a lack of support from management. But this was definitely a great place to learn grow develop and mature within my practice and self as a new grad up until recently as a long term nurse.
Fair place to work
CRCST (Former Employee), Lee's Summit MOJuly 11, 2015
Overall fair place to work. The one big problem it has is that they spread their management team too thin, therefore leaving the door open to many problems in many different areas, with no one available on a regular basis to help solve problems. My main reason in leaving there after almost 2 years.
productive and knowledge based
CASHIER (Current Employee), kc moJuly 2, 2015
In this job there is a daily meeting to inform employees about the different diets, the allergies to watch for and the topic of the day pertaining to food facts. I learned the differences between a renal diet and a GI diet and how the affect the diet. For the most part management is always able and willing to help when there is need. the coworkers are all different in their cultures and beliefs so it becomes a multiracial family of sorts. The hardest part of the job is learning different diets and remembering the what foods affect what diet. the most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of people that you get to meet.
productive and knowledge based business
CASHIER (Current Employee), kc moJune 29, 2015
Pros: Working in the cafe we got two free lunches a week
Cons: Always being understaffed was usually a big problem
Everyday there is always a meeting before we would start our lunch shift which gave us tips fun facts and what would happen if food were cooked wrong or temperatures were not kept where needed to be so that everyone was well informed of the information that was needed per day. Management was for the most part very understanding for all employees and situations that would arise. I got along with just about all my coworkers and they are always more that happy to talk to others with a pleasant attitude toward life. The hardest part of my job is trying to learn all the different diets that effect people lives and their health and remembering what each diet needed to be successful in helping with overall health. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people of all walks of life with their stories and really getting to know the residents that live on campus like the long term care patients.
Very educational, interesting, and fun job to uphold
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2015
I work in fast pace environment, servicing interpreting request from all areas of the hospital, Primary Medical, Financial, and legal issues, etc. on site or via phone. Identifying cultural belives and mediating as a clarifier to reach a cultural understanding among clients and providers. Advocating in circumstances to prevent life threating situations within the scope of my position as an Medical Interpeter. Working togheter with co-workers as a team to service a high volume of request and render fullfilment of all request in a timely matter. I enjoy working with people and facilitate services to ultimately conquer patient care satisfaction.
Productive in patient care
Patient Access & Scheduling Rep. II (Current Employee), KSJune 17, 2015
Pros: great discount benfits for patients.
Cons: All departments did not work toether.
Truman Medical Center has a great benefits for employee's. it has a lot of finical information for patient's to get insurance if they don't have any.
Clinical Nurse II -Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
Pros: Rewarding, challenging
Cons: Hard physical labor
This is a great place to work. It is a learning hospital so you will be educated throughout your time here. The staff does pretty well with team work generally but in an emergency they are amazing, like a well-oiled machine. Working in the ICU is very hard physical labor. Lifting patients, walking constantly, bathing, transporting. Very rewarding but difficult. If you enjoy a challenge and making a difference in the lives of others then this is the career for you!
nice place to work
Patient Access Scheduling Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2015
Hospitals need to give paid holidays back. TMC has great customer care. Continue to give excellent care to all people. the best
Productive fun charitable events
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2015
The Charitable events were fun and exciting, because you could purchase items, and have drawings for door prizes and Talent events.
High volume, diverse culture OB/GYN setting
Graduate student (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 19, 2015
This is a high volume, diverse setting within the heart of Kansas City, MO. The facility provides an excellent learning atmosphere for healthcare students in multiple areas.
a great place to learn a lot of new things
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2015
I learned a lot working at Truman Medical Center...such as how to admit patients into the hospital and how to register them into the emergency room.
okay place to work no room for advancement high turnover
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: convenient place to work, basic skills taught to employees
Cons: no team work
its a nice place to work if you need quick employment. Employees are overworked and burnt out in the field. No back up for nursing support, nurses sit too too much and are not helpful on the unit. What I did learn though is what I able to do now patient care for the mentally ill.
Teaching hospital for an under-served population
Pharmacy Practice Resident (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2015
I learned a great deal at this institution. I have rotated through many places in the hospital and have gained excellent experience in teaching and excellent clinical knowledge.
Simple Job and nice workplace
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), 2300 holmes st. kansas city, mo.April 29, 2015
Pros: good benifits, 3 breaks, nice break area, clean place overall
Cons: bad point system for absent days, Horrible waiting time for ED patients, staffing issues
----at night i would clean up the hospital:
-patient rooms
-mopping
-dusting
-vacuuming
-bed making

overall its a simple job, can have difficult days though when understaffed.

management was very helpful and verbal to staff.

co-workers on night shift are always good to work with and gets things done. i can't say much about the other shifts.

learned a lot about how to clean and steps to take when doing so.
The everyday worker at Truman is what makes it the best place to work at. The management and Directors are the fault of Truman.
Patient Transportation Department Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2015
Pros: Health care
Cons: Prejudice of the upper management.
I learned a lot in the time I was at Truman Medical Center. I learned how to build a well run department of diversified employees. I feel as if the upper management and directors need to be reorganized and looked into because they constantly are blaming the lower staff for problems at the hospital in regards to the budget and organization. When all along they are spending the money only to make themselves look classier.. My co-workers were phenomenal people to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the political part of the job. The most enjoyable really was the staff that has made Truman what it is today with the patients.
A very fun place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Lunches
Cons: The smell of Chemicals
I learned ample ways to strip and wax floors
good people to work with
the pay could be better
could have a better union
A good place to learn diverse methods cleaning methods