Truman Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Wonderful organization, worthy mission and great CEO
Managing Director, Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108September 14, 2017
I love my job and the organization, it is a wonderful place to work and contribute to Kansas City. A typical day is busy, interesting tasks and usually a lot of fun. I work with dedicated, hard-working and talented adults; there is very little drama and everyone is committed to the organization and doing their best.
Pros
Health insurance benefits, good culture
Good Place to work
Music Therapist (Current Employee) –  Behavioral healthSeptember 6, 2017
There are great benefits when you work for Truman. You get normal medical benefits for a good price and if you choose to go to Truman facilities for your medical needs it is free!
I enjoy working with the RNs at TMC.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2017
RNs usually work without ancillary staff (patient care tech, nursing assistant) and perform all phlebotomy, EKGs for assigned patients.
Every day there are patients with mental illness and/or substance withdrawal that keeps them as an acute medicine patient because there is no other place for them to be placed.

The front line nurses are very supportive of each other and willing to lend assistance to each other.
August 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing your time and talents with Truman Medical Centers.

Great benefits!
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2017
The benefits of working for TMC are better than most places. Each department is pretty flexible with their staff. On the downside, work description seems to change monthly, if not weekly.
August 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here so that we can reflect on it and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure you and others feel valued and appreciated. Please feel free to email us at askHR@tmcmed.org to provide additional feedback.

Amazing place to work overall
Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2017
Amazing place to work if you like helping underprivileged people get healthcare. Seeing people get an opportunity to be healthy. Great culture of people who work hard and have fun.
August 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Your dedication and commitment to TMC is what makes our hospital the best in Kansas City. We appreciate you!

Great benefits
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2017
Pay and benefits are great. It's the other people that work there that frustrate me. It is a very lackadaisical environment. I want more for myself that keeping my chair warm.
Cons
Other employees don't want to do their jobs.
August 29, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Truman Medical Center. We are sorry your experience has not reflected our commitment to supporting a quality workforce of true professionals. We appreciate your feedback and use it to address issues we may have missed in delivering a positive working experience for you. If you would like to share more about your time at TMC, we are happy to listen. Please contact us by email at askHR@tmcmed.org so that we can set up a time to speak. Thank you again for the feedback – it helps us make improvement for a better TMC.

No Pay Growth
Recover Coach (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2017
The pay was limited growth and was low for the amount of work required and the clientel that was dealt with. The clientel was stresseful to handle at times, but the staff was helpful and management was helpful.
Pros
management, lunch, enviroment
Cons
paper deadlines, limited contact with clients at times, stressful at times.

Busy and Rewarding
BH Intake Specialist/Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 20, 2017
Greeting patients as they come into our level-one trauma center. Obtaining ID and Ins cards.
Called to Traumas/Med resus/Med Codes
Worst part of my day is the lack of teamwork.
Best part of my day is helping the patients.

CPhT IV (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2017
It has been an honor and a pleasure to serve our patients here. I appreciate Truman as a learning experience. I needed to change my shift to go to school and that is why I may have to leave.
Pros
PTO accruation
August 29, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Best of luck to you, and thank you for sharing your time and talents with Truman Medical Centers.

Good place to work.
Materials Management Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108July 10, 2017
Truman Medical Center is a great place to work. I could not always say that in my 22 year stature, but as a company I would say that they have grown with patient care and dedication 100%. As a whole it is a good company, but not all of Truman Medical Center's management is ideal for the company.
August 29, 2017

some coworkers were nice to work with. They hired a few nuts
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 28, 2017
This place was awful! The only thing more foolish than the chef was the terrible manager. The manager would not speak until she needed a favor. The manager would hold ex employees bonus checks instead of mailing it to them. Just evil. The chef was unqualified and a terrible cook. She seasoned everything with mustard. These women ran off long-term employees and no one seemed to care. Truman did not compensate long term employees for working for years. New employees came in making more money than dependable, loyal and reliable staff. No don't work in this kitchen.it
Pros
good insurance
Cons
management was terrible.
Hugh facility that has grown tremendously over the years
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2017
working with individuals that need medical care is very rewarding. The management is great and they offer great benefits. They have completely upgraded the facility.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
getting help with bills
Love working at Truman
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
I would put working at Truman Medical Center on my One of my Best Jobs list. The staff is idea, the area was perfect and great managers. Miss this place.
Pros
Good diversity
Cons
No problems
Quick paced environment
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
Loved working here just wasn't a fit for my family at the time. Would love to recommend this place to others who love fast paced and a great learning environment
Large and cold place to work
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2017
Enjoyed the area I worked in but the overall organizational feel is disconnected and cold. Going to other areas and engaging people was difficult. Some staff seem totally uncaring.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Nobody seems to care
A Learning Experience
PRN Patient Access Rep in ED (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2017
Truman Medical Centers was not just a job experience. It was a life experience for me. Opened my eyes to the reality that some people experience in the urban parts of this city like homelessness, addictions, HIV or AIDS. The nursing staff and most of my co-workers were very knowledgable and experienced and a pleasure to work with. Night shifts have a tougher crowd and require tougher employees to deal with most of the patients in the ER.
Up and Downs
Transportation Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2017
It's an good place to work but with all things changes happen and not always ones that you may like but they are inevitable. Upper Management seems to do what is best for the company and sometimes don't look at the bottom line of what's best for the community.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Morals
Great hospital!
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2017
I have enjoyed working for TMC. I was able to get my foot in the door and learn a lot about the Medical/Hospital environment. I have learned a lot about the medical world; insurance, pre-authorizations, benefits, etc. I have enjoyed getting to know many of my co-workers and staff. TMC is a great place to work and they offer great benefits. I have recently been promoted to a supervisor which has offered great experience. While I have enjoyed most of the position I do not enjoy being on call 24 hrs 7 days a week and dealing with the call-ins, late arrivals and being short staffed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Call ins and under staffed
Decent place to work
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2017
Good place to work, must have positive attitude. Management staff is usually good depending on department worked. Workplace culture is continuing to change.
Diverse Population & Unlimited Upward Mobility
Community Client Liaison/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2017
Great patients and awesome place to work. I held various positions in varying departments. Met great people among my coworkers, patients and collaborating organizations. Gained a wealth of knowledge, not only in patient care but things that can be applied to everyday life.

The best and worse things about working for this company are one in the same. Unbreakable bonds are created, hence the inability to leave work AT work.

Wouldn't trade those years for nothing in the world.
Pros
Upward mobility; Patient population & Managerial support
Cons
Serving many with addiction/substance abuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truman Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.