Truman Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work.
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2016
Worked here for going on 15 years. Very customer service oriented. Pillar of the community. Under new leadership that is really pushing the company in the right direction. Great faculty and staff. Leadership/ Management are great.
Best Place.....GREATEST Doctors!
Utilization Review/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2016
This is one place I loved to go to work. The doctor's treated EVERYONE with respect and gratitude! They took their occupation seriously, but made sure everyone was comfortable, including the patients as this is not the most favorite type of doctor to visit. These were the best MD's I have ever worked with
Pros
The Co-workers!!!! The Doctors!!
Cons
Not much!
Love Truman Lakewood
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  2 north- lakewoodJune 17, 2016
I liked it there. Patients were awesome. I was just working two jobs at the time. I could tell that they really care about their employees. Super nice bosses!
productive and great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2016
daily patient, medication administration creation of careplans as a floor nurse; management day included scheduling and monitoring the operations of the unit.
Working as a LPN for the most part of the time there provided me to gain many skills as I move forward to my RN.
Each unit for the most part worked as team.
Understaffed at times.
Most enjoyable part of the job was building on my skills.
Pros
did our own scheduling with changes made as needed
Cons
difficult to take breaks
I love this place only if management was better.
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 7, 2016
I have worked for the company for 5 years and I will say my co-workers were the best. I had the best team work. Management is horrible. All management cares about are "Numbers" They do not care for their staff. Management will target people. Also, the worst turn over rates ever. It is a great place to learn and to gain experience. It's a great place to work right out of school to get experience, but after 2 years you should look for another job because TMC will get the best out of you.
Pros
Working with awesome co-workers, great benefits, and great pay.
Cons
MANAGMENT IS THE WORST
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2015
Being a CNA opened my eyes to so many different experiences. Just being around the older people and listening to their stories was awesome. I learned the basics of nursing and gained some really great friends.
Good
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2015
Typical day consisted of providing excellent customer service, taking payments for purchased goods and stocking shelves. I learned to be fast and courteous. There wasn't a lot of time to interact with co-workers.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2015
Coming into work you never know what the other shift day was like. its very a enjoyable job knowing your helping your team and staff
I love my job
Electroconvulsive Therapy Coordinator- ECT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2015
I love my department and the people I work with. This company is a great place to work and learn. The work is hard and sometimes we don't have enough staff but we pull together and make it work instead of groaning about it all day. No place is going to be problem free. but at Truman I feel invested.
Pros
Lots of interesting things happening
Cons
Not the best payer in town
Challenging
Postpartum RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2015
Patient to nurse ratio was very high. Clients were high risk and combative. Most coworkers were team players. Most clients had the entitlement mentality. Management was not supportive in a hostile environment
Pros
Learned how to manage a large patient load
Cons
Short breaks and no support from management
Excellent company to work for
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2015
Great private practice to work for, good benefits, opportunities for advancement. Wonderful physicians and staff. Management is willing to work with you for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits and staff
Ambulatory Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MoOctober 15, 2015
Staff is excellent and in healthcare for the right reasons. This place is on a mission to provide quality care to those with economic challenges. Beautiful oncology unit.
Room for improvement.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2015
A typical day at Truman Medical Centers will depend on which department you are working in. Management in some areas are exceptional and support their employees. Some departments however, are more about how to improve their "numbers" regardless of patient care or how overworked the staff is. TMC has taken many benefits away in the past five years, but the CEO did raise eligible staffs' salary to where they should have been compared to other hospitals.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule.
Cons
Overworked, not enough staff, wages should increase again for the amount of work being done.
Benefits
Administrative Assistant, Nursing Administration (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2015
Healthcare Benefits are wonderful at Truman Medical Center! Pay is much more than expected. Physicians are pretty terrific.
hard work
Senior Vocational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2015
A hospital setting with low paid unmotivated workers. Most are scrambling for any type of promotion as that is the only way to get a raise or validation from your manager.
Great Job!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 15, 2015
I've learned to be flexible and that everybody's job is valuable, especially when all are working together for the greater good. Everyone is worthy of respect.
Good teamwork
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2015
I was very pleased with the people that i worked with, the management, and the environment. Everytime that I needed help everyone was able to help out no matter if it was just clerical or clinical. Everyone seemed to help out no matter what.
Pros
Great friendly environment
Cons
Excessive running around, unable to do the physicalness of job
Awesome place to work great people and environment
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2015
Worked nights but always stayed busy great people to work with good work environment enjoyed helping people also great company great wages
Learning enviornment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 26, 2015
Learn so much on a day by day basis.
Very productive workplace
You can pretty much grow and develop you skills everyday by the variety of patient seen
Fast paced, lots of interaction, and multitasking is required
Patient Access and Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2015
Exciting always something a new experience. It is a great feeling to meet with new people, and feel they trust you to handle their check-in process along with any questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truman Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.