Trumbull Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very stressful
dietary worker 3 (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 18, 2016
I worked for this company for 36 years they work short everyday and the keep adding more and more work on you. They do not appreciate you, and the supervisors like to cause conflicts among the workers. The director always acts like she is opened to your ideals, but in fact she never really listens to you, it's her way or no way
good hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 1, 2016
I worked on orthopedic and urology floors of TMH.
A typical day on the orthopedic floor was very busy and physically demanding. There were patients to get ready for surgery. Patients coming back from surgery that had to be monitored. Admissions to do which included a lot of time to get all of the paperwork done and evaluations in. There was range of motion exercising, walking patients, medications, etc.

The floor nurses worked together and the head nurses were good to work with. They were demanding of excellence, yet helpful when needed for advice.

The Urology floor was a bit different. I would have benefited by staying on the Orthopedic floor. The staff were different and more challenging to get along with. The head nurse was difficult to please and that made the work environment more stressful.

I enjoyed working with patients and seeing them get well. I did not like the stressful demands.
Pros
They had a lot of benefits for both part time and full time workers.
Cons
Limited hours of work. Some weeks I would only get 1 day of work.
Strong workforce
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 17, 2016
Sterile processing is an honorable place to work. I consider it kind of the glue to the hospital. A typical day includes the proper washing and handling of instruments that are used in operating room, labor and delivery, and other units throughout the hospital. Once they are properly disinfected, they are set back up in the appropriate fashion and re-sterilized to be reused. The best part of my day is the interaction I get with my co-workers in the processing department as well as the surgical unit. They've all become quite like family to me. Management has not been consistent for the four years that i have worked there. I had an abundant amount of support from my co-workers while in school and working, but management toward the end of my junior and majority of my senior year of college were less supportive. In all, it was an enjoyable place to work and I appreciate all of the education and experience I have attained through the sterile processing department.
Worst job I've ever had
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Med/Surg, ICU/CCU management lacks professionalism and runs the show like you're working in a high school with a bunch of gossipy teenagers. Culture is horrible. Worst place I've ever worked. The sad thing is that if I would have had the opportunity to work there under decent management I probably would have stayed.
Clinical Documentation
Clinical Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 6, 2015
As a clinical documentation supervisor, a typical day recently changed with the implementation of ICD-10. The role involves rounding with physicians, answering questions, and assisting with the necessary clinical documentation in order to provide the true clinical picture of the patient and maintaining the integrity of the medical record. The Director of the department is very hands-on and likes to be kept in the loop. My co-workers are wonderful. We work as a team in order to achieve accurate documentation, increase the severity of illness and his/her risk of mortality. The most difficult part my clinical documentation position is dealing with physicians who are challenging. The most enjoyable part of being the clinical documentation position is the reward of obtaining the needed documentation and making the chart complete.
Pros
Great interpersonal working relationships
Cons
Stressful expectations
Horrible
nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 27, 2015
This company is not local and they do not care about the employees. They have come in and literally broken up families. They breed an atmosphere of back-stabbing, tattle-tales and fear. You never knew if you were going to be walked out. They have bred a breed of manager that is so afraid of losing their job, they make the work dangerous for the patients. I would NEVER recommend this hospital to anyone.
Corporate First, Employees Last
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Nurses griping, unhappy since CHS takeover. Disorganized processes, lacking consistency & thoughtful applications. Unsafe, short staffing at times. Poor employee morale, management will attempt to bully employees into working overtime due to their inefficient hiring & staffing practices. 61% patient satisfaction. No surprise.
Pros
Employment, appreciative patients, strong union
Cons
Unhealthy/stressful work environment, cutbacks and top-heavy with upper management
Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  warren, OhioAugust 2, 2015
Has regular contact with patients, families, general public and other departments to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services based on physicians orders.
Now that CHS has bought TMH it is the WORST place to work in the country.
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 16, 2015
Management unfair and often undermines the employees. They out right lie to their patients and employees. There is NO JOB SECURITY!!!
Pros
NONE
The IT Staff can be very cool
Job Shadow/Intern (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 5, 2015
I just worked as an intern or job shadow candidate for only three months. In that time, I just worked primarily with the IT department. I got to work with them, go on calls, and help install hardware. I didn't get to be "on call" because I was just learning and didn't feel that confident to be able to go out on my own like that.
Pros
Learned a lot about technology
Cons
It was unpaid
Used to be a very enjoyable place to work.
Specialty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work is rough. We have no staff, very busy patients and everyone of the employees on the floor work as hard as they can to be told that we are the reason our HCAPS are bad.
Staff to patient ratio is very unsafe. I have never not wanted to go to work. I loved my job. I love what I do, just not the enviroment that the place has become
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Upper management that does not and has not worked the floor or hospital setting
Discards employees at will. Does not work to educate, train or develop employee talent.
RN (Current Employee) –  WarrenApril 4, 2015
Hard working staff with a great deal of talent and dedication. Poor management of people resources. Bottom line and priority is profit.
Pros
A paycheck
Shady company
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 30, 2014
I took a job in environmental services to get my foot in the door. Hoping for an opportunity to move up in the organization. But since have discovered it is not a company that I would be proud to work for.

Nursing staff and other hospital staff does the best they can with what they have to work with. The hospital is notably understaffed and they (chs) have no regard for their employees or patients. This used to be a excellent hospital. But after working their for awhile and having unpleasant experiences as a patient. I will not go to the very hospital I work at. How sad. Cleaning, staffing, hospitality and HIPPA privacy are all secondary to profit.

It is unfortunate that a hospital is run as a for profit business. They should all be ashamed.

I am currently looking for new job.
Pros
hard working staff that try their best to give good quality care to patients.
Cons
community health systems and non existant union i pay for.
Terrible!!!!!
TO SCARED TO SAY (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Always short!!!! All you every hear is sorry, we just don`t have it!!!!!! When is it ever going to end? Something very bad is going to happen and management just doesn't care. All about that mighty $ and not about the patients or employees!!!!!
Cons
short staff, high medical premiums, lack of consideration.
Eat N Park
Dispatcher/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  walmart drive in warren ohioJuly 21, 2014
started out as a waitress and worked my way up to a shift manager. I absolutely love working here. the girls I worked with were awesome. the management was great.. I loved waitressing out there with the customers .. seeing them enjoy there meal and making them smile. made my day..
Pros
got to meet the people that came in to eat
Cons
dont have any
Nice place to work
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OhioMarch 27, 2014
Nice place to work, nice place to start, to use as a stepping stone to find the right job
happy
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 14, 2013
Everyone was happy alway had a smile for the customer and patients always asked if there was anything for anybody too doo for them
Lead Clerical, Center for Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 5, 2013
Good place to work, overall friendly employees, good environment
Great place to work,always different situation everyday
Patient Support Associate: Perioperative GI Lab (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 19, 2013
Even though it's a great place to work,it can be very tiring. In the end it's well worth the benefits of helping patients
Pros
long lunch time....
Cons
working with difficult patients, having to explain things to them for understanding of the test being done and the possible outcomes
very cliclkish
Assisting Physicians (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 27, 2013
Not a friendly or good place to work, supervisor does not communicate well
Pros
na
Cons
unfriendly work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumbull Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8