Trumbull Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Don't.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Trumbull County, OHAugust 18, 2017
I am familiar with this department, this is a horrible job. Count on working 60+ hours a week, phone calls from angry staff all hours of the night, multiple shifts to cover due to report offs every week, employees who know it all and will have NO respect for you or your position. Have a thick skin, and a take no prisoners attitude. Good Luck.
Great Co Workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 16, 2017
Great Co Workers, Teamwork on the unit. Love the work, enjoy taking care of my patients, and watching them improve daily. Enjoy patient teaching and providing them with information to continue to improve their health.
Team work on the Med Surg floor was nice, as long as the right people were working
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 31, 2017
Learned a lot on the med surg ortho floor. Was difficult when the staff wouldn't communicate. The manager didn't want to come in between so nothing ever changed, if so, it was a very slow change.
Clinical Rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 11, 2017
Great place has a lot of potential but is very old hospital. I loved working with the staff because they were so friendly and willing to work with students.
worked mid nights
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 17, 2017
worked midnights while i was there and they could've definitely used more help. manager was very helpful and the staff stayed positive throughout the time i was there.
Pros
department stuck together
Cons
short staffed
nice place to work, great people
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 1, 2017
Great people, caring atmosphere. Workload was never an issue. worked with and for a great department leader. He was very knowledgeable. Cared about his people and worked very well with us.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
too many leadership changes
Productive, efficient, and well maintained
Medical Imaging Clerk/Radiology (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 15, 2017
This position provided to me the ability to work closely with Radiologist personnel, the department teams involved in the very core of this department, and also the patients that were presented to us for care. I learned a large amount of knowledge from working in this position. It provided to me the standards of anatomy, understanding of disease processes, and learning patient care.
Very busy but rewarding!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 6, 2017
You work very hard throughout the day with short breaks. Your day passes very fast. There is a lot of OT if you would like. Management in different units and floors can be very difficullt. Working with great co-workers, learning new things every day and being awarded patients' praise and thankfulness.
Pros
Fast paced, working as teams and helping others feel better.
Cons
Management.
i love working at trumbull
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 24, 2017
I draw blood for in patient and out patients and did processing specimen spin down and pour off and also micro. my typical day would be drawing blood for out patients. then I would process specimen
Job
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Best place to start off your career. They give you opportunity to move up in the company. Some nurse's are great to work with and others need organizational behavior training.
Trumbull hospital
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 16, 2016
Good place to work. Sudden furlough to employees but prior to that was a good place to work. Union pay was good. I did not have any if the benefits that included health insurance/vision etc, although it was offered.
Great facility with potential for growth, excellent care providers.
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Warren, OhioNovember 13, 2016
Hospital faces dealing with challenges in the health care industry. Constant dynamic struggle to maintain excellent care while remaining a viable, profitable entity. Has managed to maintain high national ratings for exceptional delivery of care.
Pros
Ability to discover ones maximum potential as a health care provider.
Very stressful
dietary worker 3 (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHAugust 18, 2016
I worked for this company for 36 years they work short everyday and the keep adding more and more work on you. They do not appreciate you, and the supervisors like to cause conflicts among the workers. The director always acts like she is opened to your ideals, but in fact she never really listens to you, it's her way or no way
good hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 1, 2016
I worked on orthopedic and urology floors of TMH.
A typical day on the orthopedic floor was very busy and physically demanding. There were patients to get ready for surgery. Patients coming back from surgery that had to be monitored. Admissions to do which included a lot of time to get all of the paperwork done and evaluations in. There was range of motion exercising, walking patients, medications, etc.

The floor nurses worked together and the head nurses were good to work with. They were demanding of excellence, yet helpful when needed for advice.

The Urology floor was a bit different. I would have benefited by staying on the Orthopedic floor. The staff were different and more challenging to get along with. The head nurse was difficult to please and that made the work environment more stressful.

I enjoyed working with patients and seeing them get well. I did not like the stressful demands.
Pros
They had a lot of benefits for both part time and full time workers.
Cons
Limited hours of work. Some weeks I would only get 1 day of work.
Strong workforce
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 17, 2016
Sterile processing is an honorable place to work. I consider it kind of the glue to the hospital. A typical day includes the proper washing and handling of instruments that are used in operating room, labor and delivery, and other units throughout the hospital. Once they are properly disinfected, they are set back up in the appropriate fashion and re-sterilized to be reused. The best part of my day is the interaction I get with my co-workers in the processing department as well as the surgical unit. They've all become quite like family to me. Management has not been consistent for the four years that i have worked there. I had an abundant amount of support from my co-workers while in school and working, but management toward the end of my junior and majority of my senior year of college were less supportive. In all, it was an enjoyable place to work and I appreciate all of the education and experience I have attained through the sterile processing department.
Worst job I've ever had
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Med/Surg, ICU/CCU management lacks professionalism and runs the show like you're working in a high school with a bunch of gossipy teenagers. Culture is horrible. Worst place I've ever worked. The sad thing is that if I would have had the opportunity to work there under decent management I probably would have stayed.
Good job with some flexibilty in schedule.
Registered Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 20, 2016
My typical day includes providing a variety of ultrasound procedures to help physicians with a diagnosis for the patients. I enjoy ultrasound as there is always something new to learn. The hospital is going through a reorganizational period with changing healthcare needs. Staffing needs are changing as the patient flow seems to be decreasing.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Worked for several years, no room to move. Minimal raise.
Clinical Documentation
Clinical Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 6, 2015
As a clinical documentation supervisor, a typical day recently changed with the implementation of ICD-10. The role involves rounding with physicians, answering questions, and assisting with the necessary clinical documentation in order to provide the true clinical picture of the patient and maintaining the integrity of the medical record. The Director of the department is very hands-on and likes to be kept in the loop. My co-workers are wonderful. We work as a team in order to achieve accurate documentation, increase the severity of illness and his/her risk of mortality. The most difficult part my clinical documentation position is dealing with physicians who are challenging. The most enjoyable part of being the clinical documentation position is the reward of obtaining the needed documentation and making the chart complete.
Pros
Great interpersonal working relationships
Cons
Stressful expectations
Horrible
nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 27, 2015
This company is not local and they do not care about the employees. They have come in and literally broken up families. They breed an atmosphere of back-stabbing, tattle-tales and fear. You never knew if you were going to be walked out. They have bred a breed of manager that is so afraid of losing their job, they make the work dangerous for the patients. I would NEVER recommend this hospital to anyone.
Corporate First, Employees Last
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Nurses griping, unhappy since CHS takeover. Disorganized processes, lacking consistency & thoughtful applications. Unsafe, short staffing at times. Poor employee morale, management will attempt to bully employees into working overtime due to their inefficient hiring & staffing practices. 61% patient satisfaction. No surprise.
Pros
Employment, appreciative patients, strong union
Cons
Unhealthy/stressful work environment, cutbacks and top-heavy with upper management