Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership (TNP) is a community development organization located in Warren, Ohio that seeks to engage and empower residents and stakeholders in efforts to revitalize neighborhoods of Warren and its surrounding communities through initiatives that address and improve the quality of life.
Assists with creation of revitalization strategy development for each neighborhood with a focus on sustainable reuse of derelict vacant land and structures. Directs planning activities in accordance with the recommendations set forth in the City of Warren’s Comprehensive Strategic Plan; Executes zoning and ordinance review in accordance with the City of Warren’s Community Challenge grant. Reports directly to Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership’s Community Planning Coordinator provides regular updates to TNP’s Program Director.
- Manage and guide the development of the Comprehensive Strategic Plan as adopted by the c city of Warren in 2009
- Represent TNP on the Resident Strategic Planning Committee; gather input and provide updates on the implementation of specific recommendations per committee process
- Conduct review of existing zoning code and prioritizes revisions to ordinances, building standards and other barriers to the development of affordable housing and viable land recycling projects that increase public health and sustainable community development in accordance with the City of Warren Community Challenge grant
- Work with Department of Engineering, Planning, and Building as well as with the department of Community Development, City Health Department, City Law Department, other departments as needed and with Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership to implement zoning and ordinance changes as needed
- Assist Community Planning Coordinator with completion of residential parcel inventory and development of neighborhood revitalization plans with an emphasis on sustainable redevelopment of vacant land and structures
- Successfully complete regular reporting requirements per HUD Community Challenge grant guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or related field or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of planning or community development experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong computer, mapping, and database skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Reliable transportation and ability to do field work
- Self-motivating and self-starting
- Commitment to TNP organizational mission
- Ability to project a positive self image
- Ability to be flexible with time based upon professional requirements
- High level of professional ethics
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than July 31, 2013
Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership
147 West Market
Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership is a 501(c)3 non-profit Community Development Corporation serving the neighborhoods of Warren, Ohio. The...