Trump Entertainment Resorts Employee Reviews

Great early on, then unworkable near the end
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Enjoyed going to work everyday for most of my time there. The last 5 years have been very difficult. Management became very anti-employee both union and non-union. Had great relationships with my managers and co-workers.
Pros
A mostly fun work atmosphere. Department managers were nice and fair.
Cons
no benefits, no paid lunch, quality of customers had gotten worse.
Fun place to work for..
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 29, 2016
I love the people i worked with but the company was so not under control they didnt know if we were closing of staying open. I another thing is that me didnt have benefits.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefit
Wonderful job but it will be closing in Oct 2016
Dual rate slot supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic City NJSeptember 14, 2016
I love my job but the casino is closing in October 2016. The management was terrific in helping to balance my home, school, and work life. I love the customers and tried to know all of the regulars by their first name. I enjoy helping people and especially when they won a big jackpot and I was instumental in their payment.
Pros
free food
Cons
no healthcare and limited hours
Do not apply here
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 14, 2016
They are very petty complain about every little thing but feel as though they can do whatever they want because their management
Pros
Hr break
Cons
No raises
Friendly and team work with co-workers.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 24, 2016
Trump Is a friendly place to work. Co-workers are team player and communica with the team. Nice people. Huge casino. My management will get me updated. Very helpful. Good food. Celebrate with guests and team members having a lots of fun.
Pros
Co-workers and management are so professional
Cons
Short breaks. Not enough toke.
Excellent experience in table games operations.
Casino Floor Person/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 17, 2016
I received excellent knowledge and experience in all casino operations such as customer service, dealer training,and maintaining the accuracy and security of all gaming transactions and operations.
Pros
Received much respect from all employees and management.
Fun anad productive
Slot Machine Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Employment recognition from employer and guests
Meeting a lot of people
family oriented and teamwork
Making our guest a priority
The most enjoyable part is knowing that I did a great job
Pros
employment recognition, benefits
Cons
lay offs
Closed
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2016
How not to run a company. I worker there for years and watched wasteful spending, especially when it came to executive salaries. The last few years they were open, they finally started cutting back, but it was far to late.
I necer worked here
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 9, 2016
I'm not really familiar with the place because I have never worked there . or for the review so I really wouldn't know to say for this. Hopefully when I do, if I do start working with review I love my job. The peole i work with. Im very good with workinf with people . i take work seriously. Very responsible. Plus im a fast learner
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30minute breaks
Excellent work environment with co-workers and management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Excellent work environment with co-workers and management. I have worked at the Trump Casinos for 28 years and it has been a rewarding experience for me, personally.
Trump Taj Mahal
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 17, 2016
Very not beneficial physically. Difficult and not enough pay. However it was decent and a experience. I wish to not have to go back to housekeeping.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
labor
nice place
games dealer, pit clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 2, 2016
I learned to play speed chess on my 20 min. breaks. I was a nice time to work for trump. I got to work in a couple different departments, as a pit clerk,and a supervisor of the pit clerk department, It was fun.
Pros
good location
Cons
not enough things to do for the employees
Very friendly, active work day, learned a lot
Part time - nights (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 23, 2016
worked 3rd shift stocking shelves, unloading trucks, and misc. maintenance, utilized floor maintenance equipment. Found working 3rd shift challenging.,
Pros
Regular work, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Night shift
a fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people every night and assisting them on the casino floor and hotel. I enjoyed working overnight and watching people win at the games they were playing.
Pros
weekly paychecks
Cons
long commute
see resume
Casino Credit Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 12, 2016
retrieved customers credit report banking information to approve credit lines. Assisted Credit Executives with international customers. clerical duties answering phones, faxing. Hardest part of the job shift work. Best part of the job meeting and interacting with people
Long Term Employee
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 2, 2016
I was a loyal employee for almost 23 years and worked in a team setting that was supportive. I was very happy to be able to sustain long term employment that allowed me to provide for my family.
Poor benefits and poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic CityJuly 23, 2012
If you enjoy working at a company that gives little back to their employees the Trump Taj Mahal is for you. If you enjoy working under a management group that treats their employees with no respect the Trump Taj Mahal is for you.
I worked here for only three months but it would amaze you what I witnessed during those tree months...supervisors treating employees rudely, supervisors drinking on the job and an overall disrespect for their employees. You have to deal with supervisors that are not qualified and have little people skills.
While I was there they changed the employee benefits program...now you have to work a whole year before you can get one day off. You only get 4 sick days a year, the average person misses 6 days a year. You have to work there six months prior to getting medical insurance and holiday pay. There are no yearly pay raises and the starting pay for the job is low.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
management, supervisors, pto, health insurance, sick days
Fun High Energy Place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 2, 2014
Between working in the Casbah Nightclub or Ego lounge, it was fun
and enjoyable to go to work, never called out because i can honestly
say, i have a blast with customers and co-workers, i consider myself
always upbeat and positive, and I'm fortunate to surround myself with
others that have the same enjoyment in life. My management team always knew they could count on me for anything, i try to be as knowledgeable in everything I came across, never hurts to know too much, as far as the hardest part of the job, probably the odd work hours...9 to 5 meant 9 at night to 5 in the morning, but I've always been quick to take the busiest spots available, what can I say, Love a good challenge.
Benefits
Cons
Distance from my house (45 miles)
love my job but also hate it...
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 2, 2013
i love the people i work with. like my job because it is very lucrative and i make a lot of money. but there is a freeze on getting a raise and chance of advancement is slim. the turn-over rate is very high as people quit and get fired often. company gets more and more "cheap" every year taking away a lot of our benefits or "watering them down". i feel like im trapped working here because of the amount of money i make. my managers are awesome tho, cant say they arent. they help me out a lot and they dont have to even do any of it. greatly appreciate them. the job itself is great. just the company itself is very money hungry
Pros
provide hour paid breaks, free lunch, vacation time, health benefits
Cons
inconsistent schedule, low chance of advancement, no raises
Good people and good product. Company in steep decline.
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work included finding creative solutions for a wide range of problems. It was all about balancing. In such an environment, there was no limit to what you could learn by helping out someone who was overburdened.

The management and coworkers were great! Very helpful and supportive. Always willing to go out of their way to help.

The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish an ever expanding set of responsibilities with diminishing resources. Conversely, the most enjoyable part was being able to succeed in such a difficult environment.
Pros
the employees were the single greatest part of the job, great people struggling to do the best with the limited tools available, he employee dining room provided one free hot meal per shift to employees.
Cons
benefits have been repeatedly cut, salaries frozen for over five years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trump Entertainment Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.