Trump Entertainment Resorts Employee Reviews

job
Casino Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 15, 2017
The property is closed. It was like a family but it closed down for business. The building is going to be imploded and it is a shame because with the proper care it would still be around.
trump
poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Gary, INNovember 5, 2017
The supervisor did not back up the dealers at all and they didn't try to help out the dealer when we were all new to the industry. We barley made a check because we didn't get tipped often.
Pros
i had a job at least
Cons
Management was bad really bad
It’s closed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 25, 2017
The manager was not a good person and anyone who was a good person did not last as management, the employees were friendly and liked working with each others .
Fast paced
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed my employment for Trump Entertainment, until I was unjustly released for something that was beyond my control. I don't have any more to say about this company.
nice place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 9, 2017
Customer services was excellence.The guest was pleasant to be around,some became like family to you.Management was fine to work for.Hospitality services was good
Fun and fast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 29, 2017
I bartended at one of the busiest casinos in the world. It was fast paced and taught us to handle stress, prioritize tasks and cater to customers.

Towards the end management did not seem to try. They were driven m=by the bottom line of other casinos owned by CEO. They would not make capital improvements or allow for sale to competitors.
Pros
Well paid, benfits, people I worked with
Cons
Casino closing.
Productive and Fun
Dual Rate Slot Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401September 29, 2017
Very nice environment, nice place to visit and work.Nice rooms and very large Casino for enjoyment. All amenities including swimming pool. Trump Taj Mahal has closed.
Pros
Excitement
Cons
Shifts
Trump Entertainment Resorts had some wonderful, hard-working employees who were put out of work when the Casino/Hotels were closed.
Casino Hotel Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Trump Entertainment Resorts employed some outstanding people. Most management was great to work with, and most employees worked hard at their jobs. As a supervisor I was responsible for four different departments, and enjoyed the fast-paced ever changing atmosphere. However, when one person left they were usually not replaced, thus the remaining employees had to share extra job duties. There were three Trump properties in Atlantic City. One was sold to the Golden Nugget, and the other two were eventually closed. This put many good, hard-working people out of work in a small, competitive environment.
Bloodsuckers
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Took everything they could from the property and staff, including mgt.
Closed outlets so that guests had no where to eat. Increased work load on housekeeping so rooms weren't clean. Chopped facilities to the bone so thing remained broken
Pros
free meals
Cons
atmosphere
Very good place to work
Casino Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 9, 2017
Positive people nice environment to work full of additional qualities everyone was like a family member you always wanted to come to work customers also kept you up beat and entertained.
Pros
Free meals good break time
Trump
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 4, 2017
Trump entertainment shut down. I would never have left if it had remained open. I enjoyed my job and the people who worked there. Helped my career advancement,
the best in town
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 30, 2017
leading a culinary team of 150 cooks and chefs
ability to multi-task, stay ahead of the sharks
lots of celebrities performing in the theatre and performing in sports events, as well as enjoying themselves
Excellent workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Taj very much. I left after my children were born. I would never have left if it weren't for that. I was treated wonderfully and they appreciated me very much as I did them.
Pros
Benefits union great pay and hours
Originally great place to work. Fast paced and challenging. Very rewarding
K9 Security Officer, Investigator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, N.J.08410August 22, 2017
As I said, a challenging and rewarding place to work. Several great supervisors and co-workers. Some great customers. Overall, a good learning experience.
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, opportunity.
Cons
Unfortunately, business declined, and with it...
Productine and fun place to work.
Cashier for Chips/Money/Checks (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 19, 2017
I worked in the chip redemption/ finance department which I learned every aspect of it on the job. Management was great. It was difficult working the graveyard shift, but I enjoyed each job of 4 in this position.
Pros
Working in the bank position and the credit position.
Cons
Hours, graveyard shift.
Cadino Industry
Base Officer (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 11, 2017
This Casino is no longer in business. It was also a fast paced smoked filled work environment. It was located next to Majestic Star Casino and is no longer there they had slot machines and table games available it is now a part of Majestic Star Casino.
review
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2017
Was a very busy schedule, a high volume of customers and business, I had a lot of fun working with most of the staff. I made good money, the management team could have handled certain situations in better manners but overall it was standard. a wide variety and diversity with staff and patrons. the hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated or unruly patrons who thought they were above laws and rules. handled them with care dignity and respect and tried to please everyone to the best of my ability.
Pros
free food 3 meals daily benefits and potential earnings
Cons
short breaks unruly staff and no union lotyalty
Porductive and fun to work
Fast Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 31, 2017
This was my first job I wish they never closed the casino I would have been still working for them, great co workers, excellent benefits fun to work for
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches
Cons
Over work you
Very Productive Atmosphere and Relaxed.
Casino Games Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 30, 2017
Started at Resorts Casino Hotel in 1982 as a Full Time Dealer. Was the only Casino in Atlantic City at the time. Great and Fun place to work. Worked at Taj Mahal Casino Resort as Table Game Supervisor from opening in March 1990 till September 2002. Excellent place to work Great Environment. Awesome Customer Service. It was a promotion for me. Great opportunity for me. In 2002 I was promoted to Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino as a Casino Administrator. Responsible for most of Casino Operations. I reported to the Casino Manager. All my experiences were wonderful and I enjoyed working for all.
Pros
Vacation Days, Two Personal Days, Free Parking and Free Meal(s)
I loved working for Trump Casino it was great
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJuly 21, 2017
I looked forward to going to work so that I can laugh and talk to my coworkers I learned to count large amount of money learned to communicate with the guests. I learned to balance my bank because I like to balance because it let me know that I was paying attention to want it was doing. The work place was nice and clean with bright lights and loud and guests having big fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting along with my coworkers and the guests they make my day.
Pros
I enjoyed working at Trump Casino