Trump Plaza

Trump Plaza Employer Reviews

Buisness is run with a skeleton crew and very little up keep as it is up for sale
Cook (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 19, 2014
overall good management team but the casino it self is falling apart absolutely no money is spent on up keep or anything that isnt dire to day to day because it is currently up for sale
Standard job
Tailor (Current Employee), Atlantic City, New JerseyJanuary 5, 2014
I generally have an easy job. I work well with the customers as well as my co-workers. So far, I've learned a lot about stock inventory and management.The jobs most challenging aspect is not being able to use all of my skills. On the other hand, I enjoy the close proximity to my home, and the ocean views.
Lots of Ladies
Casino Accounting Rep (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch, health insurance, a genuine feeling of being part of a team.
Cons: benefits being systematically cut, worrying about if you don't have a job the next day, and putting more work on the people that are left.
I am at the time clock at 8:50 AM my shift starts at 9 o'clock I clock in and proceed to take the elevators that will take the to my office. Usually it is someone there I will say hello and greeting and then look at my schedule to see what I have to do that day. Depending on what it is will depend on whether I stay in office all day or part a day but – more... usually it is an assignment work on downstairs. I grab a bag some supplies and go downstairs I go to this place where I must audit and count tickets to make sure that they are correct. I must make sure the number of the tickets is right when I get back upstairs I will be comparing the dollar amounts after everything is calculated and accounting for I give the figures over to My B I person. I put information into the computer concerning the figures of the day. Then there's reports that I must run for today and for seven days. Throughout the day there is light interaction a little bit of chatting but because I have other things besides my basic work is very little from me the hardest for my job is getting all my jobs together in the most enjoyable part of my job is when I get it all done in a single day. – less
it was an interesing experince
Room service Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJOctober 24, 2013
my typical day at work for trump was coming in counting my money, then making sure all room services waiters had everything they needed. After that is was pretty much waiting for phones to ring answering phones cleaning the office and tipping out waiters.
Overall, it was a pretty good place to work.
Player Development Executive (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJOctober 14, 2013
Pros: set salary.
Cons: hours and schedule.
A typical day consists of telemarketing, taking calls, meeting customers, reserving rooms, dinners and events. I learned a lot about casino operations. The management and co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to work 10-12 hour days at times. What I liked most was interacting with people.
New Board of Directors
Director of Security (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, Florida 33410August 2, 2013
Pros: free sheltered parking. flexible hours.
Cons: work place safety issues.
New managing board wanting to improve current security operations by informing the General Manager of their concerns. He was my supervisor. The work day consists of reviewing reports, complaints, operational issues and camera recordings. Existing 14 member security staff were long term employees functioning as security / concierge employees. They did – more... not follow a dedicated hourly work schedule. The most difficult situation was implementing a chain of command, with an accountability structure supported by a set of standard operational procedures manual. Security upgrades were not well accepted by staff or management because of monetary costs. A budget for this department did not exist. I learned that the board members had their own agenda which did not agree with the general managers agenda which impaired my ability to function. Underground parking with easy access to various offices and locations was great. – less
Beach Bar
Hotel cashier (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 23, 2013
Pros: customers enjoying themselves
Cons: customers under the influence
Very exciting and entertaining. Great coworkers and good feeling to know that customers are enjoying themselves. Some customers and get very drunk and can become rude at times. Also late hours getting off of work.
Casino Cashier (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 10, 2013
Pros: cafeteria was open and had good food
Cons: you never knew what to expect
A typical day at work was very busy. Customers are constantly in need of money and information.
My supervisors and coworkers were all very pleasant and easygoing, but also hardworking. Everyone knew their position well, which made working more pleasant.
The hardest part of the job was all the information needed to be retained, as well as the customers. – more... Every now and again, you would come in contact with a customer who was rude or stern, but nothing I could not handle in a professional manor.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people have fun winning money. – less
Trump Plaza
EVS Attendant (Former Employee), NJMarch 15, 2013
Pros: it was good while it last
Cons: supervision was good and bad
I had a great 21 yrs workin at one of the great casinos of all time now it is being sold
Great place to work.
CAGE CASHIER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Atlantic City, N.J.October 12, 2012
Pros: meeting so many people.
I worked here when the Mike Tyson fights were all the rage. I met Mike. He was very nice. I met many other celebrities. Amoung them were Madonna, Sean Penn, Richerd Pryor, Barbra Steisand, etc, etc,
I met many wealthy people also. This is the place to be. My supervisors and co-workers all had a great time while working and getting the job done.
casno hotel
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: they took away every fringe benefit of working for a casino
The casino business is very cold, they don't care about there employees, only the bottom line. Ive seen them fire people that have been there over 20 years, because they made too much money. Then turn around and give their executive thousands of dollars in bonuses.
good job
Assistant Food Server (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMay 7, 2012
great co workers, stable employment, fast paced, so so management and a great work experience
enjoyable workplace
casino dealer (Current Employee), atlantic city,n.j.November 12, 2011
Pros: people
Cons: toke rate
I"ve worked for trump plaza for over 4 years.I really like the people,but the chance for advancement is really slim. Nobody in fact, has been promoted during that time.

About Trump Plaza

Feel like craps? Trump Entertainment Resorts (TER, formerly Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts) owns and manages the Trump Plaza¬†and – Read more