Trumpet Behavioral Health

Trumpet Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Looks good on the suurface
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 3, 2017
TBH looks like a great company on the surface. However, after being there for over a year it was clear that money is far more important than their clients or employees. Training is messy, leaving new hires lost and discouraged. Focus is on provided the highest billable care possible, no matter what the client actually needs. And if you bring in results too fast or not fast enough (thus reducing the billable time) you will be punished. Office staff is unprofessional and rude. Trying to find support is impossible. Clients are often angry and turn to therapists with their complaints because no one else responds to them. I thought this was my area only, but I have since gotten feedback that indicates these are company wide issues.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Training, support, office staff, hours
Very organized work place
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 3, 2017
This job is great to gain experience in working with children who have autism. It's very rewarding making a difference in children's lives. This company helps one pursue their career.
Pros
Many activities for students
Cons
Hours aren't always guaranteed
Productive and Fun
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2016
TBH is a great company that help their employees grow in the field. It is a positive environment. The hardest part about the job can be hours, like an other behavioral company the hours are not guaranteed.
Resume builder
Behavioral Skills Therapist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 22, 2016
The good:
The people in this company want to help you grow in the field. Off the bat they help you get registered as a behavior technician, as you progress within the company they will help you get further certification if you want to go for it.
There is funding to help you go back to school and get a Master's degree.
There are opportunities to participate in research.
You are constantly learning new things and cooperating with your team to make better programs for clients.
Sometimes it feels like you're getting paid to play with children.

The bad:
Work hours vary and it is not guaranteed that you'll have steady clients. This will always be a part time job.
Scheduling can be pretty messy, you will sometimes end with very few hours.
Work days can get pretty rough, you are working with children that may have severe problem behaviors; things will be thrown at you, you'll be hit, and you may get bitten.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth
Cons
Unstable hours, stressful environment
Unethical Company
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 29, 2016
Pros

You help children reach their maximum potential of independence.

However, if I had a child with a disability I would never take them to TBH. A funding source said TBH made numerous errors during the initial assessments, so if you want your child's percentage of developmental delay to be accurate, seek other ABA companies to help your child.

Cons

The company does not pay everyone what they're owed. They were recently sued and had to settle for $330,000. Not only are they dishonest to the people who bring up issues, but they also took money from the employees who come everyday just to help the children.

They do not value any of their employees and they do not fufill their core values.

1) Clients First- with high turnover, that affects the families and the child gets more pairing than actual programming.

2) Integrity- rather than paying the employees the amount they were owed, someone had to sue.

3) Excellence- "even if it is the best practice it's not required."

4) Teamwork- they use petty retaliation if you bring up concerns that would obviously be a concern to the labor department.

5) Fun-the only fun part is interacting with the children and your supervisors.Show Less

Advice to Management

There's no point because they don't value the concerns of employees. The exact words of one of the higher ups was "just because something is the best practice doesn't mean it's required." With that mentality, this company will continue to have high turnover. All of the responses from HR on this website are just excuses and they will never directly address
  more... the problems.  less
Pros
See Above
Cons
See Above
Pros/Cons
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 26, 2016
So Trumpet Behavioral Health tries to help clients with behavioral problems by providing them with the best behavior therapists, speech therapists, etc. But they don't compensate that well for traveling from your own home to a client's home, no matter how far the client's home may be from your home. I mean at least for me, it wasn't worth it because you could be stuck in traffic and there would be no compensation for your time. They only compensate you for your time traveled from one client's home to another.
Nice place, great co-workers.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 13, 2015
Appreciate the quiet atmosphere in the office. Love my commute. Great supervisor and co-workers. Workload is heavy but working with wonderful people makes it tolerable.
Pros
Work with wonderful co-workers
Cons
Heavy workload
Love it!
Behavioral Skills Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2015
I love the environment at Trumpet! Staff and management alike are always super friendly and super supportive. Trainings prepare you for cases and if you're not prepared, clinician on teams will always be there to help via email or even come to your sessions to help out. There is a system to show your appreciation to others and overall, the company is great!
Cons
Low amount of hours, client cancellations
they train you well
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2015
if you work at the centre you get to learn a lot, new clients, new programs.co workers are usually nice and helpful.the hardest part in the management is not that helpful, they believe in quantity not quality.
Pros
you will be trained
Cons
will not get support from management
Great place to work, quick opportunity for advancement
Associate Clinician (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 12, 2014
Trumpet Behavioral Health (TBH) is a great place to work. Staff is friendly and helpful, everyone is welcoming, and management is making sure that all staff is up to date on all recent empirical data and best practices to ensure that all staff is implementing programming with integrity and with methods supported by empirical research.

Want to know more about Trumpet Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
Great people doing Great Work
hardworking soul (Current Employee) –  somewhere out westApril 29, 2014
A budding company with aspirations and desires to be one of the "greats" in the field...There is a strong desire to succeed and bring about the best possible outcomes for consumers served everyday.

The challenge here is to identify the fine line between being great and trying to do much with too few great people.

Lots of over-achievers and the desire to work long and hard...that's ok but not everyone can or wants to live this way. Executive Management is top-notch but they model this extreme workaholic behavior and everyone else feels compelled to "compete".
Pros
amazing people, high quality effort, home for "the best of show" in ABA., research, fun people
Cons
too much expected from too few key people
Hands on job for a great company
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAMarch 8, 2014
I loved working for Trumpet. The company is very compassionate about its clients and employees. My co-workers were hard working and group oriented. My only complaint would be the odd hours making it hard to balance finances because of not being able to obtain many hours some weeks.
Great environment for the children who attend Trumpet.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 13, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Trumpet Behavioral Health for many reasons. One main reason is the love I share for working with children. Working with kids with disabilities takes patience and acceptance.
Rewarding career
Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 21, 2013
Working with Autistic child is one of the most rewarding jobs and I'm so glad to be apart of their lives.
Awesome
Paraprofessional/Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 24, 2013
This company takes care of their employees. The only problem is that its difficult to advance in the company. But the company does offer good benefits and employee support.
A place I grew and learned my passion
Associate Behavioral Consutant (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CASeptember 16, 2013
I had amazing support from my supervisor, loved the company - a lot of growth has happened, which is both good and bad. Supported me through my masters! LOVE NORTHBAY PEOPLE!
Pros
North Bay Amazing group - freat management
Cons
Driving and ability to have enough hours for staff
Strong values to help children with special needs
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 21, 2013
Although the office is located in Ukiah all of the children I work with are in home care. Most children I work with have autism although there are others with different developmental disabilities. I usually only see each child for around two hours. I use different skills depending on what the child needs to improve on. I might be working on getting compliance from a child. I may be teaching them how to use their words more properly (Can I have that please vs. I want that) or working on teaching them PECS (picture icon communication) The goals differ depending on the child but the basic idea is to work one on one to create a person more functional in society by shaping their behavior. I only see the counselors I work under once every week or two. It is hard because I feel like there is always a test when they are watching me but it is also good because I feel like I can get a lot of positive feedback to make me better at my job. I love working with the children and feeling like I am making a difference in their lives. I feel I am helping them become more functional human beings. Unfortunately the job has so little hours and that is why I am looking for more work.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
Too little hours
good work requires hard work
hard working soul (Current Employee) –  out westApril 19, 2013
Its been nearly a year for me at Trumpet aka TBH and I have to say that almost a day doesn't go by where I don't stop and reflect on what it feels like to be part of an organization that brings about so much good for individuals and families as part of our everyday work life.

Is it always easy? NO, that would be a pretty naive thing to suppose...its long hours, hard work, emotional fatigue, tons of email, helping many people everyday with many things and often without enough recognition but it still feels good.

It's easy to get too focused on our own little slice of the pie and think how we are not getting everything we need but in the bigger scheme of things i realize we get more than most do. Corporate America can be a real drag...
1. We get to do good work
2. We get to collaborate, share our feelings openly and not suffer negative feedback when they are a reflection of our human imperfections...
3. We get to work with some of the highest caliber professionals in the industry!
4. We get great benefits from a small company...probably too good.
5. We are making a positive impact!
6. We get to be who we are...everyone brings something important!

I wish we were perfect as do many others but then it would be boring wouldn't it? Striving for perfection is part of the human struggle and its no different at work.

I love the people I work with (in a professional way of course) and I love what we do...I love that I think "we" too...that says a lot in my book.
Pros
values, great people, top notch clinical teams, great benefits and lots of opportunities
Cons
communication, too much and yet not enough
Can be a great place to work if you have a flexible schedule
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2013
Trumpet Behavioral Health use to be call I can too learning center. ICT was a great family oriented please to bring children with Autism to learn.. If you have a very flexible schedule I would subject you try it out... the people are friendly and great to work with. .
Do not be fooled from what they advertised
paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  MauiJanuary 11, 2013
I highly recommend that individuals looking for a rewarding job such as this look to a different company. TBH has been of constant lies as well as a "political" place to work. Employees are treated unfairly and never appreciated for the job done. Very unhappy organization to work for which is unfortunate because the special needs clients are wonderful to work with. Raises, bonuses, promotions, etc. are rare (i.e. Once every 3 years) and are ridiculous. I would encourage individuals looking at this company to call the labor board and hear how many complaints/violations they have from their own employees before going forth with this application.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
does not care about their staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumpet Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9