Trumpet Behavioral Health

Trumpet Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Love it!
Behavioral Skills Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2015
I love the environment at Trumpet! Staff and management alike are always super friendly and super supportive. Trainings prepare you for cases and if you're not prepared, clinician on teams will always be there to help via email or even come to your sessions to help out. There is a system to show your appreciation to others and overall, the company is great!
Cons
Low amount of hours, client cancellations
they train you well
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2015
if you work at the centre you get to learn a lot, new clients, new programs.co workers are usually nice and helpful.the hardest part in the management is not that helpful, they believe in quantity not quality.
Pros
you will be trained
Cons
will not get support from management
Great place to work, quick opportunity for advancement
Associate Clinician (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 12, 2014
Trumpet Behavioral Health (TBH) is a great place to work. Staff is friendly and helpful, everyone is welcoming, and management is making sure that all staff is up to date on all recent empirical data and best practices to ensure that all staff is implementing programming with integrity and with methods supported by empirical research.
Great people doing Great Work
hardworking soul (Current Employee) –  somewhere out westApril 29, 2014
A budding company with aspirations and desires to be one of the "greats" in the field...There is a strong desire to succeed and bring about the best possible outcomes for consumers served everyday.

The challenge here is to identify the fine line between being great and trying to do much with too few great people.

Lots of over-achievers and the desire to work long and hard...that's ok but not everyone can or wants to live this way. Executive Management is top-notch but they model this extreme workaholic behavior and everyone else feels compelled to "compete".
Pros
amazing people, high quality effort, home for "the best of show" in aba., research, fun people
Cons
too much expected from too few key people
Hands on job for a great company
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAMarch 8, 2014
I loved working for Trumpet. The company is very compassionate about its clients and employees. My co-workers were hard working and group oriented. My only complaint would be the odd hours making it hard to balance finances because of not being able to obtain many hours some weeks.
Great environment for the children who attend Trumpet.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 13, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Trumpet Behavioral Health for many reasons. One main reason is the love I share for working with children. Working with kids with disabilities takes patience and acceptance.
Rewarding career
Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 21, 2013
Working with Autistic child is one of the most rewarding jobs and I'm so glad to be apart of their lives.
Awesome
Paraprofessional/Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 24, 2013
This company takes care of their employees. The only problem is that its difficult to advance in the company. But the company does offer good benefits and employee support.
A place I grew and learned my passion
Associate Behavioral Consutant (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CASeptember 16, 2013
I had amazing support from my supervisor, loved the company - a lot of growth has happened, which is both good and bad. Supported me through my masters! LOVE NORTHBAY PEOPLE!
Pros
north bay amazing group - freat management
Cons
driving and ability to have enough hours for staff
Strong values to help children with special needs
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 21, 2013
Although the office is located in Ukiah all of the children I work with are in home care. Most children I work with have autism although there are others with different developmental disabilities. I usually only see each child for around two hours. I use different skills depending on what the child needs to improve on. I might be working on getting compliance from a child. I may be teaching them how to use their words more properly (Can I have that please vs. I want that) or working on teaching them PECS (picture icon communication) The goals differ depending on the child but the basic idea is to work one on one to create a person more functional in society by shaping their behavior. I only see the counselors I work under once every week or two. It is hard because I feel like there is always a test when they are watching me but it is also good because I feel like I can get a lot of positive feedback to make me better at my job. I love working with the children and feeling like I am making a difference in their lives. I feel I am helping them become more functional human beings. Unfortunately the job has so little hours and that is why I am looking for more work.
Pros
mileage reimbursement
Cons
too little hours

Want to know more about Trumpet Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
good work requires hard work
hard working soul (Current Employee) –  out westApril 19, 2013
Its been nearly a year for me at Trumpet aka TBH and I have to say that almost a day doesn't go by where I don't stop and reflect on what it feels like to be part of an organization that brings about so much good for individuals and families as part of our everyday work life.

Is it always easy? NO, that would be a pretty naive thing to suppose...its long hours, hard work, emotional fatigue, tons of email, helping many people everyday with many things and often without enough recognition but it still feels good.

It's easy to get too focused on our own little slice of the pie and think how we are not getting everything we need but in the bigger scheme of things i realize we get more than most do. Corporate America can be a real drag...
1. We get to do good work
2. We get to collaborate, share our feelings openly and not suffer negative feedback when they are a reflection of our human imperfections...
3. We get to work with some of the highest caliber professionals in the industry!
4. We get great benefits from a small company...probably too good.
5. We are making a positive impact!
6. We get to be who we are...everyone brings something important!

I wish we were perfect as do many others but then it would be boring wouldn't it? Striving for perfection is part of the human struggle and its no different at work.

I love the people I work with (in a professional way of course) and I love what we do...I love that I think "we" too...that says a lot in my book.
Pros
values, great people, top notch clinical teams, great benefits and lots of opportunities
Cons
communication, too much and yet not enough
Can be a great place to work if you have a flexible schedule
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2013
Trumpet Behavioral Health use to be call I can too learning center. ICT was a great family oriented please to bring children with Autism to learn.. If you have a very flexible schedule I would subject you try it out... the people are friendly and great to work with. .
Do not be fooled from what they advertised
paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  MauiJanuary 11, 2013
I highly recommend that individuals looking for a rewarding job such as this look to a different company. TBH has been of constant lies as well as a "political" place to work. Employees are treated unfairly and never appreciated for the job done. Very unhappy organization to work for which is unfortunate because the special needs clients are wonderful to work with. Raises, bonuses, promotions, etc. are rare (i.e. Once every 3 years) and are ridiculous. I would encourage individuals looking at this company to call the labor board and hear how many complaints/violations they have from their own employees before going forth with this application.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
does not care about their staff

Comment – July 6, 2013

Do not join this company for your own sake. The employees are not trained and supported to be good in their job. The therapists and supervisors are dedicated to the clients but the top management is money oriented. Employees' appraisals is not based on performance but dependent on if they are on good terms with the top management. A lot of punishment vs. reinforcement for an ABA company

Intense work environment with rewarding clinical outcomes
Director of Insurance Services (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 2, 2013
Trumpet is one of the leaders in the autism market place. With offices in eight states, we try to treat as many kids as we can who are diagnosed with autism. The autism clinical model is starting to become more accepted with the onset of autism insurance reform. Our many departments work together in order to garner admissions, treat children effectively with ABA therapy, and get paid after providing services.
A fast growing company
Insurance and Billing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 12, 2012
A very fast paced working environment made for short days and an exciting place to be. The quick growth of the company meant that new policies and procedures had to be developed in order to keep up. Working on multiple projects at a time made my job both challenging and rewarding.