Trumpet Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Recently bought out
RBT (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 21, 2017
TBH has been undergoing changes after it was bought out by a new group of investors. Since that time there have been unexplainable lay-offs, poor employee morale, high turnover, and unethical cost-cutting measures. Long-term employees are on their way out one way or another, and upper management has had a reactionary as opposed to a proactive approach to keep up with employee satisfaction. They waited until after many therapists left to offer a pay raise but still less than other companies.
Pros
Great training, excellent health insurance and 4% 401k matching
Cons
Cost cutting
Clinicians were great mentors
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 8, 2017
I felt that Trumpet hired excellent clinicians that helped teach and mentor the therapist on their cases. Any questions or issues I had I never hesitated to reach out to a clinician and they would always provide a reasonable and thought out answer.
Pros
Mentors, helpful
Cons
Scheduling team was horrible, hours
Fun work place
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2017
Great company.! Love all the kids I met, and I love when they learn new things.! However I did not like how the hours were not consistent, and I had to much free time on my hands
Pros
Meeting with new kids
Cons
Lack of hours
Meh
Behavioral Skills Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2017
Everything about here is great until something personal happens in your life then there is a lack of compassion for employees. Consistency is key for clients, but sometimes life happens and there is a lack of empathy towards it's employees.
Pros
The kids and training staff
Cons
Scheduling
Stay away
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 12, 2017
Never any consistency
Management demotes employees from positions without letting these employees know
Management does not understand that due to working with kids you get sick (horrible "call out" policy)
High turn over rate
Eh.
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Trumpet is a great place to grow professionally if and only if you plan on becoming a BCBA. The hours are variable and not guaranteed. As for an ABA company, you definitely learn the basics of ABA and apply it daily.
Training opportunities high; non-clinical demands time-consuming
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 14, 2017
This agency had many advantages on paper. Access to professional development resources are unparalleled. However, so much time needed to be devoted to quality assurance self/other assessment that there is little time for actual clinical support. With all the time spent on scheduling and rubrics, there was little time to take advantage of training opportunities. I did receive a solid foundation through my supervision and for that I will be grateful.
Pros
regular supervision, support through licensing and credentialing process, research committee to support cases
Cons
Too many forms and rubrics to complete, too much micro-managing and not enough larger clinical support
fun place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 8, 2017
My only complain would be the inconsistent hours other then that you have tons of support from staff and approachable supervisors. Never have to work weekends
Extremely poor management and compensation
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Extremely disorganized scheduling team, sometimes they would schedule two people for the same kid and one of them would just have to go home (which means he or she would not get paid even though they were scheduled). They will give and take hours at their disposition. No paid sick days or holidays. They just care about their client's money. Also not a very clean environment for what you would expect for a clinic that provides services to little kids.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
No paid sick days, no paid holidays, unstable hours.
In home sessions
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2017
Coming in and greeting parents and kiddo. Setting up area to begin session. Each kiddo has a different program, with this particular kiddo I would read a sentence out of a book and the kiddo would have to tell me specific details about what I read. I would also have to test the kiddo on social ques. The toughest part of my day was when my kiddo wouldn't grasp the concept I was teaching her. The program was set for this kiddo to get the answers right 3 times in a row but going by the days. I know she knew the work but sometimes she wouldn't answer correctly which caused us to restart the program all over again. I enjoyed everything about my position. Seeing a child grow in weeks is exciting and tells me I'm doing my job correctly
Pros
everything
Cons
no breaks

Want to know more about Trumpet Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
Unorganized
RBT THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CASeptember 3, 2017
The company has relatively poor scheduling and does not seem to be on the way of fixing it. They contact me last minute when they add children to the schedule or clients cancel. New hires are paid $16/ hour while you can earn .25 per 3 months based on reviews which is good, you only get 5 absences all year. There are no sick days you only get the 5 so even if you are injured and told not to work you are not paid and it takes away from your 5 days even with a doctors note. Working 2 years there I only got .75 raise though due to 5 day absent rule even though my reviews would be over 80% which was enough for a raise the absences prevented the raise.
Pros
Clients are great. You are well trained.
Cons
Wadges and scheduling staff.
fun working place
Temporary Hire (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2017
they allowed me to initiate my experience as working as a medical assistant, everyone was so helpful and each took their time to train me on how to fax/file/answer phone calls.
Pros
free lunches
The mission for the agency was positive towards assisting individuals with autiism.
Behavioral Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILAugust 8, 2017
Meeting the clients was a positive experience, but the actual training to prepare for the various encounter should have been more hands on verses computer training.
Unorganized
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJuly 30, 2017
Trumpet Behavioral Health does not communicate effectively across the organization, leaving the therapists in the dark about procedure changes but then penalizing the therapists when they do something incorrectly.
Up and starting company with fun workplace
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 6, 2017
Up and starting company with fun workplace. Company leader in ABA therapy for young clients diagnosed with ASD. Company is less than 10 years old, so still going through growing pains while learning what works and what does not. Very high stressful job. Managers and staff are great.
Pros
Fun workplace, teamwork environment
Cons
High Stress
GReat place
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 25, 2017
having fun with kids and teaching them new things and helping them with their independence. They are closely monitoring you and you have several evaluations a month.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
No part time and are closely monitored everday not left for independence
ok company to work for
Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94566June 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my day was helping students with special needs and being able to relieve the parents for a few minutes of down time. Nice company to work for
Pros
flexibility
Cons
family cancellations
Fun ethical work place but poor pay
Senior Therapist/Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 30, 2017
TBH is a fun place to work with supportive management. It encourages learning and advancement in the field of ABA. Coworkers tend to get along and fun activities are promoted. The job can be stressful and challenging at times. The clients make it worth it, seeing their smiles and progress that they make.
Pros
ethical, fun, supportive
Cons
low pay
"Pass the buck" type of culture with no accountability.
Billing and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 18, 2017
I have noting good to say about Trumpet Behavioral Health.The typical day at work consists of lack of communication, poor leadership and incompetence. There is nothing to me that is enjoyable in the position.
Okay Company to Work for
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 17, 2017
Trumpet makes efforts to support staff, but there is very low moral, and the turnover rate is high. Training is minimal, and staff are occasionally left feeling confused as to how to best serve clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trumpet Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9