TRUMPF INC Employee Reviews

Subset of larger German company - not good
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 18, 2017
Manufacturing subset based in Central Jersey. A fast growing segment of the business in US. Creates powerful tools for manufacturing metal products but beseeched with disorganization and employee morale issues. German business mindset is, at times, incompatible with American know-how and expectations. Management style leans towards the ridiculous, emphasizing on office politics. Staff does not have confidence in leadership.
Would not recommend a long term stay, just enough to gain experience and make a better salary elsewhere.
Pros
Plant shutdown between Christmas and New Year's (i.e., company vacation)
Cons
Paid 1 a month. Probationary wait for benefits (vacation, 401k) which are basic not great. Pay is ok at best. Some managers are abysmal.
fair
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 16, 2017
my job experience was fair.
i felt that after working for the company for just under five years, i became more familiar with the knowledge that the more social you are with your co workers and mangers outside of work, the farther you will get within the company. i think that is just not fair to those who like to keep their personal life and work life completely separate. Which is very much how i operate.
Pros
good benefits / good PTO
Cons
poor management is some departments, not enough money for harder working departments
Good work culture.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 6, 2017
The company is growing and expanding all its departments. The work culture is well balanced and there are lot options to build a career.
good health insurance is provided.
good place to work
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 14, 2017
It was a good experience to work for such a big company. I will recommend this place to anyone looking for Entry level position and if you are looking for an experience.
great place to work
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 14, 2017
Very relaxed environment , good Management ,the busy time of year which is year end quarter can be hectic but overall it balances out . very family oriented company .
Work hard, you'll do well
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 14, 2017
I've loved working for TRUMPF. If you work hard, get along well with your coworkers, and work to make yourself an asset to the company, there are opportunities for you to advance. I've had very positive experiences here for the 10 years I've been with the company. This is a company where the senior staff is humble, down-to-earth. That alone sets them apart.
Pros
Good benefits, beautiful campus
Good company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 3, 2017
The company is top notch. I completed the temporary assignment. They have a great work ethic and respect work/life needs. They provide opportunities team building and healthy eating.
Good place to work.
Field Service Engineer SE Region (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 13, 2017
Good, stable Company with fair pay and benefits, with excellent training. Overall the company is good but travel consists of 90% or more with little down time.
Pros
All travel expenses are covered, fair perdem.
Cons
To much travel and long days.
Only did a high school internship
Student Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 14, 2017
This company is quite frankly amazing. It is because of them that my interests were sparked in the machining world. A clean facility would be an understatement.
Great Place to Work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 23, 2017
This is a great place to work, I have grown professionally in the two years that I have been with Trumpf. I would highly recommend working here. The work environment is stimulating and challenging, as well as rewarding.
Great company with a few drawbacks
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 4, 2017
Workplace environment is ever changing and the travel is awesome, however the travel can be upwards of 95% not leaving very much time for family and friends. While the benefits are great and the people you work both with and for are outstanding, the only real drawback is the time you have to devote to the job. Everyone is very friendly and super helpful and the most enjoyable part of the job is really dependent upon your own personal preference. I love working with others but as this is a predominantly solo position (you will be out on your own majority of the time) that leaves little time for socializing. As a family man, being away from mine was honestly the toughest aspect of the job.
Pros
Excellent benefits; awesome coworkers and management team
Cons
Alone majority of the time; very little time with family and friends
Nice quiet environment
Supervisor- Enrico Guerrera (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 17, 2017
I interned here for two summers and it was great experience. Nice quiet environment where they do not micromanage. The employees are accommodating to any questions.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Too much independence sometimes
Great Place
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 27, 2017
The best at training the people to do their job. But be aware... you will travel 100% of the time. Good pay and benefits. Everyone willing to provide their expertise to ensure you get the job done right.
Innovative High Tech Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 23, 2016
Face paced working environment with continuous exposure to leading edge technology. Supportive co-workers intent upon providing exceptional customer support. Assisting companies find solutions to thier manufacturing and production requirements was the most satisfying aspect of my job.
laid back
Laser Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 28, 2016
Trumpf is a multicultural work place with a great work environment very laid back and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work is very productive , fun , and very challenging when it comes to troubleshooting the product. I've learned many different things about laser manufacturing testing and troubleshooting and also repair.
Management and coworkers work together to produce product.
the hardest part of the job is the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being productive reaching the goals and looking forward to bonuses.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad weather, deer
Not a bad place to work.
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 15, 2016
Trumpf is not a bad place to work out of high school. there are no placement. you do the same thing every single day. no way to move up even if your doing your best. they pick who they want in different positions.
Very nice company to work for!!!
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJuly 13, 2016
It was a very nice company to work for,amazing atmosphere, great experience ....
I learned a lot,meat a lot of good people ....
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2016
It was great to work on CO2 Lasers. the hardest part was crawling inside of the cubes to do the repairs. It was great getting to going to the factory in Germany. I left due to poor pay a disrespectful co-worker. The manager was one of the best I had the opportunity to work for.
Pros
Great job oppotunity
Cons
Pay
An excellent workplace with plenty of opportunity for growth!
Field Team Lead / Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 9, 2016
A typical day consist of meeting with customers and going over the schematics of the OR's to see if the measurements meet their standards and if the equipment is able to go up without any issues. What I usually learn is that the customer is always right. The management team are always there when you need them and never hesitate to help out whenever they can.

My co-workers are very diverse and their own person to say the least. The hardest part of job i'd have to say is being away from my family and the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the end results of my hard work.
Ultra Precision Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 3, 2016
Trumpf has given me a opportunity to learn a new skill in the cnc machine industry and to that avail I'm grateful. My time there has been a experience to the fact and to my skill levels that I'm capable of learning and grasping new opportunities. Most of the individuals I will miss and I say that because there was a family bond with most than some. I'll never forget the time there positive or negative, moving forward, it was a great experience. Thanks....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRUMPF INC. Our community is ready to answer.