TRUMPF Employee Reviews

Innovative High Tech Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 23, 2016
Face paced working environment with continuous exposure to leading edge technology. Supportive co-workers intent upon providing exceptional customer support. Assisting companies find solutions to thier manufacturing and production requirements was the most satisfying aspect of my job.
laid back
Laser Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 28, 2016
Trumpf is a multicultural work place with a great work environment very laid back and comfortable place to work. A typical day at work is very productive , fun , and very challenging when it comes to troubleshooting the product. I've learned many different things about laser manufacturing testing and troubleshooting and also repair.
Management and coworkers work together to produce product.
the hardest part of the job is the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being productive reaching the goals and looking forward to bonuses.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad weather, deer
Not a bad place to work.
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 15, 2016
Trumpf is not a bad place to work out of high school. there are no placement. you do the same thing every single day. no way to move up even if your doing your best. they pick who they want in different positions.
Very nice company to work for!!!
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJuly 13, 2016
It was a very nice company to work for,amazing atmosphere, great experience ....
I learned a lot,meat a lot of good people ....
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2016
It was great to work on CO2 Lasers. the hardest part was crawling inside of the cubes to do the repairs. It was great getting to going to the factory in Germany. I left due to poor pay a disrespectful co-worker. The manager was one of the best I had the opportunity to work for.
Pros
Great job oppotunity
Cons
Pay
An excellent workplace with plenty of opportunity for growth!
Field Team Lead / Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 9, 2016
A typical day consist of meeting with customers and going over the schematics of the OR's to see if the measurements meet their standards and if the equipment is able to go up without any issues. What I usually learn is that the customer is always right. The management team are always there when you need them and never hesitate to help out whenever they can.

My co-workers are very diverse and their own person to say the least. The hardest part of job i'd have to say is being away from my family and the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the end results of my hard work.
Ultra Precision Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 3, 2016
Trumpf has given me a opportunity to learn a new skill in the cnc machine industry and to that avail I'm grateful. My time there has been a experience to the fact and to my skill levels that I'm capable of learning and grasping new opportunities. Most of the individuals I will miss and I say that because there was a family bond with most than some. I'll never forget the time there positive or negative, moving forward, it was a great experience. Thanks....
not for everyone
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 1, 2015
This is a job that is an acquired taste. If you are not married, or have any social life what so ever it is right up your ally. You fly to all 50 states on Sunday night or Monday morning to do your job at random locations that happen to own Trumpf equipment. Making all your own flight, hotel, and rental car arrangements yourself. 100% self contained with zero management. Do your job, while living in a hotel until Friday night, sometimes Saturday morning and you fly home. Just to use the 1 day you have before next weeks adventure doing your time sheets, expense reports and next travel arrangements. If all you care about is paying your bills and have no life outside work then this is a fantastic opportunity. But thats easily the 1%. The compensation doesnt seem that great on paper, but your also paid for travel time and it adds up fast.
Pros
great pay, great benifits, good managements structure.
Cons
zero social life, no free time, absolutely cannot have a family.
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Farmington CTOctober 12, 2015
Multi-Cultural
Great co-workers
Great Tech Company
Good hours
Would recommend to a friend
Nice facilities
Good benefits
All service engineer must be done right the first
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 30, 2015
Trumpf is a great company to work for. The 100 % Travel is a killer.
The hourly wag is low but the work is rewarding. My manager is great to work for and is very supportive
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
100 % travel
Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 15, 2015
The benefits and compensation was great. lack of job culture and lack of communication with management. Great hours. small office but lack of team work.
Pros
pay, healthcare
Cons
diversity, communication
High stress customer service, fun people to work with
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 24, 2015
Management is weak. Interesting group of people and cultures to work with, very positive. Offered skill training classes. Excellent benefits.
A Diverse Environment
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 10, 2015
There is a large amount of information to learn, but it is not as applicable towards my skills and passions within the mechanical engineering field.
Interaction with most colleagues is one of the best parts of the company.
Great Place to Work
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 15, 2015
Work environment is positive

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing everything we do will enhance patients health care for a better future.
Listen to their employees suggestions
Temp (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 3, 2014
Very employee oriented. Nurturing environment. Great pay and benefits. Co-workers were fun and extremely knowledgeable. Generous bonuses paid when available. The Christmas parties were elaborate dinner dances. They put on a Bunny Day each Easter for the children of the employees.
Pros
Very good environment for employees
Cons
It is hard to advance because very few people leave.
Good Stepping Stone
hourly production worker (Former Employee) –  FarmingtonSeptember 10, 2013
Trumpf quality and fine reputation stem from their German operation. The Farmington campus is just an assembly/sales facility. There is little if any room for advancement for hourly workers, but it's a decent enough place to be. If you're a masters or doctorate level engineer or manager, you might do well. It's a good place to start for service work, as they don't pay well and are always looking for new hires. Put in a year or two, then go get paid what you're worth elsewhere. As has been said many times: it might not look good when on your paycheck, but Trumpf looks good on your resume.
Pros
Clean Campus, Ample Parking, Decent Compensation
Cons
The floggings will continue until moral improves
Manfucture of Trumpf Lasers
MACHINE TOOL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 28, 2013
I worked in the Machine Tool Repair/Maintenance department. I learned how to repair, maintain, overhaul, and install various types of machine tools. The management at this company is top notch as well as the employees. The hardest part was the repair and re manufacture of complex spindle systems and the most enjoyable part was being able to walk away with the knowledge installed in me on how these systems work.
Pros
Benefts.
Cons
Job Stability. In tough economic times, their cash flow is low. Lay-offs were handed out.
Stable place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 5, 2012
TRUMPF reminds me of an extended group of family. Financially stable without any debts owed to banks or other entities. It is a GREAT opportunity!

My typical work day is stable and busy with administrative functions. I've learned the importance of team work and individual accountability to one's employer. I respect management and appreciate the flexibility they allow when it is urgently needed.

I enjoy communicating and working with my co-workers and being able to work through any difficult situations.

The hardest part of the job is when I unable to find a solution to a problem because it is beyond my control however, I connect with someone who is able to provide the solution.

The most enjoyable part of my job is successfuly providing assistance to a customer or employee.
Pros
a few
Cons
non-flex hours
Fun place to work at and highly productive
Engineering/test and Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranbury,NJOctober 17, 2012
Just a little about, I have been in the engineering corporate environment for the past five years, and I have learnt a lot of ideas both from work and in college.
Every day at my most recent job since february 2010 at Trumpf Photonics has been so awesome and demanding. It went from organizational skills, hygience,presentation, production, team work, research and development, training, designs up till of recent when I got into the RF department which involves lots of testing at a very high frequency and power. It's been very educative, awesome and makes me want to complete my Bachelors without anymore wasted time.All these work activities went on at various levels and different days i.e pretty much, every day I learn new thing.

The vertical structure of the company starting from the CEO all the to my immediate supervisor made things really easy for me, beacuse we were all like a family which has maintained a very a balance horzontal structure at avarious level s of operation. Every summer, we have a summer picnic and also a family day where employess come with their family members for a picmin as well.

I cannot recall when I can say that the job was hard, because, we all worked as a team and gve each other support. I really enjoyed working at Trumpf photonics esecially, when I have trouble shoot or research about a new product or corrective measure about a failing parameter.
Pros
motivational, family day, community day at princeton university
Cons
na
Interesting products and great people
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2012
Nice work environment. Busy days, not a minute to rest. The best part of my job are my peers.