Trunk Club Employee Reviews in United States

Great for first full time job.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
Flexible but long hours. Fast paced. Fun co-workers. Great space. Little room for growth. Have to learn quickly. Management could use improvement.
Love the work
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2016
Have to make sure clothes are picked and packed and ready to be shipped to the actual store to sell the clothes. They are very friendly and I love the work environment
trunk club
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
You work with so many great women, and the best thing about the job is there is no vacation policy.I have met so many people and made a lot of connections.
Warehouse Review: A place that was meant to fail
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60629July 10, 2016
I was informed that Nordstrom was closing the Trunk Club Warehouse one year from now. I don't know where to begin, but the place had lots of problems. They were trying so hard to be different than all the other workplace. Sadly, they just ended being another retail workplace. You get graded how call centers grade their employees. You unload and pack trunks based on the matrix system, Amazon does that. We have these meeting call the "huddle" but we are being talked to like children. What's even baffling was a lot of the workers there did not even care. All because the management did not treat them well. It is true to some extent, but that place was clearly not meant to be a career. Clear signs were the minimum wage, and little pay increase. Plus, the job was too easy. Anyone can do it. Heck, even a 10 year old can do it. But if I had to describe my co-workers in one word only: a sellout. They hated the place, but so many of them wanted to be full-time badly, then they invited their friends to the workplace. They went against their words. It was pretty much a fake environment. There are so many other workplace that are way better. Don't stay there for long term because you are simply wasting your time.
Pros
Music, plenty of water stations
Cons
So much, but why bother
Amazing learning environment for new sales people
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2016
Truck Club is a great team environment that has very fast paced sales. It allows you to learn the basics of cold calling in a start up environment with innovative tech systems.
great people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
great environment and friend employees. Awesome nordy discount for all employees too. perfect for new people in the apparel businss
Pros
apparel discount, pk, exposure to brands
Cons
pay structure, hours
Good for right out of college grads
Sales/Stylist (Current Employee) –  325 West OhioApril 27, 2016
This is a great place to work out of college- you'll never find a tougher sales job- will definitely teach you a lot. I would spend one year or less here.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, benefits, overall atmosphere and unprofessional co-workers
ping pong table
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
It was great working for them. plenty of work and fun around around around the job. management really works around your time you can pick the days you want to work by month
Easy-going, work friendly.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2016
I would come in check in with management, start my work as in scanning product and run racks. Grab racks from the restock section they called it and take them on the warehouse floor and stock them on shelves. Wait till the other co workers come and join in on a thing called "the huddle" the hardest part of the job was doing something I had no idea in doing but once they show me how to do it I eventually caught on. The most enjoyable thing about the job was talking to new people. Some new and old.
Hardworking Environment
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
When I first started at Trunk Club, I was building my book of business (like any typical Sales Associate). I worked very late nights, went to networking events, made cold calls, called my leads, and did everything I could to become better. After 8 months, I was taken off leads and my book consisted of over 300+ clients. Now my clients are handing me referrals and I am still networking to build my book.

Everyday at Trunk Club is different, but I am always interacting with my clients. This job has taught me how to talk to anyone (maybe even a wall- ha!). This job has also taught me how to be persistent and a great sales women. I learned the importance of professionalism and how to always be on my own two feet without any help.

I enjoy the relationships I have built at Trunk Club and that will be the hardest part to leave. I have amazing clients I know I will always be in touch with, and great friends who I have made along the way. Trunk Club is a tough environment to work in, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
Pros
Unlimited time off, breaks
Cons
Healthcare, pay
Productive, Fun Culture in Entrepreneurial Setting
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
Trunk ClubI was hired when we only had one-hundred people in the company and I help grow by meeting my goals in sales because because I absolutely meeting with clients and making them look GREAT! It didn’t feel like sales, I loved working there at the time! A year later, I raised my hand to open the New York City flagship store. While maintaining my leading role as a stylist, constantly booked with appointment, I also enjoyed helping with the interview process of new hires which grew from 10 to about 100 in my tenure.
Pros
Free gym membership and Uber once I was promoted to Gold Club!
Cons
worked 7 days of the week, very sales driven focus
Amazing culture
Custom Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2016
Duties change pretty much ever single day. Nothing is ever the same and it takes a large amount of intuition to assess the best route to complete specific tasks. You're on a small team supporting a large amount of stylists and other support teams company-wide, so it takes the need to be an effective communicator and you can't get stressed every time something unfortunate happens. You're in the line of professional problem-solver.
Pros
TONS of snacks, small tight-knit team, take breaks whenever you want as long as work it getting done
Cons
Low pay compared to other support positions and similar positions at other companies
Fun, fast-paced, start-up environment
Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
You meet some of the greatest people at Trunk Club. Leadership teams work hard to make sure you get to where you want to go, as you move up there is a little less development support from the upper level management. You will learn so many things that you can take on to other jobs at Trunk Club.
Pros
The people and the environment.
Cons
Growth opportunities are hit or miss.
Very tense unwelcoming place
PERSONAL STYLIST/SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
It first started off as a dream job but that soon changed within the first 6 months, I tried to stay positive once I hit my 1year.. but couldn't handle it anymore. Micromanaging is huge here, personally don't work well under it. If you love the sorority life, you'd do well.

No one ever knows whats going on, and the turn around rate makes you think how do they stay in business.
Pros
Open bar
Cons
It's a sorority
tba
Sales Representative / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Prospecting, cold calling

Building trust with your client

Converting and upselling your clients

Working with clothing and fashion
High energy warehouse
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
Really enjoyed this job. Loved the concept of the company. Trunk Club is a company designed to sell mens clothes online with a personal stylist and having a box or trunk sent out to your home.

I worked in the picking and packaging department, which means I was responsible for locating the proper items in each trunk and then proceeding to take it to packaging. I switched off regularly everyday between picking and packaging.

There was a lot of room for promotion. Many co workers I knew who wanted to pursue a career there a little further, all advanced quickly.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the repetitive motions of going through the aisles looking for the right match. Not mentally challenging, but more physically taxing.

I thought management was great. They were easy to contact. Extremely helpful with any questions you may have and just overall fun/good people to be around.

The hardest part of the job I suppose would be having to work overtime in the warehouse. Happens a lot during peak season where you are working extended hours many times a week.

Other then that, everything was else was more then manageable.
Pros
No uniform/ create your own schedule
Cons
Large amount of people confined in one space.
Warehouse Review: It's just a job or it could be a career. Depends on your preference.
Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
Just don't see this as a career, in my opinion. A good place to get back in the working world, to gain experience, or know what the retail industry is like.

Your typical day is doing the same thing over and over again. You will be graded by being in the green, yellow, or red. You will find ways to stay in the green. The job is easy and you will work hard. The culture is not that great as they make it out to be because a lot of the employees here are hired based on referrals. The percentages on the referrals are too high. There used to be a lot of turnovers at this place and these referrals are a cover-up. It's a corporate America culture here and that's how you know this place is nothing special. The only good news is this place has been less annoying because there has been a lot of gossip here. The old saying is if the 10% of the problem exist, then it makes it worse for the 90% and they did got rid of the 10% of the bad workers here.
Pros
No dress code, flexible schedule, part timers can be full timers, employee discount
Cons
Culture, repetitive work, high school 2.0, unmoral/unethical but that's corporate America, low pay but its retail
Limited ethics - Warehouse
Return (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
The warehouse suffer from the same issues as other warehouses and that is that they follow the "Matrix System", which is discriminating in a way; not all trunks/boxes are the same yet your being measured by how fast you process them. This place believes that " Culture is important", but everyone's definition of culture is different and this place does not except everyone into their culture even though they tell you "We do not discriminate".

P.s
I hope you have 10 minutes to wait after your shift because signing in and out is torcher. Also, I hope your body temperature is tuned-up, because "They cant control the temperature".

(You only receive benefits, if your full-time): if your part-time be prepare to be in pain.
Pros
music, slight discount, water bottle, near public transportation
Cons
Discrimination, unmoral/unethical, average, technical error(s), unorganized
Poor leadership in the IT dept
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
On pape,r Trunk Club looks great. In reality, it's very disorganized and poorly managed, at least in IT. Very hands-off director, IT manager is young and extremely disorganized. This place is all about keeping lower level folks down and helping the management more successful. If you are looking to learn anything and sleep at night keep looking. This place is a disaster.
Pros
free drinks
Was at its best as a start-up
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2015
There was a slow but steady culture shift after being acquired by Nordstrom that adversely affected the workplace environment in the warehouse. The pay wasn't the greatest but as a start-up the benefits and work environment made up for it. Turnover in management, a changing culture, and poor communication has turned this once great place to work into just another retail employer.
Pros
Discount to all of Nordstom companies, no cap on vacation time for full-time employess, ping pong and Foosball table
Cons
Poor communication, discount reduction, management turnover.

2.6