Trust Company of America Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Pros and Cons
Lead (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 23, 2017
Work days varied by department. Most days filled with plenty of work to keep one busy and occupied. Management has changed quite alot from 2010 to current (with it's pros and cons).Fun place to work overall, employees are friendly.
Ok company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 27, 2017
Lacking good leadership, lots of talk but no follow thru, pay lower than standard, not a lot options for promotions, can't retain good staff due to low pay rates
Pros
Beer on Friday, Bagels on Monday
Cons
Low Pay
A busy financial company that supported personal growth.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 29, 2015
I had a great experience when I worked for TCA. They were a company that supported and encouraged growth/advancement within the company. I was given an open door in my position to handle many aspects of my position and in the supervisor role. Cross-training was encouraged.
No Comment
Management and Product development (Current Employee) –  DenverMarch 2, 2015
The wrok environment is adequate. They attempt to create a strong culture but in the end employees are less important than overall financial success of the company.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Pay and benefits not at industry standard
enjoyable workplace
Distributions/Transfers Lead (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 10, 2014
Good place to work at, great .people & management. Great benefit.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Company suited to those with a speciality
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 2, 2014
If you are hired into IT programming, or have specific financial skill - this company will take care of you and let you focus on your job. If you are one of the many who share more of a generalist job - pay will be low and promotion slow. If you are in management - good luck getting the resources you need.

Unfortunately company is focused on improvement from the outside in - doing what it takes to impress customers, making big award presentations, painting the walls with slogans, food, happy hours but little is done to help employees individually grow because the ownership will not provide enough funding to retain key employees or provide the additional resources to overworked employees.

There is not a lot of effort to integrate or cross-communicate between departments.

The benefits are decent with a good 401k.
Pros
Job security, company activities, benefits.
Cons
Not enough people to do all the work.
Stable workplace, but no work/life balance
Manager of Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 27, 2013
The days are usually filled completely with a broad set of opportunities for knowledge growth, but little time to actually become proficient at the various skills.
Pros
flexability with hours
Cons
no work/life balance
Productive and fun place to work. Great co-workers.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 25, 2012
very busy balancing supervision of employees and trouble shooting in dealing with outside companies. The hardest part of my job was writing up performance improvement plans as a disciplinary action. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team that made me proud to be their manger.
Pros
excellent people
Cons
constant management changes
Very easy place to work. Always learning other depts and kept busy!
A/P, Payroll, Wire Approvals (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 21, 2011
Working at Trust Company was wonderful until they decided to give raises with congeniality as the basis. I am not a social butterfly, I am hard worker with no time to chit chat. I have work to do.
Pros
family always counts!
Cons
managers should recommend raises