Trustco Bank

Trustco Bank Employer Reviews

Boring place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 26, 2013
I would come in turn on my computer answer the phones for customers looking for balance info and making transfers. There was not much interaction with coworkers we all sat in our own cubical and rarely talked to eachother
Productive and long term work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: history, helpful employees
Cons: healthcare, growth opportunity
A typical work day involves completing closeout packets for non-sufficient funds, account openings and assisting any way possible. I have moved up from a teller, to a Head Teller and now an Assistant Manager. The hardest part of the job is not being able to have growth further than what I have already accomplished; each department has one manager and – more... one assistant. The most enjoyable part of the job is what I do on a daily basis. – less
A very lay back environment. Great to start your experience.
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 5, 2013
A very calm environment. Not too busy, but involves a lot of Sales calling and mailings. I Love working with my co-workers. Everyone gets along very well and we work together as a team. I have learned a lot with Trustco Bank. I started as a Teller and now i am the Branch Administration for the division.
Great Place to Learn Mortgages
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Capital Region New YorkSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: technology is lacking
A typical day would involve opening the branch and customers for accounts, home equity loans, home equity lines and most importantly mortgages. Management varies depending on your direct supervisor's style. The hardest part of the job is the amount of hours per week you would work as an exempt employee and the best part of the job would be the people – more... you work with. Technology is behind the times but people are always willing to help. – less
Bank Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Wilton, NYJuly 23, 2013
Managed staff in a fun friendly work environment.
I learned that treating people with respect and how I would like to be treat gets results. When you get employees that want to work for you, it helps the day go by and everyone shares in the success of your goals.
The hardest part is letting someone go. They all become like family and when you have to – more... let someone go it hurts. – less
New experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: new experience
Cons: small company
Incoming and outgoing Telephone, Data Entry, Assist managers with home comps.
Great co-workers
Teller (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYMay 22, 2013
Have obtained a lot of banking knowledge through Trustco.
Hours are great
Enjoyable atmosphere with terrific co workers
Great management
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hoosick Falls, NYMarch 22, 2013
Great management, very friendly knowledgeable staff.
Staff is very helpful in training
Its ok
Appraisal Coordinator (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 19, 2013
The environment is very nice and co-workers are great. The bank is slow and doesnt work well across departments. Lots of politics involved and it slows everything down.
Employees come in last.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAMarch 18, 2013
Low pay, good experience, some co-workers can be extremely negative. Massachusetts branches are very slow, which makes for a long day. We would have meetings in Albany once or twice a month. Employees don't get shown they are appreciated. No matter how good you do, you always could have done better.
very high pressure
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Glenville, NYFebruary 7, 2013
was hired assistant Branch Manager. Promoted to Manager and then demoted to assistant Branch Manager for failure to meet unrealistic goals. Fired the week before Christmas with no reason given. did get to meet some nice customers and had a great staff.
great place to get a start in banking.
Full-time Teller (Current Employee), branch in NYJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: will train, back to basics
Cons: very low-tech, comparatively low pay
was hired without specific banking experience. pay for employees is lower than competitors with absolutely no overtime allowed, and health benefits are quite expensive. There are very many good managers, but its really luck of the draw where you end up. It seems to be the only off-line bank, still using completely paper work and archaic processing machines. – more... over all it is a very stable work enviornment and is a terrific way to get your foot in the door. constant promotions and a revolving-door of employees provides a decent chance to move up if they like you. – less
Team environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: working hours
Co-workers worked well together. Management seemed to be out of the loop with things. Companies Values were good
Bank Teller, Assistant Branch manager
Bank Teller, Assistant Branch manager (Former Employee), witner Haven, Davenport, Orlando FLDecember 12, 2012
Pros: alot of room to grow within the company
Cons: the only advancements were located in orlando
• Performed various transactions and ensured that customers were served in a timely, accurate and courteous fashion
• Cross sold bank products such as savings, checking, retirement accounts and safe deposit boxes
• Managed cash drawer, collected fees and assisted in daily branch balancing including ATM, vault & night deposits
• Created schedules for – more... branch associates to ensure customers were served effectively while staying within the company’s labor guidelines
•Administered security and check hold policies
• Opened new accounts and performed loan audits to ensure banking regulations were followed
• Assisted with branch opening and closing procedures, which included, maintaining the branches professional appearance at all times
• Worked as a float teller to different branches as needed to ensure all locations were covered and properly staffed to serve customers – less
Teller (Current Employee), Upstate NYDecember 3, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: health care, short breaks, constantly changing
I have worked for trustco for several months now. I transferred from one bank to another and LOVE the other bank. At first wasnt very sure about the job and was looking for something else, but now that i have been transfered i love my job. I just wish it would pay better and benefits werent so expensive.
Friendly and fun place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee), Latham, NYSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great customers
Cons: healthcare
My job consisted of coming to work preparing my tellers for the day which consisted of helping customers with their banking needs. i had great co-workers who i enjoyed working with everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the customers.
Very productive work place with room for advancement.
Assistant Manager, Teller (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: very nice location, flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Typical day consists of helping customers with any online or internal banking problems, selling mortgages, equity loans, and accounts.

I've learned many things from this company but the most important was customer service is everything.

Management was give and take. There was room for improvement from management to co-workers.

Hardest part was selling – more... Trustco products to a town with more than enough banks and a unwilling community.

Most enjoyable part was getting to no and talk to customers and making friendships with my co-workers. – less
Illegal and terrible
Teller (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYJuly 31, 2012
They pay less than anyone else. They refuse to pay you overtime and if you have any overtime hours they make you change your recorded hours. I knew of several people who worked their who were working about 55 hours a week and were getting paid for 40 hours. If they had requested the total 55 hours they would have most likely been fired.
Bank
Assistant Head Teller/ Technical Support (Former Employee), West Sand Lake NYJuly 29, 2012
Large bank with high turnover rates and great mortgage program.
Great place to gain a learning experience.
Head Teller (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 27, 2012
Comany that holds higher standards for values, customer satisfaction and a great place to gain experience.

About Trustco Bank

In Banking They Trust. TrustCo Bank Corp is the holding company for Trustco Bank, which operates in eastern New York, central – Read more