The Senior JAVA Developer will enhance our customer-integrated applications, web services, MySQL database and administrative applications.
- Work with the IT Management team to develop high quality, mission critical, web service-based applications.
- Work with development team to establish the use of object-oriented (OO) design patterns and data modeling.
- Work with business analyst to gather business and functional requirements, and transfer the business and functional requirements into technical design specifications.
- Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
o Responsible for development and enhancement of web service based applications.
o Lead the development of web service integrations with new business customers.
o Assist in managing development application environment.
o Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies (Project Management, Software Engineering, and Infrastructure Engineering, etc.), standards and work with management to ensure process is repeatable and efficient.
- Work with development team to establish standards, processes and procedures, including build priority and implementation strategy.
o Review software code to ensure compliance with industry standards.
o Lead documentation of new application development standards.
o Build and execute test plans and scripts as required. Document application behaviors, results and issues.
o Establish company configuration management practices for code check in/check out, version control and overall management. This includes managing corporate configuration management server (technical documents, source code, document templates).
o Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized other team members.
- Assist in technical phone screening of potential new hires and mentor programmers.
- Rich hands-on experience on J2EE stack of technologies and Object oriented design patterns
- Hands-on experience on software technologies and standards such as Spring, EJB, Spring MVC, Apache Axis, AJAX, jQuery, aspect-oriented programming, SOAP and REST based webservices.
- Hands-on experience on Websphere 6.1 or higher, Jboss Application server 7.0 or higher; and drools engine.
- Hands-on experience with SVN, RAD, Eclipse and SOAP-UI.
- Hands-on experience with dynamic languages such as Groovy is desirable.
- Experience in developing and supporting scalable web service solution using caching and No-SQL architecture.
- Experience with linux OS, PDF rendering, and digital signature is desirable.
- Familiarity with distributed memcache and dynacache.
- Self-motivated and capable
Indeed - 22 months ago