Trustmark National Bank

Trustmark National Bank Employer Reviews

Ok company to work for.
Support Rep (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 19, 2015
Pros: work environment and peers
Cons: management, advancement & compensation
Overall, it's a good company to work for. The footprint is growing and the company is profitable. I dislike the management style and compensation but, nonetheless, a good company. I enjoyed my work environment.
Productive yet not satisfying
Teller (Former Employee), Tylertown, MSFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: short breaks and not a close unit
I learned alot but did not like the job had some co-workers who were extremely rude and disrespectful; also my supervisor did not like me.
Great Company
Real Estate Associate (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 27, 2015
Pleasant environment, very professional atmosphere. Ok benefits, with all federal holidays off.
Productive Day in the Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, Ms.January 21, 2015
Pros: holidays, vacations, the gratitude
Cons: short breaks
A typical day as a Trustmark National Bank Contact Center Representative would start with a cup of coffee and off to the phone I go. We assist with checking, savings accounts, CD's, IRA's, Loans etc. What I am proud to say I've learned plenty in the banking industry as a whole. I enjoy my co-workers, with all honesty they help the day go smoothly.
The hardest part of my job or shall I say the most challenging part is being able to calmly assist each irate customer we may encounter, but we have been trained with the ability to deal with each behavior that is put before us.
The most enjoyable part is sharing the knowlege of banking with customers as well as co-workers
Productive but fun workplace.
Teller II (Former Employee), Santa Rosa Beach, FLDecember 26, 2014
A typical day would consist of doing different types of transactions. We would start the day off doing the night deposits from the night or weekend before. Throughout the day we would have customers come in to do their transactions or just to ask questions. Working in the drive thru, I would occasionally have to help the ladies working in the lobby when they got to busy or vice versa. At the end of each day we would balance our drawers.

I learned how to really be patient working here as well as using little information the customers would have to try and help answer their questions or help them work out a problem they may have had with their accounts.

Our manager liked to give us a lot of freedom to do our work but would help us if we ever had a problem. She occasionally gave us some other work to do when we had down time.

All of my co-workers got along really well. We were always laughing and we were all more than willing to help each other out when we needed it. This helped keep the stress down on the job a lot on the job.

The hardest part of my job for me was learning to slow down. I came from a job that was much busier than this one so I was used to always working fast so it was hard for me to take the job a little slower.

The most enjoyable part of my job would definitely be all the relationships I made with my co-workers as well as many of the customers. This made the job much more enjoyable and relaxing. It was always nice to hear when something good happened in one of customers lives and felt good knowing they trusted me enough to tell me.
An atmosphere of discontent was displayed.
Accounts Specialist II (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 18, 2014
Minimal presence of teamwork. A typical day at work was the non-conformity to change.
A good company
Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 5, 2014
Overall a good company to work for co workers great a steady work load
customer service oriented workplace
FSR/Teller III (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: staffing
Trustmark is a great place to work. Hours of operation range from 8:00am to 6:00pm depending on the location.
Productive Workplace
TELLER II (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 20, 2014
Must be able to multi-task. Deposits, cash-handling, cross-selling products
Trustmark National Bank
Paid Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Pearl, MSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: discrimination, harass working enviromen
Trustmark Loan Operations Department is absolutely awful.
The manager there will constantly complain about everything you do,
nothing you do is right. I had to literally walk around on eggshells daily ever since she came in 3 years ago. I was there 17 years and never had a problem until she came on board. Because of her I lost a 17year career.
Excellent Company
Accounts Payable Processor / Reconcilement Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 18, 2014
I worked for Trustmark for 25 years. I really enjoyed my time at Trustmark, my department felt like being with your family, I really enjoyed & miss my time being there. Great and stable company, it is one of the best Bank in Jackson, MS.
Very stressful job with hostile work environment
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee), Brandon, MSJuly 17, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: compensation, overall environment
This is a stressful position with poor management. Management expects multiple jobs to be handled all at once...not to be confused with multitasking but multiple jobs meant for two or more people. The compensation is not worth the job duties. The office environment is hostile due to cliques, office gossip and nasty attitudes. There is no teamwork or willingness to help, aside from a select few that don't mind. A typical day involves assisting customers over the phone. Training was limited so it's hard to have a proper understanding of what information is accurate and what isn't. This position is not ideal for a career and it's hard to advance to another dept. I haven't learned anything and the hardest part of the job is waiting on the day to end.
A job that pretty much pays the bills and thats it.
Statement processor (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 3, 2014
Pros: holidays off and benifits
Cons: favortism is shown here and management is bad
A typical day at work is doing my job which is balancing accounts, and assisting customers over the phone. I have learn there are no perfect jobs,but when you find the right atomosphere and a company that offers growth, I feel that you have acheive something, The hardest part of my job is dealing with a difficult coworker that depends on me to do their job as well, but to keep down confusion, and since the job is not hard I go ahead and get the job done. I have never done managerment at this job, and the most enojoyable part is working with other coworkers and helping to assist customers.
Financial Service Rep
Financial Service Representative/ Head Teller III (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 5, 2014
Represent Trustmark professionally, efficiently, and tactfully to assure customer satisfaction when in contact with customers. Sell, service and cross-sell deposit accounts, process a variety of transactions including night drops, ATM deposits, collection items, wire transfers, foreign currency, credit card transactions, loan payments, money orders, official checks, balancing cash drawer and vault and conduct surprise audits on teller.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work includes receiving and paying cash to customers, issuing Money Orders or Official checks, pulling reports, making sure tellers balance their cash drawers, find out the reasons for teller outages if any, etc
Good company to work for
Branch Manager/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Corinth, MSMarch 3, 2014
Pros: customers, coworkers, benefits, etc
Cons: promotions or moving on up the ladder
I open accounts, process loans, and do customer service.
I learned how to deal with challenging situations and how to resolve them. I work with a great staff who exemplify teamwork and dedication. The hardest part is not being able to go beyond branch manager. I have consistently moved up the ladder but am not able to go on and do commercial lending or other areas of the bank. The most enjoyable part are the customers and coworkers in helping them any way I can.
Decent company but definitely a "good ole boys" bank
Loan Assistant (Former Employee), FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, customers were great, challenging work
Cons: greedy and selfish upper management, no room for growth without degree
I worked for this company for a year as a loan assistant. I was hired to work for one loan officer and assisted 3 executive lenders. Two of the executives were out of the office constantly playing golf. One could say that this was a form of generating business, but this was all the time.

I worked in an office an hour from my home and was promised upon acceptance of the position that if a position closer to my home opened up that I would be allowed to transfer as long as I worked in my current location for 6 months. 8 months later THREE separate positions opened and I asked about all three to no avail. I was pregnant at the time and wanted to be closer to my child once born. My immediate supervisor said, "I just don't want to lose you." I appreciated that she liked my work, however being selfish in a management position is never a good quality. I wanted to be able to grow, but was told in a round about way that I needed a degree to be a manager. Suffice to say, all of my banking experience meant nothing if I didn't have a piece of paper and I ended up training a young man fresh out of college who had NO prior banking experience on how to read financial statements and loan generalities. He was hired in directly as a Vice President. WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF BANKING AT ALL.

Needless to say, I was pursued by another company and I took it with 5 weeks left of my pregnancy and decided to give a two week notice, however I had to be induced. When I found out I had to be induced, I called TNB to let them know I wanted to go ahead and give my resignation. HR told me that a two week notice was required to be worked out and that I would have to work them out following my maternity leave (even though it was an unpaid leave). I ended up leaving without it.

If you enjoy doing all the work for greedy upper management, go ahead and take the job.
My experience with TMK
Back up head teller (Former Employee), Hattiesburg,MSOctober 24, 2013
Trustmark taught me a lot the four years + I was with the company. It was very challenging at times, but that's what I loved about it. I was the back up head teller for over three years, and I enjoyed learning new things. My goal was to eventually become head teller, but that changed when I decided to be a full time mommy. The hardest part was leaving the job because my co-workers and I were like family.
I really enjoyed the years I was employed at Trustmark Bank. A few if my colleagues who I worked with for years had become like family to me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 18, 2013
Pros: nice christmas parties
Cons: advancement opportunities for minorities
Well a typical day at work for me would entail setting up My work station and getting myself ready to assist my customer. I have learned through the years at Trustmark that patience and professionalism equals happy customers. The management staff of Trustmark made sure each department ran smoothly to ensure great customer service. We were taught that team work was always expected of each of us and that is what we strived to accomplish. The hardest part to my job, I would say is trying to communicate with customers who were upset. As long as I remained professional and assured them I would do my best to help them, the situation did not get out of hand. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of my job was this....after a long, hard day at work, if I could look back and recall that I helped someone with a desperate problem, it was all worth it.
The Career of a lifetime
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 15, 2013
Everyday is a challenge and a learning experience with the interactions of different people everyday. Never knowing what could happen encouraged me to keep an my skills sharp in observation and detail.

1 2 3

About Trustmark National Bank

Trustmark’s history of meeting its customers’ financial needs extends back to 1889. Through the years, Trustmark has – Read more

Trustmark National Bank Salaries