Trustmark National Bank Employee Reviews

Good, strong company that could use a modern approach to taking care of associates.
Personal Online Banking Representative II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at Trustmark involves taking inbound calls from customers seeking resolutions for login issues, password resets, balance inquires, and technical support. The job itself isn't difficult, however, it can get redundant by doing the something and resolving the same issues for the same customers. The culture of the department is ordinary. The most enjoyable parts of this job are the people you work with. The worst parts are the redundancy and lack of care of the employees by upper management.
It's smooth until you make someone mad
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Florence, MSJanuary 5, 2017
Depending on which branch you work at, most of the employees are nice an helpful. Then you have the ones that want to see you fail. I had a horrible experience at one of the branches until I transferred. I got judged, picked on by the branch manager, and thrown under the bus in situations I had no clue about. The branch manager is suppose to be a leader, but she preferred to act her shoe size instead. I really hope they got rid of her because it is ridiculous to treat a person they way she did. Not just me, but some of the other co-workers that wasn't in her favorites.
Pros
Nice pay and the shifts
Cons
insurance cost is pitiful, some of the branch managers needs more training.
Excellent place to work. Wonderful coworkers. Very good management.
Head teller/ Financial Rep. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job with Trustmark Natl. Bank. I spent a total of 10 years with Trustmark. Trustmark had an excellent training program. I gained knowledge on teller, head teller, and financial representative duties.
Pros
Excellent management.
Cons
Inside banking was slowing down..Due to the internet banking options offered..
Very good Learning experience
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Brandon MsFebruary 13, 2017
I worked in the mortgage collection dept great experienced learned a lot ,at time it can be stressful but overall a very good place to work until you get sick as far as need to take a leave off work for unexpected illness no understanding at all you will be fired (Human Resource Dept)
Pros
Pay, Vacation Time
Cons
Management, Working Tuesday Nights
Very good working environment.
Proof Operator - Balance Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 31, 2016
Enjoyed working, part-time, evening, very busy, time went by fast.
Worked on computer balancing and data entry. Working at night let me kept my day job. Everybody was very nice and you had your own work station. Had to stay until all the work was completed. When you finish you would go and help someone who was not.
Pros
Kept you busy at an easy pace.
Cons
Sometimes has to wait for drivers to bring materials.
Great Company to work for I enjoyed my time there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 22, 2017
I typical handled 100 customer support calls per day. I used the billing system and processed payments and handled irate customers with transaction history. Hardiest part of my job was calming customers down after they were upset about there money
Pros
free lunch and free bank acct
Cons
non
Productive place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJanuary 23, 2017
Ambitious detail-oriented banking professional with several years record of success in capacity of bank teller. Posses deep expertise in processing financial transactions and handling customers and foreign currency accounts management.
Pros
Free lunch
Fundamentals of Banking
Financial Service Representative/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for Trustmark. This was the only bank that offered higher pay. They had good employee benefits and opportunity for other incentives. It was easy to move up in the company by showing the willingness to do your job well.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
poor management
Fast pace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 29, 2016
Typical day at work included bank deposit, cash in and out.
I learned math skills advancement.
I liked my management and co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was learning to balance.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
pay
Great
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 13, 2017
great workplace, I was an active reserve service member and they were very understanding when I had my times to go overseas. If I were to still live in the area where there were trustmarks I would def work for them again.
great company to work for until you make someone mad.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  MississippiJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed working as a bank teller and loved my job. I loved getting to know my regular customers and I liked the people I worked with until I transferred to another branch and started having personal problems that are now over. I got on someone's bad side and that put the icing on the cake. The manager started being rude and other things started happening and I couldn't take anymore.
great place
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSNovember 30, 2016
family issues were my reason to leave, had two untimely deaths fairly quick within days of each other which is why I left, to support my mother who suffered the greatest loss
A great place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 17, 2016
I loved the job and the daily interaction with the customers. I felt that the compensation could be more because of the work load but overall I enjoyed my job.
great place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Seagrove Beach, FLOctober 4, 2016
Go in meet customers help them with there banking needs.
To cross sell meet goals cross train others.
easy to get along with helpful.
Being able to take lunch break on the beach.
Pros
nice beach
Cons
room to advance
Good place to get your start
Statement Rendering Lend Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 24, 2016
If you wish to get into banking, this is a good place to work and learn and maybe move up the letter. You don't have people looking over your shoulder and you are trusted to do the work.
Pros
Not too stressful and there are some freedoms
Cons
Pay is low then most other bannks in the area
Banking
Flood Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 8, 2016
Collect documentation, verify that the Bank is in compliance with Flood Protection Laws and complete calculation forms to determine that the borrower has sufficient flood insurance coverage.
Pros
Dress Code
Cons
N/A
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 18, 2016
i loved working with the public helping solve problems. i loved having co workers that you can get along with. i was able to get along with customer s and hrs
benefits
Cons
having to meet quota
Just an average job.
Retail Support Teller (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 13, 2016
I thought this could be a forever career... There is no room for advancement. Some positions have been filled for years even when the person in that position wants to move up.
very analytical, enjoy co-workers,
Bankruptcy Analyst (Former Employee) –  special assets Brandon, MSJuly 24, 2015
Good place to work, good co-workers, good team atmosphere. Tense immediate management due to perfectionism, I learned how to handle electronic filings with the courts, I typically processed bankruptcy notices on a daily basis, interacted with several departments in doing this. That is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
good team atmosphere among co-workers
Cons
tense atmosphere with management
Excellent Employer
Loan CIS/Data Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 14, 2015
Very professional ,team spirited,hated to miss work so enjoyable,management was superb.The management was so organized, everyone worked together to reach the company's goal.The workflow would be very overwhelmimg, management had a way to relieve all stress involved.

I have worked 40 years in banking and I've never seen a company operate like Trustmark t National Bank .All of the day was enjoyable even though we worked very hard. I learned so much more about banking on a different level. I would love to work for Trustmark again, but it is out of my area.

I
Pros
Great learning Experience for life
Cons
Best job ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trustmark National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Trustmark National Bank Reviews by Location