Trustmark Employee Reviews

Awful culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 28, 2016
It's difficult to advance your career at Trustmark. Managers promote their friends regardless of managerial skills. Training is non-existent and leaders don't set goals or expectations; it's sink or swim there and that causes a lot of turnover.

People talk about a 37.5 hour workweek, or half-day Fridays, but in my department you could only leave at 12:30 on Fridays if you had already put in 40 hours of work that week.

Pay is below market rate and instead of giving raises they give titles, or a parking space, or "jeans days" where you don't have to wear business dress.
Good Company
AVP/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSMarch 28, 2016
I worked in a broad range of positions as I climbed the corporate ladder. I gained a wealth of knowledge working there. I enjoyed working with the employees and the customers. I thoroughly loved my job. I worked in a branch where the corporate office rarely recognized the hard work of its smaller branch staff, Therefore advancement was limited. That's why I decided to go back to college and complete my degree.
other departments seemed much nicer
Jr Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 2, 2016
the security department was not a fun place to work in, boss was super paranoid and very difficult to get along with. the other departments seemed to be a lot nicer and easier to get along with.
my boss would watch someone fumble with something and I would go to tell them how to do it and she would say no, I like watching them fumble...but she would ask me how to do things on a conf call after she put the phone on mute...
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
crazy boss
excellent company to work for
Mortgage Loan Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this company. I worked as a closer for the mortgage dept, My job was eliminated due to centralizing closing in the Jackson MS central office.
Pros
benefits, support, great management
Cons
don't really have any cons
Unprofessional work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I worked with Trustmark for a short period of time, and it was a struggle. Communication lacked GREATLY, none of the managers seemed to know what was going on in the workplace. Management was just horrible, I would finish my daily work and told I would have new projects that were never given to me. I waited for a week for an indexing license that never came.

The billing system is super unorganized and just difficult to work with.
I am glad I no longer work with this company. Its frustrating going into a job where there is no work to be done.
Not a place for a person who wants to learn a lot and progress in their career
Policy Owner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, Illinois, USAJune 17, 2012
I worked in Trustmark Insurance Company for 10 years as Policy Owner Service Representative. I learned a lot about insurance industry but only because of LOMA courses that I took there over the period of 10 years. I mostly learnt things by myself from other employess as the training was very poor and the managment very bad. There was no really hard part of my job and the most enjoyable part was that we had half Fridays and I had friendly co-workers.
Pros
half fridays (working 37.5 hours a week
Cons
poor training and bad management
Overall a good company
Various (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 23, 2012
Overall Trustmark is a good company to work for. However, with the passage of Health Care Reform, the company is reorganizing and there have been some layoffs. Trustmark offers typical benefits but also offers a 37.5 work week, so Fridays are usually half days for most people.
teller (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 6, 2015
When I worked at trustmark they did take care of your financially and healthcare wise,,, the management had issues going on behind closed doors that made it very difficult to truly trust your superiors
This company is horrible
finance (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Horrible place to work. Management is sneaky. They will lie about advacment opportunities to overwork you until they find someone else.
Pros
37.50 hour work week
Cons
horrible medical, dental and vision insurance
Over 8+ years of IT work experience as SAP functional consultant in FI/CO. Extensive experience in design, configuration, testing, and documentation
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 15, 2015
Knowledgeable in general business process on other core modules like SD, HR, MM, LE, PP & PM. Efficient in configurations, customization and integration of financial modules with other core modules,
Experienced with GL, AR & AP modules (payment management and cash application), Bank Accounting - lockbox and electronic bank statement, Settlement processes and financial reporting, Profit Center Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Contribution Margin Accounting, Product Cost Calculation & Internal Orders.
Implemented solutions for analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and long range planning of all allocated expenses,
In depth understanding of the configuration, business processes and issues involving US GAAP, IFRS,
Tested, trained and supported business solutions under multiple deadlines,
Experienced in understanding of “As Is” Business processes, Blue Printing, Realization, Configuration, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing,
Knowledge and hands-on exposure on upgrades, Enhancement and Migration.
Pros
• Knowledgeable in general business process on other core modules like SD, HR, MM, LE, PP & PM. Efficient in configurations, customization and integration of financial modules with other core modules. • Experienced with GL, AR & AP modules (payment management and cash application), Bank Accounting - lockbox and electronic bank statement, Settlement processes and financial reporting, Profit Center Accounting
Cons
different culture than acustom to
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALFebruary 25, 2015
trustmark is a large banking corporate based in jackson Mississippi.many changes in the last year because of the merger
Pros
many resources
Cons
hard to get decisions made
Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for the corporate office in Vernon Hills IL. The company definitely promotes from within and everyone is very helpful.
A great place to work
Small Group Asst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 19, 2013
Entered medical benefit information into a computer program for sales reps.
Co-Workers were great to work with.
The Sales Reps were very friendly.
Pros
had my own space, got off work at 12:30 on fridays
Cons
nothing.