Truven Health Analytics Employee Reviews

Stuck in its ways
Unreported (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2017
There is a lot of potential for growth and innovation at Truven, but the senior management needs to get out of its own way. It was recently purchased by IBM, so hopefully, positive changes are imminent.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management, creaky ways, lack of imagination
No advancement opportunity
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 18, 2017
The company was acquired and the lack of communication around our positions was pretty bad. Not a good place to work after that happened. The transition to the new company hasn't been very smooth.
Pros
Ample vacation.
Cons
Leadership unapproachable
solid and intellectually stimulating environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Although currently in a state of transition due to acquisition by IBM, a historically solid organization with a plenty of internal mobility and a culture of being a meritocracy.
Pros
Well know, stable and allowing upward mobility
Cons
state of transition at the moment
Review Summary
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 12, 2017
The VP I supported was very nice but she never had an EA in the past so I think she was unable how to utilize me. The culture was okay but the job itself was unclear on how what was needed besides the obvious things, calendar management, travel, and expenses.
Pros
Compensation was good
Cons
Expectations of the position
Its a good place for working a good company and Very Supportive
AWS Cloud Engineer- Senior Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 15, 2017
"flexible work and having a great opportunity to work for this great company.
Great work-life balance for the industry. Supportive and helpfull all the time.
Friendly staff
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 30, 2017
I only interned at Truven Health Analytics but during my time there I learned many valuable skills including marketing strategies, computer skills, and public relation skills.
Work life balance
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Truven Health Analytics stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Truven helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Truven, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Truven’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Truven’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Truven way.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Healthcare
Truven Health Analytics a IBM Company
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 26, 2016
Not sure the direction of Truven with the recent acquisition of the company by IBM. More to come on the comfort level with the company
Big Ships are slow to turn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticAugust 16, 2016
Company has failed to keep ahead of technology and has fallen behind competitors. There has been significant market loss and has made selling products and services difficult.
it was great working with this company
Data Integration Programmer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2016
it was great working with this company and it had a great work life balance. and my managers were friendly so i enjoyed my work.
Decent
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2016
I only worked there because I was contracted through a staffing company. My time there was pretty good. The only thing that I didn't too much care for was the fact that although they needed the help and wanted to keep me on staff, the exec. officer over my department would not approve for my contract to be extended. Since I've left, I have been contacted multiple times over the past few years to try and get me to come back. Because I've found something much more stable, I'll never go back. Not knowing if you'll have work in a month or two can be unsettling. Not to mention they mostly only contract hire and won't actually hire you as a part of Truven. Overall, it's a decent place. Work is good, bosses are pretty cool too. But, if you're contracted in, don't plan on having the contract renewed. If you're hired directly in, it's a great place to work.
Great learning experance
Sales Operations Specialist/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 19, 2016
Enjoyed about my job: I enjoyed my job very much, very busy. Great manager and a great mentor she always willing to help. Enjoyed working independently (but would have liked to have to team) l Loved, working with the customers and helping them with trouble shooting, billing and their contracts, etc....

Hardest part of my job; employees not very friendly and not a team player type company. kept to themselves and did their job.

Typical Day; on the phone on and off ALL day; running reports and keeping track for up coming renewal and upcoming renewals. Working with legal as needed and working with clients and

Hardest part of my job; working with legal on contract and accommodating customer needs; employees not very friendly, attitude for the most part (not my job)

I did learned about contracts, billing, product knowledge and manager taught me to be more politically correct. Great leader and always allowed me to be creative and always open to new ideas
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
employees were not a team player
So-so employer
Director of Business Development - Midwest Region (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
Micromanaged, antiquated platforms that were overpriced but I'm sure that will change now that IBM has purchased them.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Micromanaged
If you like to work like a dog and be treated like one this is your place
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 11, 2016
Definitely the bottom of the barrel in every respect, from company culture to work/life balance to integrity. Grossly inept management, like working for a bunch of amateurs that never did this sort of thing before. Truven compares extremely poorly to its competitors (with whom I have had much personal experience.)

Definitely a burn 'em and churn 'em culture with no respect for family life. Morale is non-existent.

On the positive side the compensation package is reasonable for the market, although when considered on an hourly basis it winds up being below market.

Find a job somewhere else, you certainly do not want to work for Truven Health Analytics.
Pros
Compensation is ok, although not considering hours worked
Cons
Work/life balance, morale, incompetent leadership
Truven Health Analytics is a multinational Health Care company.
Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2016
The Company delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, research, and services to the healthcare industry, including hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies.
Dead end job site
Omitted (Current Employee) –  OmittedNovember 2, 2015
It used to be great to work there - moral worsens every month. Pay is great but what would you sell your soul for? There is no job security for anyone. Team building does not happen.
People keep coming back
Campus and Enterprise Admin Senior (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2015
Truven Health is a fairly good place to work. The employees are generally friendly and the corporate atmosphere generally encourages employees to come up with good ideas to promote the business. I have seen many employees leave for "greener pastures" only to return some time later to work for Truven again.
Terrible Place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 24, 2015
Terrible place to work full of weird people who got promoted based on favoritism and personal favors.Long boring days with most of the people out of the office
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, lack of respect to workers
Dont expect for them to get to you
Clinical Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 23, 2015
They will feed you bunch of bologna regarding everything.
If you don't hear from them the same week start looking for another job cause they will absolutely not let you know even if they tell you otherwise. This company used to be a good company and now they will treat you like a nobody because they don't care.

They pay isn't worth it and they environment isn't great at all
Pros
Cons
they sugar coat everything about the current positions but it's not worth your time
Great people, flexibilty to work from home
Product Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Great people to work with, ability to work from home and flexibility is awesome. Current state of the company seems to be in "start up" mode and there have been cuts recently.
Pros
Ability to work from home and flexibility
Cons
Job Cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truven Health Analytics. Our community is ready to answer.