Truven Health Analytics

Truven Health Analytics Employee Reviews

Great learning experance
Sales Operations Specialist/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 19, 2016
Enjoyed about my job: I enjoyed my job very much, very busy. Great manager and a great mentor she always willing to help. Enjoyed working independently (but would have liked to have to team) l Loved, working with the customers and helping them with trouble shooting, billing and their contracts, etc....

Hardest part of my job; employees not very friendly and not a team player type company. kept to themselves and did their job.

Typical Day; on the phone on and off ALL day; running reports and keeping track for up coming renewal and upcoming renewals. Working with legal as needed and working with clients and

Hardest part of my job; working with legal on contract and accommodating customer needs; employees not very friendly, attitude for the most part (not my job)

I did learned about contracts, billing, product knowledge and manager taught me to be more politically correct. Great leader and always allowed me to be creative and always open to new ideas
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
employees were not a team player
If you like to work like a dog and be treated like one this is your place
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 11, 2016
Definitely the bottom of the barrel in every respect, from company culture to work/life balance to integrity. Grossly inept management, like working for a bunch of amateurs that never did this sort of thing before. Truven compares extremely poorly to its competitors (with whom I have had much personal experience.)

Definitely a burn 'em and churn 'em culture with no respect for family life. Morale is non-existent.

On the positive side the compensation package is reasonable for the market, although when considered on an hourly basis it winds up being below market.

Find a job somewhere else, you certainly do not want to work for Truven Health Analytics.
Pros
Compensation is ok, although not considering hours worked
Cons
Work/life balance, morale, incompetent leadership
Decent
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2016
I only worked there because I was contracted through a staffing company. My time there was pretty good. The only thing that I didn't too much care for was the fact that although they needed the help and wanted to keep me on staff, the exec. officer over my department would not approve for my contract to be extended. Since I've left, I have been contacted multiple times over the past few years to try and get me to come back. Because I've found something much more stable, I'll never go back. Not knowing if you'll have work in a month or two can be unsettling. Not to mention they mostly only contract hire and won't actually hire you as a part of Truven. Overall, it's a decent place. Work is good, bosses are pretty cool too. But, if you're contracted in, don't plan on having the contract renewed. If you're hired directly in, it's a great place to work.
it was great working with this company
Data Integration Programmer (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2016
it was great working with this company and it had a great work life balance. and my managers were friendly so i enjoyed my work.
Big Ships are slow to turn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticAugust 16, 2016
Company has failed to keep ahead of technology and has fallen behind competitors. There has been significant market loss and has made selling products and services difficult.
Ok
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2013
Truven Health is not a great place to work but not a terrible place to work either. It is right down the middle. There are stable jobs with a 401k with employer match and a solid amount of vacation time. People are in cubicles - some are open and some are closed. The workplace is pretty boring and it is a pretty stale work environment. The salary is not competitive from what I've researched. Wish the company would start acting like the leader that it is.
Pros
Stable Job, 401k with employer match, ability to sometimes work remotely, above average PTO amount
Cons
Salary not competitive, boring workplace, mundane repetitive tasks
So-so employer
Director of Business Development - Midwest Region (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
Micromanaged, antiquated platforms that were overpriced but I'm sure that will change now that IBM has purchased them.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Micromanaged
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 4, 2013
I liked the culture and work ethic of the company. They try to train their employees and invest in them. A lot of employees telecommute also which is great for work/life balance.
Sometimes there can be a lot of work and can become stressful.
A great place to work overall, get trained and attain skills in a growing sector.
Pros
work from home after a while, okay compensation, small teams so don't get lost
Cons
sometimes stressful, bonus is pretty small
Truven Health Analytics is a multinational Health Care company.
Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2016
The Company delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, research, and services to the healthcare industry, including hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies.
Dead end job site
Omitted (Current Employee) –  OmittedNovember 2, 2015
It used to be great to work there - moral worsens every month. Pay is great but what would you sell your soul for? There is no job security for anyone. Team building does not happen.
People keep coming back
Campus and Enterprise Admin Senior (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2015
Truven Health is a fairly good place to work. The employees are generally friendly and the corporate atmosphere generally encourages employees to come up with good ideas to promote the business. I have seen many employees leave for "greener pastures" only to return some time later to work for Truven again.
Used to be a great company
Sr. User Experience Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Was a great place to work before it became a VC stand-alone company. Lost a lot of great people and knowledge. Management rewards and promotes favorites regardless of qualifications. Should clean house at the executive level and start over. Get some real product innovators in there. Adequately reward/compensate top performers more than 3%.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, layoffs of long-tenured people, corporate politics
Dont expect for them to get to you
Clinical Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 23, 2015
They will feed you bunch of bologna regarding everything.
If you don't hear from them the same week start looking for another job cause they will absolutely not let you know even if they tell you otherwise. This company used to be a good company and now they will treat you like a nobody because they don't care.

They pay isn't worth it and they environment isn't great at all
Pros
Cons
they sugar coat everything about the current positions but it's not worth your time
day at work
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 24, 2013
Assists in all aspects of data collection and improvement in the quality of client data.
Works directly with clients and internal staff to resolve problems with data submissions related to the transmission and/or processing of such data.
Works directly with clients to collect their data and assist with any questions that arise.
Reviews the Data Quality reports generated from the processing of client's data, assessing error rates and for questioning unusual findings.
Works with clients to resolve data quality issues and to obtain sign-off for database closure.
Tracks and monitors incoming data from clients using the published data submission schedules specific to client accounts.
Identifies clients who are delinquent with data submissions and contacts clients to request data.
Terrible Place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 24, 2015
Terrible place to work full of weird people who got promoted based on favoritism and personal favors.Long boring days with most of the people out of the office
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, lack of respect to workers
Fun place to work, young energetic and hard working staff, great location
Product Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 19, 2014
Different departments are separated by floors but feel close enough to interact. Everybody busts their tails here, but also do a good job with the work/life balance.
Productive work environment, especially with work-from-home opportunities
Senior Clinical Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 29, 2014
Despite inevitable workplace politics, I found Truven to be a supportive environment to work in. Work-from-home was 2 days per week, which assisted me due to a long commute.
Young and Hard Working Staff
Manager of Service Delivery, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2013
You will learn a lot about the group benefit and health care industry at this company. The people are young, smart, hard working, and down to earth. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the new information that you need to learn to be effective in your job and keeping up with the workload. New hires will have a steep learning curve.
Great people, flexibilty to work from home
Product Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Great people to work with, ability to work from home and flexibility is awesome. Current state of the company seems to be in "start up" mode and there have been cuts recently.
Pros
Ability to work from home and flexibility
Cons
Job Cuts
Strategic Relationship Manager that works closely with clients with in the hospital setting
Strategic Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2012
Identify new opportunities and maintain existing business. I enjoy helping clients to provide them with the information they need to make decisions around there operations and improve clinical outcomes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truven Health Analytics. Our community is ready to answer.