TruWest Credit Union

TruWest Credit Union Employer Reviews

Stimulating and Progressive
DSM/ Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 15, 2013
My ultimate mandate was to change the culture of a 600 million dollar credit union which had been in business for over 50 years. I was hired to shift the mindset of 18 branch managers to a sales management mentality. In the end it was a great growth period for all. We were able to measure the change effectively and we got the results desired by the – more... board as well as great relationships forged out of effective conflict resolution. – less
Great Work Environment and relaxed company.
Teller I (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2012
Pros: pay increase; and pay based on performance.
Cons: healthcare benefits
Management was great and very relaxed. We had daily and monthly goals we would set and management would hold us to that, but we could make up for it. Co-workers were so fun and we were always having a good time, even with our members.
The hardest part of the job was of course dealing with unhappy members who felt had been wronged.
There were definitely – more... benefits to working there; such as monthly drawings, and pay increases. Definitely a company worth working for. – less

October 5, 2012

As a former employee of this disaster of a department, it will undoubtably be the worse job you ever had. If u don't believe me, look at all the repeated job postings for the mortgage department. If you are female, even worse. The CCO is a woman hater! Mean beyond acceptable. Nothing will be done, because HR is a complete failure and head of HR car pools daily with the completely incompetitent management staff of this unit!!!!! Nightmare job! Run!

Truwest
Teller II (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 29, 2012
Pros: friendship, great leadership, caring.
My time at Truwest was great. With every job, there's going to be some kind of conflicts of interest but overall they were settled within time.

I was in charge of ordering supplies for the branch and was the lead teller. My everyday duties was to assist members of the cu with their transactions, questions, or problems. I have formed a great relationship – more... with my co-workers, management team and members.

The hardest part of the job was when I lost it. My manager didn't want to do it but due to policies, he had no choice.

My time was well worth it. I got to learn some leadership roles and how to effectively work with others. – less