TRW

TRW Employer Reviews

I loved working here
Records Representative 1/VWAD Data Management Lead (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great retirement benefits
Cons: n/a
Well they were a great company to work for until Northrop took over and it just wasn't the same. They did away with allot of perks that employees had with TRW.
Friendly Managment, Garunteed Work, but hardly no time for Personal Life
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Atkins, VAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly managment and staff, always have work.
Cons: not good insurance, no time for personal life.
After Clocking in at beginning of shift, our department from my shift would have a daily team meeting to discuss what has been going on from the previous shifts and what we needed to know, and if any special projects needed to be done that day for the Engineer's. Work on Gage Calibrations, and testing Gears on ETS machine daily. Also helping Quality – more... Auditors with any problems that come up. Only down fall was the insurance offered here wasn't all that good, and had hardly had any time outside of work. – less
This was the best company to work for
Senior Communications Analyst (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with fun confident people
Learned everything about communications, dealing with customers and were able to put their words into communications language to get them what they needed.
Good working environment
Dec-2013 (Current Employee), Farmington, MIOctober 6, 2014
Good working environment
Learned a lot of things
Management is more supportive
Co-workers are good
Exellent work environment exellent compensation package
Metrology Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 5, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: no cons
Worked in Metrology as a Supervisor the staff that worked for me were professional.
Excellent employment
Shipping Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee), Fenton, MIOctober 1, 2014
It is a wonderful employment opportunity. Great work environment with plenty room for advancement. Paid school, benefit and 401k
A manufacturing environment
Parts Runner (Former Employee), Atkins, VASeptember 26, 2014
A typical day working in a manufacturing environment, Running parts and working on different stations. Management was helpful.
Had subway in lunchroom and encouraged healthy lifestyle
Operator (Former Employee), Marshall, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: subway
Cons: unfair treatment from higher up positons to the assembly workers
At first I really enjoyed my job, and then I got a new position with a new supervisor who played favoritism and unfortunately I wasn't a favorite. So that led the end of my job, my fiance had a great job for us and I didn't at the time and I really had a hard time once I got moved so I left my position. Now I am looking for a part time or full if needed – more... and to experience something new instead of factory work. – less
Program Management in the Inflatable Restraint Systems department
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Michigan, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: well paid, friendly environment, flexible schedule
Cons: long driving distance
This Internship have developed my communication and problem solving skills through multiple tasks that involved resolving certain issues in transporting products from Michigan to the plant in Chihuahua, or to other branches in Europe and Asia. The most challenging aspect of these tasks was to get different parties located in different countries to communicate – more... with each other, discuss the problem and come up with a mutual solution.
I have utilized Excel as a major tool to build detailed bill of materials, schedules, purchasing requests, and shipping forms.
Moreover, I worked closely with the managers of three different departments: IRS, Steering Wheel, and Seat belt, on developing an analytical tool that tracks the performance of all the programs launched in these departments.
I have enjoyed the fact that my position had allowed me to communicate with many people at different departments, sales, finance, purchasing, and engineering, which gave me an understanding of the whole process from different views. – less
A challengeing work envirorment.
PRODUCTION LEAD (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: kept me thinking all the time
Cons: night shift
Although I ws always be challenged here. I enjoyed my time with TRW . It helped me develope better problem solving skills, and helped me expand my customer relation techniques.
Machine Assistant (Current Employee), Fenton, MIAugust 13, 2014
My management is great. My work is very repitetive. There is a huge turn over.
Fast Paced and challenging
Process Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Marshall, ILAugust 13, 2014
Fast Paced Automotive company. Great for people who love to be challenged, and understand several processes and work with people.
MANUFACTURING ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Fowlerville, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch 2 15 paid min breaks
Cons: short breaks
It was a fast environment to work in. time is everything
get to work and do our morning meeting to see what was on the bill plan. had to get over 200 parts an hour in pack.
if working on the assembly line had to get over 100 parts an hour.
Nice clean place of employment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fenton, MIJuly 31, 2014
Pros: working in a clean area
Cons: always laid you off
This employment of business always laid you off and called you back and laid you off again. wasn't a steady job.
Growth, experience and a lifetime of memories
Maintenance Supervisor / Eng. Associate / Lead (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJuly 24, 2014
I began with this company in their Aerospace and Technology sectors, finishing in Automotive.
I honed my prior knowledge and experience in Fluid Power, and Logistics working on fabrication, installation, assembly, then operation and maintenance of a highly specialized aerospace test and development facility. Designing, fabricating and installing fluid – more... power delivery systems of all sizes, capacities, and, in some case, extensive distances were just fore runners to the large assemblies installed later, and the fine precise work of adjustment and alignment that came with the testing and operation of the facility. Layout and placement, determining materials and quantities, and developing time lines were the logistic challenges.
A transfer to the Automotive division started in the testing department for automotive airbags, developing and implementing tests for product performance and reliability.
Joining the manufacturing department later on led to a series of positions with ever increasing responsibilities, from Equipment Technician, to Group Lead, Parts/Stores Inventory Control, Engineering Technician, Associate Engineer, and Scheduler/Planner.
A particular point of pride was when I took over the coordination of moving the entire operation to a new facility. Keeping to the scheduled time line, I ensured the proper equipment and components were readied, staged and then loaded when needed. I was assigned this position again, years later, when operations were consolidated in another facility. – less
Excellent company purchased by NG
Controller (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 22, 2014
Legacy company known for highly qualified scientists and innovators able to develop world class systems
Required to work 7 days a week, 12hr shifts. No home life.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: rate of pay
Cons: medical insurance, only two days off a month, long shifts
Only two days off a month for the ten years I've been there. Benefits used to be great the first few years I was there but eventually that was taken away and replaced with high-deductible plans. Vacation time was reduced to half. I was laid off for three years. Currently there is a high turnover rate for machine operators and supervisory positions as – more... well as upper-management positions. – less
Production
Line Lead/Gauge Operator (Current Employee), Flowery Branch, GAJuly 7, 2014
Cons: working 7 days a week
Teaching others how to operate the machines. Gauging parts and making sure it in guidelines with company standards.
I really liked my job at TRW
Manufacturing Material Handler (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: people, unlimited overtime
Cons: that the plant closed
I usually worked 12 hours a day, with great management support.

I supplied machine operators and production lines with coponents to run. I also loaded and unloaded semis.
The people were the best part of my job
Production/ Inspection
Material handler,Production and assembly (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 26, 2014
Cons: would not recommend for permanent employment.
Fair to work with this company. Union workers are a nother story to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About TRW

TRW Automotive makes cars stop and go around the globe, in addition to keeping passengers and pedestrians safe. The company designs – Read more