With over 85 years in the beer and beverage distributing business, Try-It Distributing Co., Inc. has become the leading beverage distributor in Western New York supporting a variety of iconic brands, such as: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Heineken, Flying Bison, Great Lakes, Long Trail, Brooklyn Lager, Red Bull, and Arizona Teas. We are steadily growing and our dedicated employees are the key to this success.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Controller to lead and direct the financial activities of the organization. Our corporate office is located in Lancaster, New York and supports our subsidiaries located throughout New York State. Reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer, principal responsibilities of this position includes:
- Develop and ensure compliance with corporate internal control policies and accounting principles are in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Coordinate and ensure month end close is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- Support the establishment of corporate economic strategies.
- Coordinate the year-end financial audit
- Mentors department directors and managers on establishing financial goals and understanding budgetary requirements.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost savings and improving operating and reporting efficiencies.
- Preparation of financial reports that summarizes results of operations and financial position.
- Direct the preparation of annual budgets, reviews budget proposals and preparation of full disclosure consolidated projected financial statements.
- Maintain positive relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Directly supervise two to four professional employees within the finance department.
Qualified individuals will have:
- Six to ten years of public accounting experience. Two to four years of management experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in accounting.
- CPA certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in accounting software, database software, inventory and order processing systems, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
We offer an excellent benefits package and progressive work environment in our beautiful state-of-the-art facility. Interested individuals may send resume and salary requirements
Indeed - 11 months ago