Try-It Distributing, Co. Inc. is a leading beverage distributor in Western New York with over 84 years in the beer and beverage distributing business. Our dedicated employees are the key to our success. We are adding wine and spirits to our existing portfolio of iconic brands, such as: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Heineken, Yuengling, Flying Bison, Great Lakes, Long Trail, Brooklyn Lager, Red Bull energy drinks, and Arizona Teas.
In this new role, the Wine and Spirits Manager will be challenged to seek new opportunities in the wine and spirits industry for new and existing accounts. Primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Develops and implements a monthly wine and liquor sales and marketing plan to grow sales volume and gain market share of all brands.
- Develops a written plan for account distribution, displays, merchandising and other sales goals.
- Implements and executes all Company programs, specials events, and other activities for assigned area, including on-premise anniversaries, grand openings, promotion nights and other accounts.
- Monitors competition and communicates regularly with management on competitive activity.
- Coaches and monitors sales representatives toward achieving sales objective in monthly sales plan and directs call frequency on accounts.
- Gathers and analyzes sales data then compiles into meaningful reports in order to develop an effective “go-to-market” strategy.
- Continuously identifies sales opportunities and initiates action to resolve problems in accounts.
- Regularly rides with sales representatives to evaluate their sales abilities, customer service, and assist in implementing new programs, sales presentations, and identifying challenges and opportunities in their assigned accounts.
- Conducts on-going field training for direct reports to improve selling ability and route management skills.
- Communicates effectively with staff and motivates them to achieve desired results.
- Performs annual performance evaluations; initiates performance improvement and development efforts; address performance or conduct deficiencies; recruits, interviews and selects direct reports.
- Makes sales calls to sell Company programs, build relationships, optimize selling efforts, and other specific sales objectives.
- Participates in Company sales meetings and develops a training strategy for the sales force.
- Provides product sell sheets and brand library.
- Participates in industry trade shows.
- Develops and coordinates “special events” and creative ways to showcase Try-It Distributing’s wine and spirits portfolio.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of innovative, successful or growing brands and products not currently in the Try-It portfolio.
Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable of New York State Liquor laws and be well informed of common types of wine and/or liquors including origins, characteristics, serving preferences, and food paring. A Bachelors degree in a business related field is preferred but not required. Qualified candidates must have prior sales or marketing management experience, computer proficiency, excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and multi-task handling abilities. A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to obtain and maintain a solicitor’s permit from the New York State liquor authority is required. For immediate, confidential consideration, please e-mail your resume. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 10 months ago