The Director of Travel Operations is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategic plan for the operations including communicating best practices, operational strategies, and solutions in line with department and company objectives and client service level agreements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of the operations including staffing, planning, performance, quality management, operations systems, and policies and procedures.
- Direct and support the operations leadership with personnel management responsibilities by fostering a team oriented work environment that focuses on engagement and leads high performance.
- Act as a key driver of operating income through efficient processes, strong customer service, experience management and revenue growth.
- Provide continuous process improvements that lead to increased productivity and increased efficiency within the operations.
- Develop and implement operations’ communication strategy to ensure accurate and timely notifications to the CEO and staff in handling client services, action item requests, new product deployment and training initiatives.
- Responsible for managing client life cycle in accordance with service level agreement and Business Relationship Managers direction through successful implementation of new accounts, building matrix to support the service delivery, tools and products to support the client traveler, operational process compliance and when necessary client / account separation process.
- Collaborate with other leadership within the organization to improve individual departments and the organization.
- Participate in client presentations.
- Act as the advocate for the client at all times to ensure travel needs are met and customer satisfaction exceeds expectations.
- Special projects assigned by CEO or President.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
10+ years of Travel Management and operational experience managing staff and customer expectations.
Bachelors or equivalent experience required.
Demonstrated leadership and management success in a competitive operational and call center environment.
Proven technically savvy on all software applications and vendor supplied systems used in Operations.
Global Distribution Systems (GDS) knowledge preferred.
Demonstrated strategic planning, analytical and research skills.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (REQUIRED SKILLS)
Ability to communicate with high degree of authority and professionalism through various communication platforms.
Advanced interpersonal and team building skills.
Ability to summarize actions, tasks and conclusions in a written form.
Ability to take complex strategies and/or issues and break them down for tactical execution and understanding.
Advanced understanding of contract language and content.
Proven ability to build relationships across internal and external business partnerships.
Indeed - 16 months ago