The Leisure Travel Agent is responsible for building a strong book of business within the Leisure Vacation department and to provide the highest level of customer service to retain happy and loyal customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build relationships with potential and existing clients through marketing events, direct link phone connections and social media marketing.
- Book domestic and international travel arrangements from airline tickets to full vacation packages that fully meet the expectations of each vacation traveler.
- Understand and respond to the client’s wishes, needs and requirements and making appropriate travel recommendation
- Target customer happiness to attract referrals and repeat future business
- Maintain knowledge of current travel industry regulations and accurately apply them when making travel arrangements
- Maintain persistence to ensure supplier response and follow-up are timely and consistent.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
Travel school or College education preferred
Proven Track record in sales, telemarketing or travel agent experience
Well-developed client base strongly encouraged
Proven knowledge of a GDS Computer reservations experience (Sabre, Apollo or Amadeus One) preferred
Experience with and knowledge of international and group travel
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (REQUIRED SKILLS)
Dynamic interpersonal communication skills
Strong selling and client development skills
Strong computer skills and ability to use the Internet effectively
Organizational skills that result in high productivity
Decisive and successful problem solving skills
Passion for travel and tourism industry and positive, outgoing demeanor
Domestic and International travel experience
The ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport
Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback,assisting in special projects and taking on additional responsibility