TSC

TSC Employer Reviews

great place
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), maryland heightsSeptember 12, 2014
I really like working there and the people are great and understand some thing
Work Enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Brewton,ALJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 15% discount on most items!!
Cons: no family life.....at all.....
A typical day at Tractor.
Day starts with completing a daily task sheet, then it is rotate and stocking feed then it is off to the stock room for some much needed merchandise to the floor procedure. This is the way it is day or night. At night we straighten selected isle's and face and front, dust and clean. Sweep then mop, most nights. The best part of the day is helping customers find what they are looking for, or suggesting something that helps meet their needs. We are a small store therefor we are limited on co-workers so it is normally management and one other person. Everyone has to do their part. I have learned a lot about certain feeds, meds, and dog foods for your pets. Management is really for the store manager, as an assistant you are more part of the labor force that can do overrides, special orders, and answer questions. Enjoyed working there, but is very demanding on your family life. I really never got to see mine while I have worked here.
Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXJune 13, 2014
As a Team Member I am Highly engaged with customer service. Helping customers find items in the store, or online, also help order items from vendors if it is an item we do not carry in store. Keeping store organized and clean, as well as checking customer out with there perches.
Enviroment is family based and easy to work with others
System Logistics Lead Field Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlMay 21, 2014
Pros: enviroment, benefits, professional co-workers
Cons: job security
Easy environment to work with others, very laid back and co-workers are professional when it comes to work. The work is constantly changing which creates the ability to learn new and advance capabilities to produce a quality product for our customer. Both higher and lower management is easy to communicate with and both highly encourage one on one meetings to voice opinions and concerns. I highly enjoy the job and all the challenges that are placed in front of me the only complaint I have is the "hills and valleys" when it comes to work load through the year. There seems to be a constant worry about job security which is very difficult to deal with over long periods of time
productive and fun work environment
Floor Sales (Former Employee), Harrisburg, ILApril 15, 2014
everyone there was a veteran and could do there job in there sleep. it was a great place to work all around
Vapor Deposition System Manufacturing
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Livermore, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: great people, worked in the warehouse and shipping and receiving
Cons: three owners in 4 years and out of business.
Indiviual systems were under bid. Production specifications were not presented to purchasing to pre-order long lead time items or special order "expensive" parts. Parts manufacturing runs were not allowed to cut prices. Prior cash flow problems hamstrung parts arrivals from key parts suppliers and vendors.
management&supervision
SUPERMARKET MANAGER (Former Employee), lebanonFebruary 1, 2014
purchasing
dealing with supplier
studying new product with supplier
comparing margins &profit
checking expiry date
schedualing stuff
checking invoice
checking return items
checking receiving orders
break room
asst mgr, dephead,keyholder, warehouse (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: insurnace
I enjoyed working with everyone, and my co workers,
I like what I was doing and with the farmers.
Very productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 15, 2013
Everyday at work we go over our jobs for the day and began our regular routine. I learned more ways to clean. I had great hard working co-workers. Other than giving up my job to go back to school there wasn't anything to hard about the job because we all knew how to help our team mates. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I worked in a environment were everyone got along and being productive for the company was satisfying.
Professional Company with many ties to the Safety Community
Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJJune 6, 2013
Pros: a small company - there is a lot of interpersonal contact and assistance.
Cons: expensive healthcare contribution
Having worked for TSC for only a short time I am making no comments or judgments at this time.
works with your times
Production / Dock worker (Former Employee), West Chester, OHOctober 29, 2012
the management really did not care for their employees I unloaded trucks and loaded trucks pick orders and pack orders
I wouldnt recommend nobody to work for them
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLJuly 24, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits
I glad that I no longer work for the company because the lack morals
MANAGEMENT MISSING ESSENTIAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
DISPATCHER / SAFETY DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJune 23, 2012
Pros: worked in safety
Cons: management lacking
TERMINAL MANAGEMENT HAD VERY POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS. EMPLOYEES WERE DEALT WITH IN AN INCONSISTENT MANNER.

EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE WAS NON-EXISTANT.