TSC Employee Reviews

Fun Summer Job
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PASeptember 24, 2017
Great job with nice people. Fun to be outdoors all day and work as part of a team. Provided the chance for me to grow my teamwork and leadership skills.
I like working for an agriculture, hardware enviorment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Stock the shelves and review inventory
Customer Service
management is understanding and easy to work with
would like more hours but there aren't more available
enjoy helping customers
Pros
agriculture enviorment
Cons
not able to get enough hours
Productive and very competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLAugust 29, 2017
You are selling affordable home phone service. Assisting customers with buying the product and also taking care of customers concerns and complaints. A very outgoing environment.
Very productive and easy place to work at
Puller/Packer (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAAugust 15, 2017
I like working there because it's laid back but still a lot of work to keep you busy usually and make the day go faster. I like pulling and packing but it would be nice to get better guns to scan with...technology is a pain anyways.. more fans or somehow to keep cooler would be great..
Pros
Staying busy
Cons
Extremely hot
Not a bad place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Simpson, KYAugust 3, 2017
In ldpa it is a fast paced environment that is always busy. It's a clean as work and clean environment. Not a climate controlled environment but it is a good place to work.
Good place to gain experience
Engineman (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 2, 2017
Through my experience at TSC Great Lakes and other organisations i have worked with , I learnt a lot about different management styles, and strategies for maintaining cooperation in a large group project setting. I feel that as valuable as that experience has been, I am anxious to work on more specialized projects where I will have the opportunity to be more of a leader than was going to be possible there.
Pros
Free medical insurance
Cons
short breaks
Very poor place need better management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNMay 3, 2017
Never got any good tranning. Manager was very disrespectful an never stayed on the right time sheets. One day of tanning an wasn't shown how to run the check machine so when I tried it was took out of my payroll cause the check didn't take to the register. If I was shown how that would of never happen.
fast paced environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 29, 2017
It is an everchanging environment and fast paced. They are still working on some policies so that all areas are working with the same information and procedures. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company unless you are willing to move to other states. Most people just leave the company for other opportunites.
Pros
basically free cable
Cons
no growth
My longest employment
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
TSC is a non profit organization located in the middle of Manhattan. I was able to develop many skills that will serve me well in my future career, such as video editing, multi camera production and switching. I got to take part of meaningful causes and have met thousands of interesting people.
You get a lot of freedom however you work away from home for weeks at time.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Travel the North EastOctober 27, 2016
Being a tower specialist has its ups and downs like any job, You get to learn a lot such as rigging, basic cabling and steel fabrication. You get to see a lot as you work all over the country. However that also makes it difficult to balance home life. Keeping a regular crew is difficult and it is equally difficult to try and maintain any type of schedule.
Pros
If youre a good worker, there are decent raises.
Cons
No regular schedule, lack of communication
Okay
Top hand/Foreman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2016
Drive to site, get prepped, get up top and install equipement. Get down and do paperwork. Drive back to hotel. Learned a 5C upgrade. Climbing on windy days was hardest.
Pros
Paid Drive Time
Cons
Months away from home
Military
Director, Student Services/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILApril 5, 2016
Retired from US Navy when stationed there. Good atmosphere and people to work with. Good work/life balance and room to grow.
Great people and good vision
Global Sales & Service Manager / GM (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Great people working together as a team to accomplish the same goal of supporting clients and delivery quality services and equipment,
Awesome Workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyed my time with this company and really felt the family setting work crew they had. If I could I would definitely return and have no regrets.
Pros
Free Tickets to sporting events
Cons
Small company got let go
Express IT/ TSC
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2015
The TSC is a good place to work at, but there is no room for advancement or additional training due to the budget for the TSC. Decent call volume.
fun place to work
Cashier/ customer care (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Plenty room for advancement. Other employees a joy to work with.. Pay could have been better.
The hardest part of working here was being on my feet all day.
Great Environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 14, 2015
Its was a GREAT experience! For me being raised on a farm around animals all my life it was the perfect working environment for me! All the co-workers were awesome and respectful of one another! We would have fun while we worked! I also loved that during my time there I got to get to know the usual's! All the shift managers were great. The assistant manager was really nice and caring! The General Manager on the other hand he was nice at times and at others times he was really rude! My job time at this location was short due to the fact the GM was cleaning house because his job was on the line for poor training other reasons.
Pros
The Customers!
Cons
It was only part-time for Cashiers
Hard work low pay.
Supervisor 1st teamleader (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 1, 2015
Fun to interact with customers and the staff good people all-around.
Problem is it not easy to keep stocking and sorting nothing not to unexpected from a retail store but due to low worker salary don't expect high pay in any of the positions including salary management.
Pros
Good people good management team.
Cons
Low pay and barly any hours.
not fun at all
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 28, 2015
you are stuck in one place for 8 hrs a day standing cant leave the front without calling some one some times takes 30 mins to get some one to replace you so you can go to break managment plays favorites
Pros
15% discount
Cons
cant buy anything while on the clock
Satellite communications and ever changing information technologies is an exciting profession.
Lead Satelite Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawndale, CADecember 24, 2014
Working for various school districts and their personnel (teachers, public personalities, other educators) required patience and practice. Designing satellite locations,and the installations which followed, was stimulating and quite rewarding. I enjoyed information technology and their applications. Finding a suitable location on school property was always difficult, however, not impossible!
Pros
Educating teachers and other personnel on use of satellite equipment and technologies.
Cons
Dealing with licensing and permit pulling.