TSC Employee Reviews

Military
Director, Student Services/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILApril 5, 2016
Retired from US Navy when stationed there. Good atmosphere and people to work with. Good work/life balance and room to grow.
Great people and good vision
Global Sales & Service Manager / GM (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Great people working together as a team to accomplish the same goal of supporting clients and delivery quality services and equipment,
Awesome Workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyed my time with this company and really felt the family setting work crew they had. If I could I would definitely return and have no regrets.
Pros
Free Tickets to sporting events
Cons
Small company got let go
Express IT/ TSC
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2015
The TSC is a good place to work at, but there is no room for advancement or additional training due to the budget for the TSC. Decent call volume.
fun place to work
Cashier/ customer care (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Plenty room for advancement. Other employees a joy to work with.. Pay could have been better.
The hardest part of working here was being on my feet all day.
Great Environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 14, 2015
Its was a GREAT experience! For me being raised on a farm around animals all my life it was the perfect working environment for me! All the co-workers were awesome and respectful of one another! We would have fun while we worked! I also loved that during my time there I got to get to know the usual's! All the shift managers were great. The assistant manager was really nice and caring! The General Manager on the other hand he was nice at times and at others times he was really rude! My job time at this location was short due to the fact the GM was cleaning house because his job was on the line for poor training other reasons.
Pros
The Customers!
Cons
It was only part-time for Cashiers
Hard work low pay.
Supervisor 1st teamleader (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 1, 2015
Fun to interact with customers and the staff good people all-around.
Problem is it not easy to keep stocking and sorting nothing not to unexpected from a retail store but due to low worker salary don't expect high pay in any of the positions including salary management.
Pros
Good people good management team.
Cons
Low pay and barly any hours.
not fun at all
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 28, 2015
you are stuck in one place for 8 hrs a day standing cant leave the front without calling some one some times takes 30 mins to get some one to replace you so you can go to break managment plays favorites
Pros
15% discount
Cons
cant buy anything while on the clock
Satellite communications and ever changing information technologies is an exciting profession.
Lead Satelite Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawndale, CADecember 24, 2014
Working for various school districts and their personnel (teachers, public personalities, other educators) required patience and practice. Designing satellite locations,and the installations which followed, was stimulating and quite rewarding. I enjoyed information technology and their applications. Finding a suitable location on school property was always difficult, however, not impossible!
Pros
educating teachers and other personnel on use of satellite equipment and technologies.
Cons
dealing with licensing and permit pulling.
great place
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  maryland heightsSeptember 12, 2014
I really like working there and the people are great and understand some thing
Work Enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brewton,ALJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at Tractor.
Day starts with completing a daily task sheet, then it is rotate and stocking feed then it is off to the stock room for some much needed merchandise to the floor procedure. This is the way it is day or night. At night we straighten selected isle's and face and front, dust and clean. Sweep then mop, most nights. The best part of the day is helping customers find what they are looking for, or suggesting something that helps meet their needs. We are a small store therefor we are limited on co-workers so it is normally management and one other person. Everyone has to do their part. I have learned a lot about certain feeds, meds, and dog foods for your pets. Management is really for the store manager, as an assistant you are more part of the labor force that can do overrides, special orders, and answer questions. Enjoyed working there, but is very demanding on your family life. I really never got to see mine while I have worked here.
Pros
15% discount on most items!!
Cons
no family life.....at all.....
Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 13, 2014
As a Team Member I am Highly engaged with customer service. Helping customers find items in the store, or online, also help order items from vendors if it is an item we do not carry in store. Keeping store organized and clean, as well as checking customer out with there perches.
Enviroment is family based and easy to work with others
System Logistics Lead Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMay 21, 2014
Easy environment to work with others, very laid back and co-workers are professional when it comes to work. The work is constantly changing which creates the ability to learn new and advance capabilities to produce a quality product for our customer. Both higher and lower management is easy to communicate with and both highly encourage one on one meetings to voice opinions and concerns. I highly enjoy the job and all the challenges that are placed in front of me the only complaint I have is the "hills and valleys" when it comes to work load through the year. There seems to be a constant worry about job security which is very difficult to deal with over long periods of time
Pros
enviroment, benefits, professional co-workers
Cons
job security
productive and fun work environment
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILApril 15, 2014
everyone there was a veteran and could do there job in there sleep. it was a great place to work all around
Vapor Deposition System Manufacturing
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 3, 2014
Indiviual systems were under bid. Production specifications were not presented to purchasing to pre-order long lead time items or special order "expensive" parts. Parts manufacturing runs were not allowed to cut prices. Prior cash flow problems hamstrung parts arrivals from key parts suppliers and vendors.
Pros
great people, worked in the warehouse and shipping and receiving
Cons
three owners in 4 years and out of business.
management&supervision
SUPERMARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  lebanonFebruary 1, 2014
purchasing
dealing with supplier
studying new product with supplier
comparing margins &profit
checking expiry date
schedualing stuff
checking invoice
checking return items
checking receiving orders
break room
asst mgr, dephead,keyholder, warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 9, 2013
I enjoyed working with everyone, and my co workers,
I like what I was doing and with the farmers.
Pros
discount
Cons
insurnace
Very productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 15, 2013
Everyday at work we go over our jobs for the day and began our regular routine. I learned more ways to clean. I had great hard working co-workers. Other than giving up my job to go back to school there wasn't anything to hard about the job because we all knew how to help our team mates. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I worked in a environment were everyone got along and being productive for the company was satisfying.
Professional Company with many ties to the Safety Community
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 6, 2013
Having worked for TSC for only a short time I am making no comments or judgments at this time.
Pros
a small company - there is a lot of interpersonal contact and assistance.
Cons
expensive healthcare contribution
works with your times
Production / Dock worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 29, 2012
the management really did not care for their employees I unloaded trucks and loaded trucks pick orders and pack orders