TSG Employee Reviews in United States

a typical day
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
Well they make promises that they can not keep to their employees, I went for almost a month without working because they were auditing Florida when I miss one conference call they act as if it is the end of the world
great place to work would love to be back
forevermark cabinetry (Former Employee) –  edison NJJuly 12, 2015
excellent work there the coworkers are excellent the work will teach you a lot. it gives many opportunities to other people on learning new thing and having experience to even start your own business. its an excellent career to look into and this is the best fir to start with but you would have to go through p&p temp agency in new Brunswick take the chance while you can its a great opportunity.
Great place to work, great pay.
Used car broker (Former Employee) –  24074 Gibson Dr., Warren MI, 48089July 1, 2015
I love working here and have been successful in this line of work. Its a family run business and a great environment. While working here I was able to learn sales and people skills that relate to automotive sales.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No health benefits
Just Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 21, 2015
No direction, no hope in modernizing equipment, to much waasted effort in working without a plan. Moral is poor.
Pros
better than unemployment
Cons
too many to list
Everybody worked together
Framer (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 22, 2014
Worked around the shop assembling, stacking, & packing. Used a forklift around the shop.
Pros
great environment
Cons
business would get slow sometimes
you are stuck once you're in accoutning
accounting (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 27, 2014
we work long hours in accounting and we have to be very careful not to upset management or we will be ostracized from the group. They take us out once in a while to have fun but then we have to work a lot of hours to make up the work when we are back in the office. we are encouraged to not go to the all team meetings because it takes up too much time. everything is very secretive and people that make too many waves by trying to do things differently end up leaving. a couple people were able to go to another part of the company but one ended up back in accounting and is now working longer hours for lower pay. if you are okay with being micromanaged you will like it here. I just do what I'm told and don't make waves. Management says they want to create a certain culture but we don't know what they're taking about. I like most of the other people here but some managers are rude but they won't change because they are friends with the ones in charge.
Not very organized
Marketing/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 20, 2014
Organization was a problem. The people were friendly and helpful, but lacked some organization skills. The job was a good learning curve but the potential to be pro active was not available. There was a very nice office environment with ease of parking and location was close to other businesses.
Pros
good learning environment.
Cons
no benefits
good company to work for. Everyone was treated like family
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2014
Working at TSG Maher was a good experience. The owner treated everyone like family. We all got along and worked well together. Our clients even enjoyed working with us. We went out of our way to please each client. The job was not hard but was a lot of work. Due to downsizing was laid off.
Excellent company to work for
CENTRIXS-M Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  SAN DIEGO, CAFebruary 8, 2014
I worked on installing computer network systems for centrixs enclaves
Workplace
Tape Specialist of Georgia (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 6, 2014
I've learned how to pack raw materials, didnt really get along with all co-workers, the most enjoyable part of the job is when it was time to go home!
Cons
shorts breaks
Worst job ever
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 30, 2013
A typical day in the office consisted of fearing the management and waiting for the other shoe to to drop. The money is great, but I would not wish a job with this organization on my worst enemy. Co-workers and peers were great, but the two owners were the worst people met.

The owners were nice during the interview process. I was told that I was replacing a person who left the country suddenly. Since my first day at work, I found the company culture toxic. Everyone walked around on egg shells all the time because of ill-tempered management. People were constantly "tested" by being setup to fail and be yelled at.

Everyone was treated like "the help" one of the owners would start a conversation and the suddenly turn around and walk away mid-sentence.

Do not take any job with this organization if you expect to be treated as a human being.

3 months after I started with this awful company, it was revealed that I was only hired as a temporary replacement for a gentleman who took an extended vacation.
Pros
good money, good benefits
Cons
toxic culture at the office, dishonest, manipulative owners
Very productive workplace, with a ping pong table and nice recreational lunch/break room to wind down.
Customer Service Representative/Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJuly 11, 2013
Great company consistently allowing opportunity, but also has a high turnover rate. Typical days would consist of a high volume of inbound calls. After a few months I was able to gain the ability to get off the phones to be an assistant to other leads and supervisors. Gained my first opportunity to lead and train other employees as well as new members of the TSG team. Handled supervisor calls and other management type scenarios prior to sending up to the appropriate department/manager.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very difficult to advance within
Not a desirable place to work
Survey Specialist II (Government Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Lay offs every year, and poor management structure. It is decent if you are looking for a stepping stone into another company or boost in your career and resume. Fired all of our management and now we are having trouble working as a team and completing the tasks at hand. ):
productive and experience gaining
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAOctober 2, 2012
I learned that I could do more than I thought i could becouse of tsg.I learned to drive a forklift. schedule the machines.do some receiving.
Pros
great atmosphere.
Cons
they shortened are lunch breaks
Great place to work but no room to move up the through the company at this time
Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2012
I am a Temporary employee through Tri-Staff Group (TSG) but I am working for ARROW ELECTRONICS. they are a good company overall, but i have been working there for 6 months and not even a hint of being hired on. As a temp employee i don't get holiday pay, PTO, Sick time. but the work value is really great since the people i work with are fun always something new to build
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed the experience
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
I been working with this company since thy opened and I've learned a lot. I am grateful for everything this company and taught me and wish to Continue to work hard for other companies just like this one.
A great company to work for.
Senior Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 23, 2012
I began working there with very little experience, and as the years went by, I've learned quite a lot and now I have been teaching newer technicians what i have learned.

The typical work day is busy with setups, teardowns and updating ongoing tests. The co-workers are very knowledgable in what they do, and helps having universal technicians that I have taught, to help with the workload.

The hardest part of the job, is since they have limited technicians available that are universal, which is being knowledgable in all departments, it makes it difficult to keep up with the workload.
Pros
great supervisors, and engineers
Cons
compensation for hard working technicians