TSI - Transworld System, Inc

TSI - Transworld System, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible environment
Government collections (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 5, 2016
Horrible place to work. Management are not professional, lack experience, and cover up everything. If you gossip with them your in, if not your out. The HR manager is absolutely horrible.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
horrible management and environment
It was an okay job.
PAYMENT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 26, 2016
It wasn't the ideal job for me, but the pay was good. It also taught me a lot of new things. I am glad I was able to get so much experience from this place of employment.
Unorganized company to work for, horrible experience
Cash Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 23, 2016
Manager plays games on phone in office while assigning work load to employees, over loading them and then provides write up for not completing her task on-time. Does not keep information confidential. Manager supports unethical and misconduct in the workplace. Was personally harassed by other employee, reported to manager and manager did nothing to correct the problem. No room for growth or raises.

The hardest part of the position was dealing with a manager who didnt care about her employees and did not provide a safe work place.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
unorganized, lazy employees, no room for growth, misleading
Hated this job
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 18, 2016
First off its impossible to hit bonus. Just bet on receiving you base wage an hour

Secondly there is so much favoritism. They allow the favorites to not work and browse the web , whie the rest of us had to make 100+ a hour.

Thirdly the employees and management is very unprofessional and "ratchet" its always loud and management never handles any problems on the floor.

TSI is a scam collection company thats changed its name multiple times within the past couple years and only regulates the workers when corp comes for the day

I hated this job
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 16, 2016
A typical day at work is positive and rewarding; I learn great customer service and organizational skills, management has an open communication policies. The best part of the job is the sense of accomplishment
Nice place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 12, 2016
I have been employed for 1yr now and still making the same money I started with. They offer no pay increase even once you have been on the job for a while. Sad to say but everybody does the same job with different pay rates. I think if they had a set pay scale for everyone the turnover wouldn't be so high and people wouldn't quit as often. Everyone should be at least 13.00 an hour with time invested.
Cons
Not enough money
Collections
Collector (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I have worked in dublin for 1 year and i love the company so far, pay is great. I started with no exp. Management is very motivating ans they keep us informed.
Pros
Pay, schedule, culture
Cons
Need more potlucks
Terrible all around
Collector (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 26, 2016
I worked In the FedEx department in Dublin,OH and they promised great pay over the phone and made it seem like you could get bonus and you NEVER hit bonus. The management in my department was VERY rude and not personable AT ALL. The division manager of my department never spoke and was never nice this company will nickle and dime you to death when it come to raises. A personal GOOD friend of mine has worked for them for 21 YEARS and only gets paid 14 an hour!!! They also let go of tenured agents and push you to our companies.
Pros
None besides its a job
Cons
Terrible culture, poor management just TERRIBLE
Horrendeous company to work for
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham PAJuly 17, 2016
Worked for one week and a day.main office didn't even bother to tell the manager who interviewed me that my background check came back fine and the home office told me my start date and I came in there like I was supposed to and the manager said I wasn't made aware that you were going to start today.
For the first week I was doing filling and collating letters until the end of the first week and I questioned the manager when am I supposed to start training and she says "I think next week but I'm not sure"

Bottom line---if you want to work for a company like this...don't even bother
Pros
Quiet place
Cons
The company itself
Turnover Reigns Supreme
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 15, 2016
I titled it "Turnover Reigns supreme" because that is exactly the atmosphere in working for TSI. From writing people up for too much time on a 15 minute break, too much break time all together in a day, wasting time if they believe and the list goes on and on. An employee has the opportunity to be written up in a progressive disciplinary plan right from the start.

The atmosphere causes most people to look over their shoulder. Supervisors are not excluded as they can apparently be terminated on the spot with not so much as even a verbal warning. Senior management takes absolutely NO responsibility for anything and do not care that they have to replace employees constantly.

They want a system of accountability which is understandable, but they go way overboard with it. To show the massive turnover, they have weekly job fairs every week of the year! The roster of individuals that have any amount of time with the company built up are very few.

The compensation can be nice if you are in the right segment. It is difficult, however, getting to the right segment.

Overall, I thought this company could have done much better and with the cost of turnover so high, you would think they would set themselves up a little better and maybe focus on employee retention instead of having to go through the laborious process of hiring/firing every week.
Pros
Fun activities and fundraisers
Cons
Management will save their own skins and take no responsibility for a faulty process
ok place
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJune 12, 2016
they are not a bad place to work for if you are good at collecting money from people over the phone cause that is what they expect from you and mostly all they care bout if you can do that you will fit right in and have no problems
Rewarding position
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working at TSI. My position was very rewarding and challenging at the same time.

My day was never the same. Never a dull moment.

It was very fast passed and the ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure was a needed skill to perform my job.

I considered my team members and co-workers like family. We worked very well as a team and would support each other when ever needed.
Laughable
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2016
The Vps are only looking to further themselves. They have surrounded themselves with those that will agree with them and they have no experience in leadership. They also have very little experience in large client negotiation, the majority of large client relationships have been developed in the field. As sales reps are leaving, so are TSI's large clients.

I had a very large client that left the company and I was never asked why. VPs only asked themselves and sold their story to their bosses so that they looked good (obviously, it was my fault). When I had a meeting set with a large prospect and had to ask for a VP to be on the call, he contributed nothing. How a sales rep lands a meeting with a target client and a VP knows nothing about it, is exactly the problem at TSI

A top sales rep reduced sales almost 90% and it was 6 months until someone asked what was happening.

I had a partnership that I worked on, the other company called me to work on it. TSI VPs demanded meeting after meeting. After an agreement was finally made, the other company did their part in advertising the partnership, TSI did almost nothing. The other company even wrote a large check as a customer and TSI VPs still did very little, even with existing shared clients.

In a world where everyone else is pointing a lead to their web site, a lead that I develop would be assigned to someone else if I pointed them to the web site. The Social Media presence is almost non-existent. If I wanted to 'invest' in developing marketing campaigns that was on me.

The TSI sales model is still based
  more... on cold calling. A new rep is given a paper list of 'prospects', it might as well be phone book. The rep will have to develop their own system of tracking calls and responses. If a prospect asks a new rep to get some info via email, the new rep will have to use their personal email account, professional.

The initial training is mostly about waking up before 8 am, daily affirmations of success and don't wear shorts and sandals while out prospecting. Gee, thanks.

Finally, I understand the 1099 relationship, however, TSI sees only the advantage, not the respect for your client. If you have a problem with a client, you will be on your own to fix it.
Pros
If you have an existing sales network, ok.
Cons
Leadership will protect itself. They cannot change because it would show the incompetence.
Productive and fun work day
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 10, 2016
1) Build and maintain client bases, keeping current client plans up-to-date and recruiting new clients on an ongoing basis.
2) Contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status.
3) Devise debt liquidation plans that include payoff priorities and timelines.
4) Explain and document for clients the types of services that are to be provided, and the responsibilities to be taken by the personal financial advisor.
5) Explain to individuals and groups the details of financial assistance available to college and university students, such as loans, grants, and scholarships.
6) Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills.
7) Train others in specific tasks, such as how to deal with a client who has a cognitive impairment and how to assist a client in preparing meals.
Pros
hour luch
great company ity was my 1st job out of state
Financial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
great company ity was my 1st job out of state
nice co workers
nice area
good pay and incentives
managers are helpful
good food in area
Pros
lunch and incentives
Cons
not many break areas
Productive Job
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCMarch 4, 2016
love interacting with the associates & employees that I worked with . Everyday was something new to learn hands on experience including the mnanagers .
Outside Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2016
This was a short employment experience for me. I worked hard and developed a lot of new business, however was not there long enough to reap the benefits and fruits of my labor.
Pros
Spent a lot of time outside the office developing new business.
Cons
Filing taxes at the end of the year-1099 is a pain.
Collections with no benefits and constant fear of employment ending
collector (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 7, 2015
TSI formerly NCO has its ups and downs but constantly have to worry about what you're about to walk into daily. Lots of miscommunication between management to their employees.
Pros
Easy going enviroment
Cons
Do not know what to expect
Culture of high performance
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
An organization where somebody with work ethic and ambition could create the kind of business and lifestyle that suited their situation.

Worked all different kinds of industries where we were a best in class solution almost all the time. Great people that I will know the rest of my life and I can call friends. The most enjoyable part was hiring a person and watch them grow personally, professionally and create the work/life balance that suited them.

The turnover was difficult at times to deal with as this was a commission sales position - not suitable for everybody. Had a great run of 31 years there and would not trade it for anything.
Pros
No limits
Cons
New owners eliminated the RSD role company wide.
Great place to work that allows for time flexibility
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 3, 2015
Great place to work, you are an independent sales rep where you can make your own hours. You must constantly be developing new business since there is a sales quota to be hit each month. The best part of working here is the opportunity to be in my children's lives with my flexible schedule. The down side is you must enjoy working only by yourself since you are independent.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
working alone, not part of a team, very little if any leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSI - Transworld System, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7