TSI Employee Reviews in United States

Typical revolving door that fitness has become.
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 13, 2016
Tsi is a reactive company that tries to mimic what works for other gyms but after its already been burnt out. Management comes and goes which ends up putting a lot of pressure on all employees on staff. The gym I manage has had 5 GM's in the last 4 years, so as you can tell its a little hard on moral and keeping everyone on the same page. Rules/strategies/and goals constantly change on the fly. The regionals leave you hanging unless your one of their favorites or your club is killing in numbers for that month (which is a rollercoaster month to month). Not to mention the logic of the small box 1 size gyms costing as much as the huge box 4 size ones (have fun explaining that to members). All that being said with the right management the gym itself can be fun and have a good vibe at times.
Pros
Decent Hours now that theres no closeout overtime
Cons
Revolving door, Not much help from supervisors, constant change
the company took a chance with me
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 15, 2016
a great job to be at they are the most kinds people to work for made a lot of money there worked some long hours seven days a week.
Pros
I was taught a lot of new skills there.
Cons
work some good hours some day shift & some nights
1099 self employed commission job.
Sales representative selling collection services (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 19, 2016
TSI is the largest account receivable company in the US. Daily duties include making 50 to 100 phone call to set-up appointments.
Hot knocking business to generate leads. Networking. Sale personnel work separately from others.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
You must generate all leads or purchase from conpany.
Transworld systems
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Start reviewing potential consumer's accounts in our office to determine a wide range of possible actions.Call, update, remove, check on any previous and possible payments, different payment options that are available,sending out letters.Collections is a dog-eat-dog world.Learning the trademarked company system of FACS and all that it can do was difficult and tedious to accomplish.The camaraderie established with co-workers.
Pros
Frequent pot-lucks
Cons
To far to commute
great manager
Collector/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 17, 2016
I loved working for my manager,he was great,up beat,alot of fun
I was a Salvage Military debt collector,it was difficult to get someone to pay for something that was years old,i managed some times but never hit bonus because our bonus structure was so difficult,but i tryed every month to hit goal.
Pros
great manager
Cons
horrible bonus structure
Tsi
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azSeptember 17, 2015
The office closed and the culture was poor i would not recommend this organization to others. Compensation was poor, however, bonuses were great.
Productive and fun place to work. I was always busy
GSE Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Red House, WVMarch 7, 2016
It was a very productive Job, really enjoyed working with the Navy Seabees teaching them how to work on the equipment (new and old). I was always busy doing monthly Preventive Maintenance and Equipment Cycles on the wheel vehicles and generators.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
Contract ended
Excellent company!
Learning Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 6, 2016
I was a work at home associate. Opportuntity to grow and have a positive impact on all new hires throughout the company. Excellent leadership and team work on my team!
Pros
WAH
Cons
No opportunity to meet associates live
Awesome company, awesome people!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp ShelbyMay 8, 2016
Loved the climate, loved the people, great place to work for! I'd still be there if the government hadn't shut the program down.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
contract at the whim of government
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
Actively solicited prospective members and closed membership sales.
Worked closely as a team with GM and other consultants to meet,
maintain and/or exceed Club Quotas as directed.
Great Job
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 29, 2016
I really liked working here. They just have one manager that doesn't know to talk to employees. They will work you all year long especially if you are able to just sit there and take the managers disrespectful remarks.
Fast Paced enviroment in which i loved.
Charter Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
My typical day at work was dealing with technicians across the U.S. Always busy, but as winter gets here it is starting to slow down. I'm needing something with more hours. The hardest part of my job is keeping the technicians in line.
TSI paid well but my personality just needs more entertainment during the day.
HVAC Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 18, 2015
the hardest part of the day is just waking up and staying up, days are going to go by slow, but there just isn't a lot of work to keep busy all day.
Mangement
Mentor Network (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 28, 2015
The job always had a negative atmosphere. The job was enjoyable at first, but when time continued the job got worse. The company is not worth working there, unless you fall in love with the clients.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Mangement
productive and customer service orientated company
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hannahan, SCMarch 24, 2015
Fast pace and customer orientated work place. I very much enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers and made some great friends. The hardest part of the job was the sometime micro management from the Project Manager, other than that it was a great place to work.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
micro management
Office is very busy but has great office chemistry.
State Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 29, 2015
It's never a typical day at work with my job, it's a fast pace envoirnment, that is always changing. I travel a lot and get together with a lot of different partners to create relationships for our organzation. I work a lot indepednately but have a lot of team projects for our big events for our families and youth, in which we have excellent team chemistry and communication. I love the fact that I am in charge of myself and is able to make a difference in families and youths lives. The hardest part of this job is seeing youth at risk, and only being able to do so much for them.
Overall a very good company to work with
Incoming/Outgoing QC, Shipping & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Saint Francis, MNJuly 14, 2015
I had reached my potential at this job and although I tended to stay busy, I had managed to condense work to lessen the load.

My boss, was great to work with, but his time was limited so I was forced to learn some things by trial and error.

Overall, the co-workers were good to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I started in the Inventory and moved up to QC and became OSHA certified and took over Safety classes for the company.

With it being a smaller company, I wanted to learn more and thus my move to TX.
Pros
Bonus', Very flexible w/family issues to all EE's
Cons
Short lunch w/little time to go anywhere as small town.
Typical day
DOE Collections (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYOctober 20, 2015
Would make outbound calls to locate customers and help update their personal information and help get them onto programs to pay back student loans or credit cards they may have owed.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
collections
It was a good place with, for the most part, good people to work with.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tellico Plains, TNMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work was a not knowing until the second that you were leaving, that you were leaving. Management was pretty good and I tried to make things better for the people whos work I checked. I helped them if they had a problem and tried to show better ways to do things. some of my co-workers like to feel like they were your boss but I learned to overlook them and if it became a problem I went and talk to my boss. The hardest part of the job was when I told someone that something wouldn't/would go the lady, who thought she was my boss, would always tell them the differently (98% of the time it would come back from the customer) The most enjoyable part of the day was going in at 6 (didn't have to be there till 7) and talking to the other employee's that were already there. Overall it was a good place to work but never knowing what time you were leaving and not having ANY benefits, well when I got a call with a job offer I had to go.
Pros
if you had an appt. or something came up and you had to leave, you could leave without being pointed.
Cons
no benefits, never know what time your day would end, short (10 min) breaks
educational, non stop ever triving goals to meed
Supervisor positions held Bookkeeper, Collecitons, (Former Employee) –  Getsville, NYMay 29, 2015
attended several company sponsored management courses. at one time company paid for college courses directly related to your current job description