TSS Employee Reviews

Quick response to all service needs.
Technical Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 17, 2016
TSS is a business casual environment and has a pretty good open door policy. For a small company their benefits and amenities are pretty solid. Free snacks/candies in the main lobby as well. They do a fairly good job picking their customers as well so a decent amount of time is spent supporting these customers. Really good employee longevity as well, some people have been here over 5 years.
Pros
Positive culture, management is helpful and willing to invest in growth
Cons
The culture can be off at times because every employee can be rude at times
Productive Work place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2016
Working as a TSS worker taught me so much, such as how to work with different genders and ages. It has also taught me alot about myself and i love this field.
Hardest part of the job
TSS-Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 28, 2016
Not enough hours or money to pay essential bills. Kids are awesome. If you are a single parent as am I, then 20 hours at this pay rate is not going to pay the bills.
Pros
Kids are the best
Cons
Not enough hours or money
Professional work place
Fit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Had possibility to grow professionally from a fit coordinator to a associate tech designer. Had experience with different kinds of clothes for men, women and kids. Worked with HK and Italian vendors/ manufacturers.
Productive place to work
APPEALS ADMIN III (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 13, 2016
Busy
Cultured
Encoraging atmosphere
Love my coworkers
Learned about dme
Typical day was writing appeals all day
Hardest part was leaving
Was a great company
Rapid Response Team - IT Support (Former Employee) –  Altanta, GAMarch 26, 2016
Upstart company that was a great place to work. A lot of energy all focused in the right direction. Great co-workers and probably the best management team I have worked for.
Pros
Great, dynamic young company
Cons
Swallowed up by a corporate jugernaut
team work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2016
monday to friday, this job ,i learned too many thing like to use , caliper, Jo-block, micrometer. finish surface tool, cmm , read the drawing/ print/
Productive good hours
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed working the hours and also working with my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was pulling the leather tight.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short term
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableI
Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 4, 2015
It was good to work their I need new job because I moved to America.
About The Smart School
The Smart School offers world-class education right here in Pakistan. Established under the aegis of The City School, it is committed to providing an ideal learning environment for your child, so that they are not left behind in this rapidly-evolving world. We provide quality education from kindergarten right up till Matriculation, in efficient and well-organised schools.
Challenging Work Environment
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PAOctober 3, 2015
Creative work environment with creating one's own work schedule. Working independently as well as part of a team. Communication with colleagues and client is very important.
Pros
Helping individuals
Cons
Not a steady income
Great Job PRn
Client Advac. (Current Employee) –  North Irby StreetSeptember 8, 2015
Enjoyed working with my clients, and making sure that they attend court to confront there abuser. Help them to thank so that they can make better decisions in there life.
Pros
I love it
Cons
I love it
Good
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2015
Working with children in classroom setting was rewarding and exciting. Working alongside staff was always fun. Learning from the children and staff was a blessing.
I like working as a flagger
Flagger (Current Employee) –  watford city NDAugust 27, 2015
I really enjoy the work that I do and have been very thankful for the opportunity to work with such great people. I have only worked here a very short time. it has been a great experience. the flagger boss is very helpful and a great guy to work with.
corporate culture
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2015
Big business but very out touch with workers
bonus paid in cookies pizza ice cream ,6s culture changing
routers so nobody understands them,the plant mgr worked at
shoe factory now he makes jet engine parts a far cry from the company I joined oh well LOL
Pros
insurance vac great
Cons
overstocked managers that are not knowledgeable
tss
TSS Worker (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 22, 2015
had to clock in around 8am and never knew the exact time or estimate time on what time we got off.. it be days i didntget off til 10 pm or even pass midnight.. short breaks long days
Pros
still had my day life
Cons
bad pay
Internationally Friendly Company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Hooker, OKApril 10, 2015
TSS - Taylord Speciaized Services is an agency that evolved from years of helping others over 5 years in China.
Officially registered as a business less than 1 year.

As a foreigner living in China, there are many things to know other than the language. My accumulated knowledge, contacts, and assistants in China and abroad are able to help individuals and businesses in many ways.

Referrals and social media has been powerful in increasing our customer base, more than we can handle at this time.
The hardest part of the job is building a freelance business up to a formal agency with limited financial resources. The good problem is we have too many customers, and we are working quickly to find solutions to better meet their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with people from all over the world and having satisfied customers.

A few of my responsibilities as owner/operator/agent includes:
*Travel internationally, as needed
*Work from home or office
*Speak English, plus Chinese or 1 other language
*Marketing & Advertising on social medias
*Maintain and design website
*Maintain customer/client/contacts database
*Maintain relations with affiliated partners, and make new
*Have knowledge about living, working, studying, traveling in China or the United States
*Work long hours (for international communications)
*Work alone and communicate with other second language English speakers
*Maintain accounting, collections, and payments
*Keep current of international employment and tax laws
*Develop programs, policies, and procedures
*Build
  more... teams, and team leaders for various jobs/tasks/programs
*Delegate work orders to associates, & follow up
Pros
Work from home/anywhere in the US or China
Cons
No set work hours, must respond to urgent requests
Flexible hours are good but everything else stinks.
Interim Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Overall I'd never in a million years recommend this job to anyone. However, if you're straight out of college looking for something to give you a taste of the field but not have the work schedule of a full time job then it has its benefits. The pay is pretty horrible but this is not an office job so you get to wear more relaxed clothing and you get a lot of time outside in the summer. You can easily do this job while holding down a second job or going back for school. You have very limited contact with your coworkers so there's no real way to develop many friendships on that aspect.

The hardest part of the job is that you're working with children and families with disabilities. There is no glossing that this is difficult. You have to constantly be on your toes to help out that child or family. The upside is when you finally break through the feeling is the most amazing. Imagine being with the family of a non-verbal child when he/she speaks for the first time because of things that you have helped to implement. Nothing compares.

Management is a different story. The immediate supervisors are fantastic. They do try to help out staff and try to be as accessible as they can. However, management could care less about things going on in your life. Also, you could lose hours and go from working 30 hours a week to 10 at the drop of a hat so be prepared that no one cares if you're going to lose your house. Considering they recently could have cared less that over half their staff didn't get paid, this is not a place I'd ever recommend.
Pros
Amazing families, flexible hours
Cons
Constant fear for losing hours, horrible administration, pay vs work is not even close, LONG hours
Loved the people I worked with but found the office and management lacking
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PADecember 1, 2014
A typical day at work was in the field with clients who happen to be school age children. Most of which were developmentally and/or mentally disabled or affected. I would assist these clients in proper actions in public as well as basic life skills in society, the home and in school. I enjoyed the kids I worked with but did not like the staff, management or upper management. I found that everyone passed the buck when it came to responsibility and accountability.
Pros
Positively influencing a childs life, instilling needed life skills for their future interaction within society
Cons
The company in of itself was poorly handled, maintained and managed with a very high turnover
Tss
TSS (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg areaNovember 23, 2014
As a TSS I would go to schools and homes to work with children and parents teaching them how to cope with autism. In the school setting I would follow the child around to his classes and give him coping skills and tools that help him deal with his outbreaks and behavioral issues that he may face. At homes I would work with both the child and parent enforcing the tools that I have given the child and to give the parent tools and skills to help redirect the child and encourage good parenting.
I have had to deal with children throwing themselves on the floor and refusing to move an just shouting and screaming. However I have had children that pick up the skills they need and do very well in changing situations. This is the most enjoyable time is to see the children that you work with succeed in areas where they once struggled with.
The company that I worked for was a great company. The management was willing to work with me in getting as many hours as possible. However the hardest part is that the hours are never consistent because the children that you work with miss school and that affects you financially sometimes in a big way.
Pros
Flexibility in hours and the people you work with
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Its not for everyone
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 20, 2014
Its a very demanding job that requires you to be on your toes at all times. Handling high tech and very expensive cellular equipment and being able to properly install them hundreds of feet high onto a cell tower. As long as its not raining you will work. Hot or cold doesn't matter so if you can't handle the elements its not for you.
I didn't mind the work it was the people I worked with that made things difficult. I am the type of person that will work hard for someone that I respect but will loose all motivation if I continually am disrespected and picked on by co workers and management. Most enjoyable part of the job was when I would be given a task and simply left alone to complete it without someone hovering over me or disrespecting me cause I wasn't as fast as the guy that's done it for 10+ years.
The benefits were great but the pay is lower as an effect.
Pros
Benifits and predium
Cons
Disrespectful co workers, alot of drugs in the crews, management will only take care of you if they feel your worth money to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSS. Our community is ready to answer.