TSYS Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I would love to get re-hired it was a awesome work place. I learned how to manage accounts. Management was excellent. Tsys will train you until you able to understand the procedures.
This company works with credit cards and various banks
Client Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked 4 years writing computer programming manuals, 4 years in Marketing writing press releases etc. and the last 3 years as a client rep for Citibank Commercial Card. The last job I has was the most tedious and least fun. When you are working with a bank to get any change they wanted put in and were telling the programmer what was wanted and they accidentally put in an O for a 0 it could result in a mistake that could cost the bank millions of dollars . It was pretty stressful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 10, 2018
This is a great place to work. They provide great benefits and time off. Management is professional and helpful. It is a family oriented work environmnet that has many events and planned activites for the employees through out the year. Depending on what department you are working in there is often over time offered. You get a one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks. This is customer service so you will of course get those not so easy to deal with customers sometimes. I would reccommend working here to anyone.
Collections Agent
Customer Service, Collections (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 4, 2018
I have been working for Tsys for over 2 years in the collections department. I work from 8 to 5 with every other Friday off. My experience with Tsys has been a positive one, I get along with my co workers and have a pleasant work enviroment. The job is challanging due to the nature of the position. Currently I am making outbound calls with little inbound calls. Collecting on deliquent accounts is our main goal with giving the customer an good experience. Tsys has always maintained a great reputation of treating customers as you would like to be treated. The most difficult position is dealing with difficult people who are disrespectful. The positive side of my position is knowing that you have helped someone, along with the great management and coworker support.
Pros
Benefits, company incentives, positive reinforcement.
Cons
Slow growth, employee favoritism.
Stressful
Operations Tech II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Too much swapping around management. A lot of miscommunication. Stressful environment. I enjoy most of the people I work with just not the environment that comes along with it
The environment at TSYS depends on the area/department you work in. There are many cliques at TSYS.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Initially I enjoyed my position at Tsys. In fact I really liked my job until the last year I was employed there. Tsys does a lot of reorganizations within the company, and this sometimes eliminates jobs and/or entire departments. There are management changes regularly and this also affects how jobs are and causes jobs to change. Fortunately I was able to promote to a supervisor position when I remained under the same management umbrella for about 4 years, but once the management changed I was moved to a different area and eventually laid off.
I love TSYS! It's a great place to work, but I needed to take care my Mom.
TSYS Project Coordinator - Retired 21 years (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 26, 2017
TSYS is a great place to work. Our goals were to provide quality assurance and customer satisfaction. I received great benefits and a great supervisor. I'm so blessed to be able to retire from a great company!
Pros
Quality work
review
Disputes Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 19, 2017
Tsys was a very fast paced call center, must have excellent speaking and customer service skills. Also a lot of information to learn in short periods of time. Mandatory overtime, and shorter lunches wasn't my favorite part.
Sales Manager
Client Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 11, 2017
Resolving customer issues in the merchant machine business. Ensuring on-time delivery of repaired equipment and selling replacement supplies. Great people in the office to work with.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
Job stability
Easy to learn but easy to mess up
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moon roadDecember 10, 2017
Fun place to work but very easy to mess up.
Every day was repetitive but conversations made it go by fast.
Hardest part was trying not to misplace anything or talk to long.
Ruthless clients call this call center non stop.
Help Desk CCR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2017
They asked me to try a new department and when I told them It wasn't for me, right away, they told me I was stuck with it, even blamed me for "volunteering" when I was clearly asked to try the position out and see if its a fit. The forced me to take charge back calls which are the absolute worst. I was yelled at daily. Cursed at daily. Was repeatedly told "F" you even starting the first week on the job. Even TSYS's corporate partners abuse and treat the CSR's poorly. The abuse was so ever present at work that my heart dropped every time I walked on to the call center floor. The jobs impact was so negative that months later I am still traumatized, hate credit cards, & will never work a call center again.
Pros
its not worth it
Cons
constant verbal abuse
Productive and Fun Job, Competitive Environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing projects. Analyzing them and writing code to produce desired results. Code was then tested, documented and moved into the test environment, and later moved to the different stages of production. Paperwork was completed and meetings to communicate changes made to the system. Some emergency fixes were coded on an extremely tight window of time, then documented and communicated the following day. Code was also written, tested and ran to produce reports. Code was also written to convert banks to a whole new system. Sometimes code was written and tested to find missing monies of clients which could not be found by the clients, eventually saving the company millions of dollars for finding it to the penny. That was the most enjoyable part of the job was writing code and fixing problems that no one knew how to solve.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Family Fun and Games, Employee Benefits
Cons
Clients didn't interact directly with the programmers, Very Competitive, Business understanding Technical
Changing culture of fear and distrust.
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 26, 2017
The culture used to be family friendly. But the board did not see money in that so they hired a cut-throat CIO who was brought in to cut jobs and instill fear into those that remained to work harder or face the axe.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Forget career advancement and cost of living raises.
Was a very good company to work for but the company culture is changing.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 20, 2017
SIte closers and layoffs have been occurring for the last year. Several remote site consolidations back to Georgia and yet most of the consolidated jobs went to India. The family atmosphere that existed at TSYS is disappearing and more and more jobs seem to be going offshore.
Productive and fun place to work with a surprise almost everyday
Customer Service/Collector (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 16, 2017
I found that Tsys was a great place to work. We had a great energetic managing staff. As a reward the company would take the team with the highest collection rate on bowling trips, they would sometimes give us extended lunch breaks and provide fun activities and food. They knew how to motivate their employees and keep the moral of workers high.
Great Place to work!!!
COBOL Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2017
This is a Great Place to work! There are a lot of opportunity for growth no matter what division or location. Lots of fun activities throughout the year shows they appreciate their employees.
Good Company to Work for
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 9, 2017
TSYS is a good company with good benefits.
Flexible to work from home
Hours can vary and some nights and weekends are required depending on the job.
Overall a good company with good health benefits and local discounts.
Pros
Benefits and time-office
Cons
Salary is below the market average
Outsourced to India
Software Developer Lead, Programmer Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2017
Outsourced to India after 14 years of service. Enjoyed working with the Boise team. Enjoyed the work/life balance an the work flexibility provided by the company.
Stressful work Environment & lack of Management
Merchant Services - Training and Activation (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 1, 2017
When I originally started I really enjoyed the position, but I soon realized I had a lot more on my plate than the rest of my peers that had been with the company at least 6 months longer than I. To "benefit" the department, management starting switching things around which actually caused a lot of loss - within a few weeks 5 people quit unannounced. The changes made the position more stressful. Verbal abusive from sexist Sales Reps, inner office Gossip (like high school - everyone in a clique) lack of pay, no pay for overtime though it was becoming standard, lack of management and lack of care. I know everyone is out to make money, I don't know anyone who really wants to work.. but a lot of us kissed butt and busted our own to get where we were but it was never really worth it. This company is strictly money driven, and the most they care about the employees is that they are making the company money.
Review
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 30, 2017
Worked entirely unsupervised. Hardest part was trying to locate a person of knowledge. Depending on the group in which you work will determine your work environment/culture/stress/etc.