TSYS Employee Reviews

A comedy of errors
Merchant Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 7, 2017
I was a Merchant Advocate for this company for a year and a quarter. This firm is constantly spitting through employees from the C suite all the way down. From the first week one can see the complete disarray at virtually every level and the constant drumbeat of acquisitions means no one can logically assume they are on their way up or even near a middle class level of compensation.
You would have to wonder why they even bother with training given the likelihood of the new hire moving on or being fired from these ridiculous levels of expectations management expects to remain employees. The teams are great sources of help along the way since the training is barely four days and hardly sufficient. The verbal abuse by management is not productive and demonstrated the lack of professional acumen which does exist at successful firms. I learned a lot about the electronic payment industry and in particular why it is so flawed if TSYS is the example.
Pros
Benefit package is wide in depth
Cons
Shockingly inconsistent management, nepotism, poor customer service
A good place to work
Senior Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A good place to work with a "team player" atmosphere. Its a fast paced environment with a competitive feel to it. Benefits are good as well as the medical plans. The salary levels for the different job titles need to be overhauled and re-adjusted, in my opinion, because they really don't meet industry standards. But over all, it was a very enjoyable place to work for over 10 years.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, holiday events, advancement opportunities, free gifts throughout the year.
Cons
Salary levels for the different job titles are below industry standard.
High pay. Super benefits. Too bad the management ruins it.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2016
I was hired in as a Business Systems Specialist in the Alpharetta office. 4 weeks in, my hiring director and several of my team members were laid off. With minimal training, I was expected to take on the work of 3 positions and succeed. Management was not effective and training was constantly cancelled. My team was 'non existent' and not supportive. The salary and benefits are outstanding! But the workplace is designed for resources to fail. Maybe a different department or even a different team would have made a difference. But my experience was not a good one.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
No training. No new hire support.
Was a good company, enjoyed my position there,but the company culture has changed
Business Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 1, 2017
I love my position and the clients I service, but upper management has start make major changes with software, company culture, restructures, and moral is down. A typical day is open projects, review any new client information, daily meetings, and any other things that may come up.
Pros
Salary, nice facities. vacation and sick time
Cons
culture change and sturcture changes
An Open and easy going place for the most part
Program Analyst 2- TS2 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2016
TSYS is a good place to work. They do care about their clients even though some of them are not always happy as, truthfully, TSYS doesn't always have the best speed to market or methodologies. TSYS does not seem to have a lot of micro managers and frequently hosts events to engage team members with one another and with their communities. The salary could be better but it is competitive.
Pros
Lots of fun. Good people to work with
Cons
Very tedious methodology
Would not work here again!
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 14, 2016
TSYS HAS NO BENEFITS AT ALL .IF YOURE SICK THEY DON'T CARE ITS NOT THEIR FAULT SO YOU WILL GET WRITTEN UP. No dr notes will be accepted, The new attendance policy that was just created is if your 1 minute late coming to work ,breaks,lunches, they you will get wrote up. This company forces people to quit. The benefits sucks you have to earn your paid time off 6 hours per month...The managers only care about themselves.Security is great I must say I honestly would not work here anymore. The pay is lower than I imagine for all the work we have to do ..thankful I only been here for three months and found a new Job. Think before you apply
Pros
Coffee, customers, scheldue
Cons
Breaks change without knowing, no time off, get written up for everything.
Great company
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 15, 2017
TSYS offers many benefits, Health, 401k and profit sharing. TSYS has plenty of Opportunities for advancement since it is such a larger company and they have locations all over the world
benefits
Cons
management top heavy
Its Up To You Literally
Customer Service Representative (Columbus) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2016
It's not a bad job, as long as you're willing to put yourself out there and you have a good work ethic. Depending on the dept you work in you might be busy which ensures you'll have a job. I've learned that it's not always about what you know, but who you know. My co-workers is what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional people in the work environment, un-organization, and lack of training. Really can't specify anything enjoyable about this job.
Pros
lunch vendors, good employee discounts, great medical benefits
Cons
short breaks, favortism, unprofessionalism, misleading.
Amazing first start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 21, 2016
Tsys is a great company from top to bottom. They aim to please their clients in every aspect possible. Would refer anyone wanting that first foot into the door of the customer service working force.
Pros
Schedule choice, healthcare, raises
Cons
Short breaks
Very Productive and keeps you on your feet
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 18, 2017
Tsys is a very good company to work for. They have a very nice and clean work environment and the supervisors are always professional. They also have great benefits as well.
Pros
They treat everyone fairly.
Cons
Stressful calls.
Tsys
CS Credit Card Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 31, 2016
I love my job, my co-workers are very friendly, there are great benefits, and everyone is willing to help each other all the way to management. The hardest part of y job is not being able to solve an issue when all options have been stressed. The best are is hearing a customer laugh and being able to solve an issue.
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2017
Unlike those former employees' bad comments, I believe this was a great company to learn so many things.They simply advanced my vision about what not to do... If you are planning to start your business or build your career in the merchant service industry, start with this company... Trust me! you will be extremely unhappy while you are working for them but their company culture, management style, operational policies and how they treat their business partners & customers will help you to prevent loosing at years 10 years in this industry. So you can advance your business skills and your people skills much faster...
Pros
great everything...
Cons
company pens were not writing well
Nice benefits terrible environment
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 30, 2016
Leads treatment of reps was that of principal to student. Socially harsh workplace. Coworkers(ghetto). VAC, PTO, & Float days great. Weird scheduling.
Pros
Days off, benefits, big cubicles
Cons
Dr notes not accepted, mandatory OT ALL THE TIME, schedule changed every 3months
Productive workplace with a friendly comfortable work environment.
Customer Service/Tech (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2017
Working 40 hours a week which was split to four 10 hour days, with having a three day weekend. TSYS works with different types of schedules. Due to going to school they provided me the option of working four days a week so I can go to class the three days I was scheduled without being rushed back to work after class. The environment was so friendly it was like a giant work family. The company had a few months were conversions made things a bit complicated and busier, but it wasn't difficult to get use to. It allows you to build skill while being under pressure. While being with TSYS Merchant Solutions I've learned so much about credit card processing, and the process on how credit card machines work. I learned about the service end; how billing works for businesses that accept credit card payments, different types of processing methods and fees. I also learned about the technical side of credit card machines, about how they are setup, the file building, troubleshooting, and the requirements they need to meet for the card brands.
The hardest part of the job was when issues would come up and we have never heard of them on the technical side, but we would have different departments aside from out technical support in customer service, but once we received answers it became easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the job keeping you on your toes. It was such a friendly space that when needing assistance anyone was willing to help.
Pros
flexible, schedules, friendly environment, learning experience, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
short breaks, point system.
Declining Work Environment
Software Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 5, 2017
Management sees employees as numbers who are interchangeable while giving no regard to the employees skills and advancement desires. Management has an expectation of complete obedience and is not open to hearing opposing opinions. There is more focus on statistics that can be presented to show positive pictures to the board than they are in actually producing a quality product. This leads to a demoralizing atmosphere for employees.
Productive and fun workplace.
CSRI / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Total Systems due to the livelihood and the many of benefits associated with the workplace. Total Systems is not just a workplace, but it is also a place where you can express yourself. Total Systems provides us the options to voice our opinions on not only workplace fun, but also on job related matters. There is not anything hard about being a customer service representative, but it does have its cons when it comes down to learning new material.
Pros
Free lunches, job awards, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Non-Flexible hours, scheduling, management.
Productive call center environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2016
Typical work day was taken phones calls for multiple banks both in English and Spanish. I explained to the customers their accounts the bank policies verifying accounts transferring when needed. Their was overtime offered but most of the times it was not mandatory the only times it was mandatory was only when we were short handed which we were not most of the time and it was only your lunch that was shortened. The pay for the area was not that bad. I did feel job security with TSYS I loved the company culture very open minded and ethical towards their employees. I had a lot of fun with TSYS while I was there I highly recommend TSYS for job security and growth in the financial and business sector.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits are good PTO and Sick time given once hired, The people I meet there, Tuition reimbursement, Multiple faculties around the world if you wanted to transfer elsewhere, job growth and security
Cons
Mando OT at times, 24 hr call center shifts varies and no shift security all by seniority and rotation
Most Ethical Workplace
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 29, 2016
Best Corporate America has to offer in employee benefits and upward mobility. I highly recommend TSYS.
Toxic environment with no work life balance and careless Management
Anonymus (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
This is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. The work environment is so toxic that it starts to impact your health tremendously. Here are some of the things which makes this place horrible:
-worst managers in many departments. These managers can be subject matter experts but have no managerial skills.
-Favoritism- people who have been working here for couple of years and are favored in terms of vacation (how and when they take it), growth opportunities, recognition of your efforts and a general attitude towards you. Managers won't have your back if you are not his/her favorite.
-Some of the folks who have been there long enough gets away with doing littlest work.
-Lack of privacy-due to the open office system people notice everything you do. It gets harder to concentrate on work with million distractions around.
-Unprofessional behaviors from managerial team members often get unpunished and there is a lot of these behaviors going on around.
-Highly unorganized way of working

Bottom line: Management doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Good training was provided
Cons
Toxic and unhealthy place to work
Awesome place to work - friendly people and great work life balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2017
Tsys has been a wonderful place the last 5 years. You're not micro managed, which I believe is key to being successful at what you do. The flexibility is another reason why I've always enjoyed what I do. My job allows me to work from home and work the hours that are good for me. The hardest part of the job when I first started was multitasking. I had a variety of duties that I needed to focus my time on and needed to prioritize. I overcame that obstacle and feel a sense of achievement knowing that something that once overwhelmed me is now just part of my job.
Pros
Able to work from home, carry a work phone
Cons
Have to pay for parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.