TSYS Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to learn and grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2017
Unlike those former employees' bad comments, I believe this was a great company to learn so many things.They simply advanced my vision about what not to do... If you are planning to start your business or build your career in the merchant service industry, start with this company... Trust me! you will be extremely unhappy while you are working for them but their company culture, management style, operational policies and how they treat their business partners & customers will help you to prevent loosing at years 10 years in this industry. So you can advance your business skills and your people skills much faster...
Pros
great everything...
Cons
company pens were not writing well
Was a good company, enjoyed my position there,but the company culture has changed
Business Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 1, 2017
I love my position and the clients I service, but upper management has start make major changes with software, company culture, restructures, and moral is down. A typical day is open projects, review any new client information, daily meetings, and any other things that may come up.
Pros
Salary, nice facities. vacation and sick time
Cons
culture change and sturcture changes
Declining Work Environment
Software Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 5, 2017
Management sees employees as numbers who are interchangeable while giving no regard to the employees skills and advancement desires. Management has an expectation of complete obedience and is not open to hearing opposing opinions. There is more focus on statistics that can be presented to show positive pictures to the board than they are in actually producing a quality product. This leads to a demoralizing atmosphere for employees.
A good place to work
Senior Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A good place to work with a "team player" atmosphere. Its a fast paced environment with a competitive feel to it. Benefits are good as well as the medical plans. The salary levels for the different job titles need to be overhauled and re-adjusted, in my opinion, because they really don't meet industry standards. But over all, it was a very enjoyable place to work for over 10 years.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, holiday events, advancement opportunities, free gifts throughout the year.
Cons
Salary levels for the different job titles are below industry standard.
Productive work place with good lunch break
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 12, 2017
Fun and loving work place
Most of the people were more than willing to help when you needed it
the night supervisor was rude
it was a lot of stress working with the Atlanta office with them grading our calls
Pros
long lunches, comfortable work environment
Cons
Rude 3rd shift management and having to work with the Atlanta office
High pay. Super benefits. Too bad the management ruins it.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2016
I was hired in as a Business Systems Specialist in the Alpharetta office. 4 weeks in, my hiring director and several of my team members were laid off. With minimal training, I was expected to take on the work of 3 positions and succeed. Management was not effective and training was constantly cancelled. My team was 'non existent' and not supportive. The salary and benefits are outstanding! But the workplace is designed for resources to fail. Maybe a different department or even a different team would have made a difference. But my experience was not a good one.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
No training. No new hire support.
Difficult to merge with existing staff.
Business System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 6, 2016
Difficult to come into the organization at a Senior level.Top heavy in the management area. Managers that have worked at TSYS for a long period of time are not very accepting or encouraging to experienced people coming into the organization.
Teams are required and encouraged to have team building exercises away from the office setting.
TSYS has a week long employee appreciation. Dress code, for the majority of the areas are business casual or jeans,
An Open and easy going place for the most part
Program Analyst 2- TS2 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2016
TSYS is a good place to work. They do care about their clients even though some of them are not always happy as, truthfully, TSYS doesn't always have the best speed to market or methodologies. TSYS does not seem to have a lot of micro managers and frequently hosts events to engage team members with one another and with their communities. The salary could be better but it is competitive.
Pros
Lots of fun. Good people to work with
Cons
Very tedious methodology
Was Great, now in a nose dive
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 19, 2016
This company WAS a great place to work. Then the new CEO's hired gun management completely changed the company culture. It was an employee centered company where employees were the chief asset. Now it is a performance centered company where employees are an expense.
They have forgotten how they got where they are.
Exciting workplace, Shows appreciation to all employers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 8, 2016
Meeting customers needs, solving problems and going over company policy is my typical work day. I Have learned how to utilize different computer programs. Helped me realize how important great customer service is. My co-workers are awesome. Working around great people and supervisors makes it feel like your not at work. No challenge is ever too hard. If I ever have trouble solving a problem I will go to my co-workers or supportive supervisor. The most enjoyable part about my job is when my customers compliment on how awesome I treat them.
Pros
We are always acknowledged for doing a great job.
Cons
If we are still assisting a customer during our break time, it still affects our hours.
Very Productive and keeps you on your feet
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 18, 2017
Tsys is a very good company to work for. They have a very nice and clean work environment and the supervisors are always professional. They also have great benefits as well.
Pros
They treat everyone fairly.
Cons
Stressful calls.
Don't be fooled
Fraud Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2016
TSYS seems like such a wonderful company on the outside but don't be fooled. If you come in as a temp they will seem like they care until you flip perm. The leadership here is a joke. Literally have to go to the top to get anything done
Joke. Absolute joke.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Low pay. Lot of work. Leadership.
Nice benefits terrible environment
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 30, 2016
Leads treatment of reps was that of principal to student. Socially harsh workplace. Coworkers(ghetto). VAC, PTO, & Float days great. Weird scheduling.
Pros
Days off, benefits, big cubicles
Cons
Dr notes not accepted, mandatory OT ALL THE TIME, schedule changed every 3months
Job was very stressful
Client Support Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 20, 2016
I consulted multiple clients on phone calls all day while managing a large number of emails, also from multiple clients, and many of the emails required immediate attention. I was also responsible for managing an option maintenance box when clients would need changes to their functionality. I also had to manage projects sent in by the client that required my writing criteria to perform specific technical functions. My manager allowed me to work without being micro managed. I got along well with my co-workers and we all would help each other when needed. Hardest part of the job was managing so many different things for 9-10 different clients and being on call 24/7. Most enjoyable part of the job was that we were free to move around all during the day and pretty much work on our own.
Pros
Get off work for personal needs anytime we needed to for personal needs, cafeteria on campus, team building events.
Cons
Working in a cubical, being on call.
Tsys
CS Credit Card Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 31, 2016
I love my job, my co-workers are very friendly, there are great benefits, and everyone is willing to help each other all the way to management. The hardest part of y job is not being able to solve an issue when all options have been stressed. The best are is hearing a customer laugh and being able to solve an issue.
Would not work here again!
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 14, 2016
TSYS HAS NO BENEFITS AT ALL .IF YOURE SICK THEY DON'T CARE ITS NOT THEIR FAULT SO YOU WILL GET WRITTEN UP. No dr notes will be accepted, The new attendance policy that was just created is if your 1 minute late coming to work ,breaks,lunches, they you will get wrote up. This company forces people to quit. The benefits sucks you have to earn your paid time off 6 hours per month...The managers only care about themselves.Security is great I must say I honestly would not work here anymore. The pay is lower than I imagine for all the work we have to do ..thankful I only been here for three months and found a new Job. Think before you apply
Pros
Coffee, customers, scheldue
Cons
Breaks change without knowing, no time off, get written up for everything.
Amazing first start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 21, 2016
Tsys is a great company from top to bottom. They aim to please their clients in every aspect possible. Would refer anyone wanting that first foot into the door of the customer service working force.
Pros
Schedule choice, healthcare, raises
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and fun workplace, I loved the atmosphere and assisting patients also being accurate with information. The hours worked well for me and coworkers were always helpful and pleasant.
Great company
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 15, 2017
TSYS offers many benefits, Health, 401k and profit sharing. TSYS has plenty of Opportunities for advancement since it is such a larger company and they have locations all over the world
benefits
Cons
management top heavy
Its Up To You Literally
Customer Service Representative (Columbus) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2016
It's not a bad job, as long as you're willing to put yourself out there and you have a good work ethic. Depending on the dept you work in you might be busy which ensures you'll have a job. I've learned that it's not always about what you know, but who you know. My co-workers is what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional people in the work environment, un-organization, and lack of training. Really can't specify anything enjoyable about this job.
Pros
lunch vendors, good employee discounts, great medical benefits
Cons
short breaks, favortism, unprofessionalism, misleading.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.