TSYS Employee Reviews

Director of Collections (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 22, 2017
Great place to work, leaders can be counted on to go the extra mile.You are more then a number you are a valued team member. A lot is required but more is given.
Productive and Efficient in a very uplifting environment
Technical support helpdesk (Current Employee) –  AZJune 20, 2017
My typical day at work, I take about 20-30 calls about terminals, batch information, credit card information, and communication issues with the terminals. The calls range from a minute to about 30 minutes depending if the terminal needs a download or not and what the communication issue is.
I learned certain ways to talk to customers and treat them as a customer rather then someone just looking for help. I've learned many tools to help me assist merchants.
The culture of the workplace I work in is awesome, we all get along and help each other if we dont understand something. We all one big team no matter what, even if people are from different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the atmosphere, everyone is so friendly and caring there.
Pros
Friendly activitives
Cons
short lunches
Business Plan
Regional Merchant Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pacific NWJune 19, 2017
The business plan for TSYS / TransFirst is weak. Pretty much for outside reps its go cold call - good luck. Very weak at obtaining partners in either the Financial Institution or otherwise and if they do seem to go to inside sales groups bypassing outside reps. If you have a connection to Omaha ( home base ) then you will experience favoritism - the word nepotism is a good description with whole families sometimes being hired .

The workplace has very friendly people with a mid-west friendly vibe which can make day to day communications more fun.

Advice to management would be ( even after TransFirst has taken over ) get a real plan - don't let experiences from First Data simply be duplicated to generate Revenue - actually improve your offerings and get real about feeding the outside reps; we all have to eat !
Pros
One of the largest processors of card payments
Cons
Future needs to be better defined - break what doesn't work - replace with new offerings
what tsys is like
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 19, 2017
Tsys is a great job I enjoyed my time working there. Enjoyed helping my cx to the best of my ability. Tsys is also very strong on team work or partner ship which is excellent. its a professional, fun atmosphere. its also a place you can grow in over the years of your tsys career
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 16, 2017
You are not able to move up as quickly as they say you are or even at all. There is a lot of favoritism. I love who I work under and whom I work for. Teamwork makes the dream work
Pros
a place to work
Cons
excused absent are counted against you.
Perfect place until recent upper management changes took effect
Lead Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 31, 2017
Great coworkers and pleasant environment which has unfortunately been recently bitten by the 'lay-off' bug. This has reduced morale and those being targeted are largely the most senior staff sadly.
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2017
If you have children or a family this is definitely not a job for you. The management sucks and they do schedule change every 3 months not a stable place to work.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Fmla, Working on holidays
Good Experience
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 23, 2017
Working with the company gave me good experience in my desired field. I met some great people and formed good relationships. It is a typical call center environment.
Great if you need it.
Credit Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 15, 2017
TSYS is a great company for when you need the job. It pays very well and does offer great benefits,It offers moments of Team appreciation, but after awhile you fall into the norm of overstress of the job and how unbalanced and finnicky it truly is. If you're someone who gets sick often or has health issues you'll find that TSYS can weigh you down as doctors notes are not acceptable so you get punished for each day missed. Further realizing you are ntohing more than a corporate lackey who they will easily enjoy to replace. But if you need a high paying job, this is a great start.
Pros
Insurance, Wonderful Vendors
Cons
Stress, Doctors Notes not accepted.
Account Executive
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 15, 2017
Good benefits and excellent work/life balance. Not room for advancement. Work remotely so no chance to interact with anyone outside of your local team.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
no way to advance
Productive Environment
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 11, 2017
Working at TSYS teaches you productivity and professionalism. Unfortunately, the recruiting department was laid off causing separation. Weekly meetings and reports help to keep one in the loop of the recruiting and hiring strategies.
Pros
Casual Attire
Cons
Wages
the time was fun
Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 5, 2017
Handles inbound and outbound calls on delinquent and/or over limit accounts with customers to reach a payment agreement. Initiates a plan of action to recover outstanding accounts to include various methods of payment such as, commitment to pay by mail, debit account, and Quick Remit. Identify accounts that need further investigation to locate customer and utilize information obtained from skip tracing material. Maintains accurate and complete records of all payment agreements and inquires. Must follow all client policies and procedures while consistently adhering to all Federal and State collection laws.
Posting Projects
Programmer Technical Analyst (remote) (Former Employee) –  Homedale, IDMay 1, 2017
Juggled multiple projects at different phases of the development life cycle. Analyze one project, code another, and testing another. When an issue arises, find the code issue, fix, test, implement, and then get back to project work – flexible, adaptable, and get the work done.
Bringing new client on-board was challenging and rewarding. Our team did everything from Cards to Statement files. It forced you to learn every aspect of Credit Card processing, booking new accounts, incoming transaction, posting, updating money buckets, APR, Promo pricing, payment allocation, to General Ledger updates. Anything and everything was thrown at us and usually on a tight time-line.
Pros
solving problems, getting the code to do what you want, management appreciated the work being done, compensation for a job well done.
Cons
lots of overtime - failure is not an option. Jobs moving to India
Great coworkers
Customer Service Rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2017
Management and expectations were excessive. High volume call center and no room for mistakes. You only get two and then you get written up. Also; training listens to live calls. All of your calls are monitored!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Expectations
company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 27, 2017
they are not for your family the management I great some of them are nice. They don't gave holidays off like Christmas, new year, thanksgiving if you pregnant make sure you have the appointment on are off days.
Great Place to work
Fraud Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2017
for balancing a workload of over 50 fraud cases at a time for multiple clients, contacted cardholders in order to obtain information on confirmed fraud situations, gathered necessary information and contacted law enforcement agencies as needed, re-billed cardholder accounts as necessary, SAR Reports, used Accurint

The hardest part of the job was when there was no fraud, yet the customer still stating fraud. Showing proof to the customer still didn't seem to get them to understand.

The enjoyable parts of the job was the job itself. I loved what I did and it made me want to go to work everyday. Here, too, I also had a wonderful work family. We worked hard together and helped our co workers when needed.
benefits
Cons
Great people to work with
TECHNICAL CSR SENIOR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 24, 2017
Very little to no advancement offered. Leadership does not advance employees to match current job responsibilities. Great people, pay is not meeting current industry standards.
Great Place to Work
Technical Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 21, 2017
Call Center, Answer calls, Assist customers, performance incentives, great atmosphere, great management, great co workers, great opportunity for advancement
If you are family oriented this is NOT the job for you
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
I got hired on through a Temp service and let's just say; shortly after training I was ready to quit. Your schedule is SET for 3 months at a time, meaning if you start a shift from 2pm-11pm off only on Mondays & Wednesday.. that is EXACTLY what you will work for 3 months. Its almost impossible to switch or take time off. And depending what department you work in you can take very irate calls and have people curse you out for no reason
TSYS is a good place to learn some great skills
Fraud Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
You have a variety of opportunities at this company and it gives you a chance to grow and impact so many people. This is a good starting point for the young and young at heart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.