TSYS Employee Reviews in United States

Director of Innovation, Global Product Group (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 4, 2016
Plenty of opportunity beyond the main segments of concentration. Global company with great clients. In middle of change process with new CIO and CEO.
Loved working for this company.
Chargeback Specialist I-Total Systems (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 28, 2016
This company was a company of many with smiling faces. I loved working for this company. The other employees often feel like family.
Would not recomend this place
Consumer Relations/Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2016
underpay employees, would not recommend working here. hard to move up even though you work hard and pass all the requirements. they show favoritism and do not care about the employees
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2016
Fun work place ... good company . Co workers madde work fun, hardest part of job was to work long hours outside of shift , typical work day answer 30-60 calls and provide info ... Enjoyed the free lunches during team appreciation week.
Great and productive place to work
Fraud Analyst I-Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2016
TSYS is a great place to work. There is a lot of advancement opportunity & you gain lots of knowledge. My co-workers are excellent & management is very helpful. I have gained a lot of skills while working TSYS to help me in my future endeavors
data entry
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 5, 2016
Every day I picked up the phone and took messages. Management was nice and so were the co-workers. It was just too far out for me
best part of work were the talking boothes.
Media Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with laughter and excitement. not a dull moment ever spent at tsys.
I became the head of my bay which is basically like having your own little section I had to take care of.
Managing can be quite stressful sometimes but I do love to be in charge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers,
Pros
great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Barely had time for school
TSYS is about satifying the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 29, 2016
At TSYS I worked for State Farm call center. I answered incoming calls from members about there payments or any issues they has with there credit cards.
Very productive and fun environment.
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253April 28, 2016
I learned a lot about finances, and how to field both inbound and outbound calls. I also learned the ins and outs about credit cards.
Pros
Wonderful food vendors
Cons
Kept changing our work hours
Productive and fun workplace.
CSRI / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy my employment with Total Systems due to the livelihood and the many of benefits associated with the workplace. Total Systems is not just a workplace, but it is also a place where you can express yourself. Total Systems provides us the options to voice our opinions on not only workplace fun, but also on job related matters. There is not anything hard about being a customer service representative, but it does have its cons when it comes down to learning new material.
Pros
Free lunches, job awards, plenty of benefits.
Cons
Non-Flexible hours, scheduling, management.
Great Work Experience
Microcomputer Technician I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 17, 2016
Great Place to Work! I enjoy the interaction with many different people from various cultures and countries. TSYS offers educational opportunities.
Day in the Life of....
Senior Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2016
Workday can begin any time 6-9, although TSYS leadership leans toward the early crowd (at least one leader was observed watching the parking lot arrivals on a regular basis from their window, later coincidentally calling out said latecomer during a meeting). It is possible this is used when considering ratings/promotional opportunities.
Training is provided to FTEs as indicated during new hire program. From those longer-employed, word was that training can be difficult to acquire approval, but once approval is given, spending those approved dollars on a viable employee do not appear to be an issue.
Co-workers appear friendly, but are generally hard-pressed to share too much information, as though it could weaken their pecking order status. This was observed in nearly every department, by multiple long-term FTEs and newcomers alike.
Hardest part of the job was frequently working with half-information or "reliable party-provided" information, which later turned out to be either slightly skewed or complete misinformation, and feels intentional. No company should encourage or reward info-hoarders, yet the same ones retaining the info are indubitably selected as 'winners' and/or rewarded as such.
Enjoyable part of the job was the somewhat relaxed pace of the workflow, though it isn't something I'd look for in a financial company if I'm the client.
I enjoyed most days, made some permanent lasting work and personal relationships there despite the cloaking device put up by most, but it is unlikely I would seek to return to TSYS, knowing the below-average pay rate and the confirmed-by-management
  more... mantra to keep it that way.  less
Pros
A solid 40-hour work week (a rarity in corp Amer), onsite cafe, free parking/some covered avail$, Arizona location is nice.
Cons
Slightly chaotic leadership, not walking the talk
Excellent place!
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2016
It's a wonderful workplace, great management team. Great support and respect. Management and co-workers are understanding and co-operative.
Productive call center environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2016
Typical work day was taken phones calls for multiple banks both in English and Spanish. I explained to the customers their accounts the bank policies verifying accounts transferring when needed. Their was overtime offered but most of the times it was not mandatory the only times it was mandatory was only when we were short handed which we were not most of the time and it was only your lunch that was shortened. The pay for the area was not that bad. I did feel job security with TSYS I loved the company culture very open minded and ethical towards their employees. I had a lot of fun with TSYS while I was there I highly recommend TSYS for job security and growth in the financial and business sector.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits are good PTO and Sick time given once hired, The people I meet there, Tuition reimbursement, Multiple faculties around the world if you wanted to transfer elsewhere, job growth and security
Cons
Mando OT at times, 24 hr call center shifts varies and no shift security all by seniority and rotation
Great people
Director Relationship Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 25, 2016
The people are the best. TSYS is a great company and really tries to make sure folks put family first but that's difficult because TSYS really cares about their customers so when something happens you need to be there. The best reason to work there is for the people.
Pros
People
Cons
After hours work
Family Oriented
Travel Specialist and Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 21, 2016
A typical day includes assisting customers with rewards redemptions (gift cards, cash back, travel), account inquiries, and providing administrative and team support. I mainly fill the role as a travel specialist. This position requires not only booking hotel, car and airline reservations, but assisting with any related issues. These issues can include cancelations, missed flights, etc. I am a program expert on all clients (at least 30) and provide support where this is a need. I assist the research department in gathering specific information and communicating with clients. I provide team support to agents in my area and assist with escalated calls. I also provide support to the supervisors. This requires that I keep an eye on incoming call volume, adjust the types of calls agents receive to successfully meet service levels, and keep leadership abreast of any technical or client issues that affect the call center. I may be required to send service level reports and weekly updates to management.
Pros
Fun, Family Oriented, Wonderful growing experience, Great people, Great benefits, NO fear of job loss
Cons
Low pay
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 6, 2016
This is a great place to work, but it is a call center so having time off is hard to come by.The training is great and they have friendly employees for the most part that is willing to help you.
Growth opportunities, lower end pay scale, great benefits, handsome time off
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 4, 2016
Growth opportunities, lower end pay scale, great benefits, handsome time off. Center is growing but struggles to find a voice as many initiatives are dictated from Columbus. Poor attrition due to staffing agency model
Pros
development opportunities, opposite of metro Atlanta traffic, growing area, great leaders, promote from within
Cons
high attrition through staffing model, initiatives dictated by headquarters vs working as a semi autonomous call center, pay is lower than industry average
not a good area to work in
Fraud Analyst I (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 1, 2016
As a Fraud Analyst, you are paid barely anything. They expect more and more work from you with little compensation and the inability to do such things.

They said they have "tested" the numbers they give you, but they do not know what the field can really be like.

When I switched between jobs, their training was minimal at best. The company is also having a lot of issues with filling roles and there is little room to grow.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad compensation, inability to move up the ladder quickly
Really tough to advance
I.T. Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 26, 2016
The work life balance is decent but there are way too many obstacles in the way of a successful career. I am not a huge fan of the leadership as they are too involved in employee affairs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.