TSYS

TSYS Employee Reviews

Worst Company to work for, with a terrible work life balance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 31, 2016
I think this is one of the worst companies you could work for! It is a very cheap and stingy company that pays their customer service reps(agents) very low wages, and pays managers much higher salaries. The customer service reps have to struggle over pennies on the dollar and overtime pay. At Tsys, you will start at $10.00 per hour as a temp, and when you go permanent, you will earn $11.00 per hour. The only way to make more money, with Tsys, is you have to work a lot of overtime. They make employees fight over the best work schedules, by awarding the so-called best performers with a 7am to 4pm, or an 8am to 5pm shift, Monday thru Friday, as they are open 24/7, and are open on all major holidays. If they don't like you, or if they claim you are not in the top 20 percentile, you will not get a normal shift. This causes a very hostile work environment, as this causes reps not to trust, or want to work to help one another, because they are all trying to get the best schedules. The moral, there, is very low, due to the low wages, and bad scheduling. Everyone is so uptight and walking around on pins and needles there. I trained at the McDonough location, which looks dim and penitentiary-like. The national average for customer service jobs like this, at such a high security level, pay at least $15.00 per hour! Stop treating your workers like prisoners and start offering them better pay!
Pros
Clean facility, great house keeping.
Cons
Way below average pay for customer service Agents
A great Place to Work Overall
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Here, there is a nice business environment, For the most parts, your supervisors try their best to help you along. It includes a diverse atmosphere and plenty of room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my day is hard to identify due to the fact I enjoyed it often.
Great place to work with wonderful benefits and opportunities for growth
Associate Manager Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I am an Associate Manager / Supervisor in an inbound call center. A typical day at work starts with checking the service levels, occupancy (call outs or late arrivals to work). The next thing I do is systems test, quality assurance. The next part of my day is reporting, correcting or troubleshooting any issues or concerns that would have a negative impact on meeting our projected goals for the day or month. I have learned that I am a self starter and I am a team player. I have also learned to solve problems and work with in the guidelines of compliance policy and procedures. My management is focused on people first and encourages change and growth. My co-workers are the best part of the job; we learn to depend on each other to be successful as a group. Because I enjoy my work ,the hardest part of my job is trying to balance my work hours and home life. The people I work with are the best part of my job. I enjoy coaching and developing people to make us successful.
Pros
The company has a rich diverse culture
Cons
Senior Management Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day at work was to manager customer service representatives in the call center. Each training was designed to manage their success as customer service representative.
Good and challenging job
sales (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Learned a LOT in the past few years at TSYS. Great team though we're spread out, we still stay connected. We have a good amount to team building meetings that are fun.
Pros
Ice cream most days
Cons
no cons
Enjoyable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 24, 2015
TSYS is a very good place to work and the benefits and compensation is above normal, but you feel like you can not go to anyone in HR to discuss a manager
Always a very productive and enjoyable place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 22, 2015
Having been there for many years there was always room for advancement in your career, as well as learning opportunities. They keep the employees updated on where the company stands or stood on certain issues and in the market place.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Too segregated in the work area - you are in your own little world
Fun work place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 20, 2015
Excellence Company. Good Management. Flexible Schedule. They have a good trainer and a huge system to work for. They are highly motivate.
Productive Workplace
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 7, 2015
Great place to work with good pay. People are friendly and will help you in any way they can. I'd love to go back and work for them again.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 4, 2015
Good place to work. My only 'quirk' is that partiality is shown often. If you aren't part of the clique, your raise/bonus will not match your performance.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria onsite
Cons
partiality is shown greatly
Good environment, freindly co workers, on site activities
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 17, 2015
Check emails, work on incident tickets for clients,
Review progress of all issues outstanding with team members.
Perform daily checks of automated scripts etc.
Pros
Volunteer activities. onsite workout room. Telecommute available.
Cons
Cannot insure working spouse with tsys health benefits.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 16, 2015
Good environment with a good chance to make great money. Must hit high goals. Not a ton of control over goals, but they are attainable. Daily metrics are annoying but not a deal breaker.
The company that time forgot
AD (Former Employee) –  Corporate Ridge Dr Columbus GaOctober 23, 2015
TSYS is supposed to be a technology company however they are severely lacking in their technology offerings. The market has far surpassed what this company has to offer.

The Sr. Managements' style is equally antiquated and down right bizarre. The organization desperately needs an infusion of youthful, fresh, forward thinking and a mass displacement of the ready to retire current regime.

Just because you've been there for 15+ years doesn't make you good at your job. This concept is lost on the current leaders.
Pros
The turnover rate is so high you constantly get to meet new people!
Cons
The AD's and on up lack business acumen and common sense thinking. Do not work here.
A good company to work for.
Senior Client Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 16, 2015
A good company to work for. Allowed me to have flexible hours. I did not like being on call all time. Great place to work. Amazing place to work.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Being on call a lot
great place to work
test analyst (Former Employee) –  columbus gaOctober 7, 2015
morning meeting, write test scripts and correspond with Business Analyst regarding policies for clients. Great relationships with co-workers. getting test accounts numbers were tough. A great company to work for.
benefits
Cons
training not efficient
Laid back company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  columbus, GAOctober 1, 2015
overall great company to work for, very laid back environment. No dress code most employees take advantage of this. Provides great benefits and starts off more than minimum wage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, low pay
A great workplace
Client Service Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 1, 2015
My current job is a great place to work. When it comes to learning experiences, I have gained a lot of knowledge within to the 11 yrs I have been the company. Their moto is, 'knowledge is the key' and I agree with that. The more knowledge you have, no matter what it is, the more you grow within a leading company.
Pros
Receive training frequently and its a place that thrives on putting family first
Cons
Not enough communication between management and employees.
My days at work are productive.
IT Operation Technician Lv.2 (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoy my work and what I am doing at work. My days at work are always productive because I was tasks to do on a daily basis and installs/changes to manage or assist with other groups. In my work, I touch basic with most of the things in IT, such as file-transfer, network, servers, database, developments, writing reports, and projects. TSYS is a large company so there are many productions and non-productions installs and changes on a daily basis. I get along with other groups and con-workers just fine.
Fun to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe AZSeptember 8, 2015
Culture in the building was fun and enjoyable. It was fun to work with co-workers that you liked and were hard workers. There was always a training available for new products so you will always had the option to learn and practice new techniques that helped to do your job more easier.
Pros
nice benefits
Productive and fast growing
International Consultant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaAugust 22, 2015
TSYS was a very good company to work for when I started.There has been so many changes with the mangement. Majority of the managers came from outside of the company and made drastic changes without getting a feel on TSYS way of doing business. Most of the managers would stay 6 months-2 years and leave. So many projects are rushed during conversions which damages the relationships with our clients. Which is time and money wasted.
Pros
Excellent Benfit package, vacation, Paid sick time and floating holiday
Cons
Growth opportunities