TSYS Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to learn and grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2017
Unlike those former employees' bad comments, I believe this was a great company to learn so many things.They simply advanced my vision about what not to do... If you are planning to start your business or build your career in the merchant service industry, start with this company... Trust me! you will be extremely unhappy while you are working for them but their company culture, management style, operational policies and how they treat their business partners & customers will help you to prevent loosing at years 10 years in this industry. So you can advance your business skills and your people skills much faster...
Pros
great everything...
Cons
company pens were not writing well
Declining Work Environment
Software Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 5, 2017
Management sees employees as numbers who are interchangeable while giving no regard to the employees skills and advancement desires. Management has an expectation of complete obedience and is not open to hearing opposing opinions. There is more focus on statistics that can be presented to show positive pictures to the board than they are in actually producing a quality product. This leads to a demoralizing atmosphere for employees.
Toxic environment with no work life balance and careless Management
Anonymus (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
This is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. The work environment is so toxic that it starts to impact your health tremendously. Here are some of the things which makes this place horrible:
-worst managers in many departments. These managers can be subject matter experts but have no managerial skills.
-Favoritism- people who have been working here for couple of years and are favored in terms of vacation (how and when they take it), growth opportunities, recognition of your efforts and a general attitude towards you. Managers won't have your back if you are not his/her favorite.
-Some of the folks who have been there long enough gets away with doing littlest work.
-Lack of privacy-due to the open office system people notice everything you do. It gets harder to concentrate on work with million distractions around.
-Unprofessional behaviors from managerial team members often get unpunished and there is a lot of these behaviors going on around.
-Highly unorganized way of working

Bottom line: Management doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Good training was provided
Cons
Toxic and unhealthy place to work
High paced and productive
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2017
you must stay ready to work and be on time. Work will be a difficult at times however, it is nothing that you cant handle. Job takes dedication and you get out what you put in.
Pros
LUNCH
Cons
TIME OFF
I've learned
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 20, 2017
I've learned that no task is too small and that there is always a way to assist someone in need,solve their problem, or make their day better.I have also learned that you never stop learning.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and fun workplace, I loved the atmosphere and assisting patients also being accurate with information. The hours worked well for me and coworkers were always helpful and pleasant.
A good place to work
Senior Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A good place to work with a "team player" atmosphere. Its a fast paced environment with a competitive feel to it. Benefits are good as well as the medical plans. The salary levels for the different job titles need to be overhauled and re-adjusted, in my opinion, because they really don't meet industry standards. But over all, it was a very enjoyable place to work for over 10 years.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, holiday events, advancement opportunities, free gifts throughout the year.
Cons
Salary levels for the different job titles are below industry standard.
Great company
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 15, 2017
TSYS offers many benefits, Health, 401k and profit sharing. TSYS has plenty of Opportunities for advancement since it is such a larger company and they have locations all over the world
benefits
Cons
management top heavy
very productive
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 10, 2017
great place to work and meet new people. management was awesome, plenty of overtime hours, great pay and work environment. i loved working here everyday!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
A comedy of errors
Merchant Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 7, 2017
I was a Merchant Advocate for this company for a year and a quarter. This firm is constantly spitting through employees from the C suite all the way down. From the first week one can see the complete disarray at virtually every level and the constant drumbeat of acquisitions means no one can logically assume they are on their way up or even near a middle class level of compensation.
You would have to wonder why they even bother with training given the likelihood of the new hire moving on or being fired from these ridiculous levels of expectations management expects to remain employees. The teams are great sources of help along the way since the training is barely four days and hardly sufficient. The verbal abuse by management is not productive and demonstrated the lack of professional acumen which does exist at successful firms. I learned a lot about the electronic payment industry and in particular why it is so flawed if TSYS is the example.
Pros
Benefit package is wide in depth
Cons
Shockingly inconsistent management, nepotism, poor customer service
Job was very stressful
Client Support Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 20, 2016
I consulted multiple clients on phone calls all day while managing a large number of emails, also from multiple clients, and many of the emails required immediate attention. I was also responsible for managing an option maintenance box when clients would need changes to their functionality. I also had to manage projects sent in by the client that required my writing criteria to perform specific technical functions. My manager allowed me to work without being micro managed. I got along well with my co-workers and we all would help each other when needed. Hardest part of the job was managing so many different things for 9-10 different clients and being on call 24/7. Most enjoyable part of the job was that we were free to move around all during the day and pretty much work on our own.
Pros
Get off work for personal needs anytime we needed to for personal needs, cafeteria on campus, team building events.
Cons
Working in a cubical, being on call.
Was Great, now in a nose dive
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 19, 2016
This company WAS a great place to work. Then the new CEO's hired gun management completely changed the company culture. It was an employee centered company where employees were the chief asset. Now it is a performance centered company where employees are an expense.
They have forgotten how they got where they are.
High pay. Super benefits. Too bad the management ruins it.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2016
I was hired in as a Business Systems Specialist in the Alpharetta office. 4 weeks in, my hiring director and several of my team members were laid off. With minimal training, I was expected to take on the work of 3 positions and succeed. Management was not effective and training was constantly cancelled. My team was 'non existent' and not supportive. The salary and benefits are outstanding! But the workplace is designed for resources to fail. Maybe a different department or even a different team would have made a difference. But my experience was not a good one.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
No training. No new hire support.
Difficult to merge with existing staff.
Business System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 6, 2016
Difficult to come into the organization at a Senior level.Top heavy in the management area. Managers that have worked at TSYS for a long period of time are not very accepting or encouraging to experienced people coming into the organization.
Teams are required and encouraged to have team building exercises away from the office setting.
TSYS has a week long employee appreciation. Dress code, for the majority of the areas are business casual or jeans,
Don't be fooled
Fraud Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 5, 2016
TSYS seems like such a wonderful company on the outside but don't be fooled. If you come in as a temp they will seem like they care until you flip perm. The leadership here is a joke. Literally have to go to the top to get anything done
Joke. Absolute joke.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Low pay. Lot of work. Leadership.
Nice benefits terrible environment
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 30, 2016
Leads treatment of reps was that of principal to student. Socially harsh workplace. Coworkers(ghetto). VAC, PTO, & Float days great. Weird scheduling.
Pros
Days off, benefits, big cubicles
Cons
Dr notes not accepted, mandatory OT ALL THE TIME, schedule changed every 3months
Large Credit card processor
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2016
TSYS is a US based Credit Card processor. Home office is in Omaha, NE and the satellite office in Louisville was closed after about 3 years. Inside Sales position was unstable and very "churn and burn".
Amazing first start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 21, 2016
Tsys is a great company from top to bottom. They aim to please their clients in every aspect possible. Would refer anyone wanting that first foot into the door of the customer service working force.
Pros
Schedule choice, healthcare, raises
Cons
Short breaks
TSYS great place to work.
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 16, 2016
TSYS was a great place to work. Team Members always helped each other. Managers were always willing to listen to you and help you.Job was very stressful and busy at times.
Decent Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 11, 2016
Decent organization especially for technology people. The organization is going through a transition so be aware of people's true intentions. Overall, an acceptable organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSYS. Our community is ready to answer.